Intothemist

Dec 2, 2017
if you've played through all current content, see the second option 8 posts before yours #74,671 and save as a separate save slot.

FYI after the release of tech update, everyone will start at the beginning again.
Is there a reason why we would be forced to replay the game from the beginning? Isnt the game just getting updated art and nothing else?

Reactions: Ifllslonly

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Is there a reason why we would be forced to replay the game from the beginning? Isnt the game just getting updated art and nothing else?
No. Not only is the art being updated to shift the display ratio from 4:3 to 16:9, but the entire code specifically written for Summertime Saga is being revised.
1705253085802.png
Here's a breakdown on the original goals of the Tech Update. Here are the monthly reports for Dec 2023, Nov 2023, Oct 2023, Sep 2023, Aug 2023, Jul 2023, Jun 2023, May 2023 on its status.
They've said multiple times on both stream and on Discord that there will be no save compatibility between the old version and the rebuild because they're two different games at this point and that it'd be a waste of time and resources trying to force it to work.

Intothemist

Dec 2, 2017
No. Not only is the art being updated to shift the display ratio from 4:3 to 16:9, but the entire code specifically written for Summertime Saga is being revised.
View attachment 3262854
Here's a breakdown on the original goals of the Tech Update. Here are the monthly reports for Dec 2023, Nov 2023, Oct 2023, Sep 2023, Aug 2023, Jul 2023, Jun 2023, May 2023 on its status.

Interesting. Well that makes more sense and sounds like once the tech update is finish it will make it easier to streamline quicker updates to the game.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Interesting. Well that makes more sense and sounds like once the tech update is finish it will make it easier to streamline quicker updates to the game.
I wouldn't expect updates to be any quicker than they were previously, before the tech update began (2-5 months, with an average of 3-4 months). The original goals don't even make that estimate/promise. The "speed up" is referenced to more frequent testing... not more frequent releases. Same with "tighter test cycles". Yes, in theory, that could mean quicker releases but it very rarely works out that way in the end. Even if it means internally things might speed up there's usually something that fills the void that takes up the time saved (other ideas for gameplay, different art work, etc...).

redlupa

May 29, 2020
I wouldn't expect updates to be any quicker than they were previously, before the tech update began (2-5 months, with an average of 3-4 months). The original goals don't even make that estimate/promise. The "speed up" is referenced to more frequent testing... not more frequent releases. Same with "tighter test cycles". Yes, in theory, that could mean quicker releases but it very rarely works out that way in the end. Even if it means internally things might speed up there's usually something that fills the void that takes up the time saved (other ideas for gameplay, different art work, etc...).
Abandoned it is :KEK:

DickKingLoL

Aug 17, 2020
View attachment 3262854
when will this tech update gonna even happen, its been years and years when i saw this and its still not complete

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
when will this tech update gonna even happen, its been years and years when i saw this and its still not complete
from my post #74,645
still months away... or longer.​

from my post #70,936
The main story is "finished" - the MC found out what happened to his father and the people responsible were being held accountable.​
The other two stories are not finished - "earning money" and "date for the dance."​
That said - even should the developer ever complete those two stories, the game may not be considered finished by the developer. They've stated in at least one interview as early as 2017 that there are a ton of ideas for characters and storylines... that the game is "open-ended."​

As I have stated many times in this thread (and a couple of others) - people need to move beyond the concept of games having an end or completed tag. They need to consider them more like television series and book anthologies and comic books and movies with sequels. They will continue on until the public stops asking for more content and/or the developer tires of it.​

4.00 star(s) 362 Votes