Dec 21, 2020
The updates were never given timetables.
The following order of next updates has not changed since the inclusion of the tech update by the vote of the patreons three years ago and before the inclusion - the order of the three character updates were the same as they are now.
View attachment 3297035
As for the tech update, yes, we've gone over time and again that 3 years ago DC was underinformed, made a terrible estimate, and shot himself in the foot and has since been poor managed. We all agree on that. However, no matter how poorly it's been handled - he hasn't promised anything in the past 2 years of when that tech update would be released nor the character updates. Just simply the order of the expected future updates.

There was no promise of any "update months ago."

Your claim of "promised update" holds no water, but is simply you being disgruntled that that progress isn't going the pace you personally wish. There is no problem being disappointed, a lot of us are. However, don't make up things which don't exist to give false credence to your accusations.

And again, update releases - whether the release themselves or the timetable of releases - are not tier benefits for subscriber patreons. You're repeating a claim that is already known as not true. Your claim of "stringing along" also holds no water.
At this point there is nothing you can say to defend his actions.

I'm a game developer myself, and already worked in some indie and original games, and even as a substitute in big projects like Zelda for nintendo

With the amount of money that this Mister is doing by month, if he uses 30% of his budget, he can literally, finish the game in just 3 months, working fom Monday to friday and taking 2 days off.

In this point is literally insane to defend him, even forced blindness.

He just wants to get as much as money he wants, it's impossible to take this long to change the Tech of the game, i even offered some of my services, even making a reasonoble price, just because i like the game, but he refused. (said that had suficient people)

maybe he has, what he doesen't have is desire to finish now, in any way he is losing a lot of patreons for this, and creating some fanboys that defend him no matter what, the game will be finished when they are 80 years old, and still wil defend him like mindless bots.

it's your choice to believe in me or not, and idon't care which you pick, for me its undeniable what's happening here.

watermankaku

Feb 6, 2021
At this point there is nothing you can say to defend his actions.

I'm a game developer myself, and already worked in some indie and original games, and even as a substitute in big projects like Zelda for nintendo

With the amount of money that this Mister is doing by month, if he uses 30% of his budget, he can literally, finish the game in just 3 months, working fom Monday to friday and taking 2 days off.

In this point is literally insane to defend him, even forced blindness.

He just wants to get as much as money he wants, it's impossible to take this long to change the Tech of the game, i even offered some of my services, even making a reasonoble price, just because i like the game, but he refused. (said that had suficient people)

maybe he has, what he doesen't have is desire to finish now, in any way he is losing a lot of patreons for this, and creating some fanboys that defend him no matter what, the game will be finished when they are 80 years old, and still wil defend him like mindless bots.

it's your choice to believe in me or not, and idon't care which you pick, for me its undeniable what's happening here.
Excellent friends, hope to cooperate in the future, I am practicing 3d modeling.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
So, a whole week without working.
Your point? It's a rare exception that someone doesn't take time off from work for a week from time to time. Whether for sickness or other reasons.

I work in the United States and I get 3 weeks of paid vacation, 7 days paid holidays, 2 days of paid floating holiday time, and 1 week of paid PTO that can be used for sickness, appointments, or just because I want to. That's about 6 weeks out of 52 per year. And I'm not at the max possible at my employer. And yes, I use them all (or cash out what I can).

Edit: Oh, and then there's 12-14 weeks of paid parental leave for either parent (birthing or non-birthing). As well as any federally/state mandated leaves that are unpaid.

Also, I could miss a full week of work without pay (and get written up for it) without losing my job. After three months, that rolls off my record and I could attempt to do it again. However, at some point my employer may decide I'm malingering and find other reasons to let me go.

Microtom

Sep 5, 2017
Your point? It's a rare exception that someone doesn't take time off from work for a week from time to time. Whether for sickness or other reasons.

I work in the United States and I get 3 weeks of paid vacation, 7 days paid holidays, 2 days of paid floating holiday time, and 1 week of paid PTO that can be used for sickness, appointments, or just because I want to. That's about 6 weeks out of 52 per year. And I'm not at the max possible at my employer. And yes, I use them all (or cash out what I can).

Edit: Oh, and then there's 12-14 weeks of paid parental leave for either parent (birthing or non-birthing). As well as any federally/state mandated leaves that are unpaid.

Also, I could miss a full week of work without pay (and get written up for it) without losing my job. After three months, that rolls off my record and I could attempt to do it again. However, at some point my employer may decide I'm malingering and find other reasons to let me go.

No point other than it's discouraging. Your comparison with paid leave isn't super useful considering DC only works 2 hours a day on his game.

I mean, DC can work however long he wants per day on his game. But it's just discouraging how long it all takes.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
considering DC only works 2 hours a day on his game.
He usually streams 2 hours per most weekdays on the game. You have no knowledge of how many hours he works off-stream. Do not conflate the two.

Also, you - and we - don't know the number of hours he works off-stream on the days that he states he's too sick to stream.

I get you're discouraged - many people are. However, making accusations and false assumptions do not help the situation.

Microtom

Sep 5, 2017
He usually streams 2 hours per most weekdays on the game. You have no knowledge of how many hours he works off-stream. Do not conflate the two.

You, and we, don't know the number of hours he works off-stream on the days that he states he's too sick to stream.

So, again, your point?
It's not like there's a ton of art that magically appears that we haven't seen streamed. DC has said before that he spends 30 minutes preparing stuff before streaming and that's it. That's the work he does in a day. Sometimes he draws a bit at night off stream when he feels like he's behind on his schedule, which he also said himself.

These updates don't take years for no reasons.

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
It's not like there's a ton of art that magically appears that we haven't seen streamed. DC has said before that he spends 30 minutes preparing stuff before streaming and that's it. That's the work he does in a day. Sometimes he draws a bit at night off stream when he feels like he's behind on his schedule.

These updates don't take years for no reasons.
He says he preps 30 minutes for the stream. That doesn't mean he doesn't do anything else in the other hours. Again, do not conflate the two.

Dogs have the object permanence of a 1 to 2 year old person. You have the object permanence of an adult. You know that just because you don't see him working, doesn't mean he is not working when you don't watch him stream. He doesn't fade into the void.

That aside, the art is 99% done. DC's part of the update is 99% done. As of today.
1706299324512.png

You're right, "updates don't take years for no reasons." But the reasons don't need to be make believe. The coding and dialogue/script has more than 26,000,000 characters, larger than the entire Harry Potter novel series. There are nearly 2,000 images and their posing that require revisions/reposing/etc. Etc etc etc. Until that time that the tech update is released, people can play and replay the current version to their heart's content - just like they do with retail games that are no longer in development. And even then, playing the same content R(h)onda's update after that - just with the new code and display ratio, etc (and subsequent bugfix(es)).

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: suissant

The Black Cat

Sep 8, 2023
I love this game.

Good to see the main story is complete, so to me the game is complete, and if dev is taking time to better the game, with secondary quests (DLCs to me) then he is welcomed to do it, as im a free user of the game, i am not a patreon, so why i will be angry with delays of the game if i am not a paying costumer?
I bet most of the people here on f95zone are not paying, so why all this hate?

I prefer to wait and have a good quality and stable new version of the game, than a low buggy version with lots of errors.

Regards.

class.jpg

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
The coding and dialogue/script has more than 26,000,000 characters, larger than the entire Harry Potter novel series.
This is either very ignorant or intentionally misleading.

While the script archive is indeed ~25.5 mb large, it contains compiled version of the script which is significantly larger than the raw source. To be exact, the size of actual game script is ~40% of this value:

1706307494276.png vs 1706307505403.png

Out of that 10 mb, roughly half is the code, half is the script. Large parts of the script is copy/pasting of characters placements, expressions etc. Writing-wise, it's also nowhere near an actual novel, so let's not go there.

(but for the record, the mentioned Harry Potter books are ~6.5 mb combined)

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
So, a whole week without working.
Just to add, the fact that he doesn't stream, doesn't mean that he doesn't work. There's just no use to stream when you are sniffling or coughing - he did it a few times and it's pretty annoying.

DC has said before that he spends 30 minutes preparing stuff before streaming and that's it. That's the work he does in a day. Sometimes he draws a bit at night off stream when he feels like he's behind on his schedule, which he also said himself.
You know yourself, that that's wrong. Just look at any past update in these last years and you'll see that the majority of content hasn't been created on stream. That in itself means, that he's spending more time drawing off stream than on stream. You can literally SEE that.

4.00 star(s) 361 Votes