Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
This is either very ignorant or intentionally misleading.

While the script archive is indeed ~25.5 mb large, it contains compiled version of the script which is significantly larger than the raw source. To be exact, the size of actual game script is ~40% of this value:

View attachment 3298691 vs View attachment 3298692

Out of that 10 mb, roughly half is the code, half is the script. Large parts of the script is copy/pasting of characters placements, expressions etc. Writing-wise, it's also nowhere near an actual novel, so let's not go there.

(but for the record, the mentioned Harry Potter books are ~6.5 mb combined)
I was wrong in the character count. I am sorry. I thought I had made the correct filter to get the correct figures and I made a mistake.

I never compared the quality of the writing - but the sheer content. The level of proof-reading for typos, errors, as well as mistakes in coding are rigorous endeavours, even if at a different level of intent.

Again, I admit that I made a mistake but it does not detract from the simple fact that there is a lot of data, writing, and coding that has to be revised, reviewed, and run - and even at the lower figure, that the main thrust that there are more characters within the Summertime Saga coding and dialogue/script than the Harry Potter novel series still is correct.

From this point on, I'll use your number.

Cube78

May 10, 2020
After 18 days (but with Christmas holidays in between) we reach the next milestone: 79%.

Art: 185/187 (+2)
Posing: 82/131 (+2)
Writing: 76/85 (+3)
Code: 178/255 (-)

Progress for Tech Update
- Total Tasks: 658
- Completed: 79.18% (+1.06%)
- InProgress: 5.47% (-0.91%)
- Remaining: 15.35% (-0.15%)
Here we go: 16 days for the 79->80% transition.

Art: 186/187 (+1)
Posing: 86/131 (+4)
Writing: 77/85 (+1)
Code: 178/255 (-)

Progress for Tech Update
- Total Tasks: 658
- Completed: 80.09% (+0.91%)
- InProgress: 4.86% (-0.61%)
- Remaining: 15.05% (-0.35%)

This one was a little slow, indeed, but at least there was some progress in 'posing' tasks which, this is just an assumption, I suppose prevent code tasks to progress. My assumption is based on the fact that the coding activities they mention monthly don't seem too complex so I suppose that, in order to finalize them, all the other stuff must be ok.
I'll have to ask it to DC himself, if I get the opportunity.

blanquesino69

Jan 12, 2020
He usually streams 2 hours per most weekdays on the game. You have no knowledge of how many hours he works off-stream. Do not conflate the two.

Also, you - and we - don't know the number of hours he works off-stream on the days that he states he's too sick to stream.

I get you're discouraged - many people are. However, making accusations and false assumptions do not help the situation.
Not enough hours to update the game in a year tho

johndooooh

Jan 8, 2024
Please, do tell, what false promises?
To help - please be clear and concise. And note, again, the game is not a tier benefit. It's not locked behind any paywall.
They are getting what their tier benefits say they get for their support.
Also, stringing them along for what? A free game for all?
yes have people like a free game and take those numbers to an investor to make a real game for profit this is how you grow a indie company smartass

Reactions: Throwawayxyz

StreamSteam

Engaged Member
Jun 24, 2022
It's not like there's a ton of art that magically appears that we haven't seen streamed. DC has said before that he spends 30 minutes preparing stuff before streaming and that's it. That's the work he does in a day. Sometimes he draws a bit at night off stream when he feels like he's behind on his schedule, which he also said himself.

These updates don't take years for no reasons.
Word DC is a scammer, A.I will take over (in at least 5 years) , sure about it, then we will not be dependant on unreliable devs anymore

TwoHeavens

Aug 26, 2020
Your point? It's a rare exception that someone doesn't take time off from work for a week from time to time. Whether for sickness or other reasons.

I work in the United States and I get 3 weeks of paid vacation, 7 days paid holidays, 2 days of paid floating holiday time, and 1 week of paid PTO that can be used for sickness, appointments, or just because I want to. That's about 6 weeks out of 52 per year. And I'm not at the max possible at my employer. And yes, I use them all (or cash out what I can).

Edit: Oh, and then there's 12-14 weeks of paid parental leave for either parent (birthing or non-birthing). As well as any federally/state mandated leaves that are unpaid.

Also, I could miss a full week of work without pay (and get written up for it) without losing my job. After three months, that rolls off my record and I could attempt to do it again. However, at some point my employer may decide I'm malingering and find other reasons to let me go.
Not defending him btw :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: sucklepuck

Mac2

Jan 3, 2018
So what's up with opening the console? I followed the directions and changed false to true in notepad, but shift-O still does nothing.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Not defending him btw :ROFLMAO:
Not defending him. I was making a point that the person had no point. They were making a strawman argument around "taking time off" something we all do from our work.

It's ridiculous the level of entitlement shown when anyone wants to take time off from work on developing a game ... or needs to because they are sick, or has family obligations.

Heaven forbid if your cumshots in your dirty socks are less important than the developer taking care of oneself. Especially... again... for a game that is free to play.

Honestly, people need to grow up and stop throwing tantrums or be sniveling brats about a free game. About any game. Especially a game that, even if it did cost money, 99% of us are all here to take without offering a red cent.
I'm absolutely baffled that there's people in this thread dick munching the fuck outta this mf, when it's blatant obvious that he's milking the hell out of this game, i don't know if its delusion or actual brain damage
You can't milk something that is 100% free to play directly from the person you say is milking. Go to his website, download the game, don't pay a thing.

As for the subscribers, they are given everything their tier benefits promise them.

Where is the milking?

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Oh no! He posted the thing! Whatever shall I do now?!

I'd actually be laughing if you weren't incredible one note, the only worthwhile thing to your posts being the pair of jugs on your icon, and (and that's honestly the thing that really invalidates your opinion) you unironically like RPGmaker slop. Those weren't good when Violated Heroine came out, and they still aren't good.

So, are we done with insulting each other and actually gonna have a honest discussion, or would you rather continue calling me a bootlicker while I'll call you an NTL cocksucker?

Your choice.

1000068813.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Snugglepuff
4.00 star(s) 361 Votes