srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
do you get points for making the same statement over and over and over,congrats on having my last post removed.this game was great in 2021 it had everything.seems dev has gone backwards,3 small updates in 2022-relevant to this thread,then where are we.seems to be operatating to f95 rules-post on media,updates 18 months apart and it seems a mouth piece.mods by all means delete this but know this you are being played.we members should be able to call out devs who dont perform,forget the fact over 28000 patrons.you say off topic-what topic is it.perhaps its time for a rule change.
Didn't you know how DC spends all his Patreon earnings?
  • Paying pirate forum white hats (40%)
    • Additional bonus for each posting repeating the same statement (varying)
  • Preventing additional artists from job applications (20%)
  • Finding reasons to fire developers that work too fast (20%)
  • Marking pirate forum posts for deletion (10%)
  • Generous revards for finding new tasks delaying tech update completion (10%)
  • Baking cookies for himself and his family (5%)
    • No cookies for team members (1% for finding excuses)
  • Finding additional income to cover the missing 6% (-6%)

Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
Didn't you know how DC spends all his Patreon earnings?
  • Paying pirate forum white hats (40%)
    • Additional bonus for each posting repeating the same statement (varying)
  • Preventing additional artists from job applications (20%)
  • Finding reasons to fire developers that work too fast (20%)
  • Marking pirate forum posts for deletion (10%)
  • Generous revards for finding new tasks delaying tech update completion (10%)
  • Baking cookies for himself and his family (5%)
    • No cookies for team members (1% for finding excuses)
  • Finding additional income to cover the missing 6% (-6%)
Who broke the NDA and told you?
we know they do it for free which is even more disturbing
Hey, no kink shaming!

KillerBee487

Sep 18, 2022
the abandoned tag isn't for making DC lose money or pressuring him to work faster, it's simply for informing people who come to this thread that the game hasn't gotten any updates in a ridiculous long time

as a good side effect, it also shows how far the game has fallen, summertime saga never had the greatest art or the most amazing story (at least in my opinion) but back when summertime saga started one of the greatest things about it was the transparency of the game development and the reliability of DC to release updates on a frequent basis. that has completly gone obviously.
Man it's funny that WaL got the abandoned tag faster than StS. Hope that changes soon for any of them

KillerBee487

Sep 18, 2022
Using that data, I expect the update to be done around November 2029 (not accounting for any "setbacks"), or December 2043 (if setbacks are considered). During that time, DC would earn $4 million or $14.2 million respectively.

View attachment 3422538
Hahahaha bro this shit literally blew my mind. 2030 if anything goes well! I'm not sure if the fans should cry or laugh at this point

mattius77

May 16, 2017
Game quality is still high for western game standards but yep pace is trash now. The only other person I recall really putting in work in hand drawn 2D western games using Renpy in particular was Akabur. Thinking about it, funny how thats almost a decade ago that he completed his two Trainer games Witch Trainer and Princess Trainer. Everyone was copying him.

I miss that guy, sucks that Akabur only has one casual project nowadays
Ha! I just replayed Witch Trainer a couple months ago.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
And the same complaints about the complaints. Also this might have something to do with it: Thread Updated: 2022-10-31
Yesterday we did have one person ask a question that was directly about doing something within the game. But yes, those questions are few and far between mostly because of what you point out.

Reactions: feral74

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
funny how games with over 28 thousand patrons dont ask questions
Because all the 28,000 patrons don't come from F95. It's maybe 280 or so.

Also, while there are 7 million registered accounts on F95, there are only 9 million posts in the games forum. That means the average account only posts about once in this forum. To go further, look at your number of posts in the games forum, 1,066. Look at mine, 5,194. That's over 6,000 posts representing 6,000 accounts that have never posted in the games forum. Let alone in this thread. Now consider the others with hundreds and thousands of posts in the games forum and what that means about the number of accounts who never post a single word.

In the grand scheme of things, few people actually post on F95. When I say few, I mean a couple of percent of the total number of accounts. And of that couple of percent, a fair number simply post 3 or 5 arbitrary posts in order to have the ability to share links or DM others. In the end, there's only a relative few that actually post anything in the games forum, even in this thread of 75,000 posts - if you did a breakdown of all the unique accounts which have posted in the past year - you'd be lucky to get much more than 1,000 accounts. I did it once, of course, for several months of posts and barely found 500 unique accounts posting in this thread.

There is more than F95. I know it can be difficult to understand. Hell, uptodown has logged over 67 million downloads of Summertime Saga's APK over the years.

Also, if a person is subscribed - they have access to a subscriber-only discord channel where they can ask questions and chat with others. Beyond that, there are playthrough videos available on YouTube. There's the Wiki.

There are so many other avenues than to go a pirate forum where subscribers are bombarded with insults as being simps, paypigs, cucks, and other insults. Not all of them are willing to put up with it like Hero1 and the few other known subscribers which come into the thread.

But yeah, funny...

4.00 star(s) 365 Votes