Ren'Py Abandoned Summoner School Academia [v1.0] [Cascadia Games]

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018

F9Zoney

Jul 1, 2018
so can anybody explain if this is the same creator from summertime saga? if yes i would like to pledge because i like summertime saga, but i´m concerned if its the same the time to update summertime saga will be affected.

anybody has news?

Prolko

Dec 23, 2019
I'm not gonna comment about it looking like a summertime saga dlc unlike other 15 comments, looks great tho. A league concepted game that actually has the potential to continue? sign me in.

nln0

Sep 4, 2017
It has the same artstyle too, so probably the same artist
so can anybody explain if this is the same creator from summertime saga? if yes i would like to pledge because i like summertime saga, but i´m concerned if its the same the time to update summertime saga will be affected.

anybody has news?
No it's a cheap tracing of STS. DarkCookie the only artist and founding dev of STS isn't making a new game until STS is done. And is definitely not making a cheap parody of LOL that looks like STS.

impzz

Jun 1, 2017
I'll wait till the next update, which, if Summertime Saga is anything to go by, will arrive in about 6 months. Or years.

SleepyWarrior

Jul 16, 2018
This game is simple rip off using modified art assets from Summertime Saga.
Also the artist of SS is and only is Darkcookie.
If it wasn't obvious this rip off has nothing to do with Darkcookie either. Do you all think he really has the time to make a LOL game when he already busy with SS. He would have used his own patreon to promote the game if he was him would made it too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
How quickly can we get this shit pulled from Patreon?

Also, for the people wondering if this is done by Dark Cookie, ask yourselves, how many characters are in the game? How many of them look like each other? You really think Dark Cookie can't draw new faces for a brand new game?

KingRocket

Jan 18, 2020

anybody has news?
The easiest way to tell is to check the Patreon page.
Now tell me why would an established creator make a second Patreon account for their new game?
Also, nowhere did their website and Patreon mentioned or linked to their previous work (except for the blatant copy-pasted mistake mentioned here
I think they forgot to do some modifications to their website x)
View attachment 1215419
So yes, this is obviously a scam.

Last edited:
Reactions: nln0

Gok

Jun 9, 2017
So.. all they did was draw on the original art.. they literally didn't do anything other than change the text and draw new costumes to the characters.. if bet if you compared scenes to SS you'd find that all of the character positions are the same, conversation queues are the same. Basically the added some work to leech of SS to get some sweet patreon/whatever other platform money..

XCelesX

Jun 2, 2020
there is sharing a artstyle and there is just putting wigs on the character and using 100% of Summertime Saga's content. This is option 2 to a point that it looks like a parody episode. Does Dark Cookie know about this?

Reactions: ZeeLazy

Dom1anon

Jun 21, 2018
I have never and will never play LoL but the brazen nature of the project demands respect.

This entire website is based on piracy and taking stuff people worked on and are selling to give it away for free.
I don't think anybody here, least of all the administration can complain about ethics in regards to piracy lmao.

Casseh

May 12, 2018
While I enjoy the idea, unless DarkCookie specifically said he allowed for this type of thing to be done (which I highly doubt), I encourage everyone not to play the game. If anything, the thread will most likely be getting removed soon too.

Reactions: XCelesX

monkgi

Sep 25, 2017
Am i wrong in assuming School and Academia are basically the same thing? Academia generally refers more to a research environment while School more often refers to individual education. At the end of the day, though, using both terms is basically redundant.

Obviously, it's playing off My Hero Academia, but you don't need to title it as both "Academia" AND "School"

Reactions: F9Zoney