Ren'Py Abandoned Summoner School Academia [v1.0] [Cascadia Games]

dantarius

May 15, 2019
Let's be honest, it's 10 minutes of gameplay that has this, and if it looks like a summer time saga dlc but has several original parts, you have to wait to see how it develops, if it is a rare dlc or they modify it and something new comes out.

PD:although only original in some characters, backgrounds and some other thing, the story is literally a draft of summer time saga to the level that some characters did not change the name they have in summer time saga

hemingwaytoohot

May 13, 2021
Huh. At least 20 posts got deleted in this thread since a few hours ago. I guess I saw a bunch of posts that were way rude. And a lot of people get the impression that drawing styles are protected.

There's a video accusing Summoner School Academia of copying Summertime Saga's code:

I checked with rpaextract and unrpy and could definitely see Summertime Saga code in there.

Cascadia = dark cookie :sneaky:
I'm starting to hope this is true. It's the only way the blatant copying of files and code would seem OK. And unfortunately this kind of dishonesty (is it?) [talking about making a new Patreon to work on a side-project rather than using the original super-successful patreon to announce a new game - again, this is pure speculation] is probably the wisest way to go about Patreon projects to maximize earnings.

The art quality is good, with one tiny exception of MC looking above other characters' heads instead of at their eyes.

F9Zoney

Jul 1, 2018
Developer here, really didn't mean for this to blow up. Was trying to make a summertime saga / league of legends mash up because I thought it would be fun. There was a ton of work that went into it but it's true that original structure was based on the summertime saga game. As development moved along characters and locations diverged further from the original game (outside houses, arcade, mini games). In fact all the mini games are 100% unique and one of the things I thought was a major improvement. Future iterations are meant to push the story and style further in a unique direction. However, I'm not happy with the current state (which was suppose to be more of a proof of concept) and will be taking some steps moving forward. Patreon is down and will not be taking any donations.

Work at reworking assets that are the same style/layout.
Work with original developer and only move forward with blessing/credit
if ya rework the game and artstyle and don´t abandon the project, will it be like the summertime saga in style or completely different? and will there be any incest, trap or goths in it?

JMike

May 12, 2017
Developer here, really didn't mean for this to blow up. Was trying to make a summertime saga / league of legends mash up because I thought it would be fun. There was a ton of work that went into it but it's true that original structure was based on the summertime saga game. As development moved along characters and locations diverged further from the original game (outside houses, arcade, mini games). In fact all the mini games are 100% unique and one of the things I thought was a major improvement. Future iterations are meant to push the story and style further in a unique direction. However, I'm not happy with the current state (which was suppose to be more of a proof of concept) and will be taking some steps moving forward. Patreon is down and will not be taking any donations.

Work at reworking assets that are the same style/layout.
Work with original developer and only move forward with blessing/credit
Cascadia
You have talent.
Don't let yourself go down and create your own universe.

Cheers

loikl

Feb 14, 2018
What the..., this game has not been here for a day and it is already abandoned, I hope it is not because of all the hatred and criticism that was poured on it.
We must be clear, this game looks identical to summertime saga, with the difference that it is inspired in LoL, and for obvious reasons some things change, personally I do not think it was a bad idea, even the editions of the characters aren't look bad, however I think the world was not ready for this ... too bad, better luck next time.:(

Memer120233

Nov 5, 2018
What the..., this game has not been here for a day and it is already abandoned, I hope it is not because of all the hatred and criticism that was poured on it.
We must be clear, this game looks identical to summertime saga, with the difference that it is inspired in LoL, and for obvious reasons some things change, personally I do not think it was a bad idea, even the editions of the characters aren't look bad, however I think the world was not ready for this ... too bad, better luck next time.:(
I don't think anyone is criticising the idea, because the idea is good but the execution was horrible. The dev very clearly just did a copy paste and did some modifications. Which inherently wouldn't in my opinion be a bad idea even with the art style having been "stolen", the main issue imo is the fact that they made a patreon and made blatant lies trying to pass it off as "inspired by SS".

I also find it quite hilarious that some people are trying to brush this off by saying "Oh but we're all thieves here." As if that matters at all, the people who upload and download stuff of this site are petty (me included) but anyone who takes someones art (and code apparently) and tries to pass it off as their own and get money from it are scummy. Being scummy is far worse than being petty.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
I don't think anyone is criticising the idea, because the idea is good but the execution was horrible. The dev very clearly just did a copy paste and did some modifications. Which inherently wouldn't in my opinion be a bad idea even with the art style having been "stolen", the main issue imo is the fact that they made a patreon and made blatant lies trying to pass it off as "inspired by SS".

I also find it quite hilarious that some people are trying to brush this off by saying "Oh but we're all thieves here." As if that matters at all, the people who upload and download stuff of this site are petty (me included) but anyone who takes someones art (and code apparently) and tries to pass it off as their own and get money from it are scummy. Being scummy is far worse than being petty.
I think the biggest problem is that a lot of people seem to think that somehow one crime cancels out another. Piracy is theft. Plagiarism is theft and fraud. They're not just stealing assets, they're stealing credit for work they didn't do. They're trivializing the amount of effort that went into the original product. They're saying that a new look and a few custom minigames is just as good as making it from scratch. And you are too, if you encourage that kind of behavior.

Deleted member 1952336

Ortus
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2020
Fastest abandoned I've ever seen.

why that two links of mega and other not work? i wanna download but they are deleted why??
It looks like the Dev pulled the download links.

He said something about either getting permission from Dark Cookie to do a league of legends Summer time Saga spin off, or re-working the art (I think he was implying that if he didn't get permission he might rework it to be more of his own).

The frozen principles office and costumes look cool though. We'll have to wait and see if this re-emerge after it's been reworked.

One issue with traced work is we don't know if the artist would be able to pull off any original animations or lewd scenes.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: WhiteWolf34Uk

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
If anyone still has it, I’d appreciate an upload. The preview pics look much nicer than the last Summertime Saga "inspired" game I’ve seen here.