4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

godgodgodgodgod

Mar 19, 2018
Ah, Sunrider. I remember when it first came out. It wasn't close to one of my first VN games played but I did think it was good in a generic way. Then the studio misread their audience like hell in the third game and ended up going into idol games afterwards. I knew the fourth was in development but I'm still surprised it was actually released. Though thinking on it the plot sequel bait in the final game was actually pretty good vs the middle to early end game where the plot went to hell.

HX_Eros

Jun 7, 2021
Ah, Sunrider. I remember when it first came out. It wasn't close to one of my first VN games played but I did think it was good in a generic way. Then the studio misread their audience like hell in the third game and ended up going into idol games afterwards. I knew the fourth was in development but I'm still surprised it was actually released. Though thinking on it the plot sequel bait in the final game was actually pretty good vs the middle to early end game where the plot went to hell.
Yes, because only the "Plot" matters:

satou-kazuma-smirk.gif

Reactions: QuestionTime

KingRocket

Jan 18, 2020
I actually bought the game on Steam release day (gotta complete the collection), so i'll be playing that one.
Personally don't mind it have no H content since I already am invested in the story. Ava best girl.

Trynn

Jul 10, 2018
I think I'll pass. I've never really forgiven them for that initial bait-and-switch of making the series seem like you have choices but then forcing their plot-required girl upon you as the love interest. If you're making a kinetic novel, make it obvious so people don't decide on a route they want to do only to get told to go fuck themselves. Not improved by the necessary girl being the one I had the least interest in.

By the third game, it had lost its grip on me. A good attempt that fell short. The one game I remember the most fondly is the Academy spinoff because it let me get with... Sola? I think her name was? The white-haired unemotive one. And kept the link to the wider setting with the multiple dimensions aspect.

Why can't we get more ACE Academy?

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
The sexual content was never exactly the main point of the Sunrider games since there was only really a singular sex scene within the main series.
Idk man the rest of the gameplay of these games range from medicore at best and tedious grinds at worst. Gameplay wise previous entries were kinda basic so they needed to be carried by story which is unfortunate because the story really isn't interesting either. I figured if this game had romance it would contain sex scenes but I guess he's on a budget now or something. I feel the previous games were very strong 5/10s gameplay wise and story wise as it was just kinda there.

Reactions: singularbox

Zero54

Jun 16, 2017
Huh, I haven't played any of the Sunrider games since 2016, I'm surprised to see this here.

censuur

Oct 15, 2017
Anyone figure out how to use melee attacks yet? So far nothing seems to work, being right on top of enemies, being slightly away, facing enemies, facing away from enemies, having enemies dead center in the red area, taking a holiday on Venus nothing seems to let you actually use your melee attacks...

Aquilez

Jun 26, 2019
According to you guys, it seems like the romance sucks and the MC is forced to get with one of the FMCs.

Is the main story any good? I recall the 1st game being entertaining enough.

iju513

Dec 7, 2017
According to you guys, it seems like the romance sucks and the MC is forced to get with one of the FMCs.

Is the main story any good? I recall the 1st game being entertaining enough.
It forced you into a love interest out of your own decision agency, but did so to pull the equivalent of a Star Ocean 4 reveal in that your party member turns evil and not even your support and trust to them stops them. Except you can choose to really befriend that character or not in Star Ocean 4 The Last Hope while Liberation Day doesn't, so it hits you over the head that you are betrayed despite the narrative forcing you to trust her when everyone else is trying to get you to see reason.

Apparently it got so bad they had to throw in a DLC for Liberation Day where you could get your dating kinks in and give you the chance to avoid that bad ending in favor of the other girls. But frankly if a writer has to use time travel as a plot device to get out of the hole they wrote themselves in, they should consider doing something other than writing for a living.

Sunrider was mostly pitched as a space opera with cute girls on mobile suits that you can command and get closer with, but there was some disconnect along the way. LiS wanted to subvert expectations and tell an "epic" story, while their player base wanted to play a space Fire Emblem Awakening. Sure there is some war story, but the big bad is apparently connected to the girl you are forced to date for some tragic reveal that wasn't even made clear at the end of Mask of Arcadius. Just some screaming of a similar looking character.

zufield

Mar 6, 2018
Does anyone have a 100% save from Liberation Day? You can import it into Captain's Return for some bonuses once you hit Chapter 5.

Zenokami117

Aug 15, 2017
I actually liked the game series until they did the forced romance and then dropped it had dose the story get any better?

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
Wah, this series is still ongoing? What a blast from the past. I need to list to the OST again.

Alexa, play "Tokyo Lights" :coffee::giggle:
Tokyo Lights MEH. I roll with epic music like or :LOL:
Sui Generis starts rocking at

Last edited:

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
I'm confused, which are the first three games?
And what is the order?
I see there is sunrider academy and sunrider: Libaration day
Sunrider: Mask of Aquarius
Sunrider Academy
Sunrider: Liberation Day

by release order. By story Liberation Day follows Mask of Aquarius while Academy is a kind of "Alternate History Prequel".
You are wrong. Sunrider space series goes like this:
Sunrider: First Arrival
Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius
Sunrider: The Captain Returns

But First Arrival and Mask of Arcadius were combined into one game at some point. So now you can see only 3 games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cartageno

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
You are wrong. Sunrider space series goes like this:
Sunrider: First Arrival
Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius
Sunrider: The Captain Returns

But First Arrival and Mask of Arcadius were combined into one game at some point. So now you can see only 3 games.
Okay, it has been years, thanks for correcting me, I was just going by memory and Steam library.

Reactions: DrDerpington

LonerPrime

Apr 9, 2018
Tokyo Lights MEH. I roll with epic music like or :LOL:
Sui Generis starts rocking at
It's clear that even though we're both epic music lovers, you and I have a very different definition of what "epic" is.
That being said, to each their own and I respect your taste nonetheless.
walks away listening to

Reactions: DrDerpington

DrDerpington

Oct 6, 2017
It's clear that even though we're both epic music lovers, you and I have a very different definition of what "epic" is.
That being said, to each their own and I respect your taste nonetheless.
walks away listening to
Oh, there are different situations for each kind of music. What you have posted is nice to listen during some slow events (dinner, reading stuff, etc.) . While I posted stuff that sets the blood boiling.

Reactions: LonerPrime

AlexDark1027

Apr 8, 2018
Okay, in Sunrider Academy Sola was my favourite character, with personality development, life-threatening situation and happy ending.
But now... I officially declare that I DESPISE HER!!!!
Sola, why all your missions are connected with damn labyrinths?! :HideThePain:
Ugh, cleary Ryuuvian architectures bloodline comes from the guy, who made the design for Umbrella Corp. facilities...

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes