4.20 star(s) 22 Votes

KnighT44

Oct 5, 2017
When I click on new game on the main menu after I enter the name of the character I get a black screen where I can hear the sounds but cant see any visuals. Anyone else got this problem?

Sunrise Team

Game Developer
Jun 19, 2020
When I click on new game on the main menu after I enter the name of the character I get a black screen where I can hear the sounds but cant see any visuals. Anyone else got this problem?
It's a problem with Windows and Unity. You can try some of these solutions:

Please let us know if it works.

Vraen

May 11, 2021
I am stuck in chapter 5, when june has to text the player. I won all dream battles, what else is left to do?

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1623524560079.png

1623524591311.png
This week Sunny is working on a new background and there is a lot to do because it is our first 3D background. So, we are doing a lot of tests because if we get a viable result then a whole list of possibilities will open to us: background animation, location customization (Kyle's apartment for example), saving time for some cutscenes and future backgrounds... and much more.
You can see on the following picture a small test we did in the middle of the week. There is still some work to do because most of the elements have no texture (they are grey objects only illuminated by the different light sources). We'll show you more advanced renders next week.
1623524683943.png
It's been a long time since we had to use Unity to do this kind of stuff and we had to get some things back in mind, but based on the first tests, we are very confident. Like the 2D/3D transition of the characters, it changes a few things but it's all positive.
The Blocks arc will bring a new way to investigate. This time there is no crime scene, you will have to find clues in different places and information from the residents of the working-class district in order to succeed in the Resolution phase.
You'll have to be curious and have an eye for detail to get your hands on the right clues! By the way, did you manage to get a perfect score in the investigation "Scarlett's Disappearance"?

Reactions: James Eveleth

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1624129410255.png

1624129448868.png
A small change in the schedule this week, we couldn't progress on the background, so we focused on Ellen's transition to 3D.
As with every 3D transition, we are doing our best to be faithful to the 2D and we are taking the opportunity to correct some drawing mistakes. Ellen represents a greater challenge than the characters made in 3D until now because the volume of her breasts is quite large, and it requires more work to get a good result that is not "ridiculous".
You can see a preview of the work in progress below:
1624129458600.png
The clue gathering is progressing! After a big rework of the investigation database, it is now possible to collect clues in different locations. These clues are added to the Notes in the phone, and you can see what information you have about them.
Your information about a clue will evolve depending on what you learn while investigating, so no doubt it's a place you'll go to often, which is why we've integrated this directly into the investigation tab. You can see a preview with Scarlett's investigation:
1624129472052.png

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
View attachment 1254776

View attachment 1254780
A small change in the schedule this week, we couldn't progress on the background, so we focused on Ellen's transition to 3D.
As with every 3D transition, we are doing our best to be faithful to the 2D and we are taking the opportunity to correct some drawing mistakes. Ellen represents a greater challenge than the characters made in 3D until now because the volume of her breasts is quite large, and it requires more work to get a good result that is not "ridiculous".
You can see a preview of the work in progress below:
View attachment 1254783
The clue gathering is progressing! After a big rework of the investigation database, it is now possible to collect clues in different locations. These clues are added to the Notes in the phone, and you can see what information you have about them.
Your information about a clue will evolve depending on what you learn while investigating, so no doubt it's a place you'll go to often, which is why we've integrated this directly into the investigation tab. You can see a preview with Scarlett's investigation:
View attachment 1254794
So, um, just a quick question. I really enjoyed the game - the story was gripping, the battles and the rewind gameplay mechanic were fun and the art was more than spectacular. But what is this about transitioning to 3D?

Are only the character models going to transition? And will it be a complete switch(meaning no more 2D sprites)? What about the backgrounds and CGs?

The 2D art is a big part of the charm of Sunrise City, which is making me quite a bit skeptical towards a transition to 3D...

Reactions: Necronlord3

Sunrise Team

Game Developer
Jun 19, 2020
So, um, just a quick question. I really enjoyed the game - the story was gripping, the battles and the rewind gameplay mechanic were fun and the art was more than spectacular. But what is this about transitioning to 3D?

Are only the character models going to transition? And will it be a complete switch(meaning no more 2D sprites)? What about the backgrounds and CGs?

The 2D art is a big part of the charm of Sunrise City, which is making me quite a bit skeptical towards a transition to 3D...
Switching to 3D allows us to do some things faster to offer more content, as well as content that we are not able to do in 2D.

Since version 0.2.0 (before Scarlett's investigation), we've been gradually moving characters into 3D. This is already the case for Kyle, Clover, Scorpia, Scarlett, Blake and the A/B minions.
So if maybe you didn't realize it until now, be reassured, we will continue to make the transition by putting all our efforts to make the 3D as close as possible to the 2D.
Our 3D rendering is quite close to our 2D rendering, which currently allows us to have dialogues with 2D and 3D characters without it feeling weird.

We plan to do this for the characters and backgrounds but not for the CGs which will remain in 2D.

We hope this gives you some answers to your concerns.

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Switching to 3D allows us to do some things faster to offer more content, as well as content that we are not able to do in 2D.

Since version 0.2.0 (before Scarlett's investigation), we've been gradually moving characters into 3D. This is already the case for Kyle, Clover, Scorpia, Scarlett, Blake and the A/B minions.
So if maybe you didn't realize it until now, be reassured, we will continue to make the transition by putting all our efforts to make the 3D as close as possible to the 2D.
Our 3D rendering is quite close to our 2D rendering, which currently allows us to have dialogues with 2D and 3D characters without it feeling weird.

We plan to do this for the characters and backgrounds but not for the CGs which will remain in 2D.

We hope this gives you some answers to your concerns.
Thank you for your response!

If the quality of the current sprites is maintained(and by the looks of it, it will be) and the CG art stays in 2D, then all of my concerns have been alleviated.

Best of luck with Sunrise City! I'll keep following your progress with great interest!

Reactions: Sunrise Team

Kai-lee-Sei

Jan 12, 2019
Question, is it at all possible to save Scarlett, and if not can you at least save the other girl you find?

polakko

May 28, 2018
No it is not possible, but the choice made with the other girl will have an impact later on.
What choice?
I just say that i come for her, it's a big mistake?

Other questions:
I got smashed by the goht girl the first time, i lose her story for ever?

There is a guide or a walkthrough for this game?

Sorry for my bad english.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
What choice?

Other questions:

Sorry for my bad english.
There's the choice between telling her the truth that you came there for someone else or lying and saying you came there for her. If you lie, she doesn't believe you, freaks out and leaves. If you tell her the truth she promises to stay until you come back for her, but she's gone by the time you arrive with Scarlett.

Reactions: Sunrise Team

Sunrise Team

Game Developer
Jun 19, 2020
This is not the good answer. But you can use the replay menu and choose the other choice then save.

No, you just have to use the replay menu to restart before this event and try again, don't forget to save before quitting.

Not yet but soon, you can get help on our Discord in the meantime.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
No, you just have to use the replay menu to restart before this event and try again, don't forget to save before quitting.
I will say that menu is a life save, but I didn't know about it until someone told me about it. Might need to put it somewhere in the game that it's possible. I remember thinking I had to restart the game like 5 times before I finally found out.

Reactions: groove888

Sunrise Team

Game Developer
Jun 19, 2020
I will say that menu is a life save, but I didn't know about it until someone told me about it. Might need to put it somewhere in the game that it's possible. I remember thinking I had to restart the game like 5 times before I finally found out.
Absolutely, it's planned for the next version.

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1627153419872.png

1627153442814.png
As you can see, the progress of the version has increased suddenly, we are going to explain this.
Over the last few weeks, we realized that the amount of work felt huge, but we couldn't figure out why. After looking into it, we realized that for the new episodes we are trying to get much, much more content in the same time frame that we were taking for the first episodes, but the quality and constraints have changed.
Basically, we're putting in a lot more content but we're still trying to fit it into a time frame that's no longer viable.
For example, episode 3 (before Zoey's content was added) had 400 lines of dialogue, episode 4 has about 530, and episode 5 has over 1400 (which is why we had to split it into two parts).
One of our main goals has always been clear: to create a quality adult game with a background and a real story. This goal now leads us to make episodes that are much longer to produce, so we decided to release each new episode in two parts.
This will allow us to:
  • Have less spaced out version releases.
  • Have a good amount of content for each release (like what you saw with episode 5 parts 1 and 2).
  • Allow us to work on a reasonable amount of content so that the quality is there.
As long as there are only two of us, it's the best way to make sure that we can move forward serenely while offering you quality content.
So, for the next release, the "Ellen" episode of the Blocks arc will be split into two parts. The first part will include all the content added in episodes 1 to 5 and the second part will include the resolution of her investigation.
We thank you once again for your support and trust.
We promise you'll love the next version, especially Ellen's fans
That's it for this week. Don't forget you can join the community on . Have a great weekend and take care!
-Sunny & Zack

4.20 star(s) 22 Votes