Mod Ren'Py Sunshine Love [Ch.1 v1.00, Ch.2 v1.01i, & Ch.3 v1.01i] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Btw, what is the ipatch.rpa for? It seems to have conflicts with Universal Ren'py mod (URM).
The same thing any iPatch is for... it's an I-Patch. You can figure out what the "i" stands for. Hint: tenant/landlord

Otherwise I always, always stand by the same mixing disclaimer in every SanchoMod OP:
1703433170735.png

Reactions: TheWalkingChinko
Feb 24, 2020
I may have found an oversight/bug. For Chapter 3, the name of the MC is changed only for the title of the dialogue box, but not for the name in the dialogue box text.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I may have found an oversight/bug. For Chapter 3, the name of the MC is changed only for the title of the dialogue box, but not for the name in the dialogue box text.
At that same exact point, rollback one screen or more, change the MC name, then go forward.

Magic.

That's how RenPy works. It's always been this way and always will be. RenPy does NOT auto-refresh text of menu choices nor dialogue text in real-time (while it's currently being displayed on-screen) so to visually see any changes they must be made at least one screen BEFORE the text is displayed. That's the synopsis, I could explain deeper into why but I reckon this alone will make sense to ya. Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey, hey Sancho1969 looks like the bugfix version is finally here. Not sure if your mod needs to be update alongside of it, I assume so?

Sunshine Love [Ch. 3 v1.01i Extras] [MrDots Games]
Here are the links, a compressed version is already done by the team.
I'll check it out. From this:
Changelog:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There's going to be some minor "fixes" that the mod doesn't currently have (especially for non-incest), including any dialogue changes. Almost all the major bugs I already resolved as I reported them to the team in Dec before "final" was released. They had a very hard time understanding my instructions on proper building of the VN to resolve the "old save loading" issues but they mention that in their complete changelog... so they might have resolved it, dunno.

I'm kinda curious to see if I was credited for any of the dozens upon dozens of bug reports & associated recommended fixes I submitted... so yeah, I'll check it out.

• Hey there
Reactions: SonsOfLiberty

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (Ch3 v1.01i Extras)

Go get you some.

Links in OP are updated accordingly.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters.

Regards.

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Hi Sancho
Usually the S key is set to take a screenshot and I see it toggles your mod's stats screen here. In ch2, is the screenshot key disabled because of the mod, or is there another key set to do that?
And thanks again for your hard work. Pro work ike always

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi Sancho
Usually the S key is set to take a screenshot and I see it toggles your mod's stats screen here. In ch2, is the screenshot key disabled because of the mod, or is there another key set to do that?
And thanks again for your hard work. Pro work ike always
Good morning,

Please see #9 "HotKey 'S' Toggle" at the bottom of the FAQ post here.

Visual of this option is here:
1706702753003.png

Additional info: The setting always defaults to "S" for the Stat screen on each new playthrough. The setting is saved on a per-save basis (it's not persistent).

Reactions: ♂Brout&Minou♀

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Good morning,

Please see #9 "HotKey 'S' Toggle" at the bottom of the FAQ post here.

Visual of this option is here:
View attachment 3311655

Additional info: The setting always defaults to "S" for the Stat screen on each new playthrough. The setting is saved on a per-save basis (it's not persistent).
I haven't read of this feature, sorry. Otherwise, it's not a big deal, really, but I know you're a perfectionist, so you might want to fix a little problem here. When the interface is hidden with H key, S key doesn't work to take a screenshot

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
When the interface is hidden with H key, S key doesn't work to take a screenshot
Sadly there's nothing I can do about that, it's a RenPy thing. Hiding the "interface" negates all corresponding code associated with the interface (VN and Mod code) by the coding language design. RenPy language has rules, and having the VN (or the mod) execute code while the interface is hidden is against those rules.

• Thinking Face

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Sadly there's nothing I can do about that, it's a RenPy thing. Hiding the "interface" negates all corresponding code associated with the interface (VN and Mod code) by the coding language design. RenPy language has rules, and having the VN (or the mod) execute code while the interface is hidden is against those rules.
Hmm... I'm not sure about that. Look, I just take these screenshots a minute ago with SB Ch1 which is not modded. And all my other Ren'Py games work the same (several hundred games).
And I'm going to check but it seems to me that other modded games, with your very mod, work in the same way. Still not sure, though

With the active interface
screenshot0001.png
With hidden interface
screenshot0002.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hmm... I'm not sure about that. Look, I just take these screenshots a minute ago with SB Ch1 which is not modded. And all my other Ren'Py games work the same (several hundred games).
And I'm going to check but it seems to me that other modded games, with your very mod, work in the same way. Still not sure, though

With the active interface
View attachment 3311969
With hidden interface
View attachment 3311970
You're missing an important aspect... RenPy's "default" hotkeys work regardless of interface. It's actual VN code (or mod code, doesn't matter) that is affected by the RenPy rule. Code outside the RenPy core language is NOT executed if the interface is hidden. RenPy's core language code IS executed even if the interface is hidden. Make sense?

• Hey there
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes