kantigura

Mar 17, 2019
Are you really that stupid (we explained it a lot right now) ?
Open path allows MC to sleep with other women (and you all want to play even harem)
Open path does NOT automaticially include HER sleeping with others (even she is theoretical allowed to do)
Even more: Open path makes her to ALLOW you to sleep with other women though
Being allowed to sleep with other men does not automaticially mean that she HAS to do that

And most of al:
HAREM actually IS Open Relationship - just with one condition, that the women don't take a chance to sleep with other men on own decision/will, but they agree the man to sleep with others

Example:
You are allowed to jump out of the window of 10th floor - but will you do that?
You are able to kill someone with a knive - do you throw away all knives out of your kitchen?
You are easy killed by car accident - but you are still driving

PLEASE: start complaining when something happens - and NOT just because there is a posibility that something could happen

meaning:
Nicole probably will not automaticially sleep with others, just because she "is allowed to do"
I understand that this has been beat to death on here. I just finished the update this morning and was about 10 pages behind on the posts. My replies were made as I got to the post and not after I had finished reading all ten pages, so I had not seen the posts about there was no plan for her to sleep with others. I was only basing my observations off how the call with Nicole went in game. I also did not expect this to be a harem game. I apologize if my replies/opinion kept the conversation going or offended anyone.

Sngo

May 9, 2020
Yes - there IS a reason - if you would know the further story, you would facepalm for not seeing that possible reason/way XD. Just be patient. It's unfair to judge a story on actual knowledge, as no one of you all can know where the story is planned to go. There are plots, twists, turn arounds, and even faults some people do in their live and they regret it later.

So hopefully for a last time:
DON't judge now - WAIT what will happen - When the game is done and you still don't agree, then you might complain as much as you want
You change your opinion from some inside source even if some of that acknowledge you got was said here now by the dev it don't mean we can't say what we think because not all the choices were presented in a important time .

The game is based on choices and if their presenting such a choice like this one, they should just give us all the choices and we are just asking one very obvious choice that alot people would chose.

You said about plot twists, turn arounds and faults ok its fair but then tell me what major plot twist will be if we break up with her and in the end if we wouldn't broke up she would be just faithful, regret even thinking about the open relationship and turn out to be the master cuckqueen? Then some people would regret having broke up with her and other's still wouldn't but that is giving choices to the player's and making plot twists.

Still after all the hints she already gave its hard to believe she wouldn't sleep with other guys but if dev said she won't we can believe in him I hope But still just for her to think that shit can't blame people for being pissed and that lowered a lot our consideration for her

Reactions: EZ8lt

kantigura

Mar 17, 2019
There is still those that "I don't want her, but no one else should either because she is mine...", :ROFLMAO:
I agree when we get the option to break up with her, she should be free to live her life how she wants. If at that time MC regrets breaking up with her that is something the MC would just have to live with.

Reactions: Stylebender

rciik

Jun 5, 2017
SL plays like a true novel with superb renders and storytelling, but it lacks the aspect which I am most fond of - corruption. I don't know, but it doesn't hype me as DMD did in the beginning.

Another thing which makes me worried is the amount of extra characters. They all have their own backstory and lines - taking away precious screen time on characters I do not care about and take away from those that I rather see.

I much rather see a monthly release schedule than what we have now, because with all the characters - it is going to take many eons before we get proper action (and maybe corruption).

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
I really wish Devs would stop relying on the cliffhanger/dramatic development that won't be resolved until the next (or later) update so much. Used occasionally and strategically, it can have a beneficial effect. However, when we are looking at a real-time gap of months before we can have the tension resolved, it is absolute torture for those of us who are actually engaged with the story.

The fact is that this trope has no REAL benefit in the game because when the game is finished (May it happen speedily in our days, hallelujah, amen!), the tension will be resolved relatively quickly. In the case of a cliffhanger, quite possibly immediately with your next mouse click. If it's a game-long issue, you're still only talking about several hours.

So why do you have to torture your (essentially) beta testers? If it is possible for the dramatic tension to be resolved relatively quickly within a scene or two, please consider having the moment and resolution appear within the same update. (Either move the dramatic moment to the next update where it will be resolved, or make sure it is resolved in the current update.) In the case of a game-long mystery or long-term drama, be clear to the player base that this won't be resolved soon and there's no sense beating their heads about it.

Regarding our current situation, I don't like how it's been implemented so far. I don't think the Devs anticipated exactly how fiercely some people would react to the situation. Also, I think some more spade work could have been done to prepare the player, perhaps with some more of Nicole's inner-monologue or some more detailed conversation with Georgina. Personally, I don't get the sense that Nicole doesn't intend to use her hall-pass. The way it is presented, the MC (and the player) are completely justified in assuming that she intends to sleep around and reacting accordingly. The Devs have come here and at risk of spoiling their story told us that she won't be sleeping with other men. Okay, I'll take them at their word.

All that said, I see how the Dev team may be proceeding and what part the open relationship could play so I'm going to just try to forget about this game until the next update drops so I don't waste too much mental energy on it. If it goes how I'm thinking, I'm pretty sure the majority of us Pervs will be happy with the end result.

Now, let's chill out and enjoy the pretty pictures. Oh the pretty pictures... :love:

Reactions: kantigura

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
SL plays like a true novel with superb renders and storytelling, but it lacks the aspect which I am most fond of - corruption. I don't know, but it doesn't hype me as DMD did in the beginning.

Another thing which makes me worried is the amount of extra characters. They all have their own backstory and lines - taking away precious screen time on characters I do not care about and take away from those that I rather see.

I much rather see a monthly release schedule than what we have now, because with all the characters - it is going to take many eons before we get proper action (and maybe corruption).
typical mr. dots game ... long and drawn out ... making people savor whats coming ;)

Legendary101

Dec 22, 2018
One thing I get from this thread is the feeling you will never truly get rid of this girlfriend and she is part of the story to the bitter end. I just get that feeling from the way people who claim to be in the know are talking. Could be just a vibe I got.

Like even if you do break up with her, she somehow shows up anyway as she is needed in parts of the plot regardless and just is there in your face, by coming to the hotel and hooking up or something or we learn about her life forever through out the game even if she is back in her house. I wonder.

For instance, I just don't think it will be as simple as breaking up with her and she never shows up again. Some people I think from reading this thread would not care what she gets up to as long as they are broken up with her and never have to see her, but who thinks that will really be the case she just vanishes never to be heard from again. It could turn out you must endure watching her with someone else or hooking up regardless, and the excuse will be it is not an issue because you are no longer with her.

But the feeling I got from reading this thread is some want rid of her and never to see or hear of what she does, out of sight and out of mind.

I gave up playing this a while back due to how bad the dialogue was, just lost the will to play and never came back to finish. Saw this thread blowing up so was interested to read what was going on, I will try to focus and play through it to see what is occurring that has people buzzing and talking so much.

Last edited:

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Good update and surprise surprise the possessive folks are losing their shit over the open relationship. Even though it is 100% optional and you are completely free to do a faithful Nicole route, some people just have to throw their toys out of the pram. As for the people who are moaning about being to sleep around while not being happy that Nicole MIGHT sleep around too (even though the devs have said she won't), grow up. If both parties agree to an open relationship, both parties can do what they want. They handled it well and set down the ground rules. All of which were mutually agreed upon.

I'm really enjoying this story and did a full reread (ok, I skipped the stuff with Brodie's dad) and it is shaping up to be a great VN with empasis on the novel. Not having the saves helped but I had already planned on doing a full reread anyway so its all good. At least the donuts and peeping tom unlocks still saved.

Apr 26, 2018
I gave up playing this a while back due to how bad the dialogue was, just lost the will to play and never came back to finish. Saw this thread blowing up so was interested to read what was going on, I will try to focus and play through it to see what is occurring that has people buzzing and talking so much.
Good luck my man, you're gonna need it. The dialogue is as sleep-inducingly boring and expositiony as ever. And everyone talks with the same character voice, which is the voice of a freaking robot. It really is a darn shame, cause the setting is good and the renders are beautiful.

Maybe someone should make a mod that does nothing except cut the dialogue by about 50-70% :LOL:

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
One thing I get from this thread is the feeling you will never truly get rid of this girlfriend and she is part of the story to the bitter end. I just get that feeling from the way people who claim to be in the know are talking
true ... kinda stupid you breaking up with Nicole , just to have her back again ... doesn't make sense , if that was the case then why have them break up in the 1st place ..

It could turn out you must endure watching her with someone else or hooking up
no NTR in this game ... so this is not gonna happen

the feeling I got from reading this thread is some want rid of her and never to see or hear of what she does again, out of sight and out of mind
its funny that you bring this up ... after all it was Nicole that suggests seeing other people ... makes a person wonder why that is ...

what gets me is if you have an opinion that differs from some other people .. they want to resort to name calling and talking shit ... just for someone stating an opinion they don't like or want to hear ...

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Thank you for releasing this before Crusader Kings 3 release. That way I can marathon this because I dive into CK3.

Jokes aside, if this last release is as good as the previous ones you'll probably gain one more patron.

KyoriKusagami

Nov 10, 2017
About the whining from Nicole's suggestion, do you guys know the whole game is scripted, right? Mr. Dots can write anything he wants about Nicole, even he can transform her in a nun at the next update if he wants it, and he always makes clear about the content the game will have. So, there's no plausible reason for so much complaint.
In the game Timestamps, MC's girlfriend wants to have an open relationship too, but in the next sentence, she says she doesn't need any other man because MC is already sufficient for her. In short, it's the writer opening the possibility for the protagonist to have sex with other girls because he is already in a relationship with that girl and I think this applies in this game too.

JohnEffinDoe

Jun 11, 2017
That track Afterparty Review by Sascha Ende goes really well with the scenes with sis especially with her upbeat bubbly personality. Gotta be jamming this when the mc inevitably dogs her one day, in the mean time really liking the sexual tension going on between those two. Gotta give it to mr dots dude can create some beautiful ladies sexy and cute overloaded

Reactions: Irgendwie Irgendwo

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
One thing I get from this thread is the feeling you will never truly get rid of this girlfriend and she is part of the story to the bitter end. I just get that feeling from the way people who claim to be in the know are talking. Could be just a vibe I got.

Like even if you do break up with her, she somehow shows up anyway as she is needed in parts of the plot regardless and just is there in your face, by coming to the hotel and hooking up or something or we learn about her life forever through out the game even if she is back in her house. I wonder.

For instance, I just don't think it will be as simple as breaking up with her and she never shows up again. Some people I think from reading this thread would not care what she gets up to as long as they are broken up with her and never have to see her again, but who thinks that will really be the case she just vanishes never to be heard from again. It could turn out you must endure watching her with someone else or hooking up regardless, and the excuse will be it is not an issue because you are no longer with her.

But the feeling I got from reading this thread is some want rid of her and never to see or hear of what she does again, out of sight and out of mind.

Well she can hook up with Brody when it comes out what kind of douche he is. He basically plays the same role with the same kind of not fun drama evoking in story as Nicole after all. The worthless asshole of a BF of the sis that has never time for her cause daddy is always more important and fully willing to stab her in the back over the hotel without even contemplating her feelings (great BF material for your sis right to get happy with :p) and cause that is info we as players have and not the chars we have to endure him being around as BF of sis and whether he will or will not bed her .... Another good hookup could be that would be rapist of DMD that was brought in to add even more of that non fun drama and so called suspension ...... :p

Edit: Please do not come with the competition argument. There is no guy besides the MC in this game, that you would not feel extremely sorry for the girl in question if she ended up in a long term relationship with an asshat like that. :p

Last edited:

Moleman111

Oct 15, 2019
I didn't like that Nicole call. The outcome is shit in both cases. I wish I could make real decision and not this blurry nonsense.
I agree I think we should have had a choice to break up with her there and then as I already know she's not the one I want and don't really care if she gets with anyone else

Reactions: oysterkeeper
3.50 star(s) 270 Votes