Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
WE DID!!!
We (jeff and i) also dropped the BIG hint for a CuckQueen
We always said there would be no NTR to MC, and Y'all should just trust us.
We also said Nicole will NEVER fuck any other men
Still some idiots over here claimed to know that nicole will fuck others, just because she suggested open relationship
The possibility that the just SAID she want's an open relationship, but she is just unsure and will regret that converstaion soon, you all haven't even thought about!
It is the devs choice to drop it, he could have stuck to his guns like some other devs do and tell the story he wanted to tell but no.

Given time people would have seen the plan but the dev made the decision to change it.

Instead of showing the players what was going to happen he chose the easy way out.

That is on him.

Stylebender

Jul 11, 2020
It is the devs choice to drop it, he could have stuck to his guns like some other devs do and tell the story he wanted to tell but no.

Given time people would have seen the plan but the dev made the decision to change it.

Instead of showing the players what was going to happen he chose the easy way out.

That is on him.
It was a lose lose situation. Keep it and people complain. Drop it and people complain.

Reactions: Hyperserver

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
So they said “Nicole won’t fuck anyone else ever”. What else did y’all want them to say? I’m generally curious because it seems that people here complain about everything.
I answered that already. One page back.

tanstaafl said:
Some of us have no issues with NTR and still would have broken up with her at the first opportunity. This is on MrDots, not us.

Let me explain.

Nicole doubted the relationship from the beginning. At no point from beginning of the story until what is so far completed has she been confident in the relationship, preferring to fluctuate between loving and doubtful constantly. This presented those of us with a God's eye view of what was going on with a picture that wasn't good under any circumstances. The relationship to people who knew everything presented as fact and nothing else would see a dead relationship that would only hinder the story going forward. Add to this the fact that the devs had stated "no ntr" and what do you have left? Boring plot points stacked on boring drama.

"Trust us" and "be patient" mean nothing. It's pointless. If they had trusted the people playing their games enough to let them know what was coming, not only would it have worked out for them better than it has, they'd probably have a higher rating and a ton more players. What resulted was a shit storm that cost them players, trust, and patience.

So, let me reiterate. This is MrDots fault. Not ours.

Edit: And I almost forgot. One of the options was "Cut off all chance with anyone but Nicole. Have fun saving the hotel!" What the fuck is that? Seriously?

Siphon

Aug 18, 2016
So they said “Nicole won’t fuck anyone else ever”. What else did y’all want them to say? I’m generally curious because it seems that people here complain about everything.
Is there a post from the actual developer that says that?

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Well - we told the players to trust and be patient. But the ongoing shitstorm made MrDots to drop that experimental path.
Personally i also likely would have seen the CuckQueen path, as i have never seen it in any VN.
Unfortunately players just want to rage and see NTR chances and they are blind for all other possibilities.

On the one side they complain that everything is vanilla and they have seen everything in some kind for 1000 times, on the other side they fear something new instead of just trust a developer if he says something.
Eh, partly my own damn fault. I wanted to post saying I liked the existing options since the GF really wasn't at all interesting to me to start with, and I didn't care if she was made the town cumslut.

Umm.. maybe if enough people bitch that they want it put back (or just LEFT AS IS, NO WORK THAT WAY) it can be rethought?

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
It was a lose lose situation. Keep it and people complain. Drop it and people complain.
Sooner or later those complaints would have stopped but pandering every time there is a fuss isn't going to get them anywhere.

It certainly doesn't inspire confidence in their story going forward if they are willing to drop an entire angle that easily.

Is there a post from the actual developer that says that?
Yes, a page or two back the dev said she wouldn't have gone with any other men.

Stylebender

Jul 11, 2020
Sooner or later those complaints would have stopped but pandering every time there is a fuss isn't going to get them anywhere.

It certainly doesn't inspire confidence in their story going forward if they are willing to drop an entire angle that easily.

Yes, a page or two back the dev said she wouldn't have gone with any other men.
It is what it is at this point tbh. People will play if they want to and if not oh well

DickoNicko

May 7, 2019
What else could we do as clearly say "There will be NO NTR, and nicole will NOT fuck other men"?
Again; reading comments, to some people "not NTR" may include just not seeing it while it happens, which was weird to me, but it explains the dislike towards the events. About the second part, I never read the "she wont fuck others" so I can't make an opinion if what I didn't see. Plus some Devs like to mess with players. I guess they saw that open relationship and thought, oh hell no! Because everything in it, pointed out a potential cuck MC. Even when there was a good ending planned for that path, most people won't like to make cuck-like moves in a game that aren't presented as NTR from the start. The way they addressed that call was a bad move IMHO.

Reactions: cib64

Stylebender

Jul 11, 2020
Then that's on the people who kept complaining after it was stated.
Yeah that was my whole point. It was stated multiple times and the dev said she won’t fuck anyone and you still had people saying “I think she’s gonna fuck other men”

Siphon

Aug 18, 2016
Look, Nicole from the beginning Nicole seems a dissatisfied and bad girlfriend, it is never our fault that we distrust her, that is the image she projects.
That's also a good point. The writing didn't really suggest anything aside from her being unsatisfied because she was tired of the relationship. Laying the groundwork for her feelings might have helped eliminate the anger.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
Yeah that was my whole point. It was stated multiple times and the dev said she won’t fuck anyone and you still had people saying “I think she’s gonna fuck other men”
Good lord, stop ignoring what half the people here are saying. You are laser focused on that one bit and it has nothing to do with fully half the complaints about what is going on.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
My point is y’all complain no matter what they do. It’s like telling a 5 year old he can’t have candy. Everyone here throws a tantrum lol.
And as I stated, people like me had no complaints about the original two choice or the break up part. The part that got me pissy was when it became apparent that devs and people associated with them blame players for their choices. There was zero percent chance that the story progressed to this point as it had without complaints. You could have a blind poll on the general board with just a few of the plot points and you'd get the same response there without ever mentioning this game directly. So they should have just toughed it out and got to their original story.

This is MrDots crews fault, not the players.

DickoNicko

May 7, 2019
More than likely they will probably throw in a reconciliation option towards the end of the game that has an option or two. This was actually a pretty smart move, it has the same effect as the open relationship overall with the added benefit of not having to render a ton of pointless video calls with Nicole for the interim.

Edit: This is good for us too. For those of us who wanted to break up with her we will probably be able to reject her again and for others they may possibly get that threesome.
if they want to, the cuck queen is still an option, but instead of Nicole's going "tell me more MC" it could be a "take me back MC" thing. :unsure:

3.50 star(s) 270 Votes