Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
best to report bugs/issues on our discord, as the devs rather read over there than over here
(y)
(based on previous shitstorms and senseless discussions, they mostly ignore f95 since then)
Sorry to hear that. Can't blame them though. Too many people around who can't or don't want to have a civilized discussion with constructive arguments. Well, maybe I'll pop into the discord one day to say hello.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
(y)

Sorry to hear that. Can't blame them though. Too many people around who can't or don't want to have a civilized discussion with constructive arguments. Well, maybe I'll pop into the discord one day to say hello.
I also think some of it stems from the idea of people trying to dictate how the game should be when they have no stake in it. Like if you're a patreon then sure, state your case but so many others aren't but seem to think their opinion is gospel

Reactions: Irgendwie Irgendwo

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I also think some of it stems from the idea of people trying to dictate how the game should be when they have no stake in it. Like if you're a patreon then sure, state your case but so many others aren't but seem to think their opinion is gospel
They haven't really been here for a long time, well before this came out. And when one of them did pop in to try to defend the open relationship saga they certainly did themselves no favours. They stay away from here mainly (imo) because they don't like to receive justified criticism and think everything they do is beyond reproach and perfect.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
They haven't really been here for a long time, well before this came out. And when one of them did pop in to try to defend the open relationship saga they certainly did themselves no favours. They stay away from here mainly (imo) because they don't like to receive justified criticism and think everything they do is beyond reproach and perfect.
I would say it's also because unlike their discord they don't have any power here and can't just ban people that argue or criticise them. I said it when the open relationship shit was happening and I will say it again this site is a nice scapegoat for them to point at and blame when people ask them why they caved.

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
I said it when the open relationship shit was happening and
I haven't reached that point in the story yet, but fron what I've read, Nicole is proposing an open relationship at the end of the current update, yes?
people ask them why they caved
Would you mind summarizing that for me? Don't want to rock the boat, I'm just really curious now. :)

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I haven't reached that point in the story yet, but fron what I've read, Nicole is proposing an open relationship at the end of the current update, yes?
Would you mind summarizing that for me? Don't want to rock the boat, I'm just really curious now. :)
Yes...and it is from nowhere, out of the blue...due to her sister, cos she a whiny cow...not based in any logic and oh...and dev says she will refuse to take advantage of said open relationship....so why bother with it? I think they were going cuckqueen route with her and got scared...changed it to open relationship (which makes no godamn sense in context of the story), everyone erupted...someone involved in VN tried to defend it (very, very badly here)....is now going to be changed to break up instead in the next update....

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Yes...and it is from nowhere, out of the blue...due to her sister, cos she a whiny cow...not based in any logic and oh...and dev says she will refuse to take advantage of said open relationship....so why bother with it? I think they were going cuckqueen route with her and got scared...changed it to open relationship (which makes no godamn sense in context of the story), everyone erupted...someone involved in VN tried to defend it (very, very badly here)....is now going to be changed to break up instead in the next update....
Thanks! (y)

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Also you forgot to mention that one of the devs started trolling users in the thread and the discord admin(hyperserver) started bitching and blaming the users of this site for the change which understandably didn't help their case at all.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
If you want the full picture...go back to about page 140 or so....wasn't pretty lol. I am biased (in my explanation) as had high hopes for this compared to the utterly terrible DmD and while Melody was better, still wasn't that great...this started out fanatstic imo....but the whole Nicole things really is ridiculous.

Also you forgot to mention that one of the devs started trolling users in the thread and the discord admin(hyperserver) started bitching and blaming the users of this site for the change which understandably didn't help their case at all.
Haha indeed...didn't know about Disco though..lol..

Reactions: MrFriendly

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020
Why girlfriend video call have only two options? Either Faithful or agree to open relationship. Where is the break-up option? I think many here don't want to see her face at all lol.. I gladly take that option & enjoy with rest of the girls without any worries.

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
just to mention again for those who are pretty new in that game and havent read the previous shit talk:

The current ending is off table. We wanted to go cuckqueen (out of the open relationship).
Then there were several complaints because people demanded to break up with her completely, and that's what MrDots agreed to finally.
Next update you will break up with her completely and there probably will be no cuckqueen route (unfortunately imho)

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I never heard the term cuckqueen before. Does it mean Nicole would have consentent to, encouraged and enjoyed MC having sex with other people? Doesn't sound too bad to me. But what's done is done. Thanks for the infos everybody. :)
Exactly this yes, especially watching also.

Reactions: Grimtown

Mpkstroff

Sep 16, 2017
Yeah, this is sad.. I mean, the fact that the dev is kinda making the story on the go; if the girlfriend was important to the story, he would keep it.
I prefer to play an original game with one unique vision, that one democraticly made by the comunity.. (in my opinion) :confused: .

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I never heard the term cuckqueen before. Does it mean Nicole would have consentent to, encouraged and enjoyed MC having sex with other people? Doesn't sound too bad to me. But what's done is done. Thanks for the infos everybody. :)
Also it was confirmed already by the team, that the whole cucquean route had already been shot down before the ruckus about the open relationship started and even already before that question was put in the game. It was the idea of one person on the team and not supported by rest for their own reasons that I do not know, since I am not on the discord, but there was a post from the discord shown here in the forum about it.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Also it was confirmed already by the team, that the whole cucquean route had already been shot down before the ruckus about the open relationship started and even already before that question was put in the game. It was the idea of one person on the team and not supported by rest for their own reasons that I do not know, since I am not on the discord, but there was a post from the discord shown here in the forum about it.
Yeah I don't personally buy that, given what was being said in here. I think that's deflection from Dots and nothing else. I know I'm not the biggest fan of his writing style, or first game but if the open relationship was genuinly supposed to happen, then his writing is even worse than I originally thought.

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020
May be Nicole fans aren't agreed to make her into a cuck. So, no Cuckquean route. While non-nicole fans aren't interested in her anyway. So, yes to break up route. As I said in my above comment, break up is the best choice than open relationship.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah I don't personally buy that, given what was being said in here. I think that's deflection from Dots and nothing else. I know I'm not the biggest fan of his writing style, or first game but if the open relationship was genuinly supposed to happen, then his writing is even worse than I originally thought.
Well you know my theory, that for whatever reason they wanted to make Nicole more important as an anchor and ex the MC had to get loose from after episode 1 and might not have thought well through that, leaving us with what happened in episode 3.

3.50 star(s) 270 Votes