Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I know how women think and they really are easy to read once you understand them I've been married twice widowed once in my lifetime and I will say it's one thing to catch and bed them, it's another to catch and wed them.
*can't...type...laughing...too...much.....hahahahaha*

Wait, what? It's be faithful or break up?
Yeah, that seems to have been the choice the team made, unless they changed their mind where are no indications for at the moment.
This will be implemented in the next update yes. Open relationship being removed for break up.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Somehow I thought it was gonna be break up or open (not really relationship).
Well for some reason despite the way they have set her up in episode 1 and she does not really fits the setup for the game the team thinks she makes a great love interest. Who knows maybe they will convince most players by end game. For the moment I have my doubts for myself. On other hand I have said it before, basically if they want it they can do everything they want to do with Nicole after breakup as they could do in an open relationship, with as advantage MC is now at least really free for other girls instead of already in a relation still.

So in a way open and break off would give less different options as faithful or free.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Well for some reason despite the way they have set her up in episode 1 and she does not really fits the setup for the game the team thinks she makes a great love interest. Who knows maybe they will convince most players by end game. For the moment I have my doubts for myself. On other hand I have said it before, basically if they want it they can do everything they want to do with Nicole after breakup as they could do in an open relationship, with as advantage MC is now at least really free for other girls instead of already in a relation still.

So in a way open and break off would give less different options as faithful or free.
Yeah, we shall have to wait and see after 40 updates or however long this game will be...

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018

Good points. I just want to break up with her so I'm good either way. Nicole needs a more decisive type.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I thought Nicole was being set up as the "past" and once the MC settled down a bit at the hotel they would break up when he realized how much control of his life he'd given up to her. She steered him toward a law degree, helped him get through school, they moved in together (most likely because she told him it just made sense), etc. The whole "hometown always has rainy weather" and the hotel always has sunny weather seemed like a perfect metaphor for the past and future nonsense. Nicole dressed in grey clothes, sister dressed in bright clothes, etc.
That is a great way to look at the symbolism.
Seemed natural. I may be wrong but at the beginning (and perhaps still?) Nicole wasn't even listed as a love interest in the game (I am probably misremembering though). In addition the entire idea of an open relationship where Nicole just sits at home and does nothing but the MC fucks every woman he wants, and, if she was somehow meant to be a "cuckqueen" watches (via the tablet?) and gets off on it felt ridiculous.
Yeah, I noticed that she did not have any active relationship points.
Of course she wanted something to spice up their relationship. This is just basic psychology; Nicole is an Alpha personality and she wants her way. In the beginning it was amusing to her to mold the MC into her ideal mate. The problem is the woman soon gets tired of this as she perceives the MC as just another child that she needs to take care of. Like or hate her it's just the fact's.

Now With the MC in another environment and is not being dominated by Nicole, he can come into his own (you see flaws in MrDots writing in respect to Nicole I see it as purely natural in nature). With the Idea of an open relationship she is looking for something but she can't figure it out. Georgina was able to sense hence the suggestion to open the relationship. She needs someone who will take charge and be willing to assert dominance as all women crave (if they are being honest with themselves) and Georgina knows her sister.
*can't...type...laughing...too...much.....hahahahaha*
I've heard this kind of perspective in the Kink community, mainly from people who looking to live a "Gorean Lifestyle" based upon the Gor books by John Norman. Ayan Rand seemed to imply this as a universal as well. Atlas Shrugged had a powerful woman who went completely submissive when she found a man she perceived as stronger then her. :rolleyes: I've also seen such claims as a red flag when it comes from a Dom looking for female subs.

Also, MrFriendly seems to have a rather limited understanding of open relationships and the diversity of forms as well as the reasons people adopt such perspectives. I've been polyamorous since 1981, so I've seen many variations. Enough to know I'm not an expert.

• Haha
Reactions: MrFriendly

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
I suspect that most people assumed that with the back story and the way the open relationship was proposed, Nicole would have sex with someone else. Some people will be fine with this, and others will not.
My issue is (before the upcoming change), you either had to accept an open relationship with no notice, discussion or understanding of what she wanted / expected or you had to remain faithful (and hope she did). I have never been in an open relationship, but assume that they come about due to an agreement between both partners (including any rules) and not an ultimatum.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I suspect that most people assumed that with the back story and the way the open relationship was proposed, Nicole would have sex with someone else. Some people will be fine with this, and others will not.
My issue is (before the upcoming change), you either had to accept an open relationship with no notice, discussion or understanding of what she wanted / expected or you had to remain faithful (and hope she did). I have never been in an open relationship, but assume that they come about due to an agreement between both partners (including any rules) and not an ultimatum.
Very true. At least if they are to have a chance of working out.

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
Honestly, I would like to see the end of Nicole in the next episode or two and hope that's where the story is going with the open relationship angle the mechanism Mr. Dots uses to get her out of MC's life and the story. FIN.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Honestly, I would like to see the end of Nicole in the next episode or two and hope that's where the story is going with the open relationship angle the mechanism Mr. Dots uses to get her out of MC's life and the story. FIN.
Where have you been for the last few months?

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
Open relationship is closed. Break up or stay faithful.

Reactions: Reese286

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Please do keep up.

There is no open-relationshuip angle. Has been scrapped, next update will be changed to break up.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
People just react to what they saw in game, not everyone keeps up in forums.:)
True. It's just frustrating to sit through months of the shitstorm, only to have people bringing the issue up again. We have the same thing in Long Live the Princess about Belle having change their game to comply with Patreon rules.

• Sad
Reactions: Oghmios1337

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
True. It's just frustrating to sit through months of the shitstorm, only to have people bringing the issue up again. We have the same thing in Long Live the Princess about Belle having change their game to comply with Patreon rules.
Or Azel in WVM, yeah I get it is annoying, but it is also to be expected and normal that someone that is newer to it does react and has not read weeks back.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Or Azel in WVM, yeah I get it is annoying, but it is also to be expected and normal that someone that is newer to it does react and has not read weeks back.
Yup, the Azel one annoys me because it happens almost every other post when a new update comes out. Which is why I added something to my signature.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yup, the Azel one annoys me because it happens almost every other post when a new update comes out. Which is why I added something to my signature.
And a nice add it is, even if we do not always agree about content in games. :p

3.50 star(s) 270 Votes