Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Well you know my theory, that for whatever reason they wanted to make Nicole more important as an anchor and ex the MC had to get loose from after episode 1 and might not have thought well through that, leaving us with what happened in episode 3.
Yeah I also somewhat agree with that. I also think she was supposed to be a lot more important but were surprised at how many people actually couldn't care less about her lol. I still believe there's planty o' unintended script changes going on given the general feedback.

I'd have also personally loved the CQ route too if it was logically implemented....would have made her character far more interesting, deep and likeable. But that's me lol.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah I also somewhat agree with that. I also think she was supposed to be a lot more important but were surprised at how many people actually couldn't care less about her lol. I still believe there's planty o' unintended script changes going on given the general feedback.

I'd have also personally loved the CQ route too if it was logically implemented....would have made her character far more interesting, deep and likeable. But that's me lol.
That is the other option yeah, that they overdid making her unlikable for many in episode 1 and somehow noticed that too late to make a few early adjustments to her.

Reactions: Dragon59

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
that they overdid making her unlikable for many in episode 1
That is actually what happened to me, too. She came across as materialistic and more interested in MC's status than himself to the point where she faked the orgasm. I had zero emotional connection to her when MC went to his sister. I hadn't thought much about it until now, but since it was just the other day I remember it clearly. She felt more like a burden to MC. Not beyond redemption, but as I said, not a character I was in any way attached to.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Hyperserver were auntie and mommy routes combined on 0.03 since my save from 0.02 with mommy chosen as winner didn't load and auntie as winner did.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
That is the other option yeah, that they overdid making her unlikable for many in episode 1 and somehow noticed that too late to make a few early adjustments to her.
That would make sense. They seemed to set her up incredibly well as a throwaway character once the MC moved to the beach so it seems most players treated her as such. Which was why everyone seemed confused when she hung about.

I understand an Agile manner of development means you can be hard and fast with what you release but what was dished out seemed...... off. You can be agile in how you release updates but the overall story needs to be kinda set in stone. The tempo change with Nicole from episode 1 to now is crazy and it would actually make sense from a story point of view to simply go back and have them break up properly before he leaves. Sure you loose a scene or two and may need to reword a few more but the story would then flow better.

To have the story go from long distance relationship, to really not really open relationship to breakup in subsequent releases kind gives off the air that there's no one actually driving.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
I have tried ignoring most of the crap I have been reading and avoiding this forum. The reason being it seems a bunch of people do not actually understand.
#1 How open relationships work. (Trust and Honesty = No NTR)
#2 What is actually NTR... (Not even in the game at any point)
Instead you just plain write a LI off.
#3 Now one LI is being trashed and talk of a harem route in the Fact posted on the game in the discord.
So with the above stated the game is already messed up right from the start. People can not say well that just adds a extra path and more work.. Well If a Harem path is already in the works she (Nicole) can easily be brought into said harem. Myself and a few others talked about this in another discord and all agree being forced to end the relationship with Nicole was the wrong way to go and all because people that have no clue what they are talking about pressured the dev into it. It is sad to see how foolish decisions are made and can ruin some games before they even get really going. I am not saying this game is totally ruined but this choice is totally wrong and should not be forced with the open relationship path.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I have tried ignoring most of the crap I have been reading and avoiding this forum. The reason being it seems a bunch of people do not actually understand.
#3 Now one LI is being trashed and talk of a harem route in the Fact posted on the game in the discord.
So with the above stated the game is already messed up right from the start. People can not say well that just adds a extra path and more work.. Well If a Harem path is already in the works she (Nicole) can easily be brought into said harem. Myself and a few others talked about this in another discord and all agree being forced to end the relationship with Nicole was the wrong way to go and all because people that have no clue what they are talking about pressured the dev into it. It is sad to see how foolish decisions are made and can ruin some games before they even get really going. I am not saying this game is totally ruined but this choice is totally wrong and should not be forced with the open relationship path.
What the feck are you on about?

Nothing to do with NTR...everything to do with it makes no bloody sense in any logical context. That, and we just don't like her controlling, domineering and berating nature and we'd like a MC that isn't under her thumb.

How is that so hard to understand and did it really need bringing up again?

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
What the feck are you on about?

Nothing to do with NTR...everything to do with it makes no bloody sense in any logical context. That, and we just don't like her controlling, domineering and berating nature and we'd like a MC that isn't under her thumb.

How is that so hard to understand and did it really need bringing up again?
It is just easier for him to blame other players for giving their opinion about something they did not like that interferes with something he wanted instead of blaming right persons, the devs. Last ones are in the end always the ones who take the decision on what is in or not in the game, not players even if those last complain the devs can always decide not to listen. If they do it is either since way too many players to their liking disagreed with their intentions or they somehow agree with it.

Reactions: Maviarab

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
just to mention again for those who are pretty new in that game and havent read the previous shit talk:

The current ending is off table. We wanted to go cuckqueen (out of the open relationship).
Then there were several complaints because people demanded to break up with her completely, and that's what MrDots agreed to finally.
Next update you will break up with her completely and there probably will be no cuckqueen route (unfortunately imho)
Man ppl complain about the dumbest things. I think they forget this isn't real and they're approaching it like its real life.
Nicole is cute but hardley one of my favorites....but still. I think mr dots should have just kept things as they were.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
That would make sense. They seemed to set her up incredibly well as a throwaway character once the MC moved to the beach so it seems most players treated her as such. Which was why everyone seemed confused when she hung about.
The fact that she didn't have relationship points sure made her look like a past relationship.

I definitely know the feeling. I initially thought, "Wow! MrDots is going to try to address open relationships (polyamory?) in the game? Neat!"

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
The fact that she didn't have relationship points sure made her look like a past relationship.

I definitely know the feeling. I initially thought, "Wow! MrDots is going to try to address open relationships (polyamory?) in the game? Neat!"
If he doesnt lay down the foundation and stick to the known fact sheet this game will turn into another DmD fest with everyone bickering over what the MC does and with whom. Hell even DmD could easily be turned into a harem with the only exception possibly being Olivia though I dont know why but i get the vibe Gram (sp) could possibly be sick in the end leaving Olivia open to join a end game harem. I just hope MrDots follows through and does the right thing with the game this time around.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
If he doesnt lay down the foundation and stick to the known fact sheet this game will turn into another DmD fest with everyone bickering over what the MC does and with whom. Hell even DmD could easily be turned into a harem with the only exception possibly being Olivia though I dont know why but i get the vibe Gram (sp) could possibly be sick in the end leaving Olivia open to join a end game harem. I just hope MrDots follows through and does the right thing with the game this time around.
Actually if you had read our point was either that Nicole and game had been set up wrong or that actually her role had likely changed at request of some (in or outside of the team) after episode 1 came out, since her later role just did not fit with what happened in chapter 1. :p We were also wondering a bit maybe why team had not picked up on earlier that she was quite not liked as a character for that relation by many after episode 1 if she was intended as a main LI.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Actually if you had read our point was either that Nicole and game had been set up wrong or that actually her role had likely changed at request of some (in or outside of the team) after episode 1 came out, since her later role just did not fit with what happened in chapter 1. :p We were also wondering a bit maybe why team had not picked up on earlier that she was quite not liked as a character for that relation by many after episode 1 if she was intended as a main LI.
I thought Nicole was being set up as the "past" and once the MC settled down a bit at the hotel they would break up when he realized how much control of his life he'd given up to her. She steered him toward a law degree, helped him get through school, they moved in together (most likely because she told him it just made sense), etc. The whole "hometown always has rainy weather" and the hotel always has sunny weather seemed like a perfect metaphor for the past and future nonsense. Nicole dressed in grey clothes, sister dressed in bright clothes, etc.

Seemed natural. I may be wrong but at the beginning (and perhaps still?) Nicole wasn't even listed as a love interest in the game (I am probably misremembering though). In addition the entire idea of an open relationship where Nicole just sits at home and does nothing but the MC fucks every woman he wants, and, if she was somehow meant to be a "cuckqueen" watches (via the tablet?) and gets off on it felt ridiculous.

My main reason for not liking Nicole was because she seemed bored of sex with the MC, faked her orgasm, when the idea of a threesome came up she immediately thought of adding another man to the mix, and she didn't seem happy about life with the MC. And then when the open relationship idea was broached, with those points in mind, it isn't that unreasonable to think she wants to have sex with someone. Especially when she, in that episode, seems to be thinking about someone when she gets a call.

Regardless, I really wish the developer had written this out and didn't react to the audience. If people don't like the story you are telling they can go find another story to play. Now we have a situation where the MC has been at the hotel for a very short time and he goes from living with a long term girlfriend, to long distance relationship, to "he has a hall pass to fuck all the women he meets", to he is an asshole and breaks up with her (I'd be surprised if they have Nicole break up with him).

Mpkstroff

Sep 16, 2017
I thought Nicole was being set up as the "past" and once the MC settled down a bit at the hotel they would break up when he realized how much control of his life he'd given up to her. She steered him toward a law degree, helped him get through school, they moved in together (most likely because she told him it just made sense), etc. The whole "hometown always has rainy weather" and the hotel always has sunny weather seemed like a perfect metaphor for the past and future nonsense. Nicole dressed in grey clothes, sister dressed in bright clothes, etc.

Seemed natural. I may be wrong but at the beginning (and perhaps still?) Nicole wasn't even listed as a love interest in the game (I am probably misremembering though). In addition the entire idea of an open relationship where Nicole just sits at home and does nothing but the MC fucks every woman he wants, and, if she was somehow meant to be a "cuckqueen" watches (via the tablet?) and gets off on it felt ridiculous.

My main reason for not liking Nicole was because she seemed bored of sex with the MC, faked her orgasm, when the idea of a threesome came up she immediately thought of adding another man to the mix, and she didn't seem happy about life with the MC. And then when the open relationship idea was broached, with those points in mind, it isn't that unreasonable to think she wants to have sex with someone. Especially when she, in that episode, seems to be thinking about someone when she gets a call.

Regardless, I really wish the developer had written this out and didn't react to the audience. If people don't like the story you are telling they can go find another story to play. Now we have a situation where the MC has been at the hotel for a very short time and he goes from living with a long term girlfriend, to long distance relationship, to "he has a hall pass to fuck all the women he meets", to he is an asshole and breaks up with her (I'd be surprised if they have Nicole break up with him).
You just post my thought, but with (really) better english. Thank you. :)

Reactions: MrFriendly

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019

Of course she wanted something to spice up their relationship. This is just basic psychology; Nicole is an Alpha personality and she wants her way. In the beginning it was amusing to her to mold the MC into her ideal mate. The problem is the woman soon gets tired of this as she perceives the MC as just another child that she needs to take care of. Like or hate her it's just the fact's.

Now With the MC in another environment and is not being dominated by Nicole, he can come into his own (you see flaws in MrDots writing in respect to Nicole I see it as purely natural in nature). With the Idea of an open relationship she is looking for something but she can't figure it out. Georgina was able to sense hence the suggestion to open the relationship. She needs someone who will take charge and be willing to assert dominance as all women crave (if they are being honest with themselves) and Georgina knows her sister.

The MC now has to become the protector of his half sister from predators that have made themselves known, and as the story progresses will need to stand against the world so to speak to keep her dream alive. This is the impetus that will change the MC's character and allow him to be the assertive man that Nicole was craving for in the first place. She will be drawn back into his sphere of influence by the perceived change in his demeanor.

I can see that the MC will be able to mold Nicole to his will by the end of this story whether you chose to keep or reject her. I see Nicole possibly even working with the MC in the end. I don't see the cameo of Georgina as a one off. I see her as a mentor as such to help Nicole to be that voice of reason and guide her back to the MC capable of accepting her role in an expanded family setting HAR HAR HAR.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
I see the same thing hence why i think its stupid to be forced to break it off with her in the open relationship route.

3.50 star(s) 270 Votes