Rocc46

Sep 1, 2020
Hm i don't know when u started with DMD & Melody, but in both games the main LI took ages until things made real progress, especialy for DMD ... (i think in Melody about half the game, in DMD nearly 2/3 of it)
As for the sister's mom/aunt they both seem more like predators and come around.

As for my opinion on the 3 games i wholeheartedly agree with MRFriendly
I actually liked chapter 1 and majority of the chapter 2 of the DMD, nothing special but it was good for what it was but now I completely lost interest. It's just the same thing over and over again and last time I played, the game was going in a direction that's just not appealing to me with all the different "things" (I really don't want to spark a debate on that topic so let's just call it things) being implemented. I thought it was supposed to be like a 1 on 1 love story but like I said, in my opinion, it started taking a different direction and it's just dragging on.

I never really "got" into Melody, I tried twice and both times I just turned it off after like 30 minutes. I am not really sure why but it's just not for me.

This game is a mixed bag so far. There are things I like but there are also some MAJOR things that I dislike. The way this whole gf situation is being handled, most of the girls are nothing special, especially the sister and the gf which I straight up don't like, the MCs behavior is "unusual" and the dialogue is just weird sometimes. So I'll see where this goes but so far, it's JUST ok.

Last edited:

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Another for the derail the trash that DMD is. Utterly awful. Melody...is....better...but ugghh...why do I keep torturing myself with certain devs? Was hoping this was going to be the one but you should all know my thoughts on it by now with the whole Nicole fiasco, nipple covers crap (is this an adult game or not after all?) and the overall generall direction. Really hope they get the next release right or this will be another I forget about and add to my 'why am I wasting time on this' cull.
I liked Melody to a point and that was too many endings and forced choices. I played it three times and said to hell with it. DMD I liked and was going to support but then it started down the rabbit hole. I didnt mind the slow grind but the last 2 updates it started going down hill and the very last one ruined the entire game with the forced choice that didnt matter what you choose then the whole bullshit orgy that was straight out of backroom casting couch and ruined my image of the game. i say this because it would not have happened with he models at any legitimate contest. As for Sunshine I loved the start but like you said the bullshit with Nicole and yet another forced choice is putting this game on the same path as the trash that DMD ended up as. who ever dots started working with to write his games needs a new job. When you have a game with harem in the faq sheet list starting off by forcing the end of a relationship for stupid reason because the writers cant write starts the fall into the rabbit hole and it was only the second update..... I know what we say here also means shit as i was told our opinions do not matter because we do not support the game on a pirate site... I left their discord because the moderator was a dickhead and I also love how deceitful his description of this game is on patreon with one simple line. oh well its all about the money. The more someone pays him the more he will write it their way and not give a damn what fans of his game think.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
My biggest issue with mrdots's games is who he decides is main LI is not who I want as main LI. I have very little interest in MC's sister.
I would say that is my main issue with almost any game dev, and mrdot here is even ok...
Take for example mrjet(BaRS), where imo hottest women in the game are not LI, or Az(Halway house) with only one LI etc.
For now an exception is Cheeky (WTHI), yet we shall see there yet:p

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
I would say that is my main issue with almost any game dev
You're not wrong. :) I wonder if it's deliberate or if my taste in women is wrong.
Take for example mrjet(BaRS), where imo hottest women in the game are not LI, or Az(Halway house) with only one LI etc.
I haven't played these I think, what's BaRS?
You're not wrong. :) I like most of the women there, so it's an outlier. 6-7 I wouldn't mind ending up with, but NOT AT THE SAME TIME obviously (in case Avaron swings by this thread). :D

• Haha
Reactions: Abhai

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
You're not wrong. :) I wonder if it's deliberate or if my taste in women is wrong.

I haven't played these I think, what's BaRS?

You're not wrong. :) I like most of the women there, so it's an outlier. 6-7 I wouldn't mind ending up with, but NOT AT THE SAME TIME obviously (in case Avaron swings by this thread). :D
WTF os wrong with you man? *slaps freedom*...Go play Become a Rock Star right now!

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
My biggest issue with mrdots's games is who he decides is main LI is not who I want as main LI. I have very little interest in MC's sister.
Yeah, I agree with you. I liked Melody but I would rather have had a better ending with the redhead neighbor girl or the aunt (don't remember names at this point). In DMD I liked the office co-worker/model/Nicole's sister (this time I can't bother to remember her name). And in Sunshine Love I like Victoria or the masseuse (I'll be honest I am terrible with names) but they aren't going to be deeply explored characters with a lot of development.

I would say that is my main issue with almost any game dev, and mrdot here is even ok...
With MrJets I want a lot more of redheaded neighbor girl as it feels like the bandmates are all the content we get. I don't give a damn about the whole debate surrounding "that character", tired of it really.

I stopped playing Halfway House as the developer doesn't give the player any choice as to who they fuck or end up with in the end.

At least with Cheeky the MC can fuck nearly every woman he meets, even if the MC won't end up with some of them at the end. And there is a central plot that is intriguing unlike MrJets and Az.

I really hope that Sunshine Love gets better because right now it feels like they stumble from one bad decision to another in terms of plot and implementation. Still have great renders and I am curious to see how things go but I am not as excited for this game as I was initially.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
ecome ock tar, you can fill up missing letters by yourself. i think abhai refers to mc's sister on that game.
Julia is one of those, yep, yet there are Rosa, Emma, Nicole...Apart from Jane, i would choose any of them prior to other LI there.Yet, thats all OT (on topic:p).
I stopped playing Halfway House as the developer doesn't give the player any choice as to who they fuck or end up with in the end.
Regarding HH, hmm, as for now there is not any fuck yet, so cant really discuss choices there, as for LI, yep, there should be only one, though we shall see how it will go with fucking around/varios girls apart Emily there:p

The main thing i dont like with SL is it being just a second game for the dev...I hope his "first" game will be finished soon, so he will focus more on this one.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Julia is one of those, yep, yet there are Rosa, Emma, Nicole...Apart from Jane, i would choose any of them prior to other LI there.Yet, thats all OT (on topic:p).

Regarding HH, hmm, as for now there is not any fuck yet, so cant really discuss choices there, as for LI, yep, there should be only one, though we shall see how it will go with fucking around/varios girls apart Emily there:p

The main thing i dont like with SL is it being just a second game for the dev...I hope his "first" game will be finished soon, so he will focus more on this one.
HH there are sexual acts, the MC may not have vaginal sex but handjobs and blowjobs still count and the MC doesn't have a choice in those situations (unless that's changed or I'm misremembering). Regardless the fact that the MC will end up with the most boring/vanilla character and it is inevitable with no choice being given to the player makes it pointless for me to play it. At minimum I want to be able to choose who the MC does things with and ends up with... HH won't allow the player to choose anyone besides Emily.

SL I am hoping will allow the player some choice, even if the sister gets the most development, in terms of the final LI. If it turns out we end up with the sister as the only option and the rest as "side girls" then I will be done with MrDots games. It's one thing when the game is named for the LI (Melody or even DMD) but if the game is presented as an "ensemble" but the MC is expected to be with only one character I will be disappointed.

And I agree, I really am tired of the developers who make two games and one gets a lot less attention. With SL versus DMD it really feels like DMD is continuing because it is so popular and not because there is any real story left to tell.

Reactions: Abhai

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
both get same attention and dmd finishes next year (few months) and then after sl gets update they start making new game.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I feel u man, in nearly every game with pre existing relations or forced main LI, i have no interest in them or outright dislike them :cautious:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As for Sunshine Love...not really sure yet, but no interest in Nicole, sister, her mother and aunt

I actually liked chapter 1 and majority of the chapter 2 of the DMD, nothing special but it was good for what it was but now I completely lost interest. It's just the same thing over and over again and last time I played, the game was going in a direction that's just not appealing to me with all the different "things" (I really don't want to spark a debate on that topic so let's just call it things) being implemented. I thought it was supposed to be like a 1 on 1 love story but like I said, in my opinion, it started taking a different direction and it's just dragging on.

I never really "got" into Melody, I tried twice and both times I just turned it off after like 30 minutes. I am not really sure why but it's just not for me.

This game is a mixed bag so far. There are things I like but there are also some MAJOR things that I dislike. The way this whole gf situation is being handled, most of the girls are nothing special, especially the sister and the gf which I straight up don't like, the MCs behavior is "unusual" and the dialogue is just weird sometimes. So I'll see where this goes but so far, it's JUST ok.
Well i started Ch.1 of DMD back in 2016/17 their wasn't that much of competition, but it was too much filler, needles drawn out to the max, not to mention the nativity of D was so much over the top.

Ch.2 was largely unimportent and often boring (the whole mom got D back, total unnecessary), again too much drawn out, but also had a few very good scenes.

Ch3. i agree with u, lost all interest in there. The whole model thing they try to implement as a major story part similiar to Melody, just that most couldn't care less, not to mention the whole orgy part ect. was the last straw for me.

For SL yeah they don't seem sure where they want to go, the first chapter and gf is in strong contrast to what they wanted to do with her later on and don't let me start with the bs about the open relationship.

The sister seems very inconsistent in 01/02, a bit better in 0.3.
That they brought back Lucas, the worst character of DMD, as well as the D look alike, doesn't inspire much hope thought.

For Mc, yes so far the weakest out of the 3 games, he needs some serious character growth, like where the ex stepmother, basically told him, that she blocked contact with sis out of spite and he is just ok with it...

Last edited:

Raminita

Only in madness, do you find beautiful death
GFX Designer
Donor
Jun 11, 2017

Unlocked

Good morning/evening to all of my loyal supporters.
The team and I wanted to release an updated version of Sunshine Love v0.0.3, as we’ve made quite a number of changes over the past few weeks that will affect the next update (v.0.0.4), which will be released on Saturday, November 28th. You can find it here:
Base game ($5 patrons):
Walkthroughs ($15 patrons):
Game + Extra animations pack ($20 patrons):

We also wanted to give you a chance to have a play through the last update (or the whole game until this point) as there are some noticeable differences.
Something that was heavily mentioned by our fans and also discussed several times with my team was these two options from v.3 (below):

Going by the feedback that we received from you all, regarding this scene, it’s probably become the most important scene in the game so far.
We’ve heard your concerns, and we’ve made a big change to this scene that you will notice in this update.
IMPORTANT:
In the previous version of the game, you were given two choices: “Don’t agree” or “Accept her decision”. We have removed the “Don’t agree” option (staying in a relationship with Nicole).
The dialogue that features in this scene will be you, the player, automatically agreeing to be in an “Open Relationship” with Nicole (for now).
However, during the new scenes in our next update (v.0.0.4), at some point you will be given two new options where you can either:
“Agree with her” (continue having an Open Relationship) OR you can “Break up” with Nicole.
The chance to officially end your long relationship with Nicole is an option that a lot of our supporters had asked us for, and something that we really should’ve included the first time around.
But as we’ve said several times in previous posts, we’re not perfect and things aren’t always so obvious when we’re writing and creating our scenes. But we hope that these two new options will appease many of our supporters.
When you get to play v.4 in a couple of weeks’ time, there will be a “Notification” screen that will come up for these two new options, with further details for what each of these choices will mean for your character in future updates. So keep an eye out for that notification in the next update!
Other changes that we’ve made:
With the help of one of our most knowledgeable supporters, “NabegoPewu”, there have been plenty of changes and corrections made to the coding in the game.
Another reason why we’ve put this version out two weeks before v.0.0.4 is released is because these changes to the code may break a lot of your previous saves.
So by playing this new version now, you can start making or replacing your old saves, which will have you all set to go for when Version 4 drops!
Any grammar errors that you have previous made aware to us have been corrected now, and we’ve also fixed a number of renders as well.
IMPORTANT: PATCH FILES
Due to these recent changes, those of you who have applied the patch that was made available on the Unofficial Discord Fan channel, will have to replace it with each new version that we release from now on. You can find the latest patch there if you need it.
If you are unsure, you can ask for help with this from the moderators over at our Discord Fan Server:
A points error in the Walkthrough
In the last update during the scene where you are teaching Shortcake how to run the front desk, there are several options that you can choose in this scene.
Almost all of the correct options will give you +2 points for her, except for choosing Driver's License > Ask for a passport.
Instead of us changing this, we’ve decided to keep it the same, so you don’t have to play this scene over again.
Let’s just call it a “glitch” on our part. ;)
Last Words
Let us know what you think of the changes and if you find any further issues or problems with your saves or any other error we may have missed, then please list them in the comments section or post them in the #bug-reports-sl channel on our Unofficial Fan Discord.
This will give us a chance to make (any) further corrections before v0.0.4 is released.
We’ll have another preview from v4 posted up in the next day or two, so stay tuned for that ;)
All the best, stay safe, and we hope you are looking forward to the continuation of “Sunshine Love” at the end of the month.
We’re certainly looking forward to finally presenting it to you all!
MrDots

DOWNLOAD LINKS FULL VERSION (Updated: November 13th, 2020)
PC

MAC

Android

Android Alternative

Last edited:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020

Unlocked

Good morning/evening to all of my loyal supporters.
The team and I wanted to release an updated version of Sunshine Love v0.0.3, as we’ve made quite a number of changes over the past few weeks that will affect the next update (v.0.0.4), which will be released on Saturday, November 28th. You can find it here:
Base game ($5 patrons):
Walkthroughs ($15 patrons):
Game + Extra animations pack ($20 patrons):

We also wanted to give you a chance to have a play through the last update (or the whole game until this point) as there are some noticeable differences.
Something that was heavily mentioned by our fans and also discussed several times with my team was these two options from v.3 (below):

Going by the feedback that we received from you all, regarding this scene, it’s probably become the most important scene in the game so far.
We’ve heard your concerns, and we’ve made a big change to this scene that you will notice in this update.
IMPORTANT:
In the previous version of the game, you were given two choices: “Don’t agree” or “Accept her decision”. We have removed the “Don’t agree” option (staying in a relationship with Nicole).
The dialogue that features in this scene will be you, the player, automatically agreeing to be in an “Open Relationship” with Nicole (for now).
However, during the new scenes in our next update (v.0.0.4), at some point you will be given two new options where you can either:
“Agree with her” (continue having an Open Relationship) OR you can “Break up” with Nicole.
The chance to officially end your long relationship with Nicole is an option that a lot of our supporters had asked us for, and something that we really should’ve included the first time around.
But as we’ve said several times in previous posts, we’re not perfect and things aren’t always so obvious when we’re writing and creating our scenes. But we hope that these two new options will appease many of our supporters.
When you get to play v.4 in a couple of weeks’ time, there will be a “Notification” screen that will come up for these two new options, with further details for what each of these choices will mean for your character in future updates. So keep an eye out for that notification in the next update!
Other changes that we’ve made:
With the help of one of our most knowledgeable supporters, “NabegoPewu”, there have been plenty of changes and corrections made to the coding in the game.
Another reason why we’ve put this version out two weeks before v.0.0.4 is released is because these changes to the code may break a lot of your previous saves.
So by playing this new version now, you can start making or replacing your old saves, which will have you all set to go for when Version 4 drops!
Any grammar errors that you have previous made aware to us have been corrected now, and we’ve also fixed a number of renders as well.
IMPORTANT: PATCH FILES
Due to these recent changes, those of you who have applied the patch that was made available on the Unofficial Discord Fan channel, will have to replace it with each new version that we release from now on. You can find the latest patch there if you need it.
If you are unsure, you can ask for help with this from the moderators over at our Discord Fan Server:
A points error in the Walkthrough
In the last update during the scene where you are teaching Shortcake how to run the front desk, there are several options that you can choose in this scene.
Almost all of the correct options will give you +2 points for her, except for choosing Driver's License > Ask for a passport.
Instead of us changing this, we’ve decided to keep it the same, so you don’t have to play this scene over again.
Let’s just call it a “glitch” on our part. ;)
Last Words
Let us know what you think of the changes and if you find any further issues or problems with your saves or any other error we may have missed, then please list them in the comments section or post them in the #bug-reports-sl channel on our Unofficial Fan Discord.
This will give us a chance to make (any) further corrections before v0.0.4 is released.
We’ll have another preview from v4 posted up in the next day or two, so stay tuned for that ;)
All the best, stay safe, and we hope you are looking forward to the continuation of “Sunshine Love” at the end of the month.
We’re certainly looking forward to finally presenting it to you all!
MrDots
....If they are editing the scene why not just add the option to end it with her there? Why change that scene and create an entirely new one in order for the MC to end the relationship?

That makes no more sense to me than the original idea did...

Raminita

Only in madness, do you find beautiful death
GFX Designer
Donor
Jun 11, 2017
....If they are editing the scene why not just add the option to end it with her there? Why change that scene and create an entirely new one in order for the MC to end the relationship?

That makes no more sense to me than the original idea did...
who knows. I am baffled as you are

anyway I provided updated Game links

so you can find out what changes they have made.

Rocc46

Sep 1, 2020
So if I understand correctly now there's going to be a open relationship or break up right? I guess it makes more sense than open relationship into break up or solo gf route. It's just the way this is being handled is beyond me. Some of the decisions these devs are making are just weird.

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
*shakes head in confusion*.....
So if I understand correctly now there's going to be a open relationship or break up right? I guess it makes more sense than open relationship into break up or solo gf route. It's just the way this is being handled is beyond me. Some of the decisions these devs are making are just weird.
Right?

Prior to this the discussion seemed to imply that the past update wouldn't change, rather the future update would allow the MC to decide to break up or not. So the player could decide to choose "open relationship" or "faithful" and then, because of feedback, there would be a chance to choose "stay in a relationship" with Nicole or "break up" in the next or subsequent update.

The fact that they are changing the past update so the MC automatically agrees to an open relationship and then can break up with her in the next update is disappointing. If they are changing the past update why not just add a bit more dialogue and a new third option (break up)? So confusing...

3.50 star(s) 270 Votes