Tallion

Nov 3, 2017
OK, I know this has already been covered several times by others, but . . . does anyone actually proofread the dialogue before approving it for each new version? There are, of course, the usual more minor mistakes, like "keeping taking deep breaths" or "Hello, this is [the MC] speaking?" (does the MC not know whether he just answered the phone?). In addition, sometimes the speaking is just wordy or out of place: "it looks like our food is on its way here" instead of "here comes the food"; or "she da bomb"what decade is this supposed to be?

But here and there, it's incredibly stilted, awkward, and unrealistic:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
At this point, Mr. Dots is quite a successful development studio, so these types of mistakes shouldn't be a thing. They really need to hire an editor to approve dialogue. Don't get me wrong: I like the game on the whole, but the dialogue really could use some work.
True, it can also be noted that most of the update was the long dialogues...i didn't really feel much progress

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Uzhirian

Jul 18, 2017
The only one I agree with is Yuki's internal dialogue. I see no problem with the first or last example
You talk weird then :p
I agree that a lot of the dialogue is overly wordy (especially the internal monologues).

Eg1. Use of "Got changed" means there is no need to explain what was changed.
ie. Vicki was still asleep, so I carefully snuck out of bed, got changed and left her place. = same info but spoken like a normal person.
ie2. Alternatively: Vicki was still asleep, so I carefully snuck out of bed, put my dress and heels on and left her place.

My biggest problem with Mr Dots games is that they need to use more of the visual element of a visual novel to convey character and less internal thought explanations.

Reactions: botc76

Trikus

May 31, 2020
So people you talk to tell you ever little step of what they've done? :)
In the third picture, Yuki was teaching Sis how to fix it, so yes, going through all of the steps is exactly what I would have done. And the first picture, again, yes, she is describing what she did after he asked her about her night. Some people take shortcuts in dialogue, some people don't. Maybe it is because I'm older and was raised in a different time but I see no issue with that dialogue. You would probably complain if the characters used "Hello Father" instead of "Hi Dad" simply because it is more common to use the latter.

Damn! Gonna be an awkward discussion come morning :)
It would have been even more awkward had they not put their clothes back on.

Caipi

Dec 13, 2017
1. Download Renpy SDK
2. Head to the \renpy-7.4.2-sdk\lib folder and copy the windows-i686 folder
3. Paste the windows-i686 to \SunshineLove-0.05-pc\lib
4. Head to renpy-7.4.2-sdk folder and copy renpy-32
5. Paste it to the SunshineLove-0.05-pc folder
6. Rename 'renpy-32' to 'SunshineLove-32'

you need to explicitly rename it to 'SunshineLove-32' or it doesnt work
Dear superman123hehe,
you made my day...:love:
I am on 32 Bit too and thought I couldn't continue with the game, but your workaround worked great -thank you...(y)

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
The only one I agree with is Yuki's internal dialogue. I see no problem with the first or last example
So when someone asks you if you went to the store for groceries, you answer like that?

"Yes, I stood up, went to the bathroom, then put on clothes, then my shoes and I went to shop for groceries."

Reactions: botc76 and Somnus

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Maybe he was only hanging out with her for her property
It feels more like the dad who's doing that. He's just going along for the ride (if you excuse the pun). If he's manipulating her (which I think is unlikely as he seems to be an idiot) then he would still take advantage of the situation. You can lead someone on for ulterior motives and still try for some action

Uzhirian

Jul 18, 2017
Speaking of robotic dialogue, is it just me or do the boss and brodie have the same conversation twice about the party needing to be at the hotel penthouse?

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Some people take shortcuts in dialogue, some people don't
Okay so her telling him she got up and left while Vicky was asleep would be a shortcut if she didn't tell him how she put back on every article of clothing? It's useless information, anyone with a brain would already know she got dressed.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
So when someone asks you if you went to the store for groceries, you answer like that?

"Yes, I stood up, went to the bathroom, then put on clothes, then my shoes and I went to shop for groceries."
No, but that is a false equivalence. In your example, you already know they went for groceries. In the picture of Sis, he wants to know what happened to her. She told him what happened. If you asked what did you do this morning, and someone answered "I went to the bathroom, then put on my clothes and shoes then went shopping for groceries", that is not a million miles away from how that question is answered.

Last edited:

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Speaking of robotic dialogue, is it just me or do the boss and brodie have the same conversation twice about the party needing to be at the hotel penthouse?
I haven't got there yet but the same dialogue plays twice in the scene before the honeymoon suite. The one about cleaning up.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
"I went to the bathroom, then put on my clothes and shoes then went shopping for groceries"
We'll have to agree to disagree because even that example is so wrong to me. no body I know would state such an obvious thing like getting dressed in the morning and she goes through every piece that she put back on. It's common scence.

Reactions: botc76 and AL.d

baklol

Aug 13, 2018
this one is also not working on pc it shows this app cannot run on your pc any help or suggestion or solution

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
this one is also not working on pc it shows this app cannot run on your pc any help or suggestion or solution
Silly question but are you sure you downloaded the PC version and are running a 64bit version of windows?

Trikus

May 31, 2020
We'll have to agree to disagree because even that example is so wrong to me. no body I know would state such an obvious thing like getting dressed in the morning and she goes through every piece that she put back on. It's common scence.
What do they teach in English class these days?

3.50 star(s) 269 Votes