Layfon

Aug 21, 2017
To my knowledge no, only after the backlash they said that this was planed as a cuckqueen path, so no sharing, ntr etc. IIRC one of the dev's also got a bit hot headed in this thread, which lead to even more confusion/backlash...

Well back then there were no signs that she would be fine with just watching the MC, iirc as the MC asked her about a threesome her answear was, her with two men.
Yeah that advice from Gorgina was just crap imo, also to my knowledge of DMD (which is is dated) Gorgina was not in a open relation, but in a poly relation with the MC and his daughter, which is something different.

There where also many (including myself) who thought of Nicole just as a blocker, not a real LI and that the break up will be granted, add to that she wasn't exactly portrait in a good light...so many were rather upset about having no choice to break things up, being forced to be either Nicole only path or open relation was a bit like a slap in the face.

Overal i think the cuckqueen path with Nicole was not a bad idea, but not good implemented and at the wrong time.

The relation beetwen her and MC was already bad/strained.
They were on a break (which can mean many things) and in different countries .
Than how her sister and that client of her's braught that idea up, like a solution for solving relationship problems.
The whole thing is suggested by a call, with a rule that they wont talk about if anything happens (kind of a bad approach as trust and being open should be mandatory if that should work).
Lastly u had no real choice to decline it (only yes and only Nicole path).

Now if u had waited a bit, like now when Nicole is visiting Sunshine Bay, that could have worked much better.
Have her talk with MC, so their relation is at a better starting point.
Maybe have her getting aroused as she keeps seeing MC with other girls and she imagine him with them.
Make it her own idea, as she keeps getting off from imagine MC with the other girls.
Have a open talk with the MC about her idea and the choice for the player to decide.

That would have worked much better and if the players are seeing that her fantasys are about the MC with other girls, the whole thing would have been much better received , of course thats just my opinion.
Yeah I think a lot of what you said is pretty much how the people who disliked Nicole felt about the situation. Problem with her suggesting the idea when she's visiting Sunshine Bay is that it's so late in the game the MC would've been the one being shown in a bad light since he'd be still in a relationship with her but cheating on her with multiple women.

If they had swapped the order of things in the story like her visiting/working in Sunshine Bay at S1EX, whenever she was calling to go open or breakup, and she cme to the idea of her being aroused by the MC being with other girls on her own without outside interference I think her path of being a cuckqean probably could've been implemented without much fuss.

As you said it was just so impersonal to suggest such a radical change in relationships over the phone and to do it out of nowhere with not much thought put into it. She could've even moved to work in Sunshine Bay at the start of the game when the MC got layed off and throughout the beginning of the game to the "Open or Break-up" choice she'd see the MC being genuinely friendly with all these girls and she'd fantasize about him fucking them, making her decision come more naturally.

Layfon

Aug 21, 2017
He's not cheating on her - she's the one who suggested an open relationship.
Yeah I know that. I was talking to Raziel about his hypothetical of her bringing it up when she arrived in Sunshine Bay to make it seem less abrupt/impersonal. So it'd be like several episodes in with her not mentioning it, them still being in a long-distance relationship, and him having sex with one or multiple women while in said relationship. Ergo in that instance he'd be cheating on her.

Kid07

Nov 13, 2017

I just curious if anyone else hoped your childhoodfriend/stepsister might be a virgin? I sure hoped she was even knowing she was dating for more than 3 years.

Reactions: verzauberung

Journey95

Jun 23, 2018
No kink shaming. Unlike many who objected to the open relationship, I'm looking for a way that she can be properly fulfilled, instead of being selfish and wanting all women to either fuck me or nobody. Why should Nicole be prevented from pursuing sexual activity on her own when the MC gets to fuck whomever he wants?
This is an adult power fantasy game..almost no one wants to see the MC's GF get fucked by some random men even if the MC screws around. Its not really appealing to most players. The whole open relationship bs was just a bad idea, it would be more interesting if she was still the MC's GF (no break up) and the MC have to be more careful so she doesn't catch him cheating

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
This is an adult power fantasy game..almost no one wants to see the MC's GF get fucked by some random men even if the MC screws around. Its not really appealing to most players
and that can be handled by a simple conditional in the code:

if MeLikeyFullOpenRelationship == true
# ShowMeHerGoingToPoundTownWithOtherDudes
else
# ShowMeMoreMrDotsInternalMonologues

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
and that can be handled by a simple conditional in the code:

# ShowMeHerGoingToPoundTownWithOtherDudes
else
# ShowMeMoreMrDotsInternalMonologues
Actually they have that it is:
# PlaySomeNTRgameNotThisOne
else
# ShowMeMoreMrDotsHotties

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Actually they have that it is:
# PlaySomeNTRgameNotThisOne
else
# ShowMeMoreMrDotsHotties
lol not like Dotsy hasn't done it before. Swinging is in DMD and and open relationship wouldn't really be NTR. But let's not get into that argument here.

Mystermask

Feb 14, 2020
I m not sure it's on purpose but leaving name in blank does not put the default name of the girls (and the mc) anymore. Name in relation and dialogue are not show if you leave the name blank now. Seem's like a bug to me.

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
Just out of curiosity I installed a walkthrough mod then choose all the worst options I could.

It didn't really make any difference, all those 'tasks' you have to complete, you cannot fail them. The majority of options are pointless and not even needed, this is more a novel than a game. Even though I give negative to everything regarding the twins there is a forced sex scene.

Kid07

Nov 13, 2017
Well right now its just feel super weird to play the MC if you choose all girl paths. Somehow you are a sex magnet and everyone is super horney for you and literally throw themselves at you while you kinda been shy and try to avoid sex. But sometime you also just start grabbing pussys... (Shortcake)

I almost wish there would be a Nicole only path.

TittyLuvr1334

Aug 4, 2018
First scene - at the end of update 7, select four
Second scene - continuation at the beginning of update 8, do NOT select touch her
I appreciate the response - but sadly I don't know what "select four" means.
I've gone back to chpt 7 several times to the point where I choose to call either Ashley or Trisha. Regardless of whom I choose, I meet with Trisha.
Ive tried the "break out of my bonds" successful route to happy ashley
Ive tried the "couldn't break out" and be late to unhappy Ashley.

Either way once I meet with Ashley I only get one MC choice "where is your heart at"
(either in two places, or not sure which).

Regardless that is the only option I have during my meeting with Ashley. After sitting on the bench with her, I get on my moped and ride home in the rain.

Is it that i don't have enough relationship points maybe? I wonder how that would be - cuz I've been conscientious to choose every option in favor of Ashley. She's who I really love - other than the twins.

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
I appreciate the response - but sadly I don't know what "select four" means.
I've gone back to chpt 7 several times to the point where I choose to call either Ashley or Trisha. Regardless of whom I choose, I meet with Trisha.
Ive tried the "break out of my bonds" successful route to happy ashley
Ive tried the "couldn't break out" and be late to unhappy Ashley.

Either way once I meet with Ashley I only get one MC choice "where is your heart at"
(either in two places, or not sure which).

Regardless that is the only option I have during my meeting with Ashley. After sitting on the bench with her, I get on my moped and ride home in the rain.

Is it that i don't have enough relationship points maybe? I wonder how that would be - cuz I've been conscientious to choose every option in favor of Ashley. She's who I really love - other than the twins.
I think it may go back to - was it? - Chapter 2, the decision who to meet at the clothing store, or the decision between Ashley and Trisha there. You either will have to do the scene with Ashley alone or choose her. In any case, on the Ashley route she won't let you drive home from the cabin, as the road would be too steep and slippery for a beginner on his vespa, you end up getting drunk, and she asks you how many glasses of wine you had. The answer 4 gets you the full sex scene.

TittyLuvr1334

Aug 4, 2018
I think it may go back to - was it? - Chapter 2, the decision who to meet at the clothing store, or the decision between Ashley and Trisha there. You either will have to do the scene with Ashley alone or choose her. In any case, on the Ashley route she won't let you drive home from the cabin, as the road would be too steep and slippery for a beginner on his vespa, you end up getting drunk, and she asks you how many glasses of wine you had. The answer 4 gets you the full sex scene.
Oooooh I remember that choice - they wanted to know which of them looked better in their outfit, and I think I wussed out and said "i couldn't pick a favorite"

Allan Trumbull

Forum Fanatic
Sep 10, 2021
Well right now its just feel super weird to play the MC if you choose all girl paths. Somehow you are a sex magnet and everyone is super horney for you and literally throw themselves at you while you kinda been shy and try to avoid sex. But sometime you also just start grabbing pussys... (Shortcake)

I almost wish there would be a Nicole only path.
Lol

Reactions: LSC82

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Been doing real life things. On the subject of Nicole: People have misunderstood what I was saying. She got screwed over. Simple. There was the option for a proper open relationship and it got shouted down. Did the dev introduce it well? No. Should have been "open relationship/break up" instead of "open relationship/monogamous." But even when the option for break up replaced "monogamous" people wouldn't stop with "I don't want her to fuck anyone else even though I can choose break up and it won't happen in my path." So she got screwed.

Nothing said so far contradicts that.

From what I understand, DMD had/has a sharing relationship option, so it's not like there wasn't precedent. I feel for Nicole.

That's all I was saying.

3.50 star(s) 268 Votes