drpavelcia

Aug 19, 2018
Installed the update but get this error as soon as I start it

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 462, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3276, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4100, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1062, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 48, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 720, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1252, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 245, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1252, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 979, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 914, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 462, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 769, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2173, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2005, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1923, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.6.1693
Sunshine Love 0.08.1
Sun Oct 31 03:57:59 2021
Exact same issue here. I had to load an earlier autosave, and that worked. It seems like the game does something during the last scene of the last update that they changed with the new update.

Reactions: cougs

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
So many WTF moments. Here's another for debate:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Within moments Meredith goes from no suspicions to thinking for sure hubby was cheating.
I don't remember a Meredith character. I don't remember a Meredith or a Nic on Sunshine Love.

cougs

Sep 18, 2019
Anyone know if the Connie model is used in other games, I've seen a couple from dmd in this game.

Aguzy

Aug 4, 2020
Anybody else having problems with the IC patch for this, I've tried the pre patched 0.0.8.1 and used the patch on 0.0.8 but it just doesn't seem to be working. S calls their father your father and just other things that you can tell the patch isn't working. In her character info it calls her your half sister rather than childhood friend but I can just tell with the language being used that the patch isn't working for me. Am I missing something or is the patch just not working properly, I've not had any problems with all the versions before this and started a fresh game and they are called siblings up until the content of v0.0.8 but then it changes, it's as if the patch hasn't been updated for the content in the latest version. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Reactions: Minx077

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
that's not shortcake, way too busty.

Installed the update but get this error as soon as I start it
no need to put errors inside code, just attach traceback.txt on your post. did you do fresh install or copied files to existing installation? did you use wt-mod?

Anybody else having problems with the IC patch for this, I've tried the pre patched 0.0.8.1 and used the patch on 0.0.8 but it just doesn't seem to be working. S calls their father your father and just other things that you can tell the patch isn't working. In her character info it calls her your half sister rather than childhood friend but I can just tell with the language being used that the patch isn't working for me. Am I missing something or is the patch just not working properly, I've not had any problems with all the versions before this and started a fresh game and they are called siblings up until the content of v0.0.8 but then it changes, it's as if the patch hasn't been updated for the content in the latest version. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you
if you are using 0.0.8.1 then you need newer ic-patch. pre-patched should have same father on both but he hasn't been seen since .............. besides flashbacks.

Reactions: Aguzy

Journey95

Jun 23, 2018
Consider that there are several games out there where a female character starts out as boring, and then does a slip n' slide down the corruption rabbit hole, fighting it the whole way before surrendering to it. That there are a lot of fairly successful games that use this trope speaks to the opportunity being missed with Nicole. She isn't ugly, and she is surrounded by game characters [men and women] who would be delighted to wrap her legs around their neck and wear her like a feed bag [to paraphrase the late, great comedian Sam Kinison].

The point is, if you can appeal to a heretofore missing segment of your audience, why not do it?
Those are female MC games where the whole point is that they are corrupted and fucked by every dude (often ugly old dudes too lol). I haven't seen any good & popular male MC game where suddenly the GF is banging different dudes. Thats just not appealing. Obviously something like a threesome with one of the main girls here would be fine

Aguzy

Aug 4, 2020

no need to put errors inside code, just attach traceback.txt on your post. did you do fresh install or copied files to existing installation? did you use wt-mod?

if you are using 0.0.8.1 then you need newer ic-patch. pre-patched should have same father on both but he hasn't been seen since .............. besides flashbacks.
Yeah the pre patched 0.0.8.1 wasn't working but when I overwrote it with the latest patch from the 31st from Mr dots discord it's working. Not sure why either 0.0.8 and 0.0.8.1 would t work but it's working now with latest patch. Thanks for the help my friend, I appreciate it

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
A temptation is the desire to do "something." Not necessarily the actual act of giving into doing said "something."
Sort of, although my original definition was flawed. A temptation is the desire to do something you actually can do. You can't be tempted to make a city sink into the ocean or to fly through space without a suit. Those are wishes, not .

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Not that it matters too much - but I fundamentally agree with CookieMonster. If something cannot be possible, there's no temptation to try it. WISHFUL thinking is the more correct idiom.

But it's just being overly critical to correct. It's just an incorrect use of language - which many do every day especially when they used "literally". Most people use it wrong.
Well, it was just an example that I recently saw. I don't have the time to do so, but I have been mentally identifying issues with character thoughts for a while now on this game. It is most enjoyable for me. I just end up mentally rolling my eyes often when I read what the characters think.

cougs

Sep 18, 2019

Fresh install of 0.0.8.1 with no mods installed, I went back to the previous version and it works fine.

Niahrleak

Jun 2, 2018
the more i read this the most i hate the "sis"
what an annoying character, i wish i could friendzone her and end her meddling
yuki and cousin ftw they are lot more chill

edit: now that i finished reading, welp, i really tho i would have the option to not go with the sis route, seeing how other girls had so much content, but it was forced anyway, i wish i could just pick 1 of the others and have separate routes, but oh well.
melody at least was cool, not like this one.

will give another read on an later update, to see if i just missed the point where you deny her or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Majindevil

Ysbald

Nov 1, 2018
the more i read this the most i hate the "sis"
what an annoying character, i wish i could friendzone her and end her meddling
yuki and cousin ftw they are lot more chill

edit: now that i finished reading, welp, i really tho i would have the option to not go with the sis route, seeing how other girls had so much content, but it was forced anyway, i wish i could just pick 1 of the others and have separate routes, but oh well.
melody at least was cool, not like this one.

will give another read on an later update, to see if i just missed the point where you deny her or not.
when you meet Brodie chatting with Sis. you have the option "I am her brother" and "Don't Retaliate" if you don't want to pursue sis after this

Jack0h

Sep 7, 2018
Those are female MC games where the whole point is that they are corrupted and fucked by every dude (often ugly old dudes too lol). I haven't seen any good & popular male MC game where suddenly the GF is banging different dudes. Thats just not appealing. Obviously something like a threesome with one of the main girls here would be fine
There are several, but if I mention them, I risk getting my post yanked for talking about other games. It's like if things like NTR, podophilia, or other fetishes can fit within a game without breaking the story, why not do so? You don't have to take those paths, but those that want to, can. To exclude them because you personally don't think they can be done to your satisfaction is akin to me saying that, because I don't like chocolate ice cream, my local store shouldn't carry it at all.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
There are several, but if I mention them, I risk getting my post yanked for talking about other games. It's like if things like NTR, podophilia, or other fetishes can fit within a game without breaking the story, why not do so? You don't have to take those paths, but those that want to, can. To exclude them because you personally don't think they can be done to your satisfaction is akin to me saying that, because I don't like chocolate ice cream, my local store shouldn't carry it at all.
STOP asking for dev to change a game that isn't what you want
Dev doesn't come here anyway
You are off topic

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
Because people who don't like those fetishes will more than likely avoid the game. But this game is about the MC and his relationships with other characters, Nicole is just a side character, nothing more.

3.50 star(s) 268 Votes