cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
A real bummer that it got delayed, but it is probably better than releasing it too soon. Only downside is that it will add another week to the next DMD update (since he won't start working on it till after SL release).
don't think so.

XMFR64

Mar 5, 2017
That's what I said during the last release of DMD : v2 of SL mid-June and next DMD update for late July.
It's great so that it will have more content, especially knowing that there will be the beginning of the beauty contest

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
With what may be (or may not be) going on between MC's father and Nicole.
They go out for drinks, have a bit much and then she kisses him good night. Father then decides he needs to tell MC (could be because he doesn't want to break them up, or doesn't want to damage his relationship with MC). He tells MC he needs to work on relationship with Nicole or lose her. MC can then decide to try and fix things or break up.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
With what may be (or may not be) going on between MC's father and Nicole.
They go out for drinks, have a bit much and then she kisses him good night. Father then decides he needs to tell MC (could be because he doesn't want to break them up, or doesn't want to damage his relationship with MC). He tells MC he needs to work on relationship with Nicole or lose her. MC can then decide to try and fix things or break up.
Hmm, I like that idea... Not a total "Oh my gawd" they fucked scenario but obvious that we can try and catch her in a lie or decide she isn't really invested in the relationship.

hatefuldisplay

May 22, 2020
An

And also you wasted all those hot dogs
Being promised home made Pad Thai and left with a sink full of thawing out hot dogs is possibly the biggest slap in the face to the main character so far. Losing a promotion and a job are one thing. That is simply unforgivable. His sister best get to some serious making up for that one, especially if he ends up rescuing her from her current situation. A situation she wouldn't be in if she stayed home and made the damn Pad Thai. Now, I need to order Pad Thai.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Being promised home made Pad Thai and left with a sink full of thawing out hot dogs is possibly the biggest slap in the face to the main character so far. Losing a promotion and a job are one thing. That is simply unforgivable. His sister best get to some serious making up for that one, especially if he ends up rescuing her from her current situation. A situation she wouldn't be in if she stayed home and made the damn Pad Thai. Now, I need to order Pad Thai.
I had the same reaction! LOL One of my top five favorite foods in the world is Pad Thai so I thought it was a fun coincidence that she was going to make it for the MC. To have hot dogs instead is so insulting. I'd hold a grudge for awhile over that one, feels like the MC was an afterthought again. Sister is low on my list of people in the game for ditching the MC.

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
After that cliff-hanger ending I'm really looking forward to the next update.

Last edited:

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
It's been awhile since I've played DmD, Lucas is the dad you meet on the first beach trip with your daughter?

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
It's been awhile since I've played DmD, Lucas is the dad you meet on the first beach trip with your daughter?
Nope, Lucas is the creepy brother to the photographer you meet in the park. He then feels up the daughter, gets punched by the dad for doing that, sucker punches the dad, and then follows the daughter home before she decks him. I thought he was in jail or going to be.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I think NTR isn't the only solid reason for their breakup. There are limitless possibilities and judging by Nicole's personality and dedication I don't think there should be a possibility of her screwing up with his dad. Also forced NTR just messes up things not only in the possibility where his dad forces Nicole to do it but also in where Nicole and dad does it with consent as it would be a major impact in Nicole's character arc and structure she'll end up being a completely different character which she used to be. But if we talk from MCs side damn there's a lot of possibilities for their breakup for starters him getting along with other girls. Isn't that enough to make up for a solid reason behind their breakup?
MrDots team has said NTR will not be in their games.
Now what is meant by NTR is debatable.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
MrDots team has said NTR will not be in their games.
Now what is meant by NTR is debatable.
No, it's not debatable - they've said there could be sharing (if the user chooses), but nothing where a love interest is stolen from the MC. Now, this is for DMD, but I expect the same rules to apply to SL.

Jeff Steel can you give us a real answer?

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
No, it's not debatable - they've said there could be sharing (if the user chooses), but nothing where a love interest is stolen from the MC. Now, this is for DMD, but I expect the same rules to apply to SL.

Jeff Steel can you give us a real answer?
Right now in SL, there is the issue of how to make the break with Nicole without having Nicole be a major player. We want to make a shift to the girls of Sunshine Bay instead.

Then there is the balance on how to deal with MC’s cheating vs not cheating (hall pass or some other concept.)

So far we drafted Nicole as rather controlling in the relationship - and also not someone that would easily jump in the hall pass bandwagon.

I’ve made various suggestions, but most of them run with Nicole getting more and more in a nervous dervish spin over MC being at Sunshine Bay until we get a “breakdown” by her.

Not yet sure how we will resolve this, or how far Hearsz is running with the Nicole issue this next release, but the NTR issue could get a little close on this topic. Ideally, MC’s heart is simultaneously melted by one or many of the Sunshine Bay ladies, and the split is simultaneous.

Is it NTR when you both head off in different directions simultaneously? Is someone stolen from you by another when you are straying among the lovely ladies at the same time?

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Right now in SL, there is the issue of how to make the break with Nicole without having Nicole be a major player. We want to make a shift to the girls of Sunshine Bay instead.

Then there is the balance on how to deal with MC’s cheating vs not cheating (hall pass or some other concept.)

So far we drafted Nicole as rather controlling in the relationship - and also not someone that would easily jump in the hall pass bandwagon.

I’ve made various suggestions, but most of them run with Nicole getting more and more in a nervous dervish spin over MC being at Sunshine Bay until we get a “breakdown” by her.

Not yet sure how we will resolve this, or how far Hearsz is running with the Nicole issue this next release, but the NTR issue could get a little close on this topic. Ideally, MC’s heart is simultaneously melted by one or many of the Sunshine Bay ladies, and the split is simultaneous.

Is it NTR when you both head off in different directions simultaneously? Is someone stolen from you by another when you are straying among the lovely ladies at the same time?
Well, taking sex and relationships out of it, if Nicole feels that the MC isn't going to be goal oriented and driven like her she could break up with him for not being the man she thought he was. There doesn't have to be cheating on anyone's part, simply growing apart and going their separate ways. She is one of those people with a two year plan, a 5 year plan, and a 10 year plan. MC seems like someone who only has those plans because she drafted them for him.

If Nicole even kisses another man there will be loud cries of "NTR!" and accusations of how they were betrayed by the development team :rolleyes:
As I've said before, using cheating as a plot devise that causes characters to break up and, perhaps, for Nicole to exit the narrative completely would be interesting. But I don't think some members of this community would tolerate that. You could also just have her randomly die in a car accident or something :ROFLMAO:

Good luck!!

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Well, taking sex and relationships out of it, if Nicole feels that the MC isn't going to be goal oriented and driven like her she could break up with him for not being the man she thought he was. There doesn't have to be cheating on anyone's part, simply growing apart and going their separate ways. She is one of those people with a two year plan, a 5 year plan, and a 10 year plan. MC seems like someone who only has those plans because she drafted them for him.

If Nicole even kisses another man there will be loud cries of "NTR!" and accusations of how they were betrayed by the development team :rolleyes:
As I've said before, using cheating as a plot devise that causes characters to break up and, perhaps, for Nicole to exit the narrative completely would be interesting. But I don't think some members of this community would tolerate that. You could also just have her randomly die in a car accident or something :ROFLMAO:

Good luck!!
i agree this would be the best way to split Nicole and MC apart and stay good with no NTR ... btw i hate NTR myself

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

Nicole becomes a super villain.
The Diddler.

She decides the MC is not the person she wants to be with, they are older and have different life goals. She's not good or bad.

Hit by a toilet seat falling off of the space station. Dead Like Me.

KeiNineX

Aug 10, 2019

I feel like they should just break up over some basic shit like "this time away from you made me realize that I wanna focus more on my career and I am not ready to settle down" or something like that. I think that if you make her leave you for another man or even if you just make another man a reason she breaks up with you, people will lose their shit.

Last edited:

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
could have MC become the hotel manager , while his sister and her cousin run things making event plans and offering extras like the surfing thing ..
all the while having Nicole going out with her friends and with her being so controlling , she has a talk with them about MC and pretty much they seem to have different goals in mind for MC , which he has problems with Nicole doing that to him all the time ..
their lives going 2 separate directions ... causing them to break up .. making it a mutual break up ..
idk but sound good

3.50 star(s) 267 Votes