ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
Is it NTR when you both head off in different directions simultaneously? Is someone stolen from you by another when you are straying among the lovely ladies at the same time?
Interesting question.

My opinion.
If she has sex with someone else after they have broken up - not NTR, not anything.
If she has sex before the breakup, but MC no longer cares about her - no NTR (as no emotions caused), but cheating.
If she has sex before the breakup, and MC still cares for her, then it is NTR.

What MC is doing should have no impact on definitions, but his actions may cause players to have different reactions to Nicole.
Any of these happening will likely cause complaints (more vocal depending on which option chosen)

Swordsman83

Anti Anti-NTR & Anti-Woke Crusader
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
I like this game together with Melody. cos both games got music.

Least favourite is DMD, where there is no music at all

Reactions: SuperLYC

BloodyFace

Jul 5, 2019
I like this game together with Melody. cos both games got music.

Least favourite is DMD, where there is no music at all
If i am not mistaken there will be music in DMD eventually. Somewhere on their website in the updates section it was mentioned.

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
Right now in SL, there is the issue of how to make the break with Nicole without having Nicole be a major player. We want to make a shift to the girls of Sunshine Bay instead.

Then there is the balance on how to deal with MC’s cheating vs not cheating (hall pass or some other concept.)

So far we drafted Nicole as rather controlling in the relationship - and also not someone that would easily jump in the hall pass bandwagon.

I’ve made various suggestions, but most of them run with Nicole getting more and more in a nervous dervish spin over MC being at Sunshine Bay until we get a “breakdown” by her.

Not yet sure how we will resolve this, or how far Hearsz is running with the Nicole issue this next release, but the NTR issue could get a little close on this topic. Ideally, MC’s heart is simultaneously melted by one or many of the Sunshine Bay ladies, and the split is simultaneous.

Is it NTR when you both head off in different directions simultaneously? Is someone stolen from you by another when you are straying among the lovely ladies at the same time?
I don't think there will be a problem if MC splits with Nicole _ honestly from the way her character is written I got the impression that was the intention all along. Unless you are one of those guys into getting cucked, what man wants to deal with a bossy woman who plans your life? I remember thinking in the scene where MC and Nicole were in a threesome that I thought there might be a path to a Harem ending and that might work I suppose. But another viable path is they each recognize she lives far away, he really does not want to work for that company and their lives are taking different paths.

They are not married so I don't really see a problem with them splitting up. It does not have to be a drama filled break-up either. Maybe the better way would be the story line where these two Lawyers see their differences, as well as the approaching separation in their future paths and act accordingly. Will there be Heartache? Yes, of course. They do have a history and care for one another, but they are reasonable people so no big fights, or hate is needed. They could part as friends wishing each the best in their future... this happens IRL all the time. People grow apart for lots of reasons _ doesnt mean they have to get crazy about it and start hating.

Last edited:

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
But another viable path is they each recognizing she lives far away, he really does not want to work for that company and their lives are taking different paths.
Or, viable path number 3, the hotel becomes successful (and it will be, why else would there be the star progress system in place) and Nicole moves to Sunshine Bay and helps the hotel out with legal stuff as MC and sister focus more on the management part. Maybe the atmosphere there would chill her out a bit.

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Interesting question.

My opinion.
If she has sex with someone else after they have broken up - not NTR, not anything.
If she has sex before the breakup, but MC no longer cares about her - no NTR (as no emotions caused), but cheating.
If she has sex before the breakup, and MC still cares for her, then it is NTR.

What MC is doing should have no impact on definitions, but his actions may cause players to have different reactions to Nicole.
Any of these happening will likely cause complaints (more vocal depending on which option chosen)
That’s my analysis as well.

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
For some reason I was just never excited about Nicole. Not very attractive, controlling, insecure, etc.

If she just falls off the face of the earth I'd consider it no loss. But that's just me.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
I don't see any reason for Nicole to need to kiss or have sex with anyone for her and the MC to break up, it could simply boil down to MC telling Nicole that he really likes where he is now and that working for the hotel is what he wants to do, Nicole is obviously upset and tells him that she doesn't want to move there and up route her life and lose her position, the career she has worked for, they break up, both sad their relationship is now over but understanding of the others choice, MC offers to continue to pay his portion of the mortgage dept, end of Nicoles route she is no longer seen in the game.

You don't need drama and cheating as a justification to end a relationship the game, they both care about each other so I don't see why it can't be amicable with Nicole seeing how happy the MC is with his new place in life working at the hotel.

Aug 7, 2019
Who knows, maybe she'll decide to come fight for her man later, maybe Georgina talks her into some polygamy, we'll just have to see how the dev thinks it should play out.

ShangTsung

Aug 6, 2017
Unfortunately i don't think the dev will have the balls to make the mc's gf cheat on him, even if it makes total sens story wise, and plot wise, and it would add drama, but because of the ntr haters group he will limit himself in self-censorship.

I miss the days when those hateful groups were not here and the devs could write what they want.

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
Unfortunately i don't think the dev will have the balls to make the mc's gf cheat on him, even if it makes total sens story wise, and plot wise, and it would add drama, but because of the ntr haters group he will limit himself in self-censorship.
Maybe Nicole finally realizes that she is more into girls (that's why MC could not make her orgasm). Unfortunately this idea has the issue that she thought it was going to be another guy when MC mentioned a threesome (or maybe she just said that to make him think she didn't like the idea of being with a girl, or she is in denial about her sexuality)
Nobody seemed to complain in DMD about the daughter doing things with girls behind MC's back.

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
So far we have had a bad ex-wife in DMD and a bad ex-fiancée in Melody. Maybe someone wants a bad ex-girlfriend in SL, but I hope that this chain will break. Note, we don't need to build a cult that all Ex are evil bitches.

ShangTsung

Aug 6, 2017
I’m not pushing NTR but I am pushing “what is good for the gander is good for the goose” ... and we really need for MC to start sexual steps with the Sunshine Bay contingent ... thus giving Nicole the “goose’s option.”
The Realistic option would be for both of them to start an open relationship, and based on the choices the mc and her did during the game we will have a different endings, back together, break up...etc

hatefuldisplay

May 22, 2020
The Realistic option would be for both of them to start an open relationship, and based on the choices the mc and her did during the game we will have a different endings, back together, break up...etc
Honestly, I thought that is exactly what Nicole was pushing for initially when she talked about taking a break. I was left a bit confused later when she seemed to have no intention of doing anything on the side or for their relationship to be put on pause, but it is possible that she is also conflicted in exactly what she wants at this point.

Reactions: ImperialD

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I’m not pushing NTR but I am pushing “what is good for the gander is good for the goose” ... and we really need for MC to start sexual steps with the Sunshine Bay contingent ... thus giving Nicole the “goose’s option.”
Eh, my problem with the "goose/gander" approach is that some of us will play a route where we don't cheat on Nicole even if we aren't fans of her character. An amicable (or not so amicable) break up, without cheating, would allow them to go their separate ways without anyone needing to worry about what is or isn't NTR. I hope there are more choices than 1) Stay faithful and stay with Nicole for the entire game or 2) Cheat on her and break up with her because the MC is a cheater.

I don't see an open relationship as realistic. Nicole is a very controlling person, she has both of their careers mapped out. I am sure she worries about their reputations and an open relationship could cause problems.

Honestly, I thought that is exactly what Nicole was pushing for initially when she talked about taking a break. I was left a bit confused later when she seemed to have no intention of doing anything on the side or for their relationship to be put on pause, but it is possible that she is also conflicted in exactly what she wants at this point.
I felt that she was more conflicted because she realizes that the smartest, and more career focused course of action, would be to break up with the MC. However, if she does that then she is acknowledging that the last 5 years with him were wasted, she has to realize that she no longer is in love with him, and she will be stuck with an apartment that they were struggling to pay for together. I don't think that Nicole is a "let's take a break while you go screw a bunch of women and I focus on my career" type of personality. She is too controlling to willingly give up control.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Hit by a toilet seat falling off of the space station. Dead Like Me.

I miss the days when those hateful groups were not here and the devs could write what they want.
You're assuming that Mr.Dots WANTS to write NTR into the game.

Also..."hateful groups"? Dude, you need to read rule #1. https://f95zone.to/threads/general-rules-updated-2020-02-08.5589/

And there are plenty of ntr games here. Lots of devs "write what they want". Don't complain because a non-ntr game isn't ntr. https://f95zone.to/latest/#/cat=games/page=1/tags=258

3.50 star(s) 269 Votes