ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Nope... but how about a shower. He could use a shower with some chicks: they're always having bath.
It's likely due to not having art assets for such render (in a suitable style for the rooms etc) and it'd be silly to have MC run all way to the health center each time he wants a shower.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Bathtubs are uncomfortable - hard and not long enough (and I'm only 5'4".)
Not like all bathtubs are of the same, single size. Soaking tubs can go up to 72" and you could easily fully submerge in one of these.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

Ciaran8023

Jun 4, 2018
Eh, may just drop this one. While I have played DMD before, I for some reason didn't think that this game was another "LI set in stone" type deal where you're basically forced to get involved with your childhood friend.
It might have been better if she was written in a different way and didn't start off with absolute deception, just don't like that character at all even though I've sunk a good 10 hours into the game thus far.

Reactions: Mr. Chatty

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Eh, may just drop this one. While I have played DMD before, I for some reason didn't think that this game was another "LI set in stone" type deal where you're basically forced to get involved with your childhood friend.
For what's worth the MC gets a choice at the end of Chapter 1 whether he wants to get fully involved with the sister, or have her back off.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
It might have been better if she was written in a different way and didn't start off with absolute deception, just don't like that character at all even though I've sunk a good 10 hours into the game thus far.
I couldn't stomach the writing long enough to finish this one but you "technically" can. It's very late in the game and it comes from saying your her brother for some reason. But until that point your always on her path. I was in it for the family stuff but she is such a bore.

Ciaran8023

Jun 4, 2018
I couldn't stomach the writing long enough to finish this one but you "technically" can. It's very late in the game and it comes from saying your her brother for some reason. But until that point your always on her path. I was in it for the family stuff but she is such a bore.
That... makes absolutely zero sense honestly. If you make a game full of different LI's, you should always have the option to go for the one of your own choosing. Or atleast that's how I think it should be.

And yeah, she's just an annoying character from everything I've seen thus far. Even if I choose the worst possible dialogue options, she still pushes everything forward.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
That... makes absolutely zero sense honestly. If you make a game full of different LI's, you should always have the option to go for the one of your own choosing. Or atleast that's how I think it should be.

And yeah, she's just an annoying character from everything I've seen thus far. Even if I choose the worst possible dialogue options, she still pushes everything forward.
Well, to be fair the point "mechanic" is 99% useless. You can be in the negatives and everyone is still head over heels for the MC. It's just there to make the player think they actually have a say in something.

Ciaran8023

Jun 4, 2018
Well, to be fair the point "mechanic" is 99% useless. You can be in the negatives and everyone is still head over heels for the MC. It's just there to make the player think they actually have a say in something.
I was wondering what the point (heh) of the point system was, but that's just honestly depressing. If the dev wanted to make a kinetic/railroad novel then he should've just made it like that instead of giving the illusion of choice.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
It's just there to make the player think they actually have a say in something.
Technically it's used to determine which of the ROs are available as picks for the MC at the end of the game. But other than that yes, they have no effect.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I was wondering what the point (heh) of the point system was, but that's just honestly depressing. If the dev wanted to make a kinetic/railroad novel then he should've just made it like that instead of giving the illusion of choice.
I don't see the point either. The hotel screen is no better. It's literally just an info screen. The upgrades and how well the thing is doing all happen as part of the plot. Almost entirely off screen and forgotten. The player can't even pat themselves on the back and say "I have been making some good choices for this place.".

Reactions: Degen Man

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
It has been awhile, but if i remembercorrectly, you will be rewarded for the whole relationship crap ] by a real shocked Pikachu face Nicole, when she learns that MC is really acting upon that open relationship
and then eager to heard about that and later if is on ashley path she wants to see him fucking his "mother". so bitchy and plain weirdo.

Not like all bathtubs are of the same, single size. Soaking tubs can go up to 72" and you could easily fully submerge in one of these.
sure but bathrooms are designed for max ~2 meters bathtubs so unless builds own house where can fit bathtub big enough for fuill size submarine otherwise no and big bathtub outside isn't that nice during winter when there's -30c cold. jacuzzis etc are different thing.

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
Tub in my house hasn't worked in years, less than 6' long from the faucet and was put in at the latest in the 1930s. Shower put in in 1985 or 1986.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
Even when we moved in in 1979, it was all scratchy/corroded because the previous owners had used a drain cleaner wrong (IIRC left it in too long.) By the 90s was only used to bathe pets, by 2000s was leaking and unusable. Still, would make sense for the MC to take showers more often than baths. Bathtubs are much less common now in the US at least.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Even when we moved in in 1979, it was all scratchy/corroded because the previous owners had used a drain cleaner wrong (IIRC left it in too long.) By the 90s was only used to bathe pets, by 2000s was leaking and unusable. Still, would make sense for the MC to take showers more often than baths. Bathtubs are much less common now in the US at least.
poo baby x2.

3.50 star(s) 267 Votes