Mod Ren'Py Sunshine Love [Ch.1 v1.00, Ch.2 v1.01i, & Ch.3 v1.01i] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SL_SM_Cover.jpg

Overview:
In-game mod for Sunshine Love
Multi-mod adds support for save descriptions, choice guide, custom stat screens, custom scene gallery, custom settings, custom fonts and more.
As always if you like the game please show your support for the Developer whose respective links are found below.

*** The latest SanchoMod Core v7b ***
Massive overhaul of core mod with 1,000's of cumulative hours in development

Important: The iPatch is already included, do NOT reinstall it, the mod is a complete package.

Updated: 01-17-2024
Game/Creator: Sunshine Love / Mr Dots Games - -
Modder: Sancho1969 F95
Mod Version: Ch1 v1.00, Ch2 v1.01i, & Ch3 v1.01i
Game Version: Ch1 v1.00 Extras, Ch2 v1.01i Extras, & Ch3 v1.01i Extras
Language: English

Features:
  • Improved aesthetics with animated mod menus/screens, all fully customizable to tailor your personal experience.
  • Too many story branches got you down 'cause you can't remember which of your saves is which? I gotcha covered. Includes the Original SanchoMod save description feature. Often imitated (including the use of my GUI buttons) the SanchoSave is more intelligent and efficient, saving you keystrokes as it autoloads the save slot descriptions and it also allows you to completely escape the process of saving if you wish (I've personally not seen this feature with other imitations). Feature can be toggled on/off anytime as desired.
  • Adds multiple exhaustive stats screens always accessible via the MiniMenu or Options menu. Resizable, toggle-enabled, various formats, and more.
  • Adds in-game walkthrough (ChoiceGuide) noting all variable changes and highlighting important choices. Can be toggled on/off at anytime, play as YOU want to play. You are not forced to view spoilers if you do not wish.
  • Multiple opacity and text sizing options to customize your experience including dialogue boxes, text and fonts, QuickMenu sizing and format versions, and more. All can be toggled on/off as desired, again allowing you even more control to tailor your experience.
  • Adds a custom fully unlocked scene gallery (SanchoGallery) that runs completely independent.
  • Adds professionally coded custom cheats (SanchoCheats) if applicable (varies from port to port).
  • Adds the ability to view multiple scenes (SanchoSplits) if menu choice has a scene/route split (varies from port to port).
  • Toggled iPatch (do not install another patch, one is already included)
  • Sancho's DoughnutNotifier
  • Too many new features to list. Title-specific detailed feature information can be found in this post below.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Installation:
SaveFixer:
(Using SanchoModded saves in an unmodded game)
Change-Log:

Chapter 1
Current revision: 03/06/2022 11:51 CST

Chapter 2
Current revision: 07/23/2023 10:22 CST

Chapter 3
Current revision: 01/17/2024 08:47 CST

SanchoMod GUI/Features
SL SM B06a1.jpg SL SM B06a2.jpg SL SM B06a3.jpg SL SM B06a4.jpg SL SM B06a5a.jpg SL SM B06a5b.jpg SL SM B06a5c.jpg SL SM B06a6.jpg
SL SM B06b1a.jpg SL SM B06b1b.jpg SL SM B06b1c2.jpg SL SM B06b1d.jpg SL SM B06b1e.jpg
Dynamic ChoiceGuide (works with or w/out OEM guide)
SL SM B04k.jpg SL SM B04l.jpg SL SM B03a.jpg SL SM B03b.jpg SL SM B03c.jpg
Sancho's DonutNotifier
SL SM B06c1b.jpg SL SM B06c1.jpg
Mobile Friendly via JoiPlay (non-tech supported) (Pending)
SL SM B06d9d.jpg SL SM B06d9c.jpg

(Screenshot below explains the SanchoMod interface/features)
OTR D01a.jpg
If you enjoy my mods and guides, please consider smashing the "(y)like" to give me support. You won't see links or advertisements in any of my mods, all I ask is for your gratitude if you enjoy my work. Feel free to follow my profile where I post new mods, updates, and status of works-in-progress. If you find this particular mod beneficial and/or enjoyable, consider leaving a proper review so others might benefit from your personal experience. My personal thanks (as always) to the hardworking devs, compressors, and admins. Kindest regards and be well.

For those few scrub code bandits, please see the fine print below.
Special note to a couple wanna-be hack "modders" out there: I know you're stealing my code for your personal monetary gain. Keep it up and I'll call you out publicly with ample evidence.
Always give credit to the rightful creator, show respect, and don't get your hand stuck in the cookie jar.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
VN specific SanchoMod feature details/explanations:

This post will be dynamic over time and is where I will deep-dive into specific areas of the mod that are title-specific to serve as both a FAQ and info for those otherwise curious.

1) Path splitting / recommended save points

Let's work with an example for this explanation. One of the first save point recommendations you'll find with the mod is this screen here (go to Cuz or Church first):​
SL SM B02a.jpg
The first line is always the suggestion to save and the description that you might find useful. Don't worry, I've made Cuz's name dynamic to whatever you named her. The next lines try to give you the most pertinent information of what is gained/lost if a specific split is chosen.​
Now, back to the suggested "save description" feature (again, found in the fist line of the above screen). If the player chooses to save at this screen or the next (only those two screens every time this recommendation scenario occurs in the mod) the save description will be automatically filled with the suggested name. It's is completely optional and can be edited of course. If the player progresses 2 screens past the suggested screen then the suggested description goes away and the default save description is again blank (unless you choose a previous save where it auto-populates that save's description to minimize your keystrokes). In this example these are the two screens where the "suggested description" will auto-populate:​
SL SM B02a.jpg SL SM B02b.jpg
This is the above example of the auto-populated save description (again, fully optional and editable):​
SL SM B02c.jpg
I hope this clarifies this particular feature and you find it useful.​

2) Sancho's Doughnut Notifier:

This is simple but effective imho. This feature is directly linked to the ChoiceGuide toggled feature. In other words the Doughnut Notifier turns on/off in tandem with the ChoiceGuide that way you can choose whether you want to implement it or not (you're never forced to use any part of the mod, it's all about choice).​
Example of a doughnut on the screen with the ChoiceGuide toggled off:​
SL SM B03h.jpg
Example of a doughnut on the screen with the ChoiceGuide toggled on:​
SL SM B03g.jpg
Note: Currently in Week4 some of the doughnut screens are completely white (at least in the current compressed version of the game). This is not the fault of the mod but either developer or the compressor. I've reported the issue here if you're interested in the details.​

3) ChoiceGuide (balance of the OEM and SanchoMod guides):

This became a challenge for me to adapt to being more "user friendly" than I normally code for strictly personal or internal mod releases. I worked with both WT toggles to make them cooperate in a logical fashion. You can choose one of three ways to view the WT's with the mod: 1) No guide at all, 2) OEM guide only, 3) SanchoGuide w/ OEM incorporated. Let's review how these look each then I'll explain how the toggles work with each other.​
1) No guide at all​
SL SM B03b.jpg
2) OEM guide only​
SL SM B03a.jpg
3) SanchoGuide w/ OEM incorporated​
SL SM B03c.jpg
  • If the OEM guide is disabled 1639148814416.png then enabled (regardless of whether the SanchoGuide is enabled/disabled), the mod will initiate #2 (OEM guide only). If the SanchoGuide was previously enabled it will automatically be disabled.
  • If the OEM guide is enabled then disabled the mod will initiate #1 (No guide at all).
  • If the OEM guide is enabled then the SanchoGuide is enabled, the SanchoGuide takes priority and the mod will initiate #3 (SanchoGuide w/ OEM integrated).
  • If the SanchoGuide is enabled then disabled the mod will initiate #1 (No guide at all).
  • Lastly if there's no guide enabled at all (#1) and the SanchoGuide is enabled, obviously the mod initiates #3 as expected.

4) SanchoGallery:
I just know I'm going to get way too many "where the hell is the SanchoGallery?" questions so let's nip that right out of the gate. It's simple really, just click the yellow text in the below screen which is only available while in the Main Menu:​
SL SM B05c.jpg

5) Pending

Current Update FAQ - 05/01/2023

The main newest feature sets within the mod (for those already accustomed to SanchoMod) are the following:
  1. SanchoDiaBox toggle (found in the Options screen). Seamlessly changes from OEM dialogue box to SanchoMod custom. New bonus feature - adjust dialogue font size and dialogue box opacity while in game via [Alt+(ArrowKeys)].
  2. QuickMenu alignment (found in the Options screen). New bonus feature - The alignment changes dynamically depending on whether the OEM or Sancho dialogue box is on screen.
  3. SaveDescription toggle (found in the Options screen)
  4. SanchoAlerts (isolated custom notifications that are completely separated from RenPy's default notifications, toggled on/off along with the normal ChoiceGuide). New bonus feature - now receive alerts of potential scene/path splits as save marker points.
  5. SanchoGallery (improved efficiency and handling of isolated gallery, isolated MC renaming, improved start and ending screen transitions and more). New bonus feature - The "SanchoMod Menu" opacity slider (that normally controls the opacity of the MiniStat screen in-game) now controls the dialogue box opacity while in a scene replay. When back in-game it switches back to it's default of adjusting the MiniStat screen opacity.
  6. SanchoCheats (found via the Options screen). Professionally and properly coded cheats that are rock-solid, including a reset button for stat changes that works intuitively and correctly every time. You asked for it, you got it...cheater.
  7. SanchoHotKeys (in-game only). New Feature! Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity, Lower-case "g" for ChoiceGuide, Lower-case "m" for MiniStat, Lower-case "q" for QuickMenu, Lower-case "s" for medium SanchoStat, Lower-case "o" for SanchoOptions, Lower-case "c" for SanchoCheats. These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots)
  8. QM HoverMode (found in the Options screen). Additional QuickMenu customization that can also be toggled with the appropriate HotKey "q". Described in detail in a post in the mod's thread here.
  9. HotKey "S" Toggle (found in SanchoCheats) (it looked out of place in SanchoOptions where it really needs to be), works in real-time while in-game with no restart required. Toggle allows the HotKey to set to either the default "S" or the alternative "T". While in the "T" variant the user can take RenPy screenshots with the individual "S" key as well as the other multi-key assignments. This feature toggle is saved on a per-save file basis (it will always default to "S" when starting a new game so will have to be set to "T" each new game if that's the preference of the Player. When loading a save where it was previously set to "T" then it will be loaded as such).
  10. SanchoMod Volume Control (found in Preferences). Controls most of the sounds introduced by the mod separately from the VN's mixer.
I'll address each and other VN specific features in detail in this post as needed. I'll update this post periodically with those details and deep-dive into explanations if necessary.

Until then please enjoy and please consider leaving a review, a vote, or both. I'll never ask you for your "donation", I only ask for your appreciation if you enjoy my work. Best regards to you and yours.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Known Issues (issues known but not yet resolved):
  • Currently N/A
Resolved Issues (issues fixed and currently pending next mod update pushed to upload):
  • Currently N/A
Added Features (features coded in and currently pending next mod update being push to upload):
  • Currently N/A

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 When I checked the gallery in the game and your gallery there was one less scene in your gallery,is it missing?
Good morning. Heck I haven't even had time to announce the mod yet. I'll have to check, I surely might have missed one or two as I didn't do a one for one comparison (and should have). I had to type each individually as it's a completely separate gallery written in different code so I might have missed something. I know I got sidetracked when one of the OEM thumbnails was found to be named incorrectly and crashed the whole thing. I'll grab another cup of coffee and check it out. Thanks for the heads-up Blaze.

Edit: I did a quick scan...what do you show missing bud? I show 63 OEM scenes and 63 SanchoGallery scenes.

Last edited:

Balthasar-Gelt

Aug 5, 2021
Good morning. Heck I haven't even had time to announce the mod yet. I'll have to check, I surely might have missed one or two as I didn't do a one for one comparison (and should have). I had to type each individually as it's a completely separate gallery written in different code so I might have missed something. I know I got sidetracked when one of the OEM thumbnails was found to be named incorrectly and crashed the whole thing. I'll grab another cup of coffee and check it out. Thanks for the heads-up Blaze.

Edit: I did a quick scan...what do you show missing bud? I show 63 OEM scenes and 63 SanchoGallery scenes.
I have 64 scenes in my gallery.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I have 64 scenes in my gallery.
Something's really odd here then bud. I'm worked w/ the compressed version as I'm back to a remote area again with limited bandwidth. The OEM replay gallery script has a total of 126 image buttons, 50% of which are the "locked" versions of each leaving 63. I physically count 63 in-game via the OEM scene gallery. Maybe v0.0.8.1 added one? I looked at the changelog and there's no mention of it, but then again there's no mention of any of the issues I've reported either which are rather game breaking (Lily's Wk4 Sex thumbnail hover icon image file being named incorrectly, and the Wk4 doughnut images having many that aren't transparent backgrounds as required).

Balthasar-Gelt

Aug 5, 2021
Something's really odd here then bud. I'm worked w/ the compressed version as I'm back to a remote area again with limited bandwidth. The OEM replay gallery script has a total of 126 image buttons, 50% of which are the "locked" versions of each leaving 63. I physically count 63 in-game via the OEM scene gallery. Maybe v0.0.8.1 added one? I looked at the changelog and there's no mention of it, but then again there's no mention of any of the issues I've reported either which are rather game breaking (Lily's Wk4 Sex thumbnail hover icon image file being named incorrectly, and the Wk4 doughnut images having many that aren't transparent backgrounds as required).
Here I attached all the scenes in my gallery and there are 64 scenes.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Future SanchoNote for folks - Keep your eye on post #2 of this thread for detailed, VN specific feature explanations and information. I'll take you on walks through the weeds to expand on specific processes and potential future expansions. Post #2 is here if you're feeling lazy.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Blazing-Sun , if you get bored please review post #2 and let me know if the title-specific features currently implemented in the mod aren't explained in a clear manner. Thanks bud. Regards.

Spirk

Feb 19, 2018
Sancho1969 - Love your mods and just letting you know there has been an update to the game just in case you were not already aware of it. :)

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 - Love your mods and just letting you know there has been an update to the game just in case you were not already aware of it. :)
Thank you. I'm traveling for another couple of hours but (if it works) sent a command to remote DL it so it should be available to me when I arrive. Note we are on the doorstep of holidays but I'll do my best as always. Appreciate the kind words too.

Reactions: Yorkies

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good afternoon folks. So far this update is mostly grammatical fixes, ambient sound changes, and a few variable tweaks. I'm going through it all now and will post when completed. There's really no new content but I might as well do it now while I'm looking at it since it'll all have to be done at some point anyway. As always I'll keep y'all posted.

Edit: I've finished porting over to the new scripts. Now to compile and test them. Note that at the end of this current version the dev is allowing you to transfer your save in preparation for the next season. I'll make sure the code is solid.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I get this error with a clean install and the mod

View attachment 1562767
Yep, syntax error on my part. DL the below, rename to exactly "04_week4_01.rpyc" and drop it into the "game" folder, overwriting as prompted. That'll get ya done. My apologies, I'll upload a corrective link once back at the workstation. Regards and thanks again for letting me know.

1640474848526.png

Edit: Link in OP is corrected as well. I'll remove the below after you've had a chance to DL and confirm it resolves the issue on your end too.

Last edited:

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
Yep, syntax error on my part. DL the below, rename to exactly "04_week4_01.rpyc" and drop it into the "game" folder, overwriting as prompted. That'll get ya done. My apologies, I'll upload a corrective link once back at the workstation. Regards and thanks again for letting me know.

View attachment 1562851

Edit: Link in OP is corrected as well. I'll remove the below after you've had a chance to DL and confirm it resolves the issue on your end too.
That seems to have fixed the issue, thanks for the quick response and fix, it's much appreciated :)

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
That seems to have fixed the issue, thanks for the quick response and fix, it's much appreciated :)
You're welcome. My apologize for the syntax error, they slip through sometimes and I don't always catch them 100%. Again, I appreciate you bringing it to my attention. Please enjoy and happy holidays to you and yours.

Reactions: weirdscix
May 25, 2017
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label before_main_menu is defined twice, at File "SanchoMod/SanchoMod SunshineLove v0.08.rpyc", line 1203:

and File "zz_ipatch/zz_ipatch.rpyc", line 33:

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.4.6.1693
Sun Jan 9 12:36:00 2022

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes