lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
They might have updated the links to a different version since I downloaded it, I got the links from the original thread here I believe before this thread got created. Either way, on the non-incest version she is a step-sibling that's why people keep calling her that.
I just went to the part where mc dreams about femmc and nicole walks in. In incest version she calls her your sister, but If i turn it off, she becomes childhood friend

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
I just went to the part where mc dreams about femmc and nicole walks in. In incest version she calls her your sister, but If i turn it off, she becomes childhood friend
Yeah in the game she is referred to as childhood friend but she is essentially a step-sister character. I guess she's not technically a step-sister as Gerald and Ashley aren't married but that's essentially the relationship MC has with her and Ashley is basically a step-mom.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Super good start so far, hopefully it continues. Looking forward to a few updates from now when things inevitably progress a little farther with the sister. Only complaint i have is sometimes the text is pretty hard to read over some of the backgrounds.

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
Yeah in the game she is referred to as childhood friend but she is essentially a step-sister character. I guess she's not technically a step-sister as Gerald and Ashley aren't married but that's essentially the relationship MC has with her and Ashley is basically a step-mom.
Oh, this sort of makes sense now. She's not reffered to as "step" in text but people that don't use the patch, assume that she is due to Gerald and Ashleys previous relationship

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
I thought she was the sister's mom, and the sister and MC have the same dad, but not the same mom.
I am confused right now. I've played the substar version only and everything was nice and easy there. FemMC is half-sibling and Ashley is sort of "step-mom". So id on't know about everything else
You are correct. They have the same father, but not the same mom
Coming to the confusion regarding patch, I played the sub star version, patch was enabled and the only person related to MC was the HALF-sister! Ashley was just his father's wife, not related.
Did I do something wrong or this is how the patch is supposed to be?
YEAH - you are all right - my bad - i deleted my post - i was confused
Sis is the daughter of dad, but MC "just" the stepson of mom.

I should get some more sleep - sorry for confusing this time

Reactions: Majima@22

vehemental

Jun 4, 2017
1) +++ for Red vs Blue reference

2) Ivy and Lily's event planning business should be called "Lively" and this is a hill I'm willing to die on

3) Desperately needs proofreading. And dialogue that sounds like things actual people would say, but proofreading would be a good start...

Reactions: truien

magus448

May 22, 2018
Surprised the MC isn't mad at Ashley for deliberately keeping their family from communicating. It's one thing if she didn't want to be talking to Gerald soon after the breakup, but to keep him (and the MC) from seeing/contacting the daugher is fucked up. (playing just now with the MC talking to her at her first reappearance)

Last edited:

Ysbald

Nov 1, 2018
we don't know yet what happened at that time and he has just learned about it but among many other news to take into account. Give him time to process ^^

Fallen Angel Productions

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 16, 2017
there's a mistake in the walkthrough the first mini game in Victoria's track it says
•Cheese
• Breathe naturally
• Maintain focus
but those bottom 2 were for cousins minigame anyone have the answer

MisterL

Sep 17, 2019
Surprised the MC isn't mad at Ashley for deliberately keeping their family from communicating. It's one thing if she didn't want to be talking to Gerald soon after the breakup, but to keep him (and the MC) from seeing/contacting the daugher is fucked up. (just now with the MC talking to her at her first reappearance)
That was something I did wonder myself and was questioning the MCs behaviour towards Ashley, especially why he didn't say anything during the second date, his visit at Ashleys home. I get he wasn't pushing Ashley about her reasons to leave the dad and MC and her motivations in general, but I for myself would at least asked her why she went completley dead silence and forced her daughter too. Probably the answer would have been postponed too, but I somehow missed that the MC didn't mention it at all or at least he would have had "a line of inner thoughts" about it, since this was the reason he couldn't keep his promise for his sister.

I got a answer about this on discord from one of the devs and he told me it's about information the MCs doesn't have yet and information other characters are hiding at this moment of the story. Besides this the MCs prioritites are at this point are more about fixing the friction in his relationsships (sister, girldfriend, dad, stepmom) first than getting answers.

Means that following updates should help to understand the MC and the whole story better and answer some of the players questions about the behaviour of certain characters.

After thinking about it, I caught myself sometimes to expect ther MC to solve problems the way I would do and forget I'm watching the story of another author, who of course tells the story the way he/she planned it. I found it interesting why in some VNs I feel this connection to the MC and expect him to act like I would, especially because thats something I don't experience in mainstream AAA games, but I assume that has something to do with the ability to name the MC after yourself. That's one point of involvement/immersion that I really enjoy since I discovered the AVNs...but this works only as long as the MCs behaviour is reasonable enough otherwise it would break this immersion. That's the reason I'm not able to enjoy all the games available, especially the creepy and stupid teenage dickhead many games feature as MC.

Can't wait how the story of Sunshine Love will continue. So far I did enjoy all the MrDots Games and this one seems to follow this track - good job!

Reactions: Blayo

sahamat

Apr 15, 2018
That was something I did wonder myself and was questioning the MCs behaviour towards Ashley, especially why he didn't say anything during the second date, his visit at Ashleys home. I get he wasn't pushing Ashley about her reasons to leave the dad and MC and her motivations in general, but I for myself would at least asked her why she went completley dead silence and forced her daughter too. Probably the answer would have been postponed too, but I somehow missed that the MC didn't mention it at all or at least he would have had "a line of inner thoughts" about it, since this was the reason he couldn't keep his promise for his sister.

I got a answer about this on discord from one of the devs and he told me it's about information the MCs doesn't have yet and information other characters are hiding at this moment of the story. Besides this the MCs prioritites are at this point are more about fixing the friction in his relationsships (sister, girldfriend, dad, stepmom) first than getting answers.

Means that following updates should help to understand the MC and the whole story better and answer some of the players questions about the behaviour of certain characters.

After thinking about it, I caught myself sometimes to expect ther MC to solve problems the way I would do and forget I'm watching the story of another author, who of course tells the story the way he/she planned it. I found it interesting why in some VNs I feel this connection to the MC and expect him to act like I would, especially because thats something I don't experience in mainstream AAA games, but I assume that has something to do with the ability to name the MC after yourself. That's one point of involvement/immersion that I really enjoy since I discovered the AVNs...but this works only as long as the MCs behaviour is reasonable enough otherwise it would break this immersion. That's the reason I'm not able to enjoy all the games available, especially the creepy and stupid teenage dickhead many games feature as MC.

Can't wait how the story of Sunshine Love will continue. So far I did enjoy all the MrDots Games and this one seems to follow this track - good job!
Bcos he think to fuck Ashley sooner or later … so if he mad for sure he cant fuck her …. :p

Apr 18, 2019
Wow. I didn't expect the first release version be so rich in content. I did expect quality, considering how well made the last VN Melody was, but developers even excelled themselves. Congrats!

The renders are great, the progression has a great pace. Not too fast. I'm happy with the first release version!

Reactions: osirismp

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
As a supporter of Dots in the past who enjoys DMD and most of Melody... I am honestly pretty disappointed with the start of Sunshine Love.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I see where you are coming from with this. Just let me throw a few curves with this.

Reactions: acewinz

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
Good start. Well, the prequel story was it boring, but once we got into new city and met the girls, it became excellent. And speaking of new girls, they were all quite nice looking. Surprisingly hottest was...
Idea of managing hotel, with all kinds of planned activities and especially female only, was interesting.
In the Doughnut gallery, we saw small preview images that were perhaps missing love interests from the Character Info in the game. At least one of them. If I'd have to quess, the black girl will be volleyball player and DmD Daughter lookalike was either same character or other one for some modeling event.

I wasn't happy seeing certain antagonist fro DmD game here, but perhaps his function is to speed up breaking up of the sister and her boyfriend.

Breaking up of the MC and his GF also can't happen fast enough. I got total gold-digger feelings about her.

Main question in the game is, how big harem can we get. I'm especially looking for getting mom, sis and the lolis.
Threesome with twins sounds good exercise too, but not sure if I'd be interested about relationship with them.
Victoria looked great in the earlier scene, but in the scene with he father, her looks got bit worse, face especially.
Personality seemed nice though, so girlfriend material also.

susan4

Sep 11, 2017
Is it me or is anybody ecounter the animation can't be play?? Or I just fck up the setting

Spaceballz

Sep 13, 2017
I mean, his own sister got him to fly far from home by telling him a bunch of tall tales, taking advantage of his current situation to pull him into her own shit, and he doesn't get paid. I wouldn't expect anyone who gets deceived like that to just "man up". Lawyer or not.
Don't get me wrong, like I said, his sister pulled a hell of a crappy move on the MC. Anyone in this situation would be angry, as would I, but you don't react to that by screaming a bunch of crap and then go brood by yourself and ignore the problem. That's how kids do things, you can be angry and still communicate and based on that conversation make your mind about staying or leaving. I mean the dude goes away for a few hours and comes back and hears her plan and gets on board. The melodrama just a bit overplayed a bit. Maybe it's just me that is not built that way, you just don't go a leave in the middle of an argument, then come back and settle things in 5 minutes. You gotta confront people that pulls crap on ya. Also, usually a good lawyer is supposed to be an expert at communicating and having to deal with adversarial individuals. The good ones don't just pick up and leave when a problem occurs. Anyway just my opinion, there's a whole bunch of times during the game where the way people deal with adversity seem a bit unnatural to me.

Spaceballz

Sep 13, 2017
Exactly. I was thinking the same thing. Doesn't seem like like reasonable reactions from family members that love each other and haven't seen each other in 10 years.
Yeah, I got a feeling that the dev wanted to manufacture some adversity, but at some point it got too fast too quick. Sometimes feels unnatural to me. But hey, besides that the games is stellar and I assume that you will be able to settle things up with everyone. That's my hope anyway, don't want to go through fights and arguments for 15-20 updates lol.

3.50 star(s) 267 Votes