Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Just for information:
As the path of "open relationship" has been fully cancelled now, and you all got MrDots official statement, i may reveal what was planned and WHY we had that option of open relation.

Cuck Queen path:
The current relation is frozen, aand Nicole recognized that she is missing something. She thought, she is missing sex with others - of course with other men (she thought). So she suggested open relationship to be able to date other men. She also mentioned NOT to tell any details about sex with other women first. But soon she would start to feel uncomfortable not to know what's going on with MC, but she can't figure out why. She instinctively asks MC about his experiences with other girls. As they agreed to be honest, MC tells her exactly what's going on. Instead of being angry or jealous, Nicole feels excitement by hearing about that, but still she is too confused. Instead of feeling the urge to date other men, she even more wants to know (hear) all details of MC's adventures. Finally she has to admit to herself, that she really has been missing something - but not sex with others (as she thought first), it's more to see the sex of MC with others. She very slowly starts to recognize that she is a cuckqueen. Of course she wants to see MC in action, and carefully works towards that way. MC himself could finally agree to that as he also likes to be watched by someone. Why not been watched by Nicole instead of some stranger? So even Nicole will never get back to a "full relationship", she is nevertheless completely satisfied by fulfilling her role as cuckqueen, while MC is able to date and fuck (or love) any of the girls he wants to.

But anyway:
This possible cuck queen path if off table right now.
There won't be any cuckqueen or anything like that.
For those, who fear any NTR with Sister:
MC will share his sexual experiences with Sis, that's all. Sis will eventually break up with Brodie. There won't be any sexual scene btw Brodie and Sis, or any romantic scene at all.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Gonna be crass about this but the MC needs a rework, BAD. He acts and looks like a huge lesbian.
I'm curious. What personality traits do you attribute to lesbians?

Yes and by doing so makes your complete play through invalid if you would than play this after. That is a great way to give a big fuck you to your fans, right?
So you feel that the game should read the game logs from the previous game, then the developer must allow for the many possible outcomes, not only for Melody, but for DMD, a game that takes place a couple of years earlier, but isn't yet completed?

Its a shared universe. You have to choose one canon ending. In this story Melody makes it as a successful singer, but there are multiple endings to Melody. What if the ending you chose was with Melody's aunt? D makes it as a successful model, but what if in your game she doesn't? Your choice isn't reflected, because the Dev chose the one he wanted to be the ending when making his games.
Most games that have multiple endings will have one that is considered canon if a sequel is made. It is not a big fuck you at all.
Exactly! There has to be one sequel, not five or more. I'm reminded of Diablo II. They had to branch from a completion of Diablo that pretty much ignored the character diversity in the first game.

Ok, first of all an open relationship means that all parties can have sex with other people(Depending on the ground rules set by those involved) and is in now way the only outcome for a relationship that involves three or more people, just saying.
Theoretically, F, D, & Georgina could be in a closed poly-fi triad, but that's unlikely.

Didn't say the contrary I said she was in that kind of relationship with him because he would always chose D first. So if she wanted to date him the only way would be the 3way relationship. Didn't talk about what is or isn't a open relationship.
At some point, perhaps, but in the version I'm playing, Georgina genuinely cares about both F & D. I don't think she considers herself "settling," and definitely wouldn't by the time of SL.

Also if him needing being in an open relationship with Nicole to get with the other girls, and he tells the other girls this, nothing's stopping him dating all of them unless they nope out of it from the get go. There is no "your cheating on me with those other girls" if they know he's already with someone in that kind of relationship. This is a good setup for a "temp harem" till we have to choose later. Not a fan of the sprung up open relationship, but hey silver lining and all that.
I must admit, having an MC to is up-front with being polyamorous, ethically non-monogamous, would be a fresh situation in these games. Most of the time, the MC stumbles into these situations.

She even mentions about finding other people and permanently moving on if it happens. Is that how an open relationship works in her mind. Stay together for now and then move on if they find someone more compatible. Anyway, went in with a clear mind to check those scenes. No ground work was ever laid in my mind to show it was about the MC needs and not about hers. She calls all the shots. I would have to admittedly play the early game also again, to see their interactions more clearly with a fresh mind.
That brought up issues. Though some people are "poly while looking," most who enter into a polyamorous/consensual non-monogamous relationship with an existing partner, the intention is that the core relationship will continue. Despite the best of intentions, this doesn't always happen, unfortunately.

As she was talking about finding someone better I was thinking that the MC has already found at least 6.
Very true. Best not mention it to Nicole, though.

Yeah she is definitely selfish thats all she has done is thought about herself through the entire game.

It does make sense that they would have some kind of sex scenes with Nicole but if they don't I am going to be rather disappointed :(.
Since she exists on the donut gallery, I expect they had some scenes planned that can be turned into pinups.

It wouldn't surprise me if you were right about your 10 dollar bet either.
Hmm... That might be an unnecessary complication. Right now, she's a step cousin, not blood related. Making her step cousin, and half sister would be very complicated.

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
So if we break up, is she out of the story, or are we forced to watch what she is up to (as Jeff said if we are not in a relationship with her, she is free to have sex with anyone)
Yeah I don't really see how that is 3 paths. If the MC breaks up with her then just drop her from the story. And if you want to bring her back just do so towards the end of the story.

Would we really want to see anything going on in her life after breaking up with her anyways. I wouldn't really she would just become another stranger to me.

Unless it was something about missing the MC so much she wanted to get back with him which could be done late in the story and could be a decision for the MC to stay with sis or go back to Nicole. Or even for an Harem route getting Nicole to come down and live with MC and sis and being the Hotels lawyer. Nicole could even help defend them from sis BF's father trying to take the hotel from them.

I just don't really see these as 3 full paths.

Reactions: cib64 and kantigura

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
The premise of Sunshine Love is solid but I really find myself disliking the dialogue. There's such a thing of "less is more". Some of the scenes are dragging on with needless and excessive inner thoughts. Gonna be crass about this but the MC needs a rework, BAD. He acts and looks like a huge lesbian. It is my hope and dream Ivy and/or Lily take him out and give him a makeover and the author takes it as an opportunity to improve this guy altogether. With him being in an open relationship this should move things forward nicely. This would allow for more "content" and move the story forward.
Also the MC is so whiny. How this guy could have the determination and discipline to become a lawyer is beyond me.

And honestly I'm not sure he could actually help his sis save the hotel since he is such a baby. I mean did you hear how much he whined in the garden? :rolleyes:

And what person can't ride a scooter? He can be a lawyer but he can't ride a fucking scooter!!??

Reactions: kymico

Siphon

Aug 18, 2016
Well shit, Maynard, if a cuckquean was the original plan, I rather like that idea.

Too late now, I guess.
It's almost like being open with the players/patrons would have actually worked out for the best, instead of being cryptic for no reason.

Also will anyone even bother to stay on the 'Nicole only' route? It will have basically no scenes so why even spend time developing it? If you guys were smart you'd develop the 'Breakup' route and the 'Cuckquean' route, not keep the one with the least content.

Reactions: cib64 and robobobob

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Well shit, Maynard, if a cuckquean was the original plan, I rather like that idea.

Too late now, I guess.
Well - we told the players to trust and be patient. But the ongoing shitstorm made MrDots to drop that experimental path.
Personally i also likely would have seen the CuckQueen path, as i have never seen it in any VN.
Unfortunately players just want to rage and see NTR chances and they are blind for all other possibilities.

On the one side they complain that everything is vanilla and they have seen everything in some kind for 1000 times, on the other side they fear something new instead of just trust a developer if he says something.

DickoNicko

May 7, 2019
Just for information:
As the path of "open relationship" has been fully cancelled now, and you all got MrDots official statement, i may reveal what was planned and WHY we had that option of open relation.

Cuck Queen path:
The current relation is frozen, aand Nicole recognized that she is missing something. She thought, she is missing sex with others - of course with other men (she thought). So she suggested open relationship to be able to date other men. She also mentioned NOT to tell any details about sex with other women first. But soon she would start to feel uncomfortable not to know what's going on with MC, but she can't figure out why. She instinctively asks MC about his experiences with other girls. As they agreed to be honest, MC tells her exactly what's going on. Instead of being angry or jealous, Nicole feels excitement by hearing about that, but still she is too confused. Instead of feeling the urge to date other men, she even more wants to know (hear) all details of MC's adventures. Finally she has to admit to herself, that she really has been missing something - but not sex with others (as she thought first), it's more to see the sex of MC with others. She very slowly starts to recognize that she is a cuckqueen. Of course she wants to see MC in action, and carefully works towards that way. MC himself could finally agree to that as he also likes to be watched by someone. Why not been watched by Nicole instead of some stranger? So even Nicole will never get back to a "full relationship", she is nevertheless completely satisfied by fulfilling her role as cuckqueen, while MC is able to date and fuck (or love) any of the girls he wants to.

But anyway:
This possible cuck queen path if off table right now.
There won't be any cuckqueen or anything like that.
For those, who fear any NTR with Sister:
MC will share his sexual experiences with Sis, that's all. Sis will eventually break up with Brodie. There won't be any sexual scene btw Brodie and Sis, or any romantic scene at all.
Y'all realize this would've been heaven to players, right? Most people just didn't want to share Nicole, that's all. I'm not sure you guys read the comments, but the issue was the story pointing out a Cuck MC. Instead of taking Cuckqueen story off, y'all could've just said "guys; you will like the aftermath, have a little faith" and the damage control would've been unnecessary.

Reactions: cib64

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Y'all realize this would've been heaven to players, right? Most people just didn't want to share Nicole, that's all. I'm not sure you guys read the comments, but the issue was the story pointing out a Cuck MC. Instead of taking Cuckqueen story off, y'all could've just said "guys; you will like the aftermath, have a little faith" and the damage control would've been unnecessary.
WE DID!!!
We (jeff and i) also dropped the BIG hint for a CuckQueen
We always said there would be no NTR to MC, and Y'all should just trust us.
We also said Nicole will NEVER fuck any other men
Still some idiots over here claimed to know that nicole will fuck others, just because she suggested open relationship
The possibility that the just SAID she want's an open relationship, but she is just unsure and will regret that converstaion soon, you all haven't even thought about!

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
Some of us have no issues with NTR and still would have broken up with her at the first opportunity. This is on MrDots, not us.

Let me explain.

Nicole doubted the relationship from the beginning. At no point from beginning of the story until what is so far completed has she been confident in the relationship, preferring to fluctuate between loving and doubtful constantly. This presented those of us with a God's eye view of what was going on with a picture that wasn't good under any circumstances. The relationship to people who knew everything presented as fact and nothing else would see a dead relationship that would only hinder the story going forward. Add to this the fact that the devs had stated "no ntr" and what do you have left? Boring plot points stacked on boring drama.

"Trust us" and "be patient" mean nothing. It's pointless. If they had trusted the people playing their games enough to let them know what was coming, not only would it have worked out for them better than it has, they'd probably have a higher rating and a ton more players. What resulted was a shit storm that cost them players, trust, and patience.

So, let me reiterate. This is MrDots fault. Not ours.

Edit: And I almost forgot. One of the options was "Cut off all chance with anyone but Nicole. Have fun saving the hotel!" What the fuck is that? Seriously?

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
You aren't affiliated with the project in any way, aside from hosting the fan discord. Maybe the actual developers should have said it themselves.
LOL - you still don't know anything. Of course i am the main administrator of the "unofficial" discord (unofficial -> *COUGH). And the developer team is also over there - and "of course" we don't talk internal at all (*COUGH COUGH)

Actually Jeff Steel IS an official developer and he sayd it also over here.
Besides that, the team is busy with more important stuff than commenting on posts - that's the job of us moderators

DickoNicko

May 7, 2019
WE DID!!!
We (jeff and i) also dropped the BIG hint for a CuckQueen
We always said there would be no NTR to MC, and Y'all should just trust us.
We also said Nicole will NEVER fuck any other men
Still some idiots over here claimed to know that nicole will fuck others, just because she suggested open relationship
I think miscommunication screwed things up, because apparently for a lot of people here "if we don't see it, is not NTR". So for them "not NTR" after that convo between Nicole and MC meant "she gonna do stuff, but you won't see it". That sucks, because my main issue with that call was sharing Nicole. I mean FFS, she and sister haven' t met; not even by video call. If I were Dev's team I would keep cuck queen route, but not going out of the way again to make it look like a cuck MC was going to happen...

Stylebender

Jul 11, 2020
Some of us have no issues with NTR and still would have broken up with her at the first opportunity. This is on MrDots, not us.

Let me explain.

Nicole doubted the relationship from the beginning. At no point from beginning of the story until what is so far completed has she been confident in the relationship, preferring to fluctuate between loving and doubtful constantly. This presented those of us with a God's eye view of what was going on with a picture that wasn't good under any circumstances. The relationship to people who knew everything presented as fact and nothing else would see a dead relationship that would only hinder the story going forward. Add to this the fact that the devs had stated "no ntr" and what do you have left? Boring plot points stacked on boring drama.

"Trust us" and "be patient" mean nothing. It's pointless. If they had trusted the people playing their games enough to let them know what was coming, not only would it have worked out for them better than it has, they'd probably have a higher rating and a ton more players. What resulted was a shit storm that cost them players, trust, and patience.

So, let me reiterate. This is MrDots fault. Not ours.

Edit: And I almost forgot. One of the options was "Cut off all chance with anyone but Nicole. Have fun saving the hotel!" What the fuck is that? Seriously?
They probably lost what maybe 50 players tops? (At least 30 probably don’t sub anyway). That would still have them over 5,000 subs.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
I think miscommunication screwed things up, because apparently for a lot of people here "if we don't see it, is not NTR". So for them "not NTR" after that convo between Nicole and MC meant "she gonna do stuff, but you won't see it". That sucks, because my main issue with that call was sharing Nicole. I mean FFS, she and sister haven' t met; not even by video call. If I were Dev's team I would keep cuck queen route, but not going out of the way again to make it look like a cuck MC was going to happen...
What else could we do as clearly say "There will be NO NTR, and nicole will NOT fuck other men"?

Siphon

Aug 18, 2016
LOL - you still don't know anything. Of course i am the main administrator of the "unofficial" discord (unofficial -> *COUGH). And the developer team is also over there - and "of course" we don't talk internal at all (*COUGH COUGH)
Either take up the role as their PR person or quit acting like their voice. The average user won't know that your discord is frequented by the developers without being told explicitly, they'll just assume you're some obsessive white knight. And even if they do know the degree of separation between you and the project means that anything you say can't be taken as fact.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
They probably lost what maybe 50 players tops? (At least 30 probably don’t sub anyway). That would still have them over 5,000 subs.
I hope that's the case honestly. Other than the Nicole fiasco I am enjoying the game and want it to succeed. But devs blaming players for their own stupidity pisses me off and will definitely piss off other players as well. I would recommend to Hyperserver that he tones it down before he starts driving people away.

3.50 star(s) 270 Votes