tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
For the love of god please add character name change option to the menu.
I forgot one of the twins is named Lily and also named the cousin Lily
and I already restarted once this update.

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
For the love of god please add character name change option to the menu.
I forgot one of the twins is named Lily and also named the cousin Lily
and I already restarted once this update.
you can't rename the twins, but you can rename your couzin.

First off:
I assure you the following mentioned tool is fine and you can use it without hesitation - no malware, no virus, no intrusion or any kind like that.
(I know, you can never be careful enough these days).

DON'T WORRY - it's really extremely simple. As i don't know your skills, i just will explain it as detailed and as useful as i am able to do.
No offence please if you are already skilled - just ignore my lengthy explanation then ;)

That's in details how you do:
Attached below, you get a file "UnRen-Master.zip".
Unzip it (by using 7zip or winrar) and then simple put the new unzipped file into your game's folder where the <gamename>.EXE is located (NOT into the folder named "game").
then run (execute) this UnRen-master.bat file - it's a tool which provides you some RenPy-developer actions.
What you want to do to change the name(s), is to enable the ingame developer console - which would be 3.).
So hit "3" then "ENTER"
After modifying the files that way, you now should be able to open console ingame (You can't see that now)
Leave the tool by simply pressing "ENTER" now again. (or "1" then "ENTER" if you want to use other options too by the tool)
That done, start your Sunshine Love game (or the game you used UnRen on), load your savegame and once you are ingame (and INSIDE your loaded savegame), open the developer-console by pressing "SHIFT + O" (like Open).
Now you can change variables (amongst other things).

In case of your cousin, the surfer girl, just type:
c_name = u'<YourName>'
and confirm it by pressing ENTER

for example:
c_name = u'Lily'

Be careful - everything you type here is CASE-SENSITIVE!
(C-name and c_name would be 2 DIFFERENT variables)

And YES, in this case it's = u'<value>' (the character u is NOT a Typo, it's a part of scripting in Phthon, but to explain that in detail too would be far to off-topic)

NOTE:
c_name is NOT a command, it's the name of the variable chosen by MrDots.
in other games it might be for example:
money = 10000
to cheat you 10000 coins (if the variable name money is used for it of course) - and so on

You can also delete variables if you made a typo:
type: del <NameOfVariable>

Once you are done, exit the console by hitting "ESC" on your keyboard.

PS:
If you want to see a list of all used variables ingame, then open the developer's menu ingame by "SHIFT + D", then klick on "Variable Viewer". Unfortunately there is no shortcut for the Variable Viewer.
Now you should see a list with all used variables. Most of them you can change as mentioned in the console (in case of MrDots, you can edit ALL variables this way - in other RenPy games there may be some Array variables which are not that easy to see in detail and can't be changed that easy, but let's not get into details (easy to change though if you know to script python).

Important NOTE:
This works for ALL RenPy games basicially
, even though there are some few games who are kind of broken and don't start propperly anymore once you activated the console for some reason. Be assured to be safe to UnRen MrDots games, but as for other games by other developers, you should backup your game's folder before changing anything to be sure just in case XD.

Hope this detailed instruction will help you to rename your girl, and maybe the file "UnRen-master.bat" will help you also to solve some further issues with other games.

Merry Christmas

PS:
Turned out to me much longer as i intended, but i tried to explain as detailed as possible what and why to do, as i don't know how deep you got knowledge about computer scripting. So please no offence if i may explained it a bit TOO detailed.

Last edited:
Reactions: pgm_01

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020

First off:
I assure you the following mentioned tool is fine and you can use it without hesitation - no malware, no virus, no intrusion or any kind like that.

DON'T WORRY - it's really extremely simple. As i don't know your skills, i just will explain it as detailed and as useful as i am able to do.
No offence please if you are already skilled - just ignore my lengthy explanation then ;)

Unzip it (by using 7zip or winrar) and then simple put the new unzipped file into your game's folder where the <gamename>.EXE is located (NOT into the folder named "game").
then run (execute) this UnRen-master.bat file - it's a tool which provides you some RenPy-developer actions.
What you want to do to change the name(s), is to enable the ingame developer console - which would be 3.).
So hit "3" then "ENTER"
After modifying the files that way, you now should be able to open console ingame (You can't see that now)
Leave the tool by simply pressing "ENTER" now again. (or "1" then "ENTER" if you want to use other options too by the tool)
That done, start your Sunshine Love game (or the game you used UnRen on), load your savegame and once you are ingame (and INSIDE your loaded savegame), open the developer-console by pressing "SHIFT + O" (like Open).

c_name = u'<YourName>'

for example:
c_name = u'Lily'

And YES, in this case it's = u'<value>' (the character u is NOT a Typo, it's a part of scripting in Phthon, but to explain that in detail too would be far to off-topic)

NOTE:
money = 10000
to cheat you 10000 coins (if the variable name money is used for it of course) - and so on

PS:
If you want to see a list of all used variables ingame, then open the developer's menu ingame by "SHIFT + D", then klick on "Variable Viewer". Unfortunately there is no shortcut for the Variable Viewer.
Now you should see a list with all used variables. Most of them you can change as mentioned in the console (in case of MrDots, you can edit ALL variables this way - in other RenPy games there may be some Array variables which are not that easy to see in detail and can't be changed that easy, but let's not get into details (easy to change though if you know to script python).

Important NOTE:
, even though there are some few games who are kind of broken and don't start propperly anymore once you activated the console for some reason. Be assured to be safe to UnRen MrDots games, but as for other games by other developers, you should backup your game's folder before changing anything to be sure just in case XD.

Hope this detailed instruction will help you to rename your girl, and maybe the file "UnRen-master.bat" will help you also to solve some further issues with other games.

Merry Christmas

PS:
Turned out to me much longer as i intended, but i tried to explain as detailed as possible what and why to do, as i don't know how deep you got knowledge about computer scripting. So please no offence if i may explained it a bit TOO detailed.
OMG NO WAY YOU CAN'T RENAME THE TWIN HOLY COW I TOTALLY DIDN'T KNOW THAT ALREADY BY LITERALLY JUST REPLAYING THE WHOLE GAME(Ok, that a little exaggeration, but I did manage to get back to the wedding before I noticed that I had two characters named Lily) AS I SAID.

But also,
1640535203318.png
(Ok, I know I'm being extra snarky and you're really just trying to be helpful. I appreciate it, but that's just too much for me to do with the ammount I care about this game.)

I'd rather just wait for a button, or give myself til next update to not be mad at myself for doing this and starting over again next update.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
OMG NO WAY YOU CAN'T RENAME THE TWIN HOLY COW I TOTALLY DIDN'T KNOW THAT ALREADY BY LITERALLY JUST REPLAYING THE WHOLE GAME(Ok, that a little exaggeration, but I did manage to get back to the wedding before I noticed that I had two characters named Lily) AS I SAID.

But also,
View attachment 1563964
(Ok, I know I'm being extra snarky and you're really just trying to be helpful. I appreciate it, but that's just too much for me to do with the ammount I care about this game.)

I'd rather just wait for a button, or give myself til next update to not be mad at myself for doing this and starting over again next update.
well ...
technically you can ↓↓↓ :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

rename.png

Reactions: tigerdiamond

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
0x52_URM cheats (WIP)

points /some variables

Screenshot_1.png

choices detection/outcome

choice.png

extract attached file to *\game folder
!always save before edit!

open mod with alt+m
click the little open folder icon right upper
load a .urm file

how to use : Link

Rename (nearly) everyone,watch this tut ->>

create your own "gallery" (label search) how to --> Link

i recommend always to play the game one time without cheats to understand gamemechanics

mod should work with future updates

this mod does not modify any game files

!use at own risk! - dont complain to dev´s /modder about broken saves/gamestates
(look for a updated 0x52_urm.rpa file every month or 2 at link above, thanks to 0x52
if you like the URM Mod consider support 0x52 -->
)

Reactions: 0x52

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021

First off:

So hit "3" then "ENTER"

c_name = u'<YourName>'

for example:
c_name = u'Lily'

NOTE:
money = 10000

PS:

Important NOTE:

Merry Christmas

PS:
bet that i can rename them without this all hassle ;) :ROFLMAO:

rename.png

Screenshot_2.png Screenshot_3.png Screenshot_4.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 0x52

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
quiet risky to use this mod as this mod changes hardcodings (like search and replace in script code) - this might fuck up your whole game.
For example if you use it to change "mom" to "anne", it might end in "...she can come in any anneent" (instead of "...moment")
That's why i prefer the oldschool - and apply changes myself with console.
Btw is using unren and opening the console much easier than it seems in my post, as i wrote that post for people who quiet don't know what they are doing XD

Last edited:

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018

But also,
View attachment 1563964

Thanks for your reaction.

SORRY, that i tried to explain UnRen for dummies (in detail)

Next time i just answer: "Use UnRen"

or even better:

Sorry if you are so dumb - others ARE able to rename.

People with your reaction are the reason people don't even try to help anymore - sorry dude

Oh - btw: i really doubt there will be any button to rename all characters, as this need a chenge of the whole codings and way the text is written. So either you get lucky and some modder will do that, or you might wait forever XD

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
quiet risky to use this mod as this mod changes hardcodings (like search and replace in script code) - this might fuck up your whole game.
For example if you use it to change "mom" to "anne", it might end in "...she can come in any anneent" (instead of "...moment")
That's why i prefer the oldschool - and apply changes myself with console.
Btw is using unren and opening the console much easier than it seems in my post, as i wrote that post for people who quiet don't know what they are doing XD
nope this mod does not - thats the point of it ;)
i stores the changings in seperate files ( .urm) - at no point it changes any scripts
if you delete this mod - the changes are gone , and no need to redownload/install the game
(like with wt-mod´s)

and this is not possible
cause the mod searches for names, not any word with "mom" in it

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
nope this mod does not - thats the point of it ;)
i stores the changings in seperate files ( .urm) - at no point it changes any scripts
if you delete this mod - the changes are gone , and no need to redownload/install the game
(like with wt-mod´s)

and this is not possible
cause the mod searches for names not any word with "mom" in it

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
right: search and replace - as i said - it can't be otherwise as else you will not be able to change Names in hardcoded text. But each way - this is going to be off-topic.
And as you see, the Requester for help doesn't even mind to say "thank you" instead attacked for giving too much text. So i don't care about that anyways - we both know how to change names, the one way or the other - more i don't care about.

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021

or even better:

People with your reaction are the reason people don't even try to help anymore - sorry dude

Oh - btw: i really doubt there will be any button to rename all characters, as this need a chenge of the whole codings and way the text is written. So either you get lucky and some modder will do that, or you might wait forever XD
im sure tiger is quite capable of this lol

risky statement of yours ...

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
im sure tiger is quite capable of this lol

risky statement of yours ...
the statement is not only for him/her - a forum should be written for all users. And as you know there are quiet a few people reading over here who didn't even anything like that before and don't know much about computers - so i explained it as detailed as i could.

Last edited:

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020

or even better:

Not only did you misunderstand my original request, you decided to get extra butthurt even thought I said I was sorry for being so snarky.

I wasn't asking to be able to "rename ALL of the characters"
I was asking for a button to re-name the characters we already get to name after the initial naming.

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
right: search and replace - as i said - it can't be otherwise as else you will not be able to change Names in hardcoded text. But each way - this is going to be off-topic.
And as you see, the Requester for help doesn't even mind to say "thank you" instead attacked for giving too much text. So i don't care about that anyways - we both know how to change names, the one way or the other - more i don't care about.
Actually, I literally did in fact say "...appreciate it, but that's just too much for me to do with the ammount I care about this game."

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I'm sorry, but you are quite wrong about this. Ren'Py has a text replacement filter (a function) for that. It can replace dialog text, hardcoded into the script files, before it gets displayed in real time, without changing any of the original files. I'm absolutely sure that this mod is using that filter instead of replacing text in the original files, as that would be quite destructive.

Which method you decide to use to search through dialog lines and replace found matches is up to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meushi
3.50 star(s) 267 Votes