VN Ren'Py Abandoned Sunshine Valley [v0.1] [Rehex]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Gildan

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2017
If it was really that original, it wouldn't get compared though, would it? :unsure:
Have you tried the game? I think youll find it to be different. I think a lot of people only look at the art style and decide the game is the same when thats not the case.

Btw how many 3dcg games look similar to one another? 90% of them do. I'm not sure why it matters so much here. Eitherway; we take the comparison as a compliment and we think people who try it will find it to be a different (and hopefully enjoyable) experience.

Thanks for the feedback.

Sniper010

Jul 17, 2018
Have you tried the game? I think youll find it to be different. I think a lot of people only look at the art style and decide the game is the same when thats not the case.

Btw how many 3dcg games look similar to one another? 90% of them do. I'm not sure why it matters so much here. Eitherway; we take the comparison as a compliment and we think people who try it will find it to be a different (and hopefully enjoyable) experience.

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for the feedback.
Your game is beautiful when the next update is available ?

Gildan

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2017
Your game is beautiful when the next update is available ?
Myself(programmer) and Willy(artist) both work full time IRL so we work on Sunshine Valley in our free time. This means it could take 1-2 months before another update especially if we go back and fix some 0.1 stuff based on feedback. For v0.1 we took a 2week vacation from work and full-time'd SV for those couple weeks. In the end it took 1.5-2 months total though because during IRL -work the process slowed a lot. Getting Willy on part-time would be huge. So hopefully we reach our patreon goal to work on SV part-time or even full-time eventually. With that said; once we've created a lot of assets for the first time, it should speed up updates later on as we wont need to redraw all faces and bodies again.
any good content??
It contains 1 h-scene and about 25mins of story/game atm. No grind or paths so getting to hscene is as fast as you want it to be (skipping dialogue). Though i'd recommend not skipping the story because imo relationships between characters make the incest h-scenes better otherwise its just two ppl sleeping together.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Proportions are a bit off, like the handjob preview pic looks kind of weird (girl's arm is super thin, her head looks like it grew bigger, the way her hand wraps around his dick is weird, the perspective on the dude's dick is off, his hips and thighs are off, it's a lot). Game could have potential. Don't like the fact that it's another SS clone (not just in terms of the art style, but like palette choices, linework, etc.). But it seems like the devs are in it for the long haul so good luck to them.

Reactions: Count_Chocula

irezawa

Nov 4, 2017
Art style looks like it's heavily inspired by Summertime Saga but the result is absolutely horrible. It's a shame because I actually like the setting. If this ever makes any Patreon money, first investment should be hiring an artist.

Gildan

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2017
So much games like this are created
Really? When I look at F95's games list 95% of it is 3DCG with Daz models. I think very few games go with 2DCG which is a shame cause that's my favorite. Unless you mean gameplay wise in which case yes this is another renpy game. And currently the gameplay is very linear indeed. But I hope that you give it a try so you can see the story aspect of it. I think the story is at, and going, in an original direction. (See my detailed story post earlier in this thread).

Art style looks like it's heavily inspired by Summertime Saga but the result is absolutely horrible. It's a shame because I actually like the setting. If this ever makes any Patreon money, first investment should be hiring an artist.
We already have an artist. Willy isn't working as an artist professionally but he has a lot of experience. We will be taking in the feedback here and improving upon the art. He is able to adapt based on feedback and i'm sure you'll see the results of that in the next update. In the mean time if you have some more specific feedback i'd love to know what part of it is "horrible". For example if we look at a character and background, i'd appreciate it if you could point out which aspects of it are horrible:

I will pass along the feedback to my friend Willy. Thanks!

Count_Chocula

Jul 20, 2017
Always excited to have more games of this genre! I think overall, the art looks good. Especially the character who I’m assuming is the mom. She looks great in her standing portrait art, but a little weird in that driving preview image.

In my opinion, the other characters are just okay. I hate to say it, but they really don’t look good enough to make me want to pick up the game. Especially the short-hair girl just doesn’t seem to be pretty/feminine enough to really make me excited for this game.

I think if everything was on the same level as mom’s standing art, this would be a hell of a game that I’d be excited to see development continue on.

Gildan

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2017
I swear it must suck ass being a game dev lol Instead of feedback you get brainlets spamming the thread talking about another game. I have no idea why this annoyed me more than it should.:ROFLMAO:
Do you have any plans to add pregnancy?
Yea it is unfortunate that some people prefer to comment on a game instead of giving it a try first. I think it would change their perspectives. But we knew this could happen. I've some other game releases and their comments were also pretty bad. Best thing to do is just absorb real feedback and keep on working.

Pregnancy: No immediate plans. We have a lot of characters and relationships we still need to introduce as well as some basic fetishes to cover. Pregnancy is a complicated fetish to handle because it may change the character's replies/locations/art in ways that can easily cause bugs or other issues. So for the time being i'd prefer to stay away from it. Sorry.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Really? When I look at F95's games list 95% of it is 3DCG with Daz models. I think very few games go with 2DCG which is a shame cause that's my favorite. Unless you mean gameplay wise in which case yes this is another renpy game. And currently the gameplay is very linear indeed. But I hope that you give it a try so you can see the story aspect of it. I think the story is at, and going, in an original direction. (See my detailed story post earlier in this thread).

We already have an artist. Willy isn't working as an artist professionally but he has a lot of experience. We will be taking in the feedback here and improving upon the art. He is able to adapt based on feedback and i'm sure you'll see the results of that in the next update. In the mean time if you have some more specific feedback i'd love to know what part of it is "horrible". For example if we look at a character and background, i'd appreciate it if you could point out which aspects of it are horrible:

I will pass along the feedback to my friend Willy. Thanks!
When people are saying that "there are too many games like this" they don't mean the fact that it's 2DCG. I specifically mentioned palette choice and linework. If I were being honest I would have mentioned that the MC's shirt pretty much looks like a mirrored version of the white tee the MC in SS wears. The lines are eerily similar. Actually, I just took another look and even the SHADOWS on the shirt are in the exact same spots.

There are a ton of 2DCG games, dating sims included, that never get compared to SS, so you're either willfully ignoring criticism or missing the point. No one is criticizing you for making a 2D game, and the good 2D games do much better than the DAZ clones with the same stock characters monetarily. I was gonna make a long list of 2D games, but I'll just list 2 big recent ones that have a similar premise to SS but do something different with the formula: Sex Note and Taffy Tales. People are just very wary of games that look too similar to a successful game, especially if the quality is lower. So you would do well to differentiate yourselves in some significant way, and take criticism about the art to heart.

Responses to criticism like the first paragraph you wrote here won't win you many fans. Also I wrote a very specific criticism to the art that you might have missed just 5 posts above the one you quoted. Once again, I wish you guys luck and hope you use any criticism you get to make something great.

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes