VN Ren'Py Abandoned Sunshine Valley [v0.1] [Rehex]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

LewdTheLolis

Friendly Neighborhood Lolilewder
Oct 1, 2018
Thanks! Story wise (spoilers): mc will wake up in hospital with two broken arms (inspired by the reddit story). He saved his mother and he cant use his arms for awhile so she will owe big time ;)
The hospital scene will also have a h-scene. After the hospital scene we will finally head home and show the house and players will get the freedom to move around the house for the first time. We wanted the intro to be very linear for setting up the story.

Non-story plans: Keep working on it in our free time and hopefully people enjoy it enough to support it. It's a learning experience and we plan on going back and fixing issues brought to our attention via feedback.
just a word of advice you can actually make a SPOILER tag like this

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

just in case you really want to make it a spoiler

Other then that the game looks good and I cannot wait to see more from it. Best of luck with it

Reactions: Gildan

JustNotFatal

Apr 27, 2017
Normally I wouldn't judge a game that's only at a first release since I find it unfair. However, I really do find the art ugly and rough. The one girl "Hannah" I think just looks like a goblin. The other two could probably be fixed with some proportion adjustments (The noses). The MC is okay but kinda suffers sometimes from odd proportions himself, the chin in the tent scene as example.

The premise okay but I have no idea if being nannied will be interesting regardless of the foreseeable sexual nature of it. I fractured my thumb (still had to have my arm in a full cast) in HS and it was not a good 6 months.

Edit: changed a word so the post made sense.

Last edited:

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
Я буду выпускать два обновления в год, обещая все на свете. После того, как я смогу наконец-то позволить себе жить за пределами России, я откажусь от проекта и, наконец, стану свободным.
whut dis?

LewdTheLolis

Friendly Neighborhood Lolilewder
Oct 1, 2018
The game looks great! However, it won't run for me. It just won't open at all. I'm on Mac if that helps.
yeah the problem with this is that it's not really a good Mac build for this

the SunshineValley.app directory doesn't have the `autorun` folder it needs and the files in there for it to run

EDIT: Here is my Mac build of the game v0.1 SupermanikSol if you want to try it and see if that works

word of warning I don't have a machine to test this on so I'm not sure if it works but it should, all 'ye who download be warned

Last edited:
Reactions: SupermanikSol

WBWB

Jul 8, 2017
It's not the usual directory structure for a Mac release, but it ran just fine nevertheless.

D

Deleted member 1388186

I really like the art so far the designs are top notch and the facial animations are a nice touch, makes the characters seem more lively. Good start looking forward to seeing more.

Reactions: Gildan

Mirso

Apr 1, 2019
The game looks fine and all, yeah the art is not the best, but look its a experiment, remember Summertimesaga had shit pitchers too, but then he refixed alot,

So give the Creator some time maby he will fix the pitchers later.

I just wonder how long we have to wait for new update? will it be weekly or monthly or yearly? So i know if i should support or wait with it.

UrchinHank

Oct 21, 2017
Я буду выпускать два обновления в год, обещая все на свете. После того, как я смогу наконец-то позволить себе жить за пределами России, я откажусь от проекта и, наконец, стану свободным.
[Gender neutral] Dude, that's awesome. I never thought my кириллица knowledge would come in so useful.
Hilarious!

Gildan

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2017
The game looks great! However, it won't run for me. It just won't open at all. I'm on Mac if that helps.
Sorry. I dont currently have access to a mac or mac vm so I couldnt test that particular build. I also never owned a mac so that's an environment I need to get use to.

I will try to get a mac setup and then learn how the autorun works so that it launches out of the box. Luckily you got working in the end thanks to his edit.

The game looks fine and all, yeah the art is not the best, but look its a experiment, remember Summertimesaga had shit pitchers too, but then he refixed alot,

So give the Creator some time maby he will fix the pitchers later.

I just wonder how long we have to wait for new update? will it be weekly or monthly or yearly? So i know if i should support or wait with it.
Myself(programmer) and Willy(artist) both work full time IRL so we work on Sunshine Valley in our free time. This means it could take 1-2 months before another update especially if we go back and fix some 0.1 stuff based on feedback. For v0.1 we took a 2week vacation from work and full-time'd SV for those couple weeks. In the end it took 1.5-2 months total though because during IRL -work the process slowed a lot. Getting Willy on part-time would be huge. So hopefully we reach our patreon goal to work on SV part-time or even full-time eventually. With that said; once we've created a lot of assets for the first time, it should speed up updates later on as we wont need to redraw all faces and bodies again.

Last edited:

Turkis

Jul 17, 2017
Seems interesting. I'll wait for a few updates to see where you'll take us, hoping for the best.

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes