3.20 star(s) 5 Votes

ReinaTekken

Jul 4, 2018
Is anyone actually working on a translation or are we stuck with the MTL? I have waited for this game for a while I am going to donate to the devs because this type of content is rare and very hard to get right but excessM does a great job. I really hope someone gives this the translation it deserves you will have our thanks and hopefully the website moderators give you a translator title and some sort of privilege or reward to thank you for your much appreciated effort.

Reactions: MacTastic9

SupremeVictor

Aug 7, 2018
You can dodge an attack multiple times to raise your chance meter higher and score more hits. When your chance meter is full, your next attack will be your "star punch" or uppercut.

Last edited:
Reactions: YHL and MacTastic9
Nov 22, 2020
i found a super cheaty way to progress for using mouse: literally just dodge left and right as fast as you can, you take no damage and the chance meter fills up almost instantly, when it does do strong punch.
literally what I did once that one chick came back and spammed that side kick combo on me

Nov 22, 2020

"Next time I'll make a boxing style short game."

<Summary>
- Reverse Ryona
- There are 3 enemies
- Short story (play time about 30 minutes)
- Punch-chat motif (especially the Wii version?)
- 3-digit price
- Each edit is not included this time (you can freely choose your opponent) (I'll include what I can decide)
・I won't add more characters by reusing graphics this time.

Guys, the reason why the game feels short it's because IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A SHORT GAME. :/
he told us what we would be getting long ago im just happy he still making games

HQQ

Aug 10, 2018
I tried to get XUnity translator to work with DeepL, but it seems Reipatcher is the only method that can translate the game, Bepln and Melon don't work.

Reipatcher, however, seems to be unable to get translation from DeepL. But you can change it from GoogleV2 to Papago for a better experience.

If someone can tell me how to get a DeepL translation for this using an auto translator, I'll forever grateful!

EDIT: I heard it works if you use the DeepL API version that's having a free trial, but only for certains countries. I'm not in any of them so fuck me I guess. At least Papago's good.

Last edited:

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
It is a auto translator, which means you got to wait for the text to actually catch up as it translates it as you see it. Honestly the worst kind of MTL and its very poor. So far the game has been a let down in my opinion. :(
Thank you for the heads up. I've played it several times since posting and notice more and more of it is getting translated. Is there a way to make it translate faster such as leaving it open all night?

In case you guys missed it and the translation is bad, here's an official post on achievements:

Thank you so much for posting this. I got stuck on #10 since it hasn't translated yet.

Finally, got the game to 100%. The 50 missions were fucking painful, especially mission 28.
Damn, you are as dedicated as the MC in the game. And to complete every fight on release day is nothing short of impressive.

s33d0t

Dec 31, 2019
Can't seem to get the MTL to work. Have I become a Boomer? Just hitting the patch and run shortcut should do the trick right?

Xbob1

Jul 13, 2020
Thank you for the heads up. I've played it several times since posting and notice more and more of it is getting translated. Is there a way to make it translate faster such as leaving it open all night?

Thank you so much for posting this. I got stuck on #10 since it hasn't translated yet.

Damn, you are as dedicated as the MC in the game. And to complete every fight on release day is nothing short of impressive.
There is no way to speed it up from at least what I have found. I had to wait like roughly 5 seconds every new piece of text so that the translator could catch up but I gave up on the plot after the Walnut betting scene or whatever. I have deleted the game and I guess I will just wait for a actual translation if it ever happens. The text actually has to be visible on the screen, so if you don't see it then it won't translate which means leaving it open will only translate whatever is currently visible. Like I said, worst kind of MTL.

It's what completely stopped me from playing Minas Canary because you either slowly wait for a terrible first draft translation of each piece of text or you skip it and I don't want to do either but that game still isn't translated :/

Deleted member 3931217

Jul 15, 2021
Nobody cares to attempt a translation anymore. Just MTL gobbledygook that at best gives you a vague idea what the writer is trying to convey and at worst is complete nonsense.
Really is a shame because there is 0 appeal to me to playing these games without a real translation.
Its not that "nobody cares", translations take a long time to make and 99% of the time, the translator is working for free. Then you also have to test the game to see if your translation breaks the game. So for a lot of people its not worth it to spend that time for nothing.

Feb 6, 2019
Excessm mentioned that there will be new enemies and a new mode in future updates:

DeepL translation:

[Flash Report] Super Punch Boy: Additional Updates
This is an article about the latest "Super Punch Boy" in 23 years.

In addition to bug fixes and balance adjustment updates, the following content will be added to the game,
In addition to bug fixes and balance adjustment updates, the following contents will be added

Additional enemy characters

Implementation of the challenging "Extreme Tour Mode

Progress of additional updates will be posted irregularly as in the past.
We will continue to post progress and other information on additional updates on an irregular basis as before. Thank you for your understanding.

The concept of "Extreme Tour Mode

The idea of "Extreme Tour Mode" is to imitate one of the modes of a certain home video game that the creator likes.
 It is an imitation of one mode of a certain home video game that the creator likes to play. It would be awesome if you could figure out where the ↓.

It will be a game with a growth element.

It will grow intuitive parameters such as attack power, defense power, HP, etc.

Section 1] First, choose one of the three stages.
      Each of them will be a battle with various conditions.

Section 2] There is a store part where you purchase items.

Section 3] You will fight against enemies. If you win, you will get loot.
        Return to Section 1.

HP is carried over, and you have to buy special items in the item purchase section to recover.
 You have to buy special items in the item purchase section to recover.

The more items you buy, the more expensive they become.

Some of the items for sale include items that "make the player advance 8 stages" and "growth items".
 Some of the items for sale are "growth items" or items that "make you advance 8 stages".

The further you advance, the stronger the enemies become.

When you "return" to the game, you will start from the beginning of the stage, but you will be able to carry over the growth elements and other loot.
 You can carry over the loot from one stage to another.

Yes...it mimics the Shura mode in the Samurai Warriors series.
 (I love that mode...).
 The characters we plan to add will also appear in this mode.

Teaser of the new upcoming enemy is below:

lnppo

Jun 23, 2018
Its not that "nobody cares", translations take a long time to make and 99% of the time, the translator is working for free. Then you also have to test the game to see if your translation breaks the game. So for a lot of people its not worth it to spend that time for nothing.
Fine, nobody cares enough to attempt a translation.

Xbob1

Jul 13, 2020
The real problem right now is that the people expected to do the translations are now taking breaks or stopped working. New people new to take up the torch and also MTL translations encourage lazy behaviour because most people are like "good enough"

I would try translation myself but I don't speak a single bit of Japanese.

oreaimi

Sep 17, 2023
Excessm mentioned that there will be new enemies and a new mode in future updates:

DeepL translation:

[Flash Report] Super Punch Boy: Additional Updates
This is an article about the latest "Super Punch Boy" in 23 years.

In addition to bug fixes and balance adjustment updates, the following content will be added to the game,
In addition to bug fixes and balance adjustment updates, the following contents will be added

Additional enemy characters

Implementation of the challenging "Extreme Tour Mode

Progress of additional updates will be posted irregularly as in the past.
We will continue to post progress and other information on additional updates on an irregular basis as before. Thank you for your understanding.

The concept of "Extreme Tour Mode

The idea of "Extreme Tour Mode" is to imitate one of the modes of a certain home video game that the creator likes.
 It is an imitation of one mode of a certain home video game that the creator likes to play. It would be awesome if you could figure out where the ↓.

It will be a game with a growth element.

It will grow intuitive parameters such as attack power, defense power, HP, etc.

Section 1] First, choose one of the three stages.
      Each of them will be a battle with various conditions.

Section 2] There is a store part where you purchase items.

Section 3] You will fight against enemies. If you win, you will get loot.
        Return to Section 1.

HP is carried over, and you have to buy special items in the item purchase section to recover.
 You have to buy special items in the item purchase section to recover.

The more items you buy, the more expensive they become.

Some of the items for sale include items that "make the player advance 8 stages" and "growth items".
 Some of the items for sale are "growth items" or items that "make you advance 8 stages".

The further you advance, the stronger the enemies become.

When you "return" to the game, you will start from the beginning of the stage, but you will be able to carry over the growth elements and other loot.
 You can carry over the loot from one stage to another.

Yes...it mimics the Shura mode in the Samurai Warriors series.
 (I love that mode...).
 The characters we plan to add will also appear in this mode.

Teaser of the new upcoming enemy is below:
i'm glad there's more to come for this game, can't wait to try out the new mode!

3.20 star(s) 5 Votes