NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
very flat and some choices matter a bit and some choices lead to lewdscene and some lead to goodnight.
There are some things in the code that don't make sense or have had no impact so far. Early in the game, it seemed like it was set up that you could either romance or corrupt the girls by either being a dick or treating them sweetly but neither choice has had much of an impact that I have noticed. Maybe it was just a joke that went over my head because there are a lot of school-based games that use that dynamic.

Jan 26, 2022
I think mine might be bugged because I get no smarter no matter how many times I've studied with... er, whatsername. I'm still at 0. Meanwhile I'm getting more swole every time I work out with the gymnast.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I think mine might be bugged because I get no smarter no matter how many times I've studied with... er, whatsername. I'm still at 0. Meanwhile I'm getting more swole every time I work out with the gymnast.
I don't know how that is possible, unless you messed with something or a mod did.

I suggest restarting and follow the walkthrough from the OP, you can use CTRL to fast forward through dialogue you have seen, or right click the word "skip" to jump to the next choice.

Three Pump

Apr 1, 2021
I'm curious about power interactions. They talked about the possibility of conflicting powers causing damage but do they work in synergy? If Riley's power fizzled before Ellie's power kicked in does that mean he can only use one at a time or that his ability to move greater mass with Ellie's power doesn't affect his limit with Riley's power? Or he just hasn't learned how to make them work together yet? Could he combine Harper's and Lovestruck's power to zap people at a distance without having to aim?

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I'm curious about power interactions. They talked about the possibility of conflicting powers causing damage but do they work in synergy? If Riley's power fizzled before Ellie's power kicked in does that mean he can only use one at a time or that his ability to move greater mass with Ellie's power doesn't affect his limit with Riley's power? Or he just hasn't learned how to make them work together yet? Could he combine Harper's and Lovestruck's power to zap people at a distance without having to aim?
It probably means that it is a dual-edged sword. He could conceivably use the powers to deliver combo attacks or unknowingly use powers that cancel each other out. An example I can think of using the powers he has is that he could figure out a way to use the "invisible hands" of Harper's telekinesis to deliver Riley's momentum powers or he could fuck up and use Riley and Chry's powers to sink to the center of the earth.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

Gamer_01

Dec 16, 2019
It probably means that it is a dual-edged sword. He could conceivably use the powers to deliver combo attacks or unknowingly use powers that cancel each other out. An example I can think of using the powers he has is that he could figure out a way to use the "invisible hands" of Harper's telekinesis to deliver Riley's momentum powers or he could fuck up and use Riley and Chry's powers to sink to the center of the earth.
On the other hand Riley can fly, so... He could combine Riley's flight and Chrys' phasing* in order to fly through a fifth story wall, save someone**, and phase out the other side with them***.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Knight of Solace, Three Pump

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
On the other hand Riley can fly, so... He could combine Riley's flight and Chrys' phasing* in order to fly through a fifth story wall, save someone**, and phase out the other side with them***.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Knight of Solace, Three Pump
Conceivably. There are a lot of potentially beneficial applications and a lot of opportunities to fuck up. Like being stuck both invisible and intangible. He would basically just be a disembodied voice. Then again, that would be a pretty awesome way to spy on somebody or just fuck with them. Like being Ebenezer Scrooge if you could just interject and tell Tiny Tim to go fuck himself.

jasont123

Aug 14, 2020

Hey everyone,
Well, with the power reveal out there's been only one topic that you all have been wanting more information on and that is:

What the hell is the Sandbox Overhaul?

Here we go. I'm going to answer some of the most frequently asked questions about it here, although I will be putting together its own roadmap further down the line and pinning that to a channel in the Discord. Let's dive in.

What does the Sandbox Overhaul mean for Version 1.250?

Very little! For the next update of the game, my priority is just catching up Chrys and Valentina's stories with the current content (the power reveal event). As such, for the immediate upcoming version, they're going to be the focus of the content until I am satisfied with their story progress. The power reveal event is a major development in the game's story, and their own personal stories are going to feel disjointed unless they start commenting on it soon.

Why is the main story on hold? What does that mean?

Here's a popular question.
The next event in the main story will be the interview with Kelly. You'll know when we leave the Sandbox Overhaul because that event will become accessible. Kelly's interview signals a change in the scope of the story. Instead of focusing 100% on the Academy, it will shift to 80% on the Academy and roughly 20% on Nierhaven as a city. This will also trigger future events that will introduce the rest of the cast, including the other super villains you have yet to meet.
This is a big change, but I think it's appropriate given the protagonist's accomplishments and his new knowledge of his powers. That said, a lot of setup has to go into introducing all of these new characters, and that setup has to be done now. Moreover, I also need to take some time to update my rendering software and acquire new assets to finish building some of these characters.
One of the major reasons I need to put the main story on hiatus is because, if I were to trigger the interview event now, I would be stuck waiting for assets anyway while frantically trying to build the foundation of the new plot along with the plot itself. That's too much juggling to keep the quality consistent.
What will be done to the Sandbox? Will save files be transferable?
Nothing I'm doing to the sandbox should corrupt save files, so they should all be compatible going forward. The only minor hiccup would be the changes I am planning with music, but you can just hit "continue" past the error message and the game will load fine in that scenario. We've done something like that before.
Superheroes Suck was always meant to be a Sandbox title, but the purpose of the Sandbox is different from an "open world" game. Much like the coffee/tea preferences, the purpose of the Sandbox is to make the game world feel more personable, alive, and interactable. Right now, it doesn't do any of those things well, and it has become a drag on the overall quality of the game. I do play through Superheroes Suck, and it's quite painful for me to look at all of my old work.
So, bit by bit, I am going to add functionality and large amounts of content to the game's sandbox. This will take a long time, but I know that it's the right thing to do for the game's health. I can also add the foundation I need to the main story during this process, because there are some details I've been meaning to add at earlier periods of the story, and this is the best opportunity that I am going to get.
In short, working on the Sandbox is also working on the main story, it's just not progressing the main story.

Revisions
No one asked this, but I just wanted to make a small note here. I am going to be replacing all of the antiquated events in the game, the ones with the truly awful renders. I'm not going to make this a priority because I would like to focus on adding new content more than replacing old content, so I'm just going to be doing one per update until they've all been fixed.

New Characters
As I've mentioned, the rest of the Superheroes Suck's cast has entered into their final stages of development: the models. I've had the stories written for these for well over a year now, but I've been waiting on assets that better fit their personalities. As I work on these characters, I'll be given shots of them over time as another indicator of how close we are to starting main story progress.

Will there be another Sandbox Overhaul in the future?
No.
This is the one. After the Sandbox Overhaul is completed, the process of adding new sandbox content should be streamlined. This is another reason I want to make it a focus. If I can nail the basics of the sandbox now, I can add small amounts of sandbox content throughout the rest of the game while focusing on the main story - something I know you're all looking forward to.
This post is getting a little long, so that's it for me this week. Send in more questions and I'll be happy to clarify some things.
Thank you for all of your support,
~Solace

jasont123

Aug 14, 2020

Hey everyone,

Progress on Version 1.250 is proceeding smoothly and it has been a welcome break from the past two development cycles. Working on Chrys and Valentina's stories have been far less stressful than tying together the fight with Lovestruck and the Power Reveal events. While not quite a vacation, it's been good to recharge with the less intense storyboarding. It's also felt good to reconnect with these characters. It's been a very long time since we've had events for either of them that progressed their personal stories, and there have been a lot of major occurrences at the Academy since then.

So far, I think that we'll be able to get Chrys' all caught up during this development cycle with Valentina lagging a little bit behind, which makes sense. Valentina has a lot more to process after the midpoint event. You can expect a lot of content for the both of them over the next couple of months, as their arcs will be needed for one of the first new features of the Sandbox Overhaul. I won't spoil that right now, but it should be introduced in the Version update after this one.
Oh! And I see that the vaunted Chrys' Bathroom event is the clear leader in the Poll for this month! Remember to get your votes in before the deadline next week! I start work on the winner then!

Oh, and on the topic of polls, I wanted to discuss Superheroes Suck development polls. For the past... two years? I have called them H-Scene Polls because, at the time, the amount of H-scene content in the game was severely deficient. Now, however, I feel like we have a good balance of H-scene content, and I am opening up the polls to be about more than the usual triple animation H-scenes. Of course, there will always be H-scene options in the polls, but there will also be other types of content, like Chrys' Bathroom event, that are about more than just H-scenes. I'd appreciate some feedback on this and if you're happy with the direction they're going in.

Solace, does this mean that there won't be any H-scene content with Chrys in the bathroom?
Hey, it's an erotic visual novel. All content eventually leads to, or ends in, H-scene content, it's just a matter of getting there.
Thank you for all of your support,
~Solace

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
Then imagine the end shot of the scene, one lady comes in and see the juice floating around because its not invisible :D
At first i laughed. Then my second thought was that no matter what happens, Chrys must not see this, because she would 100% turn this into something too creative.

4.10 star(s) 87 Votes