Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I think Riley's next arc is gonna be some conflict with MC about him becoming the leader that Unbreakable was planning for him to be since she thinks that has to be her role as Unbreakable's Number Two.

Daaaaaaaang! some heavy shit going down now! :(

It was bound to happen though, Solace isn't just going to let us sit around and bang Super Hotties all day for "free" forever. I'm sure this has been stated and I just haven't seen it yet but my personal theory is that Mrs. Powell has set us up to kick the MC into high gear as a leader and jumpstart his powers and also to push Harper off the fence and make her commit to being a Hero. . That's just my opinion, but since I'm never wrong..........:ROFLMAO:

Gonna be 100% honest, I don't see him as a leader.

I agree with Unbreakable that he holds the team together but he's more of a mascot than a leader. He's done absolutely nothing to show that he's ready to lead a team of super heroes.

Riley has been the only one with any handle of things while MC has been a follower to the girls.

He doesn't even have a handle on his powers. We're this far on with major story arcs going on and we're still playing the guessing game on what he can do.

He's nowhere near ready to take the lead.

He's inexperienced, untested and doesn't even know what he can do or how to do it. None of that says team leader to me.

The fact that there is even a hint of big conflict with the teams most experienced hero and the teams most inexperienced shows he's not ready. He can't even manage team cohesion.

He hasn't worked with any of the girls against anything worth tackling apart from Riley so he has no idea what they are capable of in the field or how to use them.

Let's play hypothetical......

You're a super hero just learning about what that means. The teams leader gets taken and you have to try and get her back..

In that situation would you follow the MC into an unknown combat situation against super powered enemies or would you look to the most experienced?

The MC is a liability and would get them all killed.

He's years away from being a leader and needs to at least get a grip of his powers before that's even considered because this guessing game isn't good enough when it comes down to it.

I love the game, this isn't me complaining about the game. I just don't see the MC as a leader, not anywhere near. He needs more experience, he needs to know his powers and he needs to work with the girls more.

Last edited:

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017

I agree with Unbreakable that he holds the team together but he's more of a mascot than a leader. He's done absolutely nothing to show that he's ready to lead a team of super heroes.

Riley has been the only one with any handle of things while MC has been a follower to the girls.

He doesn't even have a handle on his powers. We're this far on with major story arcs going on and we're still playing the guessing game on what he can do.

He's inexperienced, untested and doesn't even know what he can do or how to do it. None of that says team leader to me.

The fact that there is even a hint of big conflict with the teams most experienced hero and the teams most inexperienced shows he's not ready. He can't even manage team cohesion.

He hasn't worked with any of the girls against anything worth tackling apart from Riley so he has no idea what they are capable of in the field or how to use them.

You're a super hero just learning about what that means. The teams leader gets taken and you have to try and get her back..

In that situation would you follow the MC into an unknown combat situation against super powered enemies or would you look to the most experienced?

He's years away from being a leader and needs to at least get a grip of his powers before that's even considered because this guessing game isn't good enough when it comes down to it.

I love the game, this isn't me complaining about the game. I just don't see the MC as a leader, not anywhere near. He needs more experience, he needs to know his powers and he needs to work with the girls more.
Agreed! The MC has a lot of growing up to do, that's for sure. If this was all a ruse by Mrs. Powell to get him to either sink or swim it doesn't seem to be a well-timed one. I agree with you that the stakes are too high to take such a mad risk with the students' lives. Even though this tends to be a comedic and lighthearted game the villains are really dangerous, powerful, and homicidal. Picking Catman to lead the team doesn't seem wise, especially since his one and only tactic when faced by a villain is to try to find the most efficient way to get himself killed. Throw yourself in front of the flying truck. Have Riley throw you into the windshield of a speeding car. Grab the lady who is electrified when you are mostly covered in metal. Get a skin-to-skin lapdance from her positronic ass. Stick your fingers into her light socket of a mouth. He doesn't need a leadership role. He needs a bicycle helmet and umpire pads to go to the bathroom without hurting himself. Now he does have his good qualities. If they were the Planeteers from Captain Planet MC would be that weird little kid who had the power of Heart. But unless they can all touch him and combine into one better hero he has a long way to go to be viable in the field.

Reactions: Shanu

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
especially since his one and only tactic when faced by a villain is to try to find the most efficient way to get himself killed. Throw yourself in front of the flying truck. Have Riley throw you into the windshield of a speeding car. Grab the lady who is electrified when you are mostly covered in metal. Get a skin-to-skin lapdance from her positronic ass. Stick your fingers into her light socket of a mouth. He doesn't need a leadership role. He needs a bicycle helmet and umpire pads to go to the bathroom without hurting himself.
That's one of my main issues with him, he has no common sense.

There is a Japanese VN with super powered kids, also the Beat Blade series, where the girls are super charged by the MC. He like their super battery.

That would make more sense to me for this MC because, let's be honest, he's pretty useless.

He only survived because of his body armour and should have been fried by electrohotty several times.

The only thing he can reliably do is see in the dark and lift weights. I've seen zero leadership qualities, not a single one. In fact he's being detrimental to the team. The girls are distracted and there is a rift between him and Riley and the team need her.

I just do not see him as a leader, not by a long shot. He's nowhere near ready for that role.

At the very least he needs to get to know what his powers are and how to use them, which honestly should have been dealt with by now that's really been dragged out far too long.

I love the game but I do have one massive issue.

The story and the girls have progressed but the MC hasn't.

The story has started hitting high points now where the team need to step up but the MC still needs training wheels. He's not ready.

That's left 2 problems.

He's being written into a leadership role he doesn't deserve nor is he capable of.

A conflict is being pushed between him and Riley and without her they are fucked. We've got one that can phase, one that can turn invisible yet without Riley their only muscle is Harper and she's still unsure of herself.

Then we have the MC who, as of right now, is super kitten. He has the same super powers an actual kitten has. He can see well in the dark, girls think he's cute and he can rub himself up on them ...... yet neither of them are worth shit in a fight and I wouldn't put Mittens the Moggy in charge of the Avengers.

Reactions: Wyrme and Shanu

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
it seemed pretty obvious to me. He has a whole grab bag of powers.
MC himself is the one who IC keeps complaining that maybe he has no super powers. But he very obviously does.

Powers observed:
1. optimization. Biologically, in one month of exercise he went from flabby to divine bodybuilder. His strength went from none to olympic athlete, surpassing his strongest teammate. His dick doubled in size. He also got cured of all allergies, even ones everyone has like pollen. And got darkvision. Probably got a bunch of other bio-optimizations there (bet he has super sperm). These things are explicitly noted as unusual by people in character. so it is not just a game abstraction

1b. This optimization is not limited to himself! His equipment gets it too. His suit was observed to not consume any electricity despite the fact it should have, his car VI became self aware AI just when he started using it, his suit internals mysteriously repaired themselves such that all that was needed is the re-connecting of mysteriously disconnected cables plugs despite the fact it was stated that the electricity should have caused them to contract in a way that they would have torn, this was noted as being "oddly lucky"

2. can make shields, but requires a visible slow moving yet deadly threat. (as per both the car he stopped and the bench he almost stopped)

3. super stamina and strength below a threshhold. The threshold increases with his excercise. so long as it is below it then he won't can trivially lift without tiring. Spending literally hours carrying hundreds of kgs that would have tired a normal person in minutes.

4. super regeneration and durability. Armor won't stop you from breaking bones when you fall from a 2nd story building or get tossed out of a car at 55 miles per hour. Nor will it make all your bruises disappear by the next day. Not to mention the tossed bench or the beating he got from his teammates during training. Also he had his back dislocated multiple times and just rested a bit and it went away. This was noted IC several times and MC kept on attributing it to getting "very lucky" he never got a serious injury and that his "trivial" injuries like dislocated spine (a serious injury) all heal rapidly just never gets considered IC.

5. super strength [active]. By pushing beyond his limits he was able to suddenly trigger it and toss the heavy weights high into the air like they were nothing.

these are just off the top of my head. Probably a bunch more.
He only survived because of his body armour and should have been fried by electrohotty several times.
It was made very clear that the armor should NOT have let him survive those things, and in character he attributed it to "getting lucky" while some of the more intelligent teammate went "hmmm, interesting".
His armor certainly helps, there is far more to it.

Last edited:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
MC himself is the one who IC keeps complaining that maybe he has no super powers. But he very obviously does.

Powers observed:
1. optimization. Biologically, in one month of exercise he went from flabby to divine bodybuilder. His strength went from none to olympic athlete, surpassing his strongest teammate. His dick doubled in size. He also got cured of all allergies, even ones everyone has like pollen. And got darkvision. Probably got a bunch of other bio-optimizations there (bet he has super sperm)

1b. This optimization is not limited to himself! His equipment gets it too. His suit was observed to not consume any electricity despite the fact it should have, his car VI became self aware AI just when he started using it, his suit internals mysteriously repaired themselves such that all that was needed is the re-connecting of cables plugs instead of being cut or fried.

2. can make shields, but requires a visible slow moving yet deadly threat. (as per both the car he stopped and the bench he almost stopped)

3. super stamina and strength below a threshhold. The threshold increases with his excercise. so long as it is below it then he won't can trivially lift without tiring.

4. super regeneration and durability. Armor won't stop you from breaking bones when you fall from a 2nd story building or get tossed out of a car at 55 miles per hour. Nor will it make all your bruises disappear by the next day. Not to mention the tossed bench or the beating he got from his teammates during training. Also he had his back dislocated multiple times and just rested a bit and it went away.

5. super strength [active]. By pushing beyond his limits he was able to suddenly trigger it and toss the heavy weights high into the air like they were nothing.

It was made very clear that the armor should NOT have let him survive those things, and in character he attributed it to "getting lucky" while some of the more intelligent teammate went "hmmm, interesting".
It is obvious to you but story wise he doesn't know what he's doing with them.

He's still learning and doesn't know what he can do nor is his shield reliable because he doesn't know how to use it.

He's a learner being given the instructor role. He's just not ready.

Reactions: mrttao

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019

Powers observed:
1. optimization. Biologically, in one month of exercise he went from flabby to divine bodybuilder. His strength went from none to olympic athlete, surpassing his strongest teammate. His dick doubled in size. He also got cured of all allergies, even ones everyone has like pollen. And got darkvision. Probably got a bunch of other bio-optimizations there (bet he has super sperm). These things are explicitly noted as unusual by people in character. so it is not just a game abstraction

1b. This optimization is not limited to himself! His equipment gets it too. His suit was observed to not consume any electricity despite the fact it should have, his car VI became self aware AI just when he started using it, his suit internals mysteriously repaired themselves such that all that was needed is the re-connecting of mysteriously disconnected cables plugs despite the fact it was stated that the electricity should have caused them to contract in a way that they would have torn, this was noted as being "oddly lucky"

3. super stamina and strength below a threshhold. The threshold increases with his excercise. so long as it is below it then he won't can trivially lift without tiring. Spending literally hours carrying hundreds of kgs that would have tired a normal person in minutes.

4. super regeneration and durability. Armor won't stop you from breaking bones when you fall from a 2nd story building or get tossed out of a car at 55 miles per hour. Nor will it make all your bruises disappear by the next day. Not to mention the tossed bench or the beating he got from his teammates during training. Also he had his back dislocated multiple times and just rested a bit and it went away.

All those powers are there (maybe), yet the MC is still unaware of them and/or unsure whether they are actually powers or not, and obviously he can't control any of them. And now he has to lead, a task for which he hasn't showed real skills either. That's how things stand as of now.

Reactions: MrD812

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
It is obvious to you but story wise he doesn't know what he's doing with them.

He's still learning and doesn't know what he can do nor is his shield reliable because he doesn't know how to use it.

He's a learner being given the instructor role. He's just not ready.
Oh that I agree with. He is definitely still an early apprentice.
Although I should not leadership is not about being a super hero.
As noted back in the day you had a super hero which was just an ordinary man in a suit of power armor.
And the skills of leadership are, well, leadership.

I think he is made the leader not because he is a good leader, but because all the other girls are completely unsuitable for the role. They are all bad leaders, he is just the least bad at it. And will naturally grow into the role in time
All those powers are there (maybe), yet the MC is still unaware of them and/or unsure whether they are actually powers or not, and obviously he can't control any of them. And now he has to leas, a task for which he hasn't showed real skills either. That's how things stand as of now.
MC is IC unsure, but we the players are pretty sure. Also other characters clearly take note of those things as well. its just that the MC is really oblivious and dense, and does not pick up on it when they do.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I'm not trying to be debbie downer nor do I hate anything about the game.

My only criticism if you will, is I don't see him as a leader.

If anything he should be learning from Riley while Powell is out of the picture.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
I'm not trying to be debbie downer nor do I hate anything about the game.

My only criticism if you will, is I don't see him as a leader.

If anything he should be learning from Riley while Powell is out of the picture.
He will be learning from her, with him as a leader and her as an adviser/teacher/follower. To learn leadership you need to lead, not follow a leader around as they lead.

MC is not a good leader yet, but he has potential and will be learning on the job.
Riley is also a really bad choice for leader, she knows things in a technical perspective, yes.
But she has multiple personality issues not to mention the girls conflict with each other on several things.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020

I agree with pretty much everything you said - for a real world setting. Since the MC is the "MC" of the story, he's going to get opportunity/position/respect etc. that he hasn't really earned or is ready for. As the "Main Character" of a harem game it's pretty much given that he was going to be the leader from day one when he was a TOTAL loser. Would that happen in real life? Oh Hells no! If you think about it, Harry Potter is just about the worst "leader" or "hero" of almost any piece of literature.....ever, yet he was the leader and hero because he was the MC of the story. All of the girls in this story are smart and capable.....until they're suddenly not and need the MC to make things right ( I know that has to drive you up a tree :ROFLMAO: ).

As to Riley (my favorite actually) she was the best choice to be the leader - in the past. She handled herself very irresponsibly during her return to "active" duty, which is why Queen Unbreakable had the MC fight with her so show her that as capable as she was - her mind wasn't in the right place.

The only thing the MC has over the others as far as leadership is that each of them tends to be a loner and not work as a team with each other. Since he has some level of relationship with each of them - he is a common thread to bring them together. To go back to my "Harry Potter" scenario - everyone else in the book was smarter, stronger, faster, more powerful, and less of a bumbling idiot that he was - but he was the binding that brought them all together. Everyone here, including the cat, is better at pretty much everything than him - but he is the glue. Hey! that can be his superhero identity - GlueBoy!

I initially stated (mostly as a joke) that this was just a test by QU to make him "man up" and take the lead and force his powers to manifest. Since one of the girls, don't remember who, said almost the same thing about it being a test by QU, I think I was wrong and this will be an actual "bad guy" situation.

Just my take on it.

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017

Those are certainly fair criticisms but of the available options?

Yeah, MC is the best leader they got.

Riley's a sweet girl. Tough and smart. But no leader by any stretch of the imagination. Her entire arc and characterization thus far is focused rather heavily on how directionless she is. She needs to be given direction otherwise she Yo-Yos between listlessly spinning her wheels, or trying to do everything all at once herself.

She can't lead, because she needs to BE lead. Perhaps most perfectly demonstrated in one of the very moments the MC is being criticized for in the conversation here. The Runaway Car scene. When...with very little convincing needed...the MC told her to do something reckless and she did it. Even Unbreakable noted how surprised she was that MC convinced her to go along with that. But go along she did.

Riley's basically the perfect Lieutenant. The perfect 'strong right hand'. The perfect 'bottom bitch'. She's awesome when given a direction. But she lacks initiative and she seems to know it...which is the whole crux of her current arc, and unfortunately sometimes causes her to wildly overcompensate.

Speaking of the car plan...it wasn't all that reckless actually. His approach to Lovestruck definitely left something to be desired but the guy IS still learning. But the way he dealt with the car was perfect...and I think it's EXACTLY what caught Unbreakable's attention and made her realize that with more fine tuning...yes. He WOULD be a great team leader.

I'll defend his approach to the car because the MC had to make a call with limited information in a short timespan. The "experienced veteran" was at a loss. But MC understood that he was wearing a suit designed to protect it's inhabitant from the punches of the most powerful superhuman on the planet. At least the most powerful known superhuman on the planet. Sure it was mostly used when her powers were still developing but he instinctively...and correctly...intuited that anything capable of standing up to a young Unbreakable could probably protect him from a head on car collision.

It was a calculated risk...not a stupid risk. And that's the hallmark of great leaders right there. To find yourself in a crisis, quickly perform a risk/reward or cost/benefit analysis on the fly(Literally in this scenario), and then do the part that Riley can't seem to do: Make the call. Commit to it. Follow through.

Even if you're not sure it's right, once the choice is made you follow through with such conviction that those following you will trust it's the right call. Confidence probably decides the outcome of more wars than pure body count does. The ability to inspire it in your followers and undermine it in your enemies. MC definitely inspires it in his followers. the jury's still out on his enemies.

MC did all that in a matter of seconds, AND convinced a more experienced colleague to defer to his decision. Again, the fact that she was so easily convinced just goes to Riley's natural inclination to follow. Not lead. Which probably further convinced Unbreakable that for all Riley's competence and skill, she's not a true leader. She's a strong follower. The kind of strong follower a natural-but-inexperienced leader needs to prop him up while he finds his own footing. To be there and be able to help compensate for when MC eventually DOES make a bad call.

Hell, the MC even inspired a robot to rebel against her own programming and become a real girl. lol. And convinced her to devise a plan to carry out said rebellion. That's called 'delegating'. Another valuable leadership skill. Granted this choice will eventually result in all humans being enslaved by their new robotic overlords but we need some sort of sequel hook for this saga so it's all good.

Blades4119

Jul 9, 2021
After reading some of the more recent comments on here regarding the MC, I'm reminded that there are several qualities that make a good leader... however, NOT all of those qualities are always visible or easily noticed. Yes, the MC severely lacks field experience, both with all the girls as a cohesive group and individually to hone his abilities. Unfortunately, there is only ONE way to get that kind of experience and that is to go out there and do it!!! Good calls, bad calls and all the questionable calls in between... there is really no other way for him to get that experience. Once he has more experience, he will also gain more confidence, not just in his powers, but in his role and abilities as a leader. A quality of being a leader which is very often overlooked because it gets overshadowed by most of the more obvious ones is being a Focal Point or Lens for a group. In this role of Focal Point or Lens, the MC is showing affinities the likes of which Mrs. Elizabeth Powell/Queen Unbreakable had never seen before. He is able to be there for each of the different girls in just the ways the need him be at various times. He can get them to open up and reveal their troubles, fears, desires, faults and whatever else. Also, he is able to bring out their best efforts while each of them are working with him..... The way I think the story is headed at the moment is, with QU having been taken, that it's time for him to bring all the girls together and focus all of their unique abilities through his confidence in each of them so that each of them, singly and together, become stronger and more powerful then they were before he arrived.

Yes, he might be a little slow and dense in perceiving certain social clues or knowing how to read certain signals. However, that's mostly due to the life he had before where he never really had to learn and hone those particular skills so he's at something of a disadvantage there... in that, the girls can help bring him up to speed. Another thing that needs to be remembered about leadership or command is that those who actively seek it have proven themselves completely unsuited and unfit for the role. It's very good for him to keep questioning his judgement, experience, powers and skills, particularly as a leader... that means he is very much less likely to make calls and decisions that would deliberately get his teammates seriously injured or killed. Yes, initially he needs to and should rely on Riley's greater field experience for advice and to help keep him grounded. But, there will rapidly come a point where her experience won't be able to help him and he'll be forced to make a choice based on what information he has at that time and go with it; right, wrong or indifferent. Then he will have to come to terms with those kinds of decisions and the consequences that result from them....... to be blunt, no one is every really prepared or ready for such things until they actually happen, that includes Riley, the other girls, and even QU herself.

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
I agree with pretty much everything you said - for a real world setting. Since the MC is the "MC" of the story, he's going to get opportunity/position/respect etc. that he hasn't really earned or is ready for. As the "Main Character" of a harem game it's pretty much given that he was going to be the leader from day one when he was a TOTAL loser. Would that happen in real life? Oh Hells no! If you think about it, Harry Potter is just about the worst "leader" or "hero" of almost any piece of literature.....ever, yet he was the leader and hero because he was the MC of the story. All of the girls in this story are smart and capable.....until they're suddenly not and need the MC to make things right ( I know that has to drive you up a tree :ROFLMAO: ).

As to Riley (my favorite actually) she was the best choice to be the leader - in the past. She handled herself very irresponsibly during her return to "active" duty, which is why Queen Unbreakable had the MC fight with her so show her that as capable as she was - her mind wasn't in the right place.

The only thing the MC has over the others as far as leadership is that each of them tends to be a loner and not work as a team with each other. Since he has some level of relationship with each of them - he is a common thread to bring them together. To go back to my "Harry Potter" scenario - everyone else in the book was smarter, stronger, faster, more powerful, and less of a bumbling idiot that he was - but he was the binding that brought them all together. Everyone here, including the cat, is better at pretty much everything than him - but he is the glue. Hey! that can be his superhero identity - GlueBoy!

I initially stated (mostly as a joke) that this was just a test by QU to make him "man up" and take the lead and force his powers to manifest. Since one of the girls, don't remember who, said almost the same thing about it being a test by QU, I think I was wrong and this will be an actual "bad guy" situation.

Just my take on it.
Very Well Put, Indeed!(y)
The Car is my favorite! :ROFLMAO:
Kidding aside, very fond of Riley.
Like All of the ladies even though Chrys' eye-makeup kinda creeps me out a bit.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Very Well Put, Indeed!(y)
The Car is my favorite! :ROFLMAO:
Kidding aside, very fond of Riley.
Like All of the ladies even though Chrys' eye-makeup kinda creeps me out a bit.
I'm hoping if when Artemis gets her full android body setup that she's hot because.....:oops:

:ROFLMAO:

There are several other games I play that have an "edgy" or "goth" girl in them that I do kind of like the over-the-top makeup - but then they show them without makeup and they're just as appealing to me that way as well. I guess because my mom never wore much makeup, and neither does my wife, I'm used to seeing women without makeup on.....but still dig the wild look as well :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
I'm hoping if when Artemis gets her full android body setup that she's hot because.....:oops:

:ROFLMAO:

There are several other games I play that have an "edgy" or "goth" girl in them that I do kind of like the over-the-top makeup - but then they show them without makeup and they're just as appealing to me that way as well. I guess because my mom never wore much makeup, and neither does my wife, I'm used to seeing women without makeup on.....but still dig the wild look as well :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
How can anyone NOT love Artemis?!?! LOL!!!
Maby nano-tech will advance in the lab and give her a Hot Cylon'ish body.
Wouldn't that be something?

But yeah, seen several great looking goth gals and the ladies and i have a friend who's stunning(total goth).
No idea how it is to pull off on these model-renders in VN's but Chrys is Loveable.
Just those eyes eh... well, what can i say?

Reactions: mrttao
4.10 star(s) 87 Votes