indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
For those that would complain about the short-ish update, this is why (from the on their patreon):

"...To give you all the short version: I have quit my job!...I spent a good amount of this update getting things in order: having someone take over my lease, moving out and then back in with my mother, sorting out things with the post office, and... well, everything that comes with moving.

I made this decision because my physical health had been deteriorating and it was affecting everything. I don't know if this change will result in a large content boost in the future for the game. The goal was not to go from seventy hours split into two jobs to seventy hours in one job. I want to work normal, full-time hours on the game until it's eventual Steam release."

I know some will look at this as a usual dev excuse (moving, being sick, etc) however Solace is someone who has been consistent with releases, whether they're large or small. Hopefully these personal changes can help improve their health above making the game, but also hopefully it also helps with making the game.
wow all these dev that have health issues is becoming a problem....:rolleyes: this seems the old disk every dev that have laziness, boredom ,writing block or whatever resons ,uses to tell the tale to their fan\customers..c'mon how can an update like this one or the lattrerso much time\health consuming?? pls stop think that we are all BS drinkers...

uamkt

Mar 3, 2020
wow all these dev that have health issues is becoming a problem....:rolleyes: this seems the old disk every dev that have laziness, boredom ,writing block or whatever resons ,uses to tell the tale to their fan\customers..c'mon how can an update like this one or the lattrerso much time\health consuming?? pls stop think that we are all BS drinkers...
so you work a full time 40 hrs a week job and dev a game on the side....I'll wait

Reactions: Rocky the Hardplace

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Superheroes Suck v1.851public.
  • Main App:
  • Assets: (mandatory)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

install the app. after a fresh install, run it once to create all the required folders. read .
then you have to copy the assets pack to the folder /RenPy/org.superheroes.suck.the66/game on Android 11 and newer or to the folder /Android/data/org.superheroes.suck.the66/files/game.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11 :FacePalm:), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Last edited:

Jinsoyun

Sep 28, 2018
Usually you'd have a point, but Solace here churned out updates like clockwork and he has been consistently doing it for 4 years now. You are active enough on this forum, you have seen devs disappear for months or years whereas this dev communicates openly, frequently and upfront.

Don't you think that calling him a liar as an immediate reaction to his post where he delivered a free patch, on time, along with news about his long term plans is a bit strange?

Sane82

Aug 23, 2022
You can just delete that file safely. It will be created again the next time you run the game. But it's a weird issue. What program is giving you that warning?
It is a my pc problem and no the file is corrupted for good I do really need someone to upload it to me or I will have to redownloaded it all again

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
It is a my pc problem and no the file is corrupted for good I do really need someone to upload it to me or I will have to redownloaded it all again
re-dl with jdownloader and re-extract with 7zip.

KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/0x52/classes/main.rpy", line 202, in <module>
File "game/0x52/framework/01loader.rpy", line 26, in load_file
AttributeError: 'RWopsIO' object has no attribute 'name'

Guess I need to do a fresh install.

KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/0x52/classes/main.rpy", line 202, in <module>
File "game/0x52/framework/01loader.rpy", line 26, in load_file
AttributeError: 'RWopsIO' object has no attribute 'name'

Guess I need to do a fresh install.
Oh wait huh, it seems the problem lies with the Universal Ren'py Mod. How strange.

4.10 star(s) 87 Votes