AdiXv2k

Aug 9, 2018
Finished it yesterday and I can say that I'm pleasantly surprised, the game is really fun. Relationship with Harper progressed a little bit too fast for me. Do you plan on adding more girls to the harem or will it stay as it is? - 4 (possibly 5 with Mrs. Unbreakable)

Knight of Solace

Developer of: Superheroes Suck!
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2019
Finished it yesterday and I can say that I'm pleasantly surprised, the game is really fun. Relationship with Harper progressed a little bit too fast for me. Do you plan on adding more girls to the harem or will it stay as it is? - 4 (possibly 5 with Mrs. Unbreakable)
Harper is up for revisions right after Valentina. By the end, I'm hoping both of their quests will have a more natural progression. I'm going to infer that you didn't think Valentina's story went too quickly, which is great! Since she just received 4 revision events for exactly that effect.

I do have plans for more characters, but that's a funding issue. I'll try and explain why those two things are interconnected and why "more characters" is a Patreon goal.

I am comfortable with the current pace of content production - I feel like every update has significant advances for a character or the main story, and I can slot the time it takes to develop Superheroes Suck between my normal day job and other commitments. If I wanted to add more girls to the "harem," I would need to cut down on how much each girl receives. For example, right now you can usually bet that two or three girls will receive an update with each new version - Harper being an exception because of the visual overhaul I'm planning. This is over half the cast, and I feel confident that I'm keeping those fanbases happy. Let's say, however, that I expanded the cast to nine girls. Either a third or less would be getting regular content, or each one would be getting very small content updates. Small content updates are as frustrating for me to work on as it is for players to enjoy because I have to constantly break my workflow to concentrate on a different side story.

The answer to this problem would be for me to upgrade my computer to one of those fancy 3080 models or something. Less time spent rendering means I can spend more time writing out the events. The issue with this is that I still haven't paid off the computer upgrade parts I bought a year ago to do animations. Back in 2019, I did a quick analysis of how long it took me to make content versus what I could offer on a six week basis. My graphics card, CPU, and RAM were so poor I could only finish four events. This is the origin of the hamster joke on my Patreon page. I knew that no one would ever want to play a game that crawls forward like a slug version to version, so I spent roughly fifteen hundred to upgrade my computer. I've made over half of it back by now, but it will still be a month or three until it's paid off.

I can honestly say Superheroes Suck is a passion project because, believe it or not, I am actually losing money developing it. F95zone is great for testing out assets for Daz3D. Before finding this site, I had so many bad experiences with models that just didn't work or an outfit that blew up when I tried to simulate it. I don't even want to start about the environments - a bad experience with one of those is why the Academy looks like it does today. Nowadays, after I vet them on F95zone, every time an asset makes it in the game I buy it on the Daz3D store to support the creators. You know, kind of like how people download my game here and then choose to support me on Patreon. This amount often exceeds what I make on Patreon, although it is getting better.

I know this is a long post now, and probably not the quick answer that you were looking for, but I hope it explains why I've been hesitant to add new characters to cast. It's a question I get quite frequently and haven't properly addressed. They are a large investment, upfront through the Daz3D store and then long-term with the upgrades I'll need to make to my set up.

AdiXv2k

Aug 9, 2018
Harper is up for revisions right after Valentina. By the end, I'm hoping both of their quests will have a more natural progression. I'm going to infer that you didn't think Valentina's story went too quickly, which is great! Since she just received 4 revision events for exactly that effect.

I do have plans for more characters, but that's a funding issue. I'll try and explain why those two things are interconnected and why "more characters" is a Patreon goal.

I am comfortable with the current pace of content production - I feel like every update has significant advances for a character or the main story, and I can slot the time it takes to develop Superheroes Suck between my normal day job and other commitments. If I wanted to add more girls to the "harem," I would need to cut down on how much each girl receives. For example, right now you can usually bet that two or three girls will receive an update with each new version - Harper being an exception because of the visual overhaul I'm planning. This is over half the cast, and I feel confident that I'm keeping those fanbases happy. Let's say, however, that I expanded the cast to nine girls. Either a third or less would be getting regular content, or each one would be getting very small content updates. Small content updates are as frustrating for me to work on as it is for players to enjoy because I have to constantly break my workflow to concentrate on a different side story.

The answer to this problem would be for me to upgrade my computer to one of those fancy 3080 models or something. Less time spent rendering means I can spend more time writing out the events. The issue with this is that I still haven't paid off the computer upgrade parts I bought a year ago to do animations. Back in 2019, I did a quick analysis of how long it took me to make content versus what I could offer on a six week basis. My graphics card, CPU, and RAM were so poor I could only finish four events. This is the origin of the hamster joke on my Patreon page. I knew that no one would ever want to play a game that crawls forward like a slug version to version, so I spent roughly fifteen hundred to upgrade my computer. I've made over half of it back by now, but it will still be a month or three until it's paid off.

I can honestly say Superheroes Suck is a passion project because, believe it or not, I am actually losing money developing it. F95zone is great for testing out assets for Daz3D. Before finding this site, I had so many bad experiences with models that just didn't work or an outfit that blew up when I tried to simulate it. I don't even want to start about the environments - a bad experience with one of those is why the Academy looks like it does today. Nowadays, after I vet them on F95zone, every time an asset makes it in the game I buy it on the Daz3D store to support the creators. You know, kind of like how people download my game here and then choose to support me on Patreon. This amount often exceeds what I make on Patreon, although it is getting better.

I know this is a long post now, and probably not the quick answer that you were looking for, but I hope it explains why I've been hesitant to add new characters to cast. It's a question I get quite frequently and haven't properly addressed. They are a large investment, upfront through the Daz3D store and then long-term with the upgrades I'll need to make to my set up.
Yes, Valentina's story was cool, Chrys' story was fast paced but still okay.

Yeah, I wish you good luck with the game so it can blow up and you'll get the funding you need, I'll throw you some bucks myself in January ^^ One thing I'm worried about is that you create story for characters in the way that they're connected to each other, so if you add new characters - for example - after a year or two, their story could feel like they are not really a part of the group. Like side characters in most games, yes they have their own story and everything but they're not really mentioned in the world and feel like fanservice and nothing more. It could work in your game for some fangirls that want to fuck, but not main characters. But anyway, wish you the best and I'll gladly support you on patreon sometime soon :)

Knight of Solace

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2019
Yes, Valentina's story was cool, Chrys' story was fast paced but still okay.

Yeah, I wish you good luck with the game so it can blow up and you'll get the funding you need, I'll throw you some bucks myself in January ^^ One thing I'm worried about is that you create story for characters in the way that they're connected to each other, so if you add new characters - for example - after a year or two, their story could feel like they are not really a part of the group. Like side characters in most games, yes they have their own story and everything but they're not really mentioned in the world and feel like fanservice and nothing more. It could work in your game for some fangirls that want to fuck, but not main characters. But anyway, wish you the best and I'll gladly support you on patreon sometime soon :)
Thank you so much for the kind words and support.

All of the girls are going to receive a bit of revision content; I just make a bigger deal out of Valentina and Harper because they are going to receive the most extensive amount. I'll definitely cycle back around to Chrys.

I've been thinking about some of the extra characters and how they would fit into the story. You're right, I like to introduce the characters through other characters and have their stories tie together. I'm also worried about how they might fit if the wait is going to be a long way off, but I'm hopeful that I'll reach the funding goal before that point.

Reactions: Mikedazz1

Knight of Solace

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2019
I notice a mistake related to...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Still a good game, Knight of Solace
Good work... I've enjoyed playing it. Sad it's over(reach the end of current update)...
Oh my god.

You're right. They're looking at the wrong wall.

I'll mark that down for a revision since that will require new renders to fix. Thanks for pointing that out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Potoum

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Almost sure i did see her & Spend a week inside my room nothing is happening :/
If I'm not mistaken that hint only shows during the brief moment between meeting Sumire in the garage and going upstairs, where Chrys jumps on you. If you're playing with the mod there's a high chance it has messed up the variables

Urusaisenpai

Walkthough-mod Creators are a godsent <3
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
If I'm not mistaken that hint only shows during the brief moment between meeting Sumire in the garage and going upstairs, where Chrys jumps on you. If you're playing with the mod there's a high chance it has messed up the variables
yeh playing with the walkthough mod so it fucked my save up?

Potoum

Apr 28, 2018
Just my thought on where the story is going. There's something strange about the...

Last edited:
Reactions: Alodjinn

Drakan47

Dec 17, 2018
Just my thought on where the story is going. There's something strange about the...
pretty certain you're right, iirc you eventually run into her, and go "I recognize you from the beach", and she acts as if this was perfectly natural and you did in fact meet in a beach

Reactions: Alodjinn and Potoum

jackthetwat

Sep 5, 2017
Yeah, I have to assume she will be a factor in the later story, personally, I think she's a telepath based on how she responds to the MC on the train as he thinks about her and then is obviously in his dreams.

Also during the first "dream", she makes explicit mention to her eyes, just before the old man enters the store, who happens to have the exact same eye colour so I assume those two will have a somewhat related role in the story.

Reactions: Alodjinn and Potoum

Potoum

Apr 28, 2018
Not really a big deal but can you fix this... Knight of Solace
Btw I like Artemisia's humor. I prefer her over Kitt(knight rider). Engage nitrous(BLURrrring effect) hehe
I was thinking a funny joke that could be made with Artemisia. After some 'sexytime' one of the girls could say 'I'm kinda leaking down there, so if you don't want fluid on your upholstery you know what to do... Blurrring nitrous effect. :KEK:

Last edited:

Knight of Solace

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2019
Not really a big deal but can you fix this... Knight of Solace
Btw I like Artemisia's humor. I prefer her over Kitt(knight rider). Engage nitrous(BLURrrring effect) hehe
You make good points here. Thanks for bringing it to my attention! It's true, with Valentina's new events, they've pulled the pacing a little out of order. I'm planning on doing another play-through of the beginning of the game when all the revisions are done that should fix this! The only reason I'm not addressing it now is that I'd have to recode it with each update. I don't mind the work, but redoing the code multiple times could lead to progression errors.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 87 Votes