Knight of Solace

Developer of: Superheroes Suck!
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2019
Hey everyone,

It's been a bit since I've posted on here. Just wanted to let you all know that Version 0.70 of Superheroes Suck is progressing nicely, and that we should have the early, Patreon release in roughly two weeks with the public version following a week after that, as per usual. I'm also doing better since my last post here, thank you for the understanding and kind words.

Anyway, I wanted to write this because I just realized that I've done two major character redesigns that might confuse people here. Both Missus Powell and Harper have received a visual update that you'll both be able to see in some of the new images once the new version is out. Missus Powell's update has been done for almost two months now, but she hasn't been in any events, so none of you would have seen it. Harper's was just finished a few weeks ago, after taking a staggering sixteen days to get it right spread over... four months? I've been trying to redo Harper for quite a while and I can't count the number of times I've restarted the venture.

I'll post two images from Harper's redesign below, the second and the last one. Whenever I redesign a character, I usually do a before and after process on my Patreon. If you've ever wanted to see Kelly Clark and Missus Powell naked before it happens in the story, that's the place to view it! I don't typically advertise this since I'm not redesigning a character every month, but I wanted to show people how I'm improving as a content creator with their help. These are all skills I developed while working on Superheroes Suck with the support of my community, and I would have never considered investing the time into character visual overhauls without their encouragement.

patreon_3.jpg
patreon_7.jpg

All new events (and Harper's revisions) will include this updated model, so you'll notice some visual inconsistencies when you jump back and forth between new and old content. And yes, this does mean that one day, in the Grim Dark Future, I'm going to have to go back and redo Harper's old content with the new model. I try not to think about it.

Oct 8, 2019
Knight of Solace I apologize if this question has been asked before but do you plan on bringing Lovestruck back at all? Maybe adding her to the school? I just think her attitude would be so different from everyone else's that it would add a lot of spice to the story. That and I still love her catchphrase haha.

Reactions: The ArcKnight

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
So the release .. early 7th rendition is out ...
Dev be like

FEB 15, 2021 AT 3:27 AM

[Progress Report]: 14th of February

Hey everyone,The early build of Version 0.70 comes out next week!
It feels like an age since I've released something, and I am so happy

FEB 22, 2021 AT 2:10 AM

[Early Build] Superheroes Suck Version 0.70

Change-Log from 0.65 to 0.70: 3.5 Valentina Training Revision Events

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This game .. nice set up .. strange need to check all places a lot of times for getting ahead ...
My perception is .. I keep skipping some steps .. babes be locked in same interactions 4 days on end ... then they lock up.
Would be nice to see a road map of how it should be ... like babe a in the morning, babe b in the afternoon ...
The feels is .. this be the build up for romance, but it also feels like a brick by brick repetitive task.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2019
So the release .. early 7th rendition is out ...
Dev be like

FEB 15, 2021 AT 3:27 AM

[Progress Report]: 14th of February

Hey everyone,The early build of Version 0.70 comes out next week!
It feels like an age since I've released something, and I am so happy

FEB 22, 2021 AT 2:10 AM

[Early Build] Superheroes Suck Version 0.70

Change-Log from 0.65 to 0.70: 3.5 Valentina Training Revision Events
Having some network issues Canto? You double posted this haha.

Knight of Solace

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2019
Knight of Solace I apologize if this question has been asked before but do you plan on bringing Lovestruck back at all? Maybe adding her to the school? I just think her attitude would be so different from everyone else's that it would add a lot of spice to the story. That and I still love her catchphrase haha.
Lovestruck will be a future romance option. The villains will just take longer than the heroines to unlock and romance.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
This game .. nice set up .. strange need to check all places a lot of times for getting ahead ...
My perception is .. I keep skipping some steps .. babes be locked in same interactions 4 days on end ... then they lock up.
Would be nice to see a road map of how it should be ... like babe a in the morning, babe b in the afternoon ...
The feels is .. this be the build up for romance, but it also feels like a brick by brick repetitive task.
it already is sorta 1 babe at morning etc although has to choose what babe to have fun in morning.

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
I was having a relatively decent time playing this despite the sandbox (which I loathe in VN's) up until the first sex scene with Harper. It felt incredibly forced and rushed after having a decent pace in character development, and the MC doesn't say a word the entire scene, it makes the ''romance'' tag lose quite a bit of credibility if the MC doesn't even talk or respond to the girls while having sexual encounters with them.... It went from feeling like a game that actually has character depth to another fuck doll harem game in a flash. What a shame, had potential :/

Best of luck to Dev though, this is just my opinion. It's still pretty decent, just not what I was hoping it would be, sadly.

• Angry
Reactions: Avaron1974
Oct 8, 2019
I was having a relatively decent time playing this despite the sandbox (which I loathe in VN's) up until the first sex scene with Harper. It felt incredibly forced and rushed after having a decent pace in character development, and the MC doesn't say a word the entire scene, it makes the ''romance'' tag lose quite a bit of credibility if the MC doesn't even talk or respond to the girls while having sexual encounters with them.... It went from feeling like a game that actually has character depth to another fuck doll harem game in a flash. What a shame, had potential :/

Best of luck to Dev though, this is just my opinion. It's still pretty decent, just not what I was hoping it would be, sadly.
Go through and play the rest of what's available. The mc himself doesn't talk to much to begin with but the characters certainly have more feelings for one another than you have seen.

Reactions: Cigzag and Jimbog

Jimbog

Feb 27, 2018

I have to agree with An Ace Among Men. Play some more and I think you will be happier, this is one of my favs and I hate sandbox as well. Just my opinion but I think you will be missing out on a good experience if you stop too soon.

Reactions: Cigzag

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
I have to agree with An Ace Among Men. Play some more and I think you will be happier, this is one of my favs and I hate sandbox as well. Just my opinion but I think you will be missing out on a good experience if you stop too soon.
Yeah I do plan to continue playing it, but mostly because I have played pretty much every other good VN on this site already and are running out of options. I can believe there's more to the characters than what I've seen. I have noticed Chrys seems to be putting on a slutty facade, and Valentina (I think?) is quite cold and distant which I always enjoy. Are their scenes and interactions better than Harpers? Because that really made me cringe I'm afraid :/

Jimbog

Feb 27, 2018
Yeah I do plan to continue playing it, but mostly because I have played pretty much every other good VN on this site already and are running out of options. I can believe there's more to the characters than what I've seen. I have noticed Chrys seems to be putting on a slutty facade, and Valentina (I think?) is quite cold and distant which I always enjoy. Are their scenes and interactions better than Harpers? Because that really made me cringe I'm afraid :/
My take is that Harper has the weakest characterization, Chrys probably has the best, but Riley is my favourite by far. This game does not take itself too seriously, treat it as if it is a summer movie not a blockbuster academy award extravaganza. It is a fun game with nice characters.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This here be a game about new environments, fachade power plays, gurly chit-chat,
talking behind MCs back, parading in front of MC, insecurity shenanigans, feelings ablaze.
Go through and play the rest of what's available. The mc himself doesn't talk to much to begin with but the characters certainly have more feelings for one another than you have seen.
My take is that Harper has the weakest characterization, Chrys probably has the best, but Riley is my favourite by far. This game does not take itself too seriously, treat it as if it is a summer movie not a blockbuster academy award extravaganza. It is a fun game with nice characters.
Feelings are pretty hard to come by, by design or by choice, which gurls will hold just to spite.
So yeah, should you want tropes, gurls being mean and cold just to ”make MC fall for them”
is one of them, gurls ”holding out fo” MC to hero himself into their lives” rather than confess feelings and have a go at relationing is another good old trick to keep gamers guessing:
Are we there yet, her wet and MC on hand to quench the drippage?
Is she there yet at realising her feelings and seeing them reciprocated in MC?

Go game and break all of those tropes by honest no holding back all in sessions.

Knight of Solace

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2019

Hey there,
I'm sorry you had a bad experience. The public update coming out this Sunday actually has six new (old?) events aimed at better fleshing out Harper's early game. The version after that will also replace and update her slideshow H-events.

It's been... I think a year since I first made Harper's first blowjob event? Back then, there was a significant grind that forced you to slow down with Harper's story. It really was a grind, though, so I removed it a month later and I haven't had the time to go back and replace it with real content until now. I just kind of had to accept that the early game would feel forced and rushed until I could sort it out. This was compounded by Harper's redesign not being done until some weeks ago.

The protagonist not being very wordy is also changing. There was a lot about him that I didn't have defined early on. I even held a Patreon vote to see whether or not he should have a set "face" and... well, it tied. Such is life.

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
Hey there,
I'm sorry you had a bad experience. The public update coming out this Sunday actually has six new (old?) events aimed at better fleshing out Harper's early game. The version after that will also replace and update her slideshow H-events.

It's been... I think a year since I first made Harper's first blowjob event? Back then, there was a significant grind that forced you to slow down with Harper's story. It really was a grind, though, so I removed it a month later and I haven't had the time to go back and replace it with real content until now. I just kind of had to accept that the early game would feel forced and rushed until I could sort it out. This was compounded by Harper's redesign not being done until some weeks ago.

The protagonist not being very wordy is also changing. There was a lot about him that I didn't have defined early on. I even held a Patreon vote to see whether or not he should have a set "face" and... well, it tied. Such is life.
Hey man, I appreciate you taking the time out of what I am sure is a busy development cycle to respond to my criticism of your game with nothing but class, mega props for that. I would like to add that this game does have a lot of GOOD going for it, far more good than bad, but as I said I was really thrown back by the Harper scene since everything prior to that scene felt well written and paced.

I am glad that you as the developer can see the faults (even though I thought of it as more of my personal tastes than a fault of the game) and really respect your ability to take player feedback in stride. You're the kind of developer I want to see succeed because the best ones are the ones who are able to take criticism to heart instead of ignoring it or getting offended.

I am going to continue playing the rest of your VN and will make a proper conclusion on it once I reach the end of the current content cycle. I wish you the absolute best of luck man, keep up the good work you are doing here :)

Not sure if my vote counts or not, but in VN's and even mainstream video games I absolutely prefer the MC to have a set face. In my opinion, this makes the MC feel more involved in the world of the story and with the characters. I never think of myself as actually being the MC but rather molding him in to what I think is best with the choices, so having a faceless POV type MC has never done anything for me. Either methods work though :D

Reactions: Knight of Solace
Oct 8, 2019
Hey man, I appreciate you taking the time out of what I am sure is a busy development cycle to respond to my criticism of your game with nothing but class, mega props for that. I would like to add that this game does have a lot of GOOD going for it, far more good than bad, but as I said I was really thrown back by the Harper scene since everything prior to that scene felt well written and paced.

I am glad that you as the developer can see the faults (even though I thought of it as more of my personal tastes than a fault of the game) and really respect your ability to take player feedback in stride. You're the kind of developer I want to see succeed because the best ones are the ones who are able to take criticism to heart instead of ignoring it or getting offended.

I am going to continue playing the rest of your VN and will make a proper conclusion on it once I reach the end of the current content cycle. I wish you the absolute best of luck man, keep up the good work you are doing here :)

Not sure if my vote counts or not, but in VN's and even mainstream video games I absolutely prefer the MC to have a set face. In my opinion, this makes the MC feel more involved in the world of the story and with the characters. I never think of myself as actually being the MC but rather molding him in to what I think is best with the choices, so having a faceless POV type MC has never done anything for me. Either methods work though :D
Development cycle? But I haven't told anyone on here about my game yet, who you been talking to? HAHA just messing with you, I figure that you quoted me and did realize it but I couldn't let the joke go.

• Haha
Reactions: Cigzag
4.10 star(s) 87 Votes