Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
Development cycle? But I haven't told anyone on here about my game yet, who you been talking to? HAHA just messing with you, I figure that you quoted me and did realize it but I couldn't let the joke go.
Sorry, quoting you definitely wasn't intentional...but since it happened...

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
So .. um .. we are in dire need of fresh faces around here c...
but bassilica busts with no heads work
so well all over the world ... should you decide it stays like this, then no biggie.
Hey there,
I'm sorry you had a bad experience. The public update coming out this Sunday actually has six new (old?) events aimed at better fleshing out Harper's early game. The version after that will also replace and update her slideshow H-events.

It's been... I think a year since I first made Harper's first blowjob event? Back then, there was a significant grind that forced you to slow down with Harper's story. It really was a grind, though, so I removed it a month later and I haven't had the time to go back and replace it with real content until now. I just kind of had to accept that the early game would feel forced and rushed until I could sort it out. This was compounded by Harper's redesign not being done until some weeks ago.

The protagonist not being very wordy is also changing. There was a lot about him that I didn't have defined early on. I even held a Patreon vote to see whether or not he should have a set "face" and... well, it tied. Such is life.
Life is what you make it. A lot of games use amorph kind of human like figgures of light or dark tones to filler the scenes ... the identity of the MC is important and a memorable face away from the base models reused 100ds of times would be welcome.

Complacency is the friend of procrastination .. please do not postpone what you feel deep inside that is needed 4 your vision for this game to go further, reach bigger audiences, soar in recognition.

No holding back ... you only live now, go game!

Reactions: Knight of Solace

Knight of Solace

Developer of: Superheroes Suck!
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2019
Hey man, I appreciate you taking the time out of what I am sure is a busy development cycle to respond to my criticism of your game with nothing but class, mega props for that. I would like to add that this game does have a lot of GOOD going for it, far more good than bad, but as I said I was really thrown back by the Harper scene since everything prior to that scene felt well written and paced.

I am glad that you as the developer can see the faults (even though I thought of it as more of my personal tastes than a fault of the game) and really respect your ability to take player feedback in stride. You're the kind of developer I want to see succeed because the best ones are the ones who are able to take criticism to heart instead of ignoring it or getting offended.

I am going to continue playing the rest of your VN and will make a proper conclusion on it once I reach the end of the current content cycle. I wish you the absolute best of luck man, keep up the good work you are doing here :)

Not sure if my vote counts or not, but in VN's and even mainstream video games I absolutely prefer the MC to have a set face. In my opinion, this makes the MC feel more involved in the world of the story and with the characters. I never think of myself as actually being the MC but rather molding him in to what I think is best with the choices, so having a faceless POV type MC has never done anything for me. Either methods work though :D
Funny story about that...

While creating the new content, I went back and redid the introduction of the game, which is why the drop in quality seems so strange. It's literally the oldest content Superheroes Suck shipped with sandwiched by the newer content.

I really do appreciate the feedback. I agree with almost all of it in this forum, it's all just a time - thing. I can only cram so much content in per update, and so I try to focus on the most egregious problems first. Knowing what I know now, I would never have launched Superheroes Suck in this state, but if I didn't lauch it all the way back then, I would never have made the improvements it now has.

Thank you for the well wishes! I need them. Badly.

I'll probably do something with the Protagonist's face coming up. There's a few scenes I'd like to revisit in Version 0.75 when I tackle another part of the introduction. Hopefully by the end, the whole experience is more cohesive.

Knight of Solace

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2019
Hey everyone,

With the new public version now out, I wanted I take some time to update you all on F95 about the current development cycle of Superheroes Suck. My patrons got this story as it was happening, and I keep forgetting that almost no one from this thread can see those posts.

A long story made short, the hospital I work at is going bankrupt and I was laid off last week. It's kind of mixed news for the game itself, since I have effectively gone "full time" on Superheroes Suck while I look for another job. I'm not in a bad financial situation, so don't worry about that, and there are plenty of other hospitals about an hour or so out from me that I can apply, but I'm going to use the next three or so months to really double down on development. I've gone from working on it for around 30 hours a week to around 45, and it's giving me the opportunity to address long-standing issues in the game like the old slideshow animations.

It is a little nerve-wracking since I'm not anywhere near my goals for full time development, but not having a day job means that my work week is actually 45 hours and not 70 hours combined anymore. I woke up at nine this morning, which was pretty neat. Honestly, it feels like a vacation, except I'm rendering five days out of the week. More updates on what this means for the game as soon as I figure out... what it means for the game. More hours typically means more consistent content, but I've also not really had the chance to work on the game when I wasn't "tired" before. It's a brave new world.

I've gone mad with power.

That does it for the news, please enjoy the release!

Oct 8, 2019
Hey everyone,

With the new public version now out, I wanted I take some time to update you all on F95 about the current development cycle of Superheroes Suck. My patrons got this story as it was happening, and I keep forgetting that almost no one from this thread can see those posts.

A long story made short, the hospital I work at is going bankrupt and I was laid off last week. It's kind of mixed news for the game itself, since I have effectively gone "full time" on Superheroes Suck while I look for another job. I'm not in a bad financial situation, so don't worry about that, and there are plenty of other hospitals about an hour or so out from me that I can apply, but I'm going to use the next three or so months to really double down on development. I've gone from working on it for around 30 hours a week to around 45, and it's giving me the opportunity to address long-standing issues in the game like the old slideshow animations.

It is a little nerve-wracking since I'm not anywhere near my goals for full time development, but not having a day job means that my work week is actually 45 hours and not 70 hours combined anymore. I woke up at nine this morning, which was pretty neat. Honestly, it feels like a vacation, except I'm rendering five days out of the week. More updates on what this means for the game as soon as I figure out... what it means for the game. More hours typically means more consistent content, but I've also not really had the chance to work on the game when I wasn't "tired" before. It's a brave new world.

Sorry, I don't want to bring down your celebration but I have to ask. You had the opportunity to call yourself "Doctor Knight" and you missed it? Sory, couldn't resist haha.

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Character model changes eh? Such a wide variance in whether that's a good thing or a bad thing. Here's hoping it isn't 'A New Home' level of change and (to me) disappointment. The changes to the mother's and two sister's models was a travesty, from unique to bog standard, two-tone, long hair clones but I digress.

I assume the remade training will trigger like the previous ones? More interested in the main story advancement honestly, I gotta know what powers or lack thereof the MC has.

Knight of Solace

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2019
Character model changes eh? Such a wide variance in whether that's a good thing or a bad thing. Here's hoping it isn't 'A New Home' level of change and (to me) disappointment. The changes to the mother's and two sister's models was a travesty, from unique to bog standard, two-tone, long hair clones but I digress.

I assume the remade training will trigger like the previous ones? More interested in the main story advancement honestly, I gotta know what powers or lack thereof the MC has.
The redesigns for each character have been well received so far. My goal wasn't to overhaul them to the point that they're unrecognizable - it's more of a visual touch-up now that I'm more comfortable with some of the morphing tools. The lighting and general quality of the game has increased quite a bit since the initial release, and I'm just bringing them up to the same standard. Actually, every girl in the Academy has had some light adjustments to their look by now, I just usually don't announce things like tinting the iris color or changing the opacity on glasses, etc.

The new training events are triggered just like they were before, there's just content there now as opposed to only having the generic training screen. I wanted to tackle this since I get a lot of feedback on either how "grindy" the game is or how poorly paced it is. They were both right, and this is my attempt to address it.

I am bursting at the seams to jump into the main story! There are so many new characters I'd like to introduce, patrol events, plot reveals... It's just lower on the priority at the moment. I feel like I've left the early game of Superheroes Suck to flounder for too long, and that it's putting off people from exploring the rest of the game. I'd like to fix that up first and then I'll go back to diving one hundred percent back into the main story. It shouldn't take too long to finish.

Zeruvex

Mar 22, 2020
Hey everyone,

Dude come apply here in our hospital we are in dire need of nurses. Ive been sick of having to cover so many slots for the past months. Good luck on ur game. Have not yet tried ur game but soon

Knight of Solace

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2019
Dude come apply here in our hospital we are in dire need of nurses. Ive been sick of having to cover so many slots for the past months. Good luck on ur game. Have not yet tried ur game but soon
God, I know how that goes. They worked me like a dog back in 2020. I must have been sleeping in the parking lot after my shift like twice a week after Thanksgiving. Business should have been better, but our CFO ran it into the ground. I also wish I got paid as much as a Nurse, but I am just a humble Ward Clark / Monitor Tech / the guy that reaches stuff in the stock room.

Thank you! Please enjoy your playthrough!

Zeruvex

Mar 22, 2020
God, I know how that goes. They worked me like a dog back in 2020. I must have been sleeping in the parking lot after my shift like twice a week after Thanksgiving. Business should have been better, but our CFO ran it into the ground. I also wish I got paid as much as a Nurse, but I am just a humble Ward Clark / Monitor Tech / the guy that reaches stuff in the stock room.

Thank you! Please enjoy your playthrough!
Yeah we all carry so much burden its just too bad that they cut u off. But hey maybe focusing on ur game for a while will get ur mind off the bad things. Good luck and god speed

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Caught up with the Dev, and for a moment, thought was missing something, because the message from the Dev before studying with Harper, and training with Valentina, but nope, I was on the right track with getting caught up again. This game, it is an interesting one, that's for sure. Each of the characters have their own traits, it is hard for me to pick a favorite, but do enjoy this game thus far. Thank you.

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Superheroes Suck [v0.70.5 Public] Solace

Original Size Win/Linux: 928 MB
Original Size Mac: 910 MB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 623 MB: -
Compressed Size Mac: 606 MB: -

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:

4.10 star(s) 87 Votes