Knight of Solace

Developer of: Superheroes Suck!
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2019
I second this idea (partially cos im a lil salty over relatively low number of Chrys "scenes" ->v>-) but perhaps it would also be a good idea to mebbie tell people which people you want to work on in a chapter, then ask the community who to work on first? Then go in voting order of who got most to least votes if that makes any sense? :)
(Sorry if already been suggested, i'm a pretty new fan)
I'll probably restrict Riley during the next vote, but that's because she's at a point in her story where gratuitous sexy times needs to take a back seat until a few problems are resolved and she's out of rooms for unique scenes. I'm going to need to start giving her night H-events soon.

I try not to interfere with the polls too much because, I mean, at that point what am I doing with a poll? The h-scene polls are also important for another reason: they represent a week of development time that must be dedicated to that character. It guarantees them story content along with an H-event. It's easier for me to tie them together, since sometimes an H-event is part of the story, and if not, I can just place one before that event.

Ideally, this whole situation is resolved by just more people voting. I'm not all that bothered by who wins. I only put up polls when I know I can follow through all of the outcomes. I'm bring it up here because Chrys' bathroom event has been a mystery for several versions now. Why? She hasn't won any polls. If people want to see that sooner rather than later, they should vote.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: imzahai

Spiderfox

Nov 28, 2018
I'll probably restrict Riley during the next vote, but that's because she's at a point in her story where gratuitous sexy times needs to take a back seat until a few problems are resolved and she's out of rooms for unique scenes. I'm going to need to start giving her night H-events soon.

I try not to interfere with the polls too much because, I mean, at that point what am I doing with a poll? The h-scene polls are also important for another reason: they represent a week of development time that must be dedicated to that character. It guarantees them story content along with an H-event. It's easier for me to tie them together, since sometimes an H-event is part of the story, and if not, I can just place one before that event.

Ideally, this whole situation is resolved by just more people voting. I'm not all that bothered by who wins. I only put up polls when I know I can follow through all of the outcomes. I'm bring it up here because Chrys' bathroom event has been a mystery for several versions now. Why? She hasn't won any polls. If people want to see that sooner rather than later, they should vote.

you can't go wrong including more

clamp360

Apr 29, 2020
How evenly split do you plan to have the girls? I mean so far this is set up as a harem with the main four having a roughly equal amount of content, do you plan to have the other "side" girls have as much and become "full fledged" members of the harem with romance and stuff or are they just going to have a few scenes for some fun on the side? Or am I completely wrong and at some point we're gonna have to pick a girl?

Edit: Also just have to say I've really enjoyed the game and I'm a huge fan of Riley. Except for the being married part she's certainly my type and I look forward to more of her story!

May 26, 2018
I can understand why some might think invisibility is not a viable hero's power, but how can someone think phasing isn't?

Have people really never heard of ShadowKat aka Kitty Pride?

Knight of Solace

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2019
I can understand why some might think invisibility is not a viable hero's power, but how can someone think phasing isn't?

Have people really never heard of ShadowKat aka Kitty Pride?
All of the girls in the Academy have "viable" powers.

Knight of Solace

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2019
How evenly split do you plan to have the girls? I mean so far this is set up as a harem with the main four having a roughly equal amount of content, do you plan to have the other "side" girls have as much and become "full fledged" members of the harem with romance and stuff or are they just going to have a few scenes for some fun on the side? Or am I completely wrong and at some point we're gonna have to pick a girl?

Edit: Also just have to say I've really enjoyed the game and I'm a huge fan of Riley. Except for the being married part she's certainly my type and I look forward to more of her story!
Superheroes Suck is a full harem game - you won't have to choose between any of the girls. Actually, it's the opposite. You have to choose all of the four main girls because their stories support each other.

When it comes to "side" girls, the plan is for them to have smaller amounts of content which will vary from character to character. The "main" Academy girls are planned with three story arcs in mind. "Side" girls will have one arc.

Thank you for the kind words and I'll keep working on Riley! There's a lot planned for every character.

RedRidingWolf

Jul 24, 2018
Superheroes Suck is a full harem game - you won't have to choose between any of the girls. Actually, it's the opposite. You have to choose all of the four main girls because their stories support each other.

When it comes to "side" girls, the plan is for them to have smaller amounts of content which will vary from character to character. The "main" Academy girls are planned with three story arcs in mind. "Side" girls will have one arc.

Thank you for the kind words and I'll keep working on Riley! There's a lot planned for every character.
I would like the purple haired bar maid as a side girl, like information dealer or something like that ^^

Knight of Solace

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2019
I would like the purple haired bar maid as a side girl, like information dealer or something like that ^^
I remember Aska being really popular when she first came out!

It will be a very long time before I start working on side characters for content, since I'm pretty sure a mob would show up at my door if I started ignoring the main girls, but she is planned for content in the future.

RedRidingWolf

Jul 24, 2018
I remember Aska being really popular when she first came out!

It will be a very long time before I start working on side characters for content, since I'm pretty sure a mob would show up at my door if I started ignoring the main girls, but she is planned for content in the future.
The classic one with forks and torches I guess ;) Well I must say, I enjoy the viewpoint of how the heros are seen in public here. Complet different approch then DC or Marvel. Also the little Details, like the mentionet hallway after muffintime scene, are good. I guess the storywriting is the hardest part of your work ^^

Reactions: Knight of Solace

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
Riley's powers make sense, but then again I used to read 90s-era Superboy.

Riley's powers are basically just a severely watered down version of his "Tactile Telekinesis".

So the basic concepts she's introducing aren't new to me.

Reactions: Knight of Solace

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I think the reasoning behind everyone having a big expectation of the locked bathroom door is that it wouldn't seem to be Chrys.

We already had Chrys in the bathroom previously with the being stuck portion. Secondly she walks through walls/doors so she really wouldn't think to lock doors and wedge them closed. With such an analytical mind, she would wait until MC fell asleep and then check his room to make sure, then go shower (I do understand she needs her day/night shower time like the other girls have though). So it feels like it would be something out of left field like Artemisia actually being a transformer and can become an Android body that showers instead of car washes, or someone secretly living in the locked room next to Riley like QU or the mysterious tech person, etc.

I think the "viable powers" is now more debatable with the Heroes Association basically saying actual physical abilities like Super Strength and the like matter. Invisibility is cool to us and we can imagine ways for use, but as mentioned by Riley, invisibility will not stop a flying car or deal with a place burning down, etc.

So the question becomes is the Academy more a "misfits" powers academy rather than an actual training ground for the new gen of superpowered people? And will the Association take kindly to them? QU may view these things differently but it is her versus what is akin to the Avengers.

As an aside does anyone besides MC and Riley know of the cat?

I think Riley's powers boil down to can you move it a tiny bit? If yes, then you can move it however you want. If no, then go get fucked.

ciberma7865

Jan 13, 2020
Do you intend to release the game on Steam (or in any other platform) ? Cause i'm not a patreon fan and i still want to support you

Knight of Solace

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2019
Do you intend to release the game on Steam (or in any other platform) ? Cause i'm not a patreon fan and i still want to support you
I am planning to release it on Steam, but not any time soon. Probably once the game is closer to completion and all I'm doing is "touch-ups."

You really only get a few chances to grab some visibility on Steam. That may determine whether or not I have the funds to start a new project after I complete Superheroes Suck or just hang up my keyboard altogether.

clamp360

Apr 29, 2020
Uh, not sure what I did wrong but I got the patrol with Chrys after the meeting with Powell where she talks about it. (Official Release)

Knight of Solace

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2019
Uh, not sure what I did wrong but I got the patrol with Chrys after the meeting with Powell where she talks about it. (Official Release)
Good spot. I found the problem and I'll upload a fix in a few hours (my upload speed is quite slow).

It shouldn't break any progress in the game.

4.10 star(s) 87 Votes