SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
Bold move having only story content this update, but I dig it. Heard mention of an overhaul of the repeatable sex events, but honestly, I think it would have been better disabling sex scenes just for this update. It's just that the tone shift between their dialog events and the sex events is too jarring at this time. Whenever we get a word with them, they're all struggling to process what's happening and need their space and distance (especially Harper and Val), but they're totally DTF when we run into them otherwise? Felt a bit off.

• Haha
Reactions: JenusKudo

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Bold move having only story content this update, but I dig it. Heard mention of an overhaul of the repeatable sex events, but honestly, I think it would have been better disabling sex scenes just for this update. It's just that the tone shift between their dialog events and the sex events is too jarring at this time. Whenever we get a word with them, they're all struggling to process what's happening and need their space and distance (especially Harper and Val), but they're totally DTF when we run into them otherwise? Felt a bit off.
I think that this is the downfall of repeatable sex events. Such things have strengths and weaknesses and one of the weaknesses is naturally going to be that they may be incongruous with the ongoing story. That may be while they are so often formulated as shallow and spontaneous hookups. But I do agree that just jumping Riley's bones in the shower when she just got done pouring her heart out to you about how gutted she is doesn't jibe right. The problem is that I don't know how to fix it. Writing new repeatable events to only play during this sad panda portion of the story is labor-intensive as well as being a temporary solution to a permanent problem. Just as soon as the story moves on to a happier movement we will be back at square one with the repeatable events. So I wish I had a better idea of what to do other than disable the repeatable sex events during this part of the story and replace them with a two or three frame slide of the girl not being in the mood. It would be a bummer but I will give you this: It would sure as fuck motivate the player to find Queen Unbreakable.

abagel

Apr 27, 2018
Enjoyed this update like all others, but want to make what I think is a valid and reasonable point.
Josie. She is adorable.
With that stated, I think one must consider the fact that this game is on update v1-101. She, being a new addition, has spent far less time buck ass nude than her fellow cuties.
She is very charming and funny and well written. I would not want to see this nuance compromised.
The obvious solution is that regardless of sexual content amount of next update, Josie should be inexplicably nude throughout. It need not be explained.

------

Anyways, nakers Josie rant aside, I love this game and it's well written so I'll continue to enjoy it!

Blades4119

Jul 9, 2021
I think that this is the downfall of repeatable sex events. Such things have strengths and weaknesses and one of the weaknesses is naturally going to be that they may be incongruous with the ongoing story. That may be while they are so often formulated as shallow and spontaneous hookups. But I do agree that just jumping Riley's bones in the shower when she just got done pouring her heart out to you about how gutted she is doesn't jibe right. The problem is that I don't know how to fix it. Writing new repeatable events to only play during this sad panda portion of the story is labor-intensive as well as being a temporary solution to a permanent problem. Just as soon as the story moves on to a happier movement we will be back at square one with the repeatable events. So I wish I had a better idea of what to do other than disable the repeatable sex events during this part of the story and replace them with a two or three frame slide of the girl not being in the mood. It would be a bummer but I will give you this: It would sure as fuck motivate the player to find Queen Unbreakable.
That brings up a question: could there be different triggers for those repeatable sex events so that some of them don't get so awkward?

Brady2626

Engaged Member
Mar 2, 2018
That brings up a question: could there be different triggers for those repeatable sex events so that some of them don't get so awkward?
only real way would for them to reject sex and or not be in the position to give any for a bit maybe have them locked in their room for a day or so after a particularly heart felt or heavy scene should be relatively easy to implement

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Well, coding-wise it would be easy to disable those repeatable events, it's literally adding a line of code to check for a particular variable related to MIssus Powell's abduction

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
only real way would for them to reject sex and or not be in the position to give any for a bit maybe have them locked in their room for a day or so after a particularly heart felt or heavy scene should be relatively easy to implement
that wouldn't stop chrys ya know.

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
Dont know why but I think the Mayor is involved...
He was mentioned A LOT in this release.
Anything's possible, sure. But I doubt it. The Mayor's mentions were all "in context". Alot of references to city procedural issues and city history will naturally come with alot of references to the character in charge of those things

Only Old Man Handlebars keeps getting non-contextual appearances which means he's either....

1) MC's Dad
2) The big Villain
3) Both 1 and 2
4) A red herring

And I doubt he's a red herring.

I suspect Handlebars(the old man with the big handlebar mustache who bought MC's old store) is both the mastermind villain behind all this and MC's dad.

Might even be the Magnetism villain Unbreakable and Harper were out fighting that day. Which could explain the shield that neither Harper, nor MC currently seem capable of generating. He threw the car at harper, then at the last second saw it was about to splatter his own son, and put up the shield.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Stuck and can't progress, anybody got any clues?

I used the multi-mod to give myself a lot of confidence and fitness and aptitude, nothing else.

Hint at top right for both harper and riley says to talk to riley, but the riley room isn't finished so can't find her.

Hint for both chrys and valentina says wonder what's going to be lectured this weekend.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Dont know why but I think the Mayor is involved...
He was mentioned A LOT in this release.
Eh...it's pretty much a universal truth that politicians (all of them) only care about personal power (be that in the form of wealth, prestige, control, etc). Even if the mayor is corrupt (which is likely, because, let's face it, politician), getting involved in the disappearance or whatever of Queen Unbreakable isn't a terribly smart plan. Crime would skyrocket as soon as it was discovered, and it's pretty hard to get reelected when shit's on fire all over the city.

Mayor : "Under my administration we lost our patron hero and everything south of the train tracks is kinda underwater...oh, and all the banks were robbed, but I promise you I'll fix it if you give me 4 more years!"

He'd have to be guaranteed one hell of a payday to risk that, or be really, REALLY stupid.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Anything's possible, sure. But I doubt it. The Mayor's mentions were all "in context". Alot of references to city procedural issues and city history will naturally come with alot of references to the character in charge of those things

Only Old Man Handlebars keeps getting non-contextual appearances which means he's either....

1) MC's Dad
2) The big Villain
3) Both 1 and 2
4) A red herring

And I doubt he's a red herring.

I suspect Handlebars(the old man with the big handlebar mustache who bought MC's old store) is both the mastermind villain behind all this and MC's dad.

Might even be the Magnetism villain Unbreakable and Harper were out fighting that day. Which could explain the shield that neither Harper, nor MC currently seem capable of generating. He threw the car at harper, then at the last second saw it was about to splatter his own son, and put up the shield.
While I love this theory, it isn't possible. I do love the fact that Metal Mage would find fighting Queen Unbreakable, Riley, and Harper so easy that he would have the opportunity to take a break to buy some flavor punch gum and give unsolicited relationship advice (and he was wearing that weird wizard hat that one time) but Metal Mage was supposedly caught and imprisoned during the time when handlebars bought and managed the old store. We all agree that there is more to the old man than meets the eye and the advocates of MCs "Touch Power" theory do hold to the old man being the source of that shield, if in an indirect way.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheCrimsonRevenger

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
While I love this theory, it isn't possible. I do love the fact that Metal Mage would find fighting Queen Unbreakable, Riley, and Harper so easy that he would have the opportunity to take a break to buy some flavor punch gum and give unsolicited relationship advice (and he was wearing that weird wizard hat that one time) but Metal Mage was supposedly caught and imprisoned during the time when handlebars bought and managed the old store. We all agree that there is more to the old man than meets the eye and the advocates of MCs "Touch Power" theory do hold to the old man being the source of that shield, if in an indirect way.
Improbable? Absolutely.

Impossible? I wouldn't go that far. Look at the "battle" between Riley/MC/Lovestruck.

There was a good bit of Cat and Mouse in that battle. It's not inconceivable that 'Metal Mage' ducked off, slipped into his civvies, and dropped in to see how his boy was doing. Especially if MC's power activation was no accident but part of a larger plan.

Could be the old man chose that specific area to stir up trouble because he wanted to force his boy into a scenario that would trigger his powers. Maybe he was trying to do a more extreme version of what Queen Unbreakable tried to do with the bench.

I don't remember enough about his capture to speculate on how that impacts the theory but let's face it. It wouldn't be the first supervillain with the means to stroll in and out of prison as they see fit, right under the noses of the authorities...or with their complicity. We know he's got allies and influence...and if the cat truly is Harper's sister, he's clearly not above choosing people with highly unorthodox powers and backgrounds for his allies.

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Stuck and can't progress, anybody got any clues?

I used the multi-mod to give myself a lot of confidence and fitness and aptitude, nothing else.

Hint at top right for both harper and riley says to talk to riley, but the riley room isn't finished so can't find her.

Hint for both chrys and valentina says wonder what's going to be lectured this weekend.
what display next to garage says where riley is? what char profiles say (click heart)?

4.10 star(s) 87 Votes