Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
According to the first(?) stream WW did we know that at the very least the "player" will be getting at least some of Cole's backstory, while WW didnt make it clear if MC would be seeing it or if it would be extra context for us (like some of klaus stuff was "seen/told" to MC while some is not yet we still see it)

if you throw him a 4th evo (the one that would give him a redesign) in the same fight I feel like the (narrative) chances of killing him go down quite a bit :BootyTime:, on top of that you also have to consider that unless Ella Doll and MC are done interacting for the foreseeable future she has to return to the MC before he leaves the dimension which means the chances of Cole seeing her are pretty high IMO.

Reactions: SquallofNight

TheOneZR

May 4, 2023
34 days until june and time is gonna pass very slowly at least that is gonna feel like it as it is with good things

Last edited:
Reactions: Doom Marine
Apr 17, 2024
So, my mind wandered as I was out jogging and I came up with a theory that kind of ballooned into a crazy string of connections. Looking back through the search function I don't think anyone has proposed this before, but I might be wrong. In either case, my crazy theory:

The Lord of the Dark is the Great Lord of the sea-dweller alternate humans.

Here's my logic:

A theory I've seen thrown around is that the Lord of Dark, despite being the one in charge of the Dark trait, is not actually the 7th Apostle but something that took their place. Aglaecwif lists the Lord as something separate from the 12 Apostles when talking about the gods the monsters worship. She also calls the Lord of Dark by the alternate titles of "God Slayer" and "Apostle Devourer", so that raises the possibility that the Lord of Dark has authority over Dark by right of conquest, and killed the actual 7th Apostle to consume their power.

So why the Great Lord of the sea-dwellers as this usurper? Well, for one thing, it just fits his character. The Lord of Dark has declared war against the gods, in the name of severing their parasitic connections to other life and freeing the cosmos from them. The Great Lord of the sea-dwellers fought a war against the gods to prevent them from binding his people in their parasitic connections and making them slaves or worse. Plus, they're both called "Lord". Maybe that's a spurious argument, but it would be odd for a narrative to have two guys called the same thing with the same motivations that have no connection at all.

In terms of more specific connections, we know the Lord of Dark has a dead wife. He says as much to Valravn when turning him into a monster, that he's doing it in memory of his bride. Meanwhile, the Great Queen of the sky-dwellers, the Great Lord's counterpart, appears to have died before their war with the monsters was over. In the memory we see in the second Nyx dream, the sky-dwellers are motivated by sorrow and the Great Lord is fighting on his own. The Great Queen dying would fit that.

On a related note, the memory refers to the sky-dweller warriors as "valkyries". The mythical valkyries, the demigoddesses that took the brave to Valhalla, were accompanied by ravens. So the Lord of Dark selected a raven as his Chosen in memory of his bride, and the Great Queen had warriors whose names evoke a connection to ravens. That feels meaningful, to me. Hell, valravns and valkyries even come from the same cultural background and are etymologically related. The "val-" prefix translates to "of the slain". Valravns are the ravens of the slain, valkyries are the choosers of the slain.

Also, the Vestige spoken to in the dream accompanying Heri up the tower can be asked about Henri, and says this: "His like has not been seen since the time of our people. Of our great lord...If properly wielded, even a god would not hesitate to bring down their full might in opposition. As was the case with our great lord. We are surprised he has been allowed to live. His like have been reviled since our fall." So the great lord was a superhuman of the same incredibly strong sort as Henri, one that the gods themselves had to fight with all their might, and that after the fall of the alt-humans his kind were considered a priority target for elimination. It sounds like something the Great Lord did in that battle made them warry of his sort of being. Something like killing an Apostle and consuming it, perhaps?

Additionally, if you prescribe to the theory that Henri is a dual-spawn and his "lost power of a forgotten god" is an Arbiter trait, that furthers the comparison to the Great Lord, as the alt-humans seem to have had access to an Arbiter trait. Going back to the second Nyx dream, the memory shows that the alt-humans were working on a soul-powered weapon for the Great Lord. Soul is the Arbiter trait composed of Dark and Light. Nyx even says, when activating the soul orb she harvests from the ruins "Heh. The dark, the light, and...". That implies a thesis-antithesis-synthesis relationship and that it is indeed the Soul that's being invoked and not just some other means of manipulating soul energy, like whatever Nyx herself uses.

So, then, to summarize, my theory is that the Lord of Dark originated as particularly powerful superhuman in the sea-dweller civilization. He ascended to the position of their ruler, made peace with the queen of the sky-dwellers, and cemented the union between their peoples with a marriage. Together they led their peoples against the monsters, but she died and he was left to face them on his own. Against the odds he managed to defeat the 7th Apostle, consuming it and taking its power for his own. But his people fell, and now he's waging his war single-handedly.

Or maybe he's something else entirely. But the more I thought about this the weirder it seemed for these things to not be connected, so here's my big scrawling conspiracy wall of a theory. I look forward to people poking at my logic.

Last edited:

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
I
So, my mind wandered as I was out jogging and I came up with a theory that kind of ballooned into a crazy string of connections. Looking back through the search function I don't think anyone has proposed this before, but I might be wrong. In either case, my crazy theory:

Here's my logic:

A theory I've seen thrown around is that the Lord of Dark, despite being the one in charge of the Dark trait, is not actually the 7th Apostle but something that took their place. Aglaecwif lists the Lord as something separate from the 12 Apostles when talking about the gods the monsters worship. She also calls the Lord of Dark by the alternate titles of "God Slayer" and "Apostle Devourer", so that raises the possibility that the Lord of Dark has authority over Dark by right of conquest, and killed the actual 7th Apostle to consume their power.

So why the Great Lord of the sea-dwellers as this usurper? Well, for one thing, it just fits his character. The Lord of Dark has declared war against the gods, in the name of severing their parasitic connections to other life and freeing the cosmos from them. The Great Lord of the sea-dwellers fought a war against the gods to prevent them from binding his people in their parasitic connections and making them slaves or worse. Plus, they're both called "Lord". Maybe that's a spurious argument, but it would be odd for a narrative to have two guys called the same thing with the same motivations that have no connection at all.

In terms of more specific connections, we know the Lord of Dark has a dead wife. He says as much to Valravn when turning him into a monster, that he's doing it in memory of his bride. Meanwhile, the Great Queen of the sky-dwellers, the Great Lord's counterpart, appears to have died before their war with the monsters was over. In the memory we see in the second Nyx dream, the sky-dwellers are motivated by sorrow and the Great Lord is fighting on his own. The Great Queen dying would fit that.

On a related note, the memory refers to the sky-dweller warriors as "valkyries". The mythical valkyries, the demigoddesses that took the brave to Valhalla, were accompanied by ravens. So the Lord of Dark selected a raven as his Chosen in memory of his bride, and the Great Queen had warriors whose names evoke a connection to ravens. That feels meaningful, to me. Hell, valravns and valkyries even come from the same cultural background and are etymologically related. The "val-" prefix translates to "of the slain". Valravns are the ravens of the slain, valkyries are the choosers of the slain.

Also, the Vestige spoken to in the dream accompanying Heri up the tower can be asked about Henri, and says this: "His like has not been seen since the time of our people. Of our great lord...If properly wielded, even a god would not hesitate to bring down their full might in opposition. As was the case with our great lord. We are surprised he has been allowed to live. His like have been reviled since our fall." So the great lord was a superhuman of the same incredibly strong sort as Henri, one that the gods themselves had to fight with all their might, and that after the fall of the alt-humans his kind were considered a priority target for elimination. It sounds like something the Great Lord did in that battle made them warry of his sort of being. Something like killing an Apostle and consuming it, perhaps?

Additionally, if you prescribe to the theory that Henri is a dual-spawn and his "lost power of a forgotten god" is an Arbiter trait, that furthers the comparison to the Great Lord, as the alt-humans seem to have had access to an Arbiter trait. Going back to the second Nyx dream, the memory shows that the alt-humans were working on a soul-powered weapon for the Great Lord. Soul is the Arbiter trait composed of Dark and Light. Nyx even says, when activating the soul orb she harvests from the ruins "Ah. The Dark, the Light, and...". That implies a thesis-antithesis-synthesis relationship and that it is indeed the Soul that's being invoked and not just some other means of manipulating soul energy, like whatever Nyx herself uses.

So, then, to summarize, my theory is that the Lord of Dark originated as particularly powerful superhuman in the sea-dweller civilization. He ascended to the position of their ruler, made peace with the queen of the sky-dwellers, and cemented the union between their peoples with a marriage. Together they led their peoples against the monsters, but she died and he was left to face them on his own. Against the odds he managed to defeat the 7th Apostle, consuming it and taking its power for his own. But his people fell, and now he's waging his war single-handedly.

Or maybe he's something else entirely. But the more I thought about this the weirder it seemed for these things to not be connected, so here's my big scrawling conspiracy wall of a theory. I look forward to people poking at my logic.
I might be tripping but I thought WW already said lord of the dark and the 7th are the same he just uses the name interchangeably.

Apr 17, 2024
I

I might be tripping but I thought WW already said lord of the dark and the 7th are the same he just uses the name interchangeably.
Maybe. Word of God could shut this theory down hard. Though the Lord of Dark and the 7th being the same thing doesn't mean they were always the same thing.

Also, I thought of another connection between the Lord of Dark and the Great Lord, or at least between the Lord of Dark and the alternate humans. Remember back in Dead End #3, where the MC encounters a monster that is heavily implied to be the Lord of Dark's avatar? Remember what it had inside it?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now compare that to the orb Nyx condensed from the soul energy in the alt-human ruins.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Looks pretty similar, to me.

SquallofNight

Jan 21, 2024

Here's my logic:

Additionally, if you prescribe to the theory that Henri is a dual-spawn and his "lost power of a forgotten god" is an Arbiter trait, that furthers the comparison to the Great Lord, as the alt-humans seem to have had access to an Arbiter trait. Going back to the second Nyx dream, the memory shows that the alt-humans were working on a soul-powered weapon for the Great Lord. Soul is the Arbiter trait composed of Dark and Light. Nyx even says, when activating the soul orb she harvests from the ruins "Ah. The Dark, the Light, and...". That implies a thesis-antithesis-synthesis relationship and that it is indeed the Soul that's being invoked and not just some other means of manipulating soul energy, like whatever Nyx herself uses.

Something that could back your theory up even more is Syla.
She is a Sea-Human* and Valravn, when talking about the LoD during the Dark Dream, he refers to him as OUR lord, and since she has nothing related to the Dark it could be the Sea-Humans Lord.
Another hint could be MC's connection with Dark in general. Like, at this point, shit's absurd. From the darkness within him, to even WW naming him "Seven", theres something going on (The 7th saying "My... Death" during the dream as well).
Even when Valravn is scolding Syla, saying that she and Aos lack the guts to do what's necessary, he says that MC might yet choose to side w/him (ie., with Rav and the LoD).

*As far as we know, since MC is half something else heavily hinted at being Sea-Human

Apr 17, 2024
She is a Sea-Human* and Valravn, when talking about the LoD during the Dark Dream, he refers to him as OUR lord, and since she has nothing related to the Dark it could be the Sea-Humans Lord.
Another hint could be MC's connection with Dark in general. Like, at this point, shit's absurd. From the darkness within him, to even WW naming him "Seven", theres something going on (The 7th saying "My... Death" during the dream as well).
Even when Valravn is scolding Syla, saying that she and Aos lack the guts to do what's necessary, he says that MC might yet choose to side w/him (ie., with Rav and the LoD).

*As far as we know, since MC is half something else heavily hinted at being Sea-Human
Good points. Yeah, Valravn seems weirdly insistent on the idea that Syla and the MC should be working for the Lord of Dark. Them being members of his people could explain it. And I hadn't thought at all about the "WeirdWorld originally was going to make 'Seven' the MC's default name" thing, that would be a weird coincidence if it has nothing to do with anything.

harem.king

Aug 16, 2023
Cole's rivalry to Mc is laughable to be honest, before the twins i had a lot of things against him on a personal level but no reason to actually want him dead. After all he is a bully, he puts his own people at risk, he resorts to violence when it's harmful to his cause, he is an hypocrite who only cares about people being experimented on when it's himself under the knife, and furthermore he is a coward who dares to threaten people stronger than him just to not follow through and look like a clown.
A despicable charater ? yes but even villains can be engaging, Thanos i can respect, even Langdon makes a good impression but Cole ???
He seems like somenone you need to teach humility not like a powerful enemy you need to defeat no matter the cost, its quite pathetic.

By the way i see a lot of people bringing up his new weapon, but do we really need to even worry about that ?, Mc has been testing his skill against absolute monsters like Michael and Val, last update he can even absorb a memory of an alt-human fighting with nine arms, back in the day he could deal with Klaus plasma spear just because Klaus didn't have enough training, there is no way Cole is much better.
Even if his knife fucks you up by a simple touch Val's Dark Gouge and Michael's Crimson Knife operate the same it's not new, if Evander antimatter couldn't destroy Mc in a single strike and he just kept coming back what hope Cole even has ?
The way i see Cole either won't be able to explode Mc like before or will give up after realizing it's pointless, regular flames are useless against Mc heavy armor so he will try close range with his knife, which is stupid because Cole has no regeneration and being at Mantis Blade distance will kill him.
This guys is thoughly fucked, he needs to evolve or simply die.
Isn't cole like... 12? 14?
You also forgot to mention how much of a chuuni he is... although, I don't think a 14 year old can technically have the "14 year old disease". it is only a mental disorder when an ADULT behaves like a 14 year old.
When a 14 year old acts like a 14 year old it is just being a normal 14 year old boy.

He is horni for ella. but gets rejected because he is a kid.
he is really really edgy, because he is 14.
all his flaws... kinda fit for a kid his age.

Reactions: Netao_Da_Caxixola

TheOneZR

May 4, 2023
I think i am reaching too much here but base on what you guys are sayin the mc can potentially have sorta 3 traits.

we already know he is in the way to become the evolution combining mind with body and linking with the origin, so how he would acquire a third trait with corruption, this system has been barely used it makes the mc understand monster language and makes him more colder more prone to killing but also can generate mutations in the power the mc being half sea-human could give him access to the dark trait making him the evolution arbiter with the dark trait (busted as hell).

but that is a stretch right its not gonna happen no way too busted specially with the miasma of the dark trait that nullify others powers.

SquallofNight

Jan 21, 2024
You also forgot to mention how much of a chuuni he is... although, I don't think a 14 year old can technically have the "14 year old disease". it is only a mental disorder when an ADULT behaves like a 14 year old.
When a 14 year old acts like a 14 year old it is just being a normal 14 year old boy.

Cole's 18, he comments on it when talking with Ella in the cave (i think before the fight w/Jake, maybe a little after she frees Valravn, before monster Deryl arrives).

Reactions: Robotai
Apr 17, 2024

Cole's only a little younger than the MC. The first scene we see him in has him talking about how he's the oldest of Ella's kid and how he'll be eighteen soon. The MC joins H.E.R.O. about six months into the narrative, and that's the next major plot point, so assume Cole is around that much younger than the MC. That's probably part of his complex about the MC. Ella rejects him, but this other guy who's just a couple months older is fine?

FakeTemplar

May 9, 2023
Cole's only a little younger than the MC. The first scene we see him in has him talking about how he's the oldest of Ella's kid and how he'll be eighteen soon. The MC joins H.E.R.O. about six months into the narrative, and that's the next major plot point, so assume Cole is around that much younger than the MC. That's probably part of his complex about the MC. Ella rejects him, but this other guy who's just a couple months older is fine?
Lol, I think the main issue he has is not even about their age difference but how long each knows Ella. MC has known her for only about a few months while Cole had for years and yet all she talked about was how happy she was that MC joined H.E.R.O. as that would make him stronger and that he's progressing nicely, all that stuff. I think Cole would legit have an aneurysm if he ever know that the MC fucked Ella... more than once.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018

Briefly stopping in for this real quick. Going to have to point out a few things here.

Valravn already called all of the Apostles "our lords" during his first encounter with MC. WW also confirmed that the Lord of Dark is the 7th, along with the game itself and the character cards flat out telling you. Aglaecwif's comment about the Lord of Dark wasn't as big as some thought it was previously. She was specifically talking about worship and what other monsters believe in. This is especially so since none of the Apostles are actually dead and Valravn himself tells you that the 7th's avatar can't keep holding the others back.

If all of the Apostles are still alive, which the current update confirmed, then Lord of Dark being an Apostle slayer is nothing more than religious propaganda. Especially when slaying their shells does nothing to the Apostle itself. And once again, in context to Aglaecwif. She was specifically talking about worship and what that entails for those that do it. She even said herself that it's foolish to worship something like that. If the Lord of Dark was as powerful as the worship said, why would Aglaecwif be against worshipping it as a 10th Spawn herself?

There's also nothing strange about Valravn saying our lord to Syla or MC. All 12 Apostles are the lords of all monsters and potentially the Althumans as well. Especially monsters and spawns that descend from them. Even Fairy Thing was out there talking about say hi to the 4th and 3rd for him. Then there's the 2nd telling Michael to tell MC to devour more. It's nothing out of the ordinary. Especially when even lesser monsters worship stronger monsters and consider them God.

With all of that in mind, I don't think the Lord of Dark is nothing more than what the game and WW portrayed him to be. Majority of the theories were wrong about it, including my own, partly. It's the 7th Apostle like WW, Valravn's Card and the game itself stated.

Apr 17, 2024
Briefly stopping in for this real quick. Going to have to point out a few things here.

Valravn already called all of the Apostles "our lords" during his first encounter with MC. WW also confirmed that the Lord of Dark is the 7th, along with the game itself and the character cards flat out telling you. Aglaecwif's comment about the Lord of Dark wasn't as big as some thought it was previously. She was specifically talking about worship and what other monsters believe in. This is especially so since none of the Apostles are actually dead and Valravn himself tells you that the 7th's avatar can't keep holding the others back.

If all of the Apostles are still alive, which the current update confirmed, then Lord of Dark being an Apostle slayer is nothing more than religious propaganda. Especially when slaying their shells does nothing to the Apostle itself. And once again, in context to Aglaecwif. She was specifically talking about worship and what that entails for those that do it. She even said herself that it's foolish to worship something like that. If the Lord of Dark was as powerful as the worship said, why would Aglaecwif be against worshipping it as a 10th Spawn herself?

There's also nothing strange about Valravn saying our lord to Syla or MC. All 12 Apostles are the lords of all monsters and potentially the Althumans as well. Especially monsters and spawns that descend from them. Even Fairy Thing was out there talking about say hi to the 4th and 3rd for him. Then there's the 2nd telling Michael to tell MC to devour more. It's nothing out of the ordinary. Especially when even lesser monsters worship stronger monsters and consider them God.

With all of that in mind, I don't think the Lord of Dark is nothing more than what the game and WW portrayed him to be. Majority of the theories were wrong about it, including my own, partly. It's the 7th Apostle like WW, Valravn's Card and the game itself stated.
Could be. You are right, I am relying on subjective sources for some of my points. The parts about the Lord of Dark and the Great Lord both being these awesome super-strong guys who could kill Apostles on their own come from two separate biased sources. Those could easily be filtered through all sorts of religious beliefs and bits of propaganda. I still think there's some sort of connection there, though, even if my theory they're the same guy turns out to be wrong. There's enough that's either direct observation (the similarities between the Lord of Dark's avatar and the alt-humans' soul orb) or said by the Lord of Dark himself (him ascending Valravn in memory of his bride) that I can't quite dismiss it entirely. There's something there.

In fact, one possibility that just occured to me as I wrote this: Technically those things I'm citing aren't from the Lord of Dark, they're from the Lord of Dark's avatar. In the latest update, Eisheth says that the Apostles' avatars are made from others' bodies. What if the Lord of Dark's connection to the alt-humans isn't that he himself is one, but that his avatar is one, and it's just got some of their personality still stuck in it? Like how the MC's fusion with the Eye still had a bit of him in it. That could explain how the Lord of Dark could be just the 7th Apostle, while also having traits of the Great Lord.

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017

Well people already said, the guys is 18, sure young people do a lot of dumb stuff but from the list i did, i'm not sure if it can just be excused as "oh he is just too young".
"he is a bully, he puts his own people at risk, he resorts to violence when it's harmful to his cause, he is an hypocrite who only cares about people being experimented on when it's himself under the knife, and furthermore he is a coward who dares to threaten people stronger than him just to not follow through and look like a clown"
I think i'ts a fair view of him based on his actions and imo that's not something that is normal to teenagers, at least i hope so.

4.80 star(s) 305 Votes