Dark479

Dec 15, 2023
Do we actually know if Henri is the chimera twin from HERO or is just a theory for now ? Cause i agree he is also my bet with his weird powers (maybe a mix of Truth and Fantasy ?) and bizarre growth (going so fast to lvl 5) but i don't remember seeing a good confirmation to this yet.
I don't know if there is any solid enough evidence to suggest that could be the case but I do have a very separate theory about Henry that I think the game suggested bit too heavily:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

XeroZero000

Apr 18, 2020
I suspect that the group will spend A LOT of time (more than 6 months) in the monster world and MC won't get the chance to evolve. In fact I expect Alice, Michael and Foxgloves to evolve, before MC even sees worthwhile combat. I think we have entered the soul searching stage and I have an inkling that the monster world has a lot of secrets related to MC and his heritage

I expect that MC will return to Earth in v1.0, things will be different than how we left them and once MC steps on Earth things will get even more bizarre. This is also when I expect him to evolve.
I 100% agree with you on that. It does feel appropriate time for evolution.

Lammy123

Nov 7, 2021

With that said, what're y'all top 3 favorite fights?
I think the Cole fight is great but has a pretty big flaw, in that after we find out he didn't actually do anything to Liz/Amber it loses a lot of the emotional charge we had going in. The last cliff hanger made me want the MC to just brutalize him in the worst possible ways his powers allowed but after we found out it changed to just beat his sorry arse.

Suppose it kinda works in that you go in wanting him to be castrated and in the end you wind up feeling sorry for him but damn I wanted to some hardcore catharsis after all the shit the twins went through. Guess we'll have to wait.

That being said still a really solid fight.

The level 3 duel is a super fun back and forth with the MC's win ultimately feeling very earned. (Lots of new/cool techniques, Cole feels appropriately powerful/a threat but with real short comings that the MC can exploit).

I figured that Cole would likely evolve in this fight so that didn't feel like a cheap pull and Deryl coming in with the clutch was great after his massive L with the twins. Seeing them team up against the freshly minted level 4 was great and I loved the final power up. Amber/Liz helping a little bit while not dominating the show was a great use of them. Finally, the beatdown where the unpowered MC gets to show the sheer difference in their skills and just crush him was *chefs kiss*.

GOOD SHIT.

Now my top 3.

MC vs Bird boy - Honestly just a great fight, Not the most emotional impactful but it is the best paced and choreographed fight in the story by a mile. If I had to show 1 fight to someone to sell this game this would be it. Earning Bird Boys respect + Nico getting the hots for us was just the cherry on top.

MC vs Jake (Aka Low Tier "you should kill yourself now" God) vs Deryl - Just so many different flavours of power here combined with the emotional aspect really made this one a page turner. I actually really like Jake's power despite how OP/Simple it is.

Michael vs Zappy boy - I'm just a sucker for "unpowered" badass clobbering something supernatural through sheer skill, planning and determination.

Overall, a great update but now I need to do a Pure Alice run :/. (she is also totally evolving when it is time to leave the monster world calling it now)

Dark479

Dec 15, 2023

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I don't think the twin ark is finished any more than Deryl's arc was finished after he transformed into a monster. I think both the MC and Deryl have the potential to restore the twins and probably will...especially if MC hits 4th evolution and/or Deryl gets his hands on Tano's tool which he probably will after we kill him at some point in the future.
The twin's story will continue just like Alice's (mafia arc), Jake's, Deryl's etc, but this is was the formal conclusion of the Twin Arc according to the dev
1720028805084.png

Reactions: Glitterpuff

Lammy123

Nov 7, 2021
I also do agree with last bit. Characters should be able to pursue love If it makes sense and only if you turn them down.
Micheal and Alice are bonnie and clyde basically.
Deryl and Amber makes sense
Christine, Ella and Emily in a poly relationship makes sense.
Obviously too late to implement now. But hoping in the the ending if you don't go the harem ending, other characters don't just remain loveless for the rest of their lives.
While I don't agree with Michael/Alice (They couldn't be more platonic if they tried, like if you made them actually brother/sister I think the chance of them hooking up actually goes up :ROFLMAO:) I do hope that happens. Deryl/Amber especially makes a ton of sense (minus the current issue), its honestly a massive pet peeve of mine that so many games are legit terrified of having any other remotely sexually threatening men nearby.

Everyone is so fucking insecure.

Reactions: Glitterpuff

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
That's...interesting
Henri does seem to have the ability to reality warp, but if i had to guess i would say that is from the line of Truth, the ability to shape reality itself, however Henri also seem able to induce nightmares and travel trough the Otherworld, and this seems more close to Fantasy, that's the main reason i think he is the chimera twin.
My take is that Tanos saw someone with opposite powers thanks to their chimera DNA (Henri) then he started to research and found about the shared powerpool and twin evolution, but at first the plan was to make superhumans with acess to multiple (or even opposing) traits who evolved as fast as Henri did.

Apr 17, 2024
While I don't agree with Michael/Alice (They couldn't be more platonic if they tried, like if you made them actually brother/sister I think the chance of them hooking up actually goes up :ROFLMAO:)
Plus, I'm pretty sure that Michael is completely asexual and aromantic. He's shown absolutely zero interest in sex or romance, and seems a little confused when other people do. I don't think Michael is going to wind up with anyone, let alone Alice.

May 13, 2023
MC vs Cole fight reaction highlights part 2/3 (Yes, I skipped scenes again. Yes, the meme format is a mess. Yes, I fucking hate him):

MC vs Cole fight reaction highlights part 3/3 (Yes, some scenes may be missing. Yes, I finally learnt how to adjust the canvas in Paint manually instead of with weird shenanigans. Yes, I fucking hate him):

On a different note: I had to resize and compress the image this time to upload it, sorry about that. Do any of you happen to know what is the max file size AND aspect ratio allowed here?

And also, when does the use of the spoiler tag become unnecessary after a new update? Roughly I mean, I intend to edit the memes and remove it after some time has passed. Thanks a lot!

FakeTemplar

May 9, 2023
I suspect that the group will spend A LOT of time (more than 6 months) in the monster world and MC won't get the chance to evolve. In fact I expect Alice, Michael and Foxgloves to evolve, before MC even sees worthwhile combat. I think we have entered the soul searching stage and I have an inkling that the monster world has a lot of secrets related to MC and his heritage

I expect that MC will return to Earth in v1.0, things will be different than how we left them and once MC steps on Earth things will get even more bizarre. This is also when I expect him to evolve.
That's what I think too. IMO it's still too soon for another evolution, MC didn't even reached the limit for his memory skills yet. In fact, I think that move he made against Cole where he forged a memory of Cole succesfully hitting him is only a fraction of his memory manipulation, even at evo 3.

Reactions: Gtdead

Juan96

Mar 11, 2024
Pretty much the result of high corruption.... acting more like the monster that turned you... So dunno why you expect any different there. ;)

Perhaps it should be tied to morality here... If WW decides it should be possible having both high corruption and high morality, but somehow that seems to be out of character for the real monsters so far...
I wish it were possible, I prefer to play an MC where he is not completely good or evil, i.e. an MC who can do something morally questionable or something good without being restricted by corruption. Just like Ella, Ella can help someone, she can be affectionate with her friends or be a killer, nothing restricts her actions.

Reactions: Viniuchi

Juan96

Mar 11, 2024
I wish it were possible, I prefer to play an MC where he is not completely good or evil, i.e. an MC who can do something morally questionable or something good without being restricted by corruption. Just like Ella, Ella can help someone, she can be affectionate with her friends or be a killer, nothing restricts her actions.
That's how my choices were made in previous versions, I always killed when it didn't make me lose points with the public and the government, I always did something good for the MC's friends or some relevant character, but in this update I started to be restricted by corruption , I hated this change. My corruption was close to 40, I don't remember the exact value because I had to reduce it to 30.

Bleh21

Dec 4, 2018
While I don't agree with Michael/Alice (They couldn't be more platonic if they tried, like if you made them actually brother/sister I think the chance of them hooking up actually goes up :ROFLMAO:) I do hope that happens. Deryl/Amber especially makes a ton of sense (minus the current issue), its honestly a massive pet peeve of mine that so many games are legit terrified of having any other remotely sexually threatening men nearby.

Everyone is so fucking insecure.
Pretty sure they have to be written that way for Micheal to not end up seeming like a cuck.
They grew up together
They virtually spend every waking moment together
They fight, commit crimes basically do everything together
You cant tell me that it doesn't narratively makes sense if you discount the MC. Narratively it probably makes more sense then Deryl and Amber.

Reactions: Zeca Suez
Jul 28, 2017
MC vs Cole fight reaction highlights part 3/3 (Yes, some scenes may be missing. Yes, I finally learnt how to adjust the canvas in Paint manually instead of with weird shenanigans. Yes, I fucking hate him):

On a different note: I had to resize and compress the image this time to upload it, sorry about that. Do any of you happen to know what is the max file size AND aspect ratio allowed here?

And also, when does the use of the spoiler tag become unnecessary after a new update? Roughly I mean, I intend to edit the memes and remove it after some time has passed. Thanks a lot!
My brother, I laughed a lot when Daryl shot Briar without thinking twice
Briar: don't worry Cole, I'm here to take care of your injuries
Deryl: Briar, do you know what time it is?
Briar: what?
Deryl:
CkSiUEjXEAcc96u.jpg

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes