TheShelly

Dec 20, 2020
Damn, game cheater for fuck! Every time he's trying to screw me. I wanted to "Embrace" Amber, but I didn't have that option and my corruption was only at level 31.

In addition to this drop, there are several other moments when I have enough power, skill or made the right choices, but the game still makes me catch the worst possible ending.
Sounds like you havent updated to the latest version yet. The corruption check was raised to 40, among other things. If you have trouble hitting power/skill checks, might be worth it to check out the guide or the multi-mod.

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
I don't see why Klaus is getting any love lol.He was a good son and a shitty person,a shitty friend,a shitty teammate he didn't care much about Oscar and Danica anyways so he would be a shitty ally for mc as well lol,a person with rapist tendencies,a shitty boss too,He had everything handed to him he didn't work for shit his skills were lousy asf for his powers,he couldn't manage the mafia without his father as he told how incompetent he was in that regard and thought Alice was a bum like him lol.Lastly a lot of people have regrets and remorse when they die doesn't mean shit. It means they lost and now they feel remorse .It simply means he had regrets because he lost lol not because of any other reason pretty convenient right.To sum up he was handed everything and yet he was incompetent asf in comparison to his peers and I am not even going to talk about how deluded he was lol.He was a cool villian your starter type villian a good stepping stone with cool powers and some backstory and that's about it.

Last edited:

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
I don't see why Klaus is getting any love lol.He was a good son and a shitty person,a shitty friend,a shitty teammate,a person with rapist tendencies,a shitty boss too,He had everything handed to him he didn't work for shit his skills for lousy asf for his powers,he couldn't manage the mafia without his father as he told how incompetent he was in that regard and thought Alice was a bum like him lol.Lastly a lot of people have regrets and remorse when they die lol doesn't mean shit lol it means they lost and now they feel remorse.he had regrets because he lost lol not because of any other reason pretty convenient lol.T o sum up he was handed everything and yet he was incompetent asf in comparison to his peers and I am not even going to talk about how deluded he was lol.He was a cool villian your starter type villian a good stepping stone with cool powers and some backstory and that's about it.
spot on.
Lastly a lot of people have regrets and remorse when they die lol doesn't mean shit lol it means they lost and now they feel remorse.he had regrets because he lost lol not because of any other reason
He is only regretting having lost, his dying thoughts are literally him insisting he did nothing wrong.

his dying thoughts are:
> "I just wanted to be strong... For my family... and for you."
translation "I was the good guy and did nothing wrong. why kill me?"

instead of
> "I am so sorry alice. I shouldn't have done this to you"
which would have been an actual pre-death regret. still tainted by the fact he only regrets because of losing and dying... but it didn't even happen.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
You bolded the line where his father snatched the dose out of his hand. while underplaying the line a few lines down where 14 year old klaus agrees to betray the girl who just went through so much to give him a cure. So that his dad can sell it for an even better cure.
here:

sure, he did not INITIALLY plan to betray alice.
Alice gave him a cure and he planned to use the cure.
But then his father snatched it from his hand, asked him what it was for, and asked 14 year old klaus to betray alice and in return for that betrayal klaus will get an even better cure and become strong.
===

this is a classic abuser line.
"she made me hit her"

Also at this point Klaus is a superhuman and his family is already at the top.
where he ordered a hit on alice's family who were way weaker.

And you are also glossing over how he justifies his family betraying those who have helped his family before so they can rise above them. returning kindness with backstabbing.
If I tell you to ask your mother for some peanuts because I get dizzy and I need some minerals, and I use the peanuts to kill your father who has a peanut allergy, is that result your fault? While you could say that giving peanuts is different to giving some secret drug and we tend to view Alice's actions like some great benefactor who moved heaven and earth for her friend, this is what really happened:

Alice gave him the medicine in the first place out of spite for her father.
Michael "Your dad would kill you if he heard you say that."
Alice "Well he's not here, like always."

And all Klaus was asked to do, is get some more. This simple action would elevate both him and his family.
Klaus never knew that his action will contribute to Alice getting alienated.

You are wrong about the "classic abuser line":

"And just like I had hoped, my dad was ecstatic."
"We traded both serums and were welcomed into their inner circle."
"With a seat on their council, we had more than enough sway to carve out our own piece of the sector, to break our ties with the Alderman."
"I heard you didn't take the news too well and ended up injured in a skirmish with our men. That was the beginning of your illness, correct?"

You are also wrong about Dietz retiring.
Klaus is still the second in command at this point. Dietz never left the family reigns to him.
Klaus has his own ideas about how things should be, and at this point he has turned full villain, but he still carries his father's will.
It's obvious that the "inner circle" refers to Langdon's organization and Dietz is the one with the chair.

He could have said "I am sorry, my dad decided to do that, and he was wrong"... except, he couldn't really because at that point his dad was already retired and he was the head of his family.
There is nothing to ask forgiveness for if Marcus was the one who attacked first. Marcus never disputes this and Klaus mentions it twice, both to Alice and to Markus.

Marcus is a criminal and the "kindness" you speak of is a fairy tale. Uplifing a crime family and forcing them to do even more terrible things in return can hardly be called kindness. For all we know, Dietz could be completely justified. I doubt that this was exactly the case but it's not out of the question.

Marcus is a piece of shit and if he was the aggressor like Klaus claims (which most likely is the case) then the burden of proof falls on him.

His twisted views of love are irrelvant.

Here you show that Klaus firmly believes he did nothing wrong.
This is him showing no remorse and seeing no problem with his actions.

Maybe you will get it better with a fiction analogy?
... how about... kartman from south park?
You notice how kartman is shown as believing in his own bullshit? How every time he "recalls" a scene it changes to show himself at a better light?

When Klaus goes "I just wanted to be strong for my family and you" and so on, he is showing zero remorse for betraying her. and insisting he was justified all along.
How about you apply this to Alice too?
If anything, Klaus idea of "getting strong for family's sake" is more mild than Alice's.

How many people did Alice kill while searching for a cure for Marcus, both Aldain and Alderman.
How many people did Alice kill even after taking her revenge on Klaus, out of spite?

And you'd think that Klaus is the delusional one who just stole something that was given to him out of spite in the first place?

The chain of events is a bit complicated and everyone involved is a piece of shit probably in need of serious psychiatric help. But this is what plausibly happened based on dialogue:

Alice out of spite gives medicine to Klaus
Dietz finds out and asks Klaus to get some more, in return he will be given the world as reward and improve his chances with Alice (in his mind at least).
Dietz trades the medicine and his family breaks into the big leagues (joining Langdon and the rest), breaks ties with Aldermans.
Klaus is given his reward.
Marcus attacks the Aldains and gets mortally wounded.
All hell breaks lose.

We don't know what would happen if Marcus could just let it go. Perhaps the same thing would happen, perhaps not. But blaming Klaus for this when we had manipulations, multiple betrayals (including Alice betraying her father out of spite) and dick measurement among hardcore criminals who don't care about death, torture and human experimenetation, is blowing it out of proportion.

And the point here isn't to make Alice seem worse. It's to so that what you call "betrayal", can also be a "simple mistake" or anywhere in between.

I agree that current Klaus is power hungry and a true criminal, but this doesn't apply to old Klaus and I don't think that any of his peers would ask for forgiveness if they were in his shoes. Neither I'd expect them too with the knowledge they had at the time.

Last edited:

Knight

Jul 7, 2017
Alice out of spite gives medicine to Klaus
Dietz finds out and asks Klaus to get some more, in return he will be given the world as reward and improve his chances with Alice (in his mind at least).
Dietz trades the medicine and his family breaks into the big leagues (joining Langdon and the rest), breaks ties with Aldermans.
From what I remember Klaus had every intention of taking the drugs that Alice gave him thinking it would cure him, he had no clue about what his father intended and just showed the drug to his dad to get approval; it was only after that he was put up to getting more, and his father told him it would cure him, he had no idea his father wasn't gonna let him take it or that he planned to trade it for something else.

From the flashbacks we see Klaus had no idea about the Superhuman accession process right up until he was given the procedure and even after that he was kept in the dark about most of it, he didn't even know about increasing his level and thought the monster serum he was given was as far as it goes.

His story is of a broken child used in a game of his fathers ambition who tries to break out and be a man in his own right; sure, he did evil shit but you have to remember he, Alice, Michael and so on were raised in a world where "might makes right" and the strong take whatever they want. From his perspective the only way Alice would ever accept him is if he was strong enough to take her.
If he had the chance he would have welcomed Alice and Michael with open arms as he still thought of them as his childhood friends. The hostility was just how they do business in their world.

Alice, Michael, and even MC (to a lesser degree) have done most of the evil shit Klaus did, it's just that he was against the protagonist therefore his actions are not acceptable whereas Michael and Alice's are.

Reactions: Gtdead

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
From what I remember Klaus had every intention of taking the drugs that Alice gave him thinking it would cure him, he had no clue about what his father intended and just showed the drug to his dad to get approval; it was only after that he was put up to getting more, and his father told him it would cure him, he had no idea his father wasn't gonna let him take it or that he planned to trade it for something else.
1. The drugs Alice gave him were explicitly meant as a cure for him.
He was trading one cure for another cure. before even trying the first cure.

2. So what if he did not know ahead of the first dose being given.
He knew after receiving the first dose from alice.
At that point, his dad asked him to lie to alice and betray her. and he knowingly and willingly chose to betray alice.

3. You are glossing over the EVERYTHING that happened AFTER this first betrayal. This is important.
you are trying to argue that this was a moment of weakness. but a moment of weakness is when you do something and then stop. Not when you do something, and then continue, and do ever more extreme things.
at that point it is not a moment of weakness but an entire behavioral pattern. One that started when he was 14 and was ongoing still years later when he was a legal adult. He never tried to make things right for alice.
His story is of a broken child used in a game of his fathers ambition who tries to break out and be a man in his own right
A. 14 years old is a teenager, not a child. And that is his STARTING POINT. this is what you are not getting. Klaus is not 14 when you throw down with him. He is an adult. The shit started when he was 14.
he didn't grow up and go "wow I was a shit when I was a kid, I am so sorry. can I make it up to you?"
No, instead as an adult he is even worse than he was back as a 14 year old teenager.

B. Every criminal or villain has a sad story. does not make them good people just because you understand how it happened.

C. Not a broken child, a sickly teen with great friends. who decided he cares more about his neglectful dad rather than his wonderful friends.

Reactions: BallerTime

Knight

Jul 7, 2017
1. The drugs Alice gave him were explicitly meant as a cure for him.
He was trading one cure for another cure. before even trying the first cure.

2. So what if he did not know ahead of the first dose being given.
He knew after receiving the first dose from alice.
At that point, his dad asked him to lie to alice and betray her. and he knowingly and willingly chose to betray alice.

3. You are glossing over the EVERYTHING that happened AFTER this first betrayal. This is important.
you are trying to argue that this was a moment of weakness. but a moment of weakness is when you do something and then stop. Not when you do something, and then continue, and do ever more extreme things.
at that point it is not a moment of weakness but an entire behavioral pattern. One that started when he was 14 and was ongoing still years later when he was a legal adult. He never tried to make things right for alice.

A. 14 years old is a teenager, not a child. And that is his STARTING POINT. this is what you are not getting. Klaus is not 14 when you throw down with him. He is an adult. The shit started when he was 14.
he didn't grow up and go "wow I was a shit when I was a kid, I am so sorry. can I make it up to you?"
No, instead as an adult he is even worse than he was back as a 14 year old teenager.

B. Every criminal or villain has a sad story. does not make them good people just because you understand how it happened.

C. Not a broken child, a sickly teen with great friends. who decided he cares more about his neglectful dad rather than his wonderful friends.
Never said he was a good guy, he is a POS. It's just that so is everyone around him.
Also, I wouldn't exactly call Alice and Michael wonderful friends. Michael always had his own agenda, if killing Klaus made him stronger he would have done it. Alice didn't seem to think much of him until he became a threat, he was just the son of one of her dads underlings.
She helped him out of a mix of pity and to get back at her dad for not being around; not affection or friendship. Klaus seemed to have more attachment to Alice and Michael than they to him.

Both Michael and Alice are hardened killers, neither of them are good people. Klaus is no better than they are, he's just on the side that opposes MC and isn't a hot girl with huge tits. There is a reason that the only one from Klaus's circle that does get spared is the hot girl with big tits.

I look at it like the Mafia games, whether you are Tommy Angelo or Vito Scaletta the story paints you and your friends in a more positive light while the rival mob is the "bad guys" but you are all still scum. You feel bad for Joe or Paulie when they are killed but no sympathy for killing friends and family or rival gangs, but at the end of the day they all had it coming.
It's the same here.

Last edited:

Zoranian

Jun 26, 2017
Is the walkthrough totally accurate? It tells me to do a certain event but it isn't available at the time, I don't think I've misclick something...

Edit: Found the "Error" , On day 11 the walkthrough MOD and the Official Walkthrough have different suggestions. the former tells you to go cheerleading and the latter to Liz.

Last edited:

New Kid

Apr 2, 2018
Well time to toss this in here since Weird already said on stream just a few hours ago (cause I asked and was still curious about da what ifs):

MC would've joined SIN if Klaus option remained (very unlikely what we have now would've even happened).

Idk how Weird would handle the HERO stuff if MC was apart of SIN but its nice to know what would've happened (who he'd join)
Yeesh it's worse than I thought then, there would have to be 2 completely separate paths until this very update we are playing at the very least. Hell, we probably would never even fight Cole on the SIN path and would have to tolerate seeing Jared on a daily basis lol. This just reinforces my belief that WW made the right call scrapping that other path or we would be where right now, around the end of the battle of Diamonds for both paths?

Reactions: ARB582

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Yeesh it's worse than I thought then, there would have to be 2 completely separate paths until this very update we are playing at the very least.
There is a good chance the arc we are on now wouldn't have happened.

Or rather, a lot of the plot points we know now wouldn't remain the same whatsoever (HERO as we know could be drastically different although they of course appeared prior to the whole Klaus stuff anyway).

This just reinforces my belief that WW made the right call scrapping that other path or we would be where right now, around the end of the battle of Diamonds for both paths?
Rather its right or wrong is up for debate.

Honestly Weird's only reason for scrapping it was solely due to how much work it would've been and with his common phrase "I can't be fucked" more or less confirms how much effort it would've been (then again he is also lazy sometimes).

Back to what I said before its unknown how a lot of things would've been handled if he went with the Klaus option. Mafia arc was the end of the game (originally) so there is no telling how WeirdWorld would've handled battle of diamonds (or if it even would've happened).

Last edited:

New Kid

Apr 2, 2018
There is a good chance the arc we are on now wouldn't have happened.

Or rather, a lot of the plot points we know now wouldn't remain the same whatsoever (HERO as we know could be drastically different although they of course appeared prior to the whole Klaus stuff anyway).

Rather its right or wrong is up for debate.

Honestly Weird's only reason for scrapping it was solely due to how much work it would've been and with his common phrase "I can't be fucked" more or less confirms how much effort it would've been (then again he is also lazy sometimes).

Back to what I said before its unknown how a lot of things would've been handled if he went with the Klaus option. Mafia arc was the end of the game (originally) so there is no telling how WeirdWorld would've handled battle of diamonds (or if it even would've happened).
I was under the impression that if WW decided to keep the Klaus path, both that one and the one we are playing now would be worked on at the same time, therefore stalling the flow of story on both, was I wrong about that? It's not that I don't like the idea of the Klaus path, it does sound interesting, but it would at least double the wait time for an update of each path so it's not something I can agree with.

Hmmm if we were going to join SIN in the Klaus path how could the game end in the mafia arc?

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Hmmm if we were going to join SIN in the Klaus path how could the game end in the mafia arc?
Because honestly with or without the Klaus choice the game was always going to blow up.

MC joining Klaus makes the most sense narratively if you sided with Klaus.
I was under the impression that if WW decided to keep the Klaus path, both that one and the one we are playing now would be worked on at the same time, therefore stalling the flow of story on both, was I wrong about that? It's not that I don't like the idea of the Klaus path, it does sound interesting, but it would at least double the wait time for an update of each path so it's not something I can agree with.
There is no real way of telling how he'd work on both at the same time.

It's quite likely he would of broke what he said way earlier on about not doing multi paths (routes) if he did keep the Klaus stuff.

Rather this delays or does whatever is another story. Like I said a lot of what we have now would be different or not exist. Weird likes to 'withhold' information so it'd be a challenge to make sure info in the SIN path wouldn't reveal too much on the HERO path (if he was going to do that at all).

It could of also resulted in a story vote on which route took priority (he stopped doing those though literally in the Mafia arc lol).

But yeah its a lot of speculation and not enough answers but we'll get them after 1.0 if Weird does really do a cut content stream.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021
not to mention MC also have started to train with having part of his body not melt when disconnected from him so if Liz is gonna survive I think that may have something to do with it. I also got the feeling with the way the doctor spoke that maybe liz and amber would get put together and share 1 bod. but all we can do is wait for the next update to come
FUCK NO I WAS CORRECT. FUCK SHIT FUCKING FUCK

Reactions: JmTrad

adanu

Mar 28, 2020
You bolded the line where his father snatched the dose out of his hand. while underplaying the line a few lines down where 14 year old klaus agrees to betray the girl who just went through so much to give him a cure. So that his dad can sell it for an even better cure.
here:

sure, he did not INITIALLY plan to betray alice.
Alice gave him a cure and he planned to use the cure.
But then his father snatched it from his hand, asked him what it was for, and asked 14 year old klaus to betray alice and in return for that betrayal klaus will get an even better cure and become strong.
===

this is a classic abuser line.
"she made me hit her"

Also at this point Klaus is a superhuman and his family is already at the top.
where he ordered a hit on alice's family who were way weaker.

And you are also glossing over how he justifies his family betraying those who have helped his family before so they can rise above them. returning kindness with backstabbing.

He could have said "I am sorry, my dad decided to do that, and he was wrong"... except, he couldn't really because at that point his dad was already retired and he was the head of his family.

His twisted views of love are irrelvant.

Here you show that Klaus firmly believes he did nothing wrong.
This is him showing no remorse and seeing no problem with his actions.

Maybe you will get it better with a fiction analogy?
... how about... kartman from south park?
You notice how kartman is shown as believing in his own bullshit? How every time he "recalls" a scene it changes to show himself at a better light?

When Klaus goes "I just wanted to be strong for my family and you" and so on, he is showing zero remorse for betraying her. and insisting he was justified all along.
From his perspective, it's entirely understandable. He was not wrong. He and Alice have opposing interests. It's as simple as that.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
harem.king
I think at this point it's apparent, from the differing opinions among the community, that this issue isn't as clear cut as you made it out to be.
I'm sure that this doesn't really change your opinion. Tbh I dislike Klaus too and despite "defending" his actions, I don't really care much about it. I'd always pick Alice if given the choice because I don't like opportunists.

But calling my interpretation "fantasy" was premature.

Reactions: ItzSyther

Zeca Suez

Jun 26, 2018
I don't see why Klaus is getting any love lol.He was a good son and a shitty person,a shitty friend,a shitty teammate he didn't care much about Oscar and Danica anyways so he would be a shitty ally for mc as well lol,a person with rapist tendencies,a shitty boss too,He had everything handed to him he didn't work for shit his skills were lousy asf for his powers,he couldn't manage the mafia without his father as he told how incompetent he was in that regard and thought Alice was a bum like him lol.Lastly a lot of people have regrets and remorse when they die doesn't mean shit. It means they lost and now they feel remorse .It simply means he had regrets because he lost lol not because of any other reason pretty convenient right.To sum up he was handed everything and yet he was incompetent asf in comparison to his peers and I am not even going to talk about how deluded he was lol.He was a cool villian your starter type villian a good stepping stone with cool powers and some backstory and that's about it.
They need to add clapping as a reaction in on here cause that's very well put. Very clear and correct. Feel bad for how his life went but he never redeemed himself when he was alive.

Who the heck would even defend Klaus ? :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sayajin2205
4.80 star(s) 346 Votes