eomnuu

Apr 22, 2024
i was wondering in some moments in the story we are allowed to choose to gain strength/skill boosts from certain characters or gain knowledge about certain things. Does the boosts in physical capabilities actually effect the story in any sort of way? or is knowledge just the better choice overall

Dark479

Dec 15, 2023
i was wondering in some moments in the story we are allowed to choose to gain strength/skill boosts from certain characters or gain knowledge about certain things. Does the boosts in physical capabilities actually effect the story in any sort of way? or is knowledge just the better choice overall
Both skill and power are important at various points in the game. Generally speaking there aren't a lot of trade off points. In the first fight with Michael at the school it is better to go all out(power bonus) vs the skill bonus option. But everywhere else it is better to get the skill points or a balance of skill and power vs. all power. At the battle of diamonds if you go right you can get +3 skill and +5 power while if you go right you get a bunch of options including between +3 skill or +10 power...in that instance I think going to the right is definitely the way to go. At the end of the battle of diamonds there will be a character that can only be saved if you have 28 skill and the most you can have at that point in the game is 30, but since it is optimal to choose power vs Michael you can only have 29 so getting one of the two options that gives +3 skill at the earlier crossroads will define if you can save that character or not.

eomnuu

Apr 22, 2024
Both skill and power are important at various points in the game. Generally speaking there aren't a lot of trade off points. In the first fight with Michael at the school it is better to go all out(power bonus) vs the skill bonus option. But everywhere else it is better to get the skill points or a balance of skill and power vs. all power. At the battle of diamonds if you go right you can get +3 skill and +5 power while if you go right you get a bunch of options including between +3 skill or +10 power...in that instance I think going to the right is definitely the way to go. At the end of the battle of diamonds there will be a character that can only be saved if you have 28 skill and the most you can have at that point in the game is 30, but since it is optimal to choose power vs Michael you can only have 29 so getting one of the two options that gives +3 skill at the earlier crossroads will define if you can save that character or not.
yea i have 100 power and 29 skill right now. After choosing both strength and skill increase from that female monster which was supposed to protect the gate due to Ellas orders. So i was just wondering if that was the best option or choosing something like "what is ellas plan" "where did the monsters come from" etc

Dark479

Dec 15, 2023
yea i have 100 power and 29 skill right now. After choosing both strength and skill increase from that female monster which was supposed to protect the gate due to Ellas orders. So i was just wondering if that was the best option or choosing something like "what is ellas plan" "where did the monsters come from" etc
If you went left of see Aglaecwif then you only got +3 skill...would have been better to go right for +3 skill and +5 power. If you wanted to do the thing Aglaecwif wanted you'd have got the chance to do it later in the game.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
harem.king
I think at this point it's apparent, from the differing opinions among the community, that this issue isn't as clear cut as you made it out to be.
I'm sure that this doesn't really change your opinion. Tbh I dislike Klaus too and despite "defending" his actions, I don't really care much about it. I'd always pick Alice if given the choice because I don't like opportunists.

But calling my interpretation "fantasy" was premature.
It is clear that there is more person who would throw their lot in with someone who will backstab.
The fact that more than one such person exist does not make them valid.

Have you seen the "I can fix him/her" meme? This meme is real.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
It is clear that there is more person who would throw their lot in with someone who will backstab.
The fact that more than one such person exist does not make them valid.

Have you seen the "I can fix him/her" meme? This meme is real.
And completely irrelevant to every counterargument made towards your point.
But ok. I got the message. And in the interests of keeping up with you, the fact that some people love to project and being biased about characters that a medium portrays as "friends to the protagonist", does not make them valid.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes