DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I just remembered this, back when Amber tried to touch monster world water and the water just avoided her something happened:
View attachment 3844513
Mc and Deryl were talking and Amber seemed distracted by something (she seems to be looking away).

View attachment 3844518
When Deryl calls her she is surprised, like she wasn't paying attention.

View attachment 3844519
And when returning Mc thinks about how she is acting strange.

Now all of this is a little strange but nothing much, sure she might be thinking about why the hell the water avoids her, or anything really, however:
View attachment 3844524
During the party if Mc tells about hearing voices Ella explains that it's normal, and everyone also remember their own interactions with the voices, Michael, Alice and Deryl say they heard them before and are quite nonchalant about it however:

View attachment 3844529
Amber is the only one who doesn't say anything.

Now the reason i brought this up is because i started to wonder, what if Amber was hearing a voice back in the water and was distracted by it, after being called by Deryl she started to think about whatever she heard.
When Ella explains the voices everyone agrees that they heard them before but rarely, could it be that it's different for her and that's why she didn't say anything about it like the others ?

Then i remembered that Amber was still alive after Liz "died" during her infection, she was transported to where Great Ocean was and "died"after seeing it.
View attachment 3844544
View attachment 3844548
View attachment 3844546

This made me think that maybe Amber was infected by Great Ocean itself and that she could also have a stronger or maybe just different connection with it, yes i know it's a giant stretch with too little information but what do you guys think ?
The problem with this is, you're overlooking what Doll Ella said in that quote. She makes the distinction quite clear. She said humans turned by monsters can inherit their genetic line and can sometimes get bouts of interaction with the Originator of said line. The monster and originator parts are specified for a reason.

The simplest way to point out what she's talking about is with Alice in that very scene itself.

Alice = Superhuman

Aos = Monster/Chosen

The 6th = Apostle/Originator

Alice is known to be turned by Aos. She's apart of his genetic line. However, on her 2nd Evolution she comes into contact with the 6th Apostle, the Originator of the entire line. That's what Ella is referring to here. We also know Amber and Liz were turned by Strength Eaters. If they were physically sent to the Great Ocean, why would they still be with Tanos? We know their spirit can be sent through their connection because of MC, but that doesn't mean they were turned by the Great Ocean.

So this doesn't mean Amber and Liz was turned by the Great Ocean. This just means they were turned by Strength Eaters that are high in hierarchy. Their compatibility and high connection allows Amber to see the Great Ocean. The Great Ocean is the Originator of the line, while it's monsters carry the genetic line. In simpler terms, Amber only sees the Great Ocean because she has high enough compatibility and status in the line to see it. It's the same thing that happens to Alice. Only that Amber got it on her first evolution/infection.

As for Amber being distracted this update. The Great Ocean is legit right there in front her. She's pretty much in the presence of her "God". Just like Ella and MC fear the "God" in the sky, Amber will feel close to hers in the ocean.

Reactions: Zeca Suez

Zeca Suez

Jun 26, 2018
This made me think that maybe Amber was infected by Great Ocean itself and that she could also have a stronger or maybe just different connection with it, yes i know it's a giant stretch with too little information but what do you guys think ?
I suspected they weren't both infected by the same monster either... from the battle of the diamonds we know that Undines and Strength Eaters are supposed to work very well together, they kept Malik busy for so long. So maybe Amber was infected by an Undine or something akin to that with similar abilities that compliment the powers of a strength eater. Maybe Tanos' hope was by fusing them together he might be able to create a sort of closed loop of a Strength eater that could almost endlessly empower itself with the support of an Undine or another similar Monster ?

It is so weird the way the waters of the monster world back away from her... same as the spiders that seemed to be afraid of Liz even before she used her power.

The water almost behaved like how Like charges repel each other ... but if their waters were the same they should be easier to mix not move away from one another. Maybe its to signify that Amber has command of her own water while the sea water on the planet belongs to a separate entity ?
And when Deryl calls Amber back she says she felt she was close to touching the water. Which does sound like she was maybe in a mini trance.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes