ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
I can only hope that WW is better than that.
That would be very silly.
Oh truly would be but then again we have plot macguffins galore in this game (Mia is one and Jared is literally wielding his pedo arrow of doom that screams dead end inbound).

Don't get me started on Charlie heheh I made my disdain aware to all on da off topic thread.

I won't rule out WW using a red herring at all although it would be super interesting if he tossed a curveball in the mix that she isn't a monster but instead one of those althumans that the shopkeep references.

Reactions: Katsuki45

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
Oh truly would be but then again we have plot macguffins galore in this game (Mia is one and Jared is literally wielding his pedo arrow of doom that screams dead end inbound).

Don't get me started on Charlie heheh I made my disdain aware to all on da off topic thread.

I won't rule out WW using a red herring at all although it would be super interesting if he tossed a curveball in the mix that she isn't a monster but instead one of those althumans that the shopkeep references.
I just want to know what shopkeep is himself .The dude has clients from H.E.R.O to S.I.N

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Huh? Did I miss something?
In the most recent update

Jared mentions that he has an arrow and said arrow is strong enough to kill a level 5. Met warns him to not reveal such things out in the open.

In regards to Mia
She solely exists to push the plot forward and offers little else...so text book definition plot macguffin. There is no reason for the MC to help her but yet he does...cause 'plot' mind you he just met her recently so he has no connection to her. He has every reason to help Deryl but none to her.

Reactions: Gtdead

KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
In the most recent update

Jared mentions that he has an arrow and said arrow is strong enough to kill a level 5. Met warns him to not reveal such things out in the open.

In regards to Mia
She solely exists to push the plot forward and offers little else...so text book definition plot macguffin. There is no reason for the MC to help her but yet he does...cause 'plot' mind you he just met her recently so he has no connection to her. He has every reason to help Deryl but none to her.
I was under the impression that the Jared thing was him just boasting without substance, and Met warns him not because he believes him, rather saying "someone's gonna come along and ask you to prove it and you'll get your shit rocked"

Reactions: hrhr

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
I was under the impression that the Jared thing was him just boasting without substance, and Met warns him not because he believes him, rather saying "someone's gonna come along and ask you to prove it and you'll get your shit rocked"
If it was ANY other character I'd go along with that impression too.

But Jared is ya know...the son of the guy who basically has near complete sway over SIN.

I don't know their relationship but clearly its high enough that he has his son working directly with Ella's kids.

Its not out of the realm of possibility that he gave his son something that could be used to save him.

But on another note, no one at SIN (outside of a monster probably) is going to try and 'touch' him, touching Jared is a bad...bad idea.

Not because he's strong or anything, anyone could probably kill him no issue. His daddy is the issue, what daddy says goes more or less. I mean like...he's been using his daddy's influence throughout the game so this is of no surprise.

The superhumans of SIN are clearly getting benefits/being paid so those who try and test their luck against the kid of the guy paying them is in for a reallll bad time.

KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
If it was ANY other character I'd go along with that impression too.

But Jared is ya know...the son of the guy who basically has near complete sway over SIN.

I don't know their relationship but clearly its high enough that he has his son working directly with Ella's kids.

Its not out of the realm of possibility that he gave his son something that could be used to save him.

But on another note, no one at SIN (outside of a monster probably) is going to try and 'touch' him, touching Jared is a bad...bad idea.

Not because he's strong or anything, anyone could probably kill him no issue. His daddy is the issue, what daddy says goes more or less. I mean like...he's been using his daddy's influence throughout the game so this is of no surprise.

The superhumans of SIN are clearly getting benefits/being paid so those who try and test their luck against the kid of the guy paying them is in for a reallll bad time.
I dunno. Despite his connections, Jared just seems like the sort of guy who only goes as far as he thinks he has power over others, then sees no reason to further refine that power. Like, he probably found an arrow that can do really powerful damage in the right circumstances, and he'll spend the rest of the time patting himself on the back rather than doing anything productive. He delights in having power over others, but we never see him like in the gym. So my impression is that he felt super powerful after getting powers and has taken that to mean he's back on top of the food chain, so he isn't doing anything productive on top of it. Otherwise he would've absolutely taken the free hit on the MC back at the Battle of Diamonds more seriously. We know it's strong cause it one shot Laurie, a Level 2, but it also dinked the MC.

Put together, Jared imo is the guy who cares more about appearing strong rather than being strong.

Reactions: hrhr

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
I dunno. Despite his connections, Jared just seems like the sort of guy who only goes as far as he thinks he has power over others, then sees no reason to further refine that power. Like, he probably found an arrow that can do really powerful damage in the right circumstances, and he'll spend the rest of the time patting himself on the back rather than doing anything productive. He delights in having power over others, but we never see him like in the gym. So my impression is that he felt super powerful after getting powers and has taken that to mean he's back on top of the food chain, so he isn't doing anything productive on top of it. Otherwise he would've absolutely taken the free hit on the MC back at the Battle of Diamonds more seriously. We know it's strong cause it one shot Laurie, a Level 2, but it also dinked the MC.

Put together, Jared imo is the guy who cares more about appearing strong rather than being strong.
Oh I agree.

But the possibility that he is speaking the truth on an arrow that is capable of killing a level 5 is enough for me to be weary of him.

His response to Met about "not being allowed to talk about it" really drives the point to me that he most likely does have said arrow.

Is it actually capable of doing that? No clue, gotta wait and see.

But yeah shit currently is in Jared's favor...the plot is HEAVILY on his side...he has the plot macguffin arrow until proven otherwise.

Aug 1, 2020
fuck Jared when can we kill and consume him and his father. I was disappointed that we couldn't in this update on another note when are we finally gonna kill Dietz Aldian and the rest of the Aldian remnants

Reactions: Katsuki45

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
fuck Jared when can we kill and consume him and his father. I was disappointed that we couldn't in this update on another note when are we finally gonna kill Dietz Aldian and the rest of the Aldian remnants
I'm half expecting a random moment where we see Mecha Klaus or some shit on some Dragonball fuckery.

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
I'm 99% sure there is an Aldian mafia arc coming after the Twins arc. Alice was having problems and it's because Aldain is allied with SIN. Always hyped for more Alice content.
Alice or Liz content is always good.

KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
I'm 99% sure there is an Aldian mafia arc coming after the Twins arc. Alice was having problems and it's because Aldain is allied with SIN. Always hyped for more Alice content.
Alice or Liz content is always good.
Personally, I think it will be the Twins arc, then an short in-between arc with Tiffany/Claudia cause Tiffany is a little wierd atm, then we have an Aldain arc. And after that I want to say is a riot arc where the tension between HERO and the public/government gets out of control, and MC needs to deal with the team captains basically voting to "subjugate the lesser humans", at which point MC might evolve to Level 4. Either that or Ella wakes up. Maybe both at the same time.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes