Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
3 HEAVY AREA. You can die to Ella due to "progressing too fast?" when showing the jellyfish move. And yet she doesn't kill you for progressing even faster during the initial apartment fight. Was there something I missed?
I have always taken this as a "plot hole" or a change in the stakes of the story/how its written, Logically there is no reason for her to kill you especially considering she doesn't when she learns about it later. At the time (iiirc) Ella was still the "main villain/antagonist" or at least was the driving force behind you getting stronger. I think it makes sense that the bad end is more a you really cant trust this person vs some sort of hint about her greater plan.

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020
I have always taken this as a "plot hole" or a change in the stakes of the story/how its written, Logically there is no reason for her to kill you especially considering she doesn't when she learns about it later. At the time (iiirc) Ella was still the "main villain/antagonist" or at least was the driving force behind you getting stronger. I think it makes sense that the bad end is more a you really cant trust this person vs some sort of hint about her greater plan.
The only thought I've had about that comes from when you consume other Superhumans. You need to purge the corruption from Kenny or you lose control and become a monster. You sense Danika's power when you consume her and realize you can't survive having two powers in your body, so you have to purge her power while you consume the rest of her.
Ella has the exact same powers you do, so it might be possible for her to consume the MC and not have to purge the power, gaining all his memories, but more importantly the mutations to the powers that are specific to him.
That's a bit of speculation though.

Aristarkhos

Jun 23, 2017
I'm still interested in hearing your thoughts on the scene with the 1st in his plane. Since, you're of the thought that they're all just using Avatars. Do you think the 1st was using one there in it's plane or was that it's true self appearing? If yes, then do you also think the 3rd and 4th were using their avatars to take his true self down in his plane or do you think they actually appeared and took him down?

I'm also interested in your thoughts about the 2nd manifesting. From the way Valravn reacted and how the avatar angle is being interpreted, do you think the 2nd actually came in person and not through an avatar? Since Valravn said it can't stay long which assumes that the real thing actually came from it's plane.
I didn't answer before because I'm uncertain and don't have all that much to say.
The avatars are a confirmed thing, not a theory, with both Xanthe and the Valravn Report as evidence.
That said- I'd guess that was the actual 1st, the area seems to be the monsters' domain, and I'll note-
Based on Deryl's reaction, you weren't really there. Just mentally projected. Whether that was a result of your Memory powers, or Authority's intervention, is hard to say. But my personal guess, is that it was the actual 1st, 3rd, and 4th, each being protective of their spawn, in the monsters' plane. I don't think that fight was lethal for it though because that might change the endgame too much.

As for the 2nd- I feel the word manifesting implies itself that it's an avatar, no? The 3rd and 4th don't seem to stick around too long either- and apparently if they do the 7th comes after them for whatever reason.

Aristarkhos

Jun 23, 2017
The only thought I've had about that comes from when you consume other Superhumans. You need to purge the corruption from Kenny or you lose control and become a monster. You sense Danika's power when you consume her and realize you can't survive having two powers in your body, so you have to purge her power while you consume the rest of her.
Ella has the exact same powers you do, so it might be possible for her to consume the MC and not have to purge the power, gaining all his memories, but more importantly the mutations to the powers that are specific to him.
I always found this one interesting, or at least noteworthy.
"Both can't exist, as a vessel I'm much too weak, much too frail."
That implies that might not always be the case or that there might be exceptions.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
wouldnt that create the opposite issue? If she could take your powers why did she never make an attempt again? I've only played through with 0 corruption but I dont think it really changes too much

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I didn't answer before because I'm uncertain and don't have all that much to say.
The avatars are a confirmed thing, not a theory, with both Xanthe and the Valravn Report as evidence.
That said- I'd guess that was the actual 1st, the area seems to be the monsters' domain, and I'll note-
Based on Deryl's reaction, you weren't really there. Just mentally projected. Whether that was a result of your Memory powers, or Authority's intervention, is hard to say. But my personal guess, is that it was the actual 1st, 3rd, and 4th, each being protective of their spawn, in the monsters' plane. I don't think that fight was lethal for it though because that might change the endgame too much.

As for the 2nd- I feel the word manifesting implies itself that it's an avatar, no? The 3rd and 4th don't seem to stick around too long either- and apparently if they do the 7th comes after them for whatever reason.
Oh, no problem. I was really just interested in picking your brain on it because I was curious about how you saw those two scenes with the avatar stuff factored in. Your thoughts were pretty similar to my own on but it was still interesting to read.

That implies that might not always be the case or that there might be exceptions.
Don't we already know that it's possible by the generations of monsters having mixtures of Numbered flowing through them? This is obviously over time compared to all at once, of course, but it seems that it's not really special, in reference to having multiple powers and not so much the MC housing both.

Take the Minyak for example. They have the 1st ability with the oil being able to control people. The shapeshifting with them being able to change their appearance and even changing people that they control. Those are clearly the traits of the 1st(50%) and 3rd(40%). For the 7th(10%), I'm guessing the Black Oil and them being about to shift into it comes from it.

There's also the huge obvious point that no one ever mentioned. He was simply just incompatible with Danica's power. When the MC devoured Kenny, he starts using mental links and controlling some of the oil corpses. That's most likely because the Minyak's line is partially made up of the 3rd and closely compatible. Though the Minyak still was about to enslave him before Malik came and incinerated the entire dorm.

:unsure: I'll have to think about this for a bit and try to jog my memory. I'm trying not to play the game until the update, so I'm running fully off of Mommy(Memory).

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Oh, no problem. I was really just interested in picking your brain on it because I was curious about how you saw those two scenes with the avatar stuff factored in. Your thoughts were pretty similar to my own on but it was still interesting to read.

Don't we already know that it's possible by the generations of monsters having mixtures of Numbered flowing through them? This is obviously over time compared to all at once, of course, but it seems that it's not really special, in reference to having multiple powers and not so much the MC housing both.

Take the Minyak for example. They have the 1st ability with the oil being able to control people. The shapeshifting with them being able to change their appearance and even changing people that they control. Those are clearly the traits of the 1st(50%) and 3rd(40%). For the 7th(10%), I'm guessing the Black Oil and them being about to shift into it comes from it.

There's also the huge obvious point that no one ever mentioned. He was simply just incompatible with Danica's power. When the MC devoured Kenny, he starts using mental links and controlling some of the oil corpses. That's most likely because the Minyak's line is partially made up of the 3rd and closely compatible. Though the Minyak still was about to enslave him before Malik came and incinerated the entire dorm.

:unsure: I'll have to think about this for a bit and try to jog my memory. I'm trying not to play the game until the update, so I'm running fully off of Mommy(Memory).
You just made me think about the splitting route thing from wayyyy earlier in regards to the MC deciding between staying at the party to fight kenny and retreating (with fighting winning the patreon vote) I wonder if in the other route when MC retreats (if weird ever goes back to it) if the MC can encounter a much stronger Kenny (if he isn't taken out by HERO or someone else) and potentially take his power (with the oil and all) if he was stronger he may have been able to absorb more power(s) from Kenny rather than the little he did take with the mental link thing.

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
RonaldGrand6969 I have finished my pondering and have concluded that the sheer cheeks on those 3 men would collapse the known universe.

Dem dumpys would make Ella be scared asf like in the bad end where MC goes all out instead of bein a pussy and not fighting.

Now we must decide...which dumpy shall rule them all out of the trio?
A) Jake with dumpy
B) Michael with dumpy
C) Deryl with dumpy
D) (Bonus, Fuck it) Shopkeep with dumpy

• Haha
Reactions: RonaldGrand6969

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Hang on geniuses I feel like I'm getting shit confused, is the 3rd the one that sucks your dick or the 4th?

If it's the former I've been getting shit all mixed up and I apologize for some of the questions :ROFLMAO:
3rd is the Blue/Purple one that sticks you in the head with it's tentacles. The 4th is Mommy. She's Pink and gives you a Blow Job. To learn about it, you see it at the Fairy scene, Valravn scene and before Nico captures you, you'll tell Alice and them about it.

You just made me think about the splitting route thing from wayyyy earlier in regards to the MC deciding between staying at the party to fight kenny and retreating (with fighting winning the patreon vote) I wonder if in the other route when MC retreats (if weird ever goes back to it) if the MC can encounter a much stronger Kenny (if he isn't taken out by HERO or someone else) and potentially take his power (with the oil and all) if he was stronger he may have been able to absorb more power(s) from Kenny rather than the little he did take with the mental link thing.
Malik would've most likely came still and killed Kenny if you didn't go. I'm not sure how much time passed in that dead end before Malik decides to show up though. Kenny isn't exactly subtle. HERO definitely would've been on him before he got too far, especially since their base is in the same place as the dorm.

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
3rd is the Blue/Purple one that sticks you in the head with it's tentacles. The 4th is Mommy. She's Pink and gives you a Blow Job. To learn about it, you see it at the Fairy scene, Valravn scene and before Nico captures you, you'll tell Alice and them about it.

Malik would've most likely came still and killed Kenny if you didn't go. I'm not sure how much time passed in that dead end before Malik decides to show up though. Kenny isn't exactly subtle. HERO definitely would've been on him before he got too far, especially since their base is in the same place as the dorm.
Hmm would they have been on him quick enough? I recall there being a bad end if the MC loses to Kenny he takes the MC to 'mother' but that may have just been a different circumstance as 'mother' told Kenny to bring MC back to her ASAP. Which leads me to believe Kenny 'could' get away but it might be unlikely in a scenario where MC runs away as there is no incentive for Kenny to leave quickly as 'mother' would have no reason to order Kenny to leave.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Hmm would they have been on him quick enough? I recall there being a bad end if the MC loses to Kenny he takes the MC to 'mother' but that may have just been a different circumstance as 'mother' told Kenny to bring MC back to her ASAP. Which leads me to believe Kenny 'could' get away but it might be unlikely in a scenario where MC runs away as there is no incentive for Kenny to leave quickly as 'mother' would have no reason to order Kenny to leave.
The ending I'm referring to is the one where you eat Kenny, not the lose one. Malik comes eventually and burn the entire dorm before the oil ladies get to take the monster MC to meet the Minyak in the sewers.

Without the MC there at all, Kenny most likely would've stayed there for a similar amount of time, if not longer, attracting attention to himself as he kept turning into a monster. That's what I meant by him not being subtle. He might've created so much carnage that it spread on the campus and since the MC isn't there, HERO would've most likely deployed someone. That someone most likely would've been Malik as he popped up when it happened to the MC.

That said, I still don't remember how much time passed in the scene, so maybe Malik wouldn't show up to kill Kenny, if it took days or so. Deus probably would've though since he was active at that time and told Lexi and Clark about Ella, who just left the party. Point is, Kenny probably wouldn't escape alive, if you said fuck everybody and left lol. :KEK:

Reactions: ItzSyther

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
RonaldGrand6969 I have finished my pondering and have concluded that the sheer cheeks on those 3 men would collapse the known universe.

Dem dumpys would make Ella be scared asf like in the bad end where MC goes all out instead of bein a pussy and not fighting.

Now we must decide...which dumpy shall rule them all out of the trio?
A) Jake with dumpy
B) Michael with dumpy
C) Deryl with dumpy
D) (Bonus, Fuck it) Shopkeep with dumpy
B) Michael dumpy for sure. He's got that tight spandex military shit to make it pop out too.

Jake dumpy would probably just be flat pancake dumpy with insecurity like "Do these pants make me look fat?"

Deryl dumpy is another good option, the genetics would hit but the jeans he wears restrict the cake to tell if it's good or not.

Shopkeeper would be my second choice. What that cloak do?

Last edited:
Reactions: ItzSyther

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
if he was stronger he may have been able to absorb more power(s) from Kenny rather than the little he did take with the mental link thing.
Not sure if absorbing would always result in better powers. Eating the farmer, Eric and the assistant at HERO base gives us power + 1, most others like Bailey, Kenny, Jake, etc only seems to give corruption. Possibly we gain abilities/powers based on who we absorbed/eaten after our next evolution. But with our memory copy skills we should be able to get new powers too.

Edit : since eating Kenny and Danica both needed a purge it seems possible when stronger(more corrupted?) we might be able to gain a larger amount of corruption in the future if no purge is needed. And more corruption based abilities like submitting the Minyak...

Last edited:

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020
I find it interesting that the MC wasn't able to purge Jake's power if the MC consumes him. The 1st pulls him into it's mindspace and the MC is too busy being hunted that he doesn't have a chance to deal with anything like purging his power. It's possible when the 3rd and 4th save him that they purge the power, or it's sitting in the along with the part of Jake living in his mind.
That could possibly be intentional. There might be a part where we need Jake's help later in the story. If Jake lives then he can do it, but if Jake is dead then it might be the fragment of his power that ends up doing the same thing in the story.

wouldnt that create the opposite issue? If she could take your powers why did she never make an attempt again? I've only played through with 0 corruption but I dont think it really changes too much
It's possible that as time goes on Ella starts to like the MC more and decides that she'd rather not murder him to absorb his mutations, or that could just not be a possibility.

If you have high corruption the way your MC acts and speaks can be a bit more aggressive, you can start to understand the monster language. Also the monster parent tells the MC that he needs to consume and grow more powerful when you have higher corruption. Nyx also says that corruption can have a subtle effect on how powers express themselves, which we can see in the fight with Klaus after the car crash. If you're low corruption you attack him by growing a bone blade on your tongue, if you're high corruption you stretch out your neck and bite him. I haven't noticed any other differences with powers.

Doom Marine

Oct 1, 2018
If you have high corruption the way your MC acts and speaks can be a bit more aggressive, you can start to understand the monster language. Also the monster parent tells the MC that he needs to consume and grow more powerful when you have higher corruption. Nyx also says that corruption can have a subtle effect on how powers express themselves, which we can see in the fight with Klaus after the car crash. If you're low corruption you attack him by growing a bone blade on your tongue, if you're high corruption you stretch out your neck and bite him. I haven't noticed any other differences with powers.
Another detail, MC with high corruption, another notable difference in powers, makes his tail act on its own and more aggressively as well. "Pretty fucking cool shit!" Also, you'll probably have more trouble keeping your tentacles from devouring people. But you'll have more chances to make the monsters submit to you as well as Minyak for now!

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
It's possible that as time goes on Ella starts to like the MC more and decides that she'd rather not murder him to absorb his mutations, or that could just not be a possibility..
I think this just furthers the idea that Ella isnt manipulating the situation as much as some people claim (Being MC dad, faking her friendships for almost a decade etc). Ella allegedy does all this stuff to MC but then when she gets to know MC (personally know MC since she had to do research/interact with MC as dad) she is willing to put her entire plan at risk? No matter if you are as kind/understanding/of the same mind as she is? While it hasn't happened yet we "know" that at some point we are going to be given a choice to side with her or not/kill her or not/fulfill her plan or ruin it so that means Ella is willing and able to have a decade long plan involving governments and extremely powerful people but then almost instantly is willing to throw it away for love (again even if you pick every "negative" option with her like you dont like your powers etc).

I really dont get why (not you personally) people are seemingly so gung ho on the idea that Ella has been orchestrating everything? Unless Ella can get a 6th evolution we know she wont be the "final boss". To me it seems like it would be a Madara/Kaguya scenario from Naruto. You have Madara/Ella a villian people love who basically manipulate the whole series in the background only for some borderline godlike entity like Kaguya/whatever Ella is working towards to come up beat the better written villein and then lose to a 20 something loner and his harem (Team 7 or the girls in this game).

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020
Another detail, MC with high corruption, another notable difference in powers, makes his tail act on its own and more aggressively as well. "Pretty fucking cool shit!" Also, you'll probably have more trouble keeping your tentacles from devouring people. But you'll have more chances to make the monsters submit to you as well as Minyak for now!
The tail operates on it's own with low corruption too, but I'll pay attention to it more in the low and high corruption runs to see how differently it acts.

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020
I think this just furthers the idea that Ella isnt manipulating the situation as much as some people claim (Being MC dad, faking her friendships for almost a decade etc). Ella allegedy does all this stuff to MC but then when she gets to know MC (personally know MC since she had to do research/interact with MC as dad) she is willing to put her entire plan at risk? No matter if you are as kind/understanding/of the same mind as she is? While it hasn't happened yet we "know" that at some point we are going to be given a choice to side with her or not/kill her or not/fulfill her plan or ruin it so that means Ella is willing and able to have a decade long plan involving governments and extremely powerful people but then almost instantly is willing to throw it away for love (again even if you pick every "negative" option with her like you dont like your powers etc).

I really dont get why (not you personally) people are seemingly so gung ho on the idea that Ella has been orchestrating everything? Unless Ella can get a 6th evolution we know she wont be the "final boss". To me it seems like it would be a Madara/Kaguya scenario from Naruto. You have Madara/Ella a villian people love who basically manipulate the whole series in the background only for some borderline godlike entity like Kaguya/whatever Ella is working towards to come up beat the better written villein and then lose to a 20 something loner and his harem (Team 7 or the girls in this game).
Ella does alot of work to manipulate Jake to turn him against you, she was also working behind the scenes manipulating things with the Aldains and with Jared's dad. So she's doing a fair bit of manipulation, but she's unlikely to be the main factor behind the scenes.

One of the issues is we don't know what Ella's up to. She might be trying to stop a monster apocalypse that's threatening the world, in which case some of the things she's been done could be more excusable. She could also be working with the monsters behind the scenes, where her behavior is much less excusable. That's part of the strength of the game, we've still got most of the story to discover.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Ella does alot of work to manipulate Jake to turn him against you, she was also working behind the scenes manipulating things with the Aldains and with Jared's dad. So she's doing a fair bit of manipulation, but she's unlikely to be the main factor behind the scenes.

One of the issues is we don't know what Ella's up to. She might be trying to stop a monster apocalypse that's threatening the world, in which case some of the things she's been done could be more excusable. She could also be working with the monsters behind the scenes, where her behavior is much less excusable. That's part of the strength of the game, we've still got most of the story to discover.
She's undoubtedly being manipulative but like you said its very unlikely that she is the driving force, also big agree on the fact we have no idea if her goals are "good" or "bad" although the people claiming the more outrageous things seem to be convinced shes undoubtedly evil. Something else that I thought about is what was going on for hundreds of years before Ella was born? Were all the numbered monsters just being mindless/lazy/chained up but then when this random human got powers (even though she would go on to be a "failure" at level 5) they basically all got involved?

This discussion feels kind of pointless because no matter how many things are pointed out as contradictions or things that dont make sense all the people arguing for it have to say are "Ella did that" then they can work backwards.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.80 star(s) 367 Votes