Unity SuperPowered 2 [v0.02.00] [Night City Productions]

1.80 star(s) 10 Votes

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Moving from Rempy to Unity is just so people can't easily skip grinding.
Python is much easier to "hack" than Unity in that sense.
To be fair Ren'py is very good at what it's intended for but you only need to look at something like Monster girl dreams to see that while you can make Ren'py do a lot of things it is far from easy requiring a lot of bespoke code that is pretty taxing for a solo dev, Unity has a lot more general support for a greater variety of things. Ren'py is great but it has limitations that Baal had mentioned butting up against previously so it's not unfair to switch platform.

Also plenty of people have hacked around unity, it's not simple text editor stuff like Ren'py most of the time but it's not far off, i've save edited Loser in a text editor and it works fine, so i expect SP2 will be similar.

Reactions: Mikey_Boy101

IdarksoulsI

Jun 26, 2017
The new models just don't do it for me, Maggie being the only exception. I think I get why he is doing the daily "restart" but I don't like it, it's too slow, the transitions already piss me off after some days. It probably will get a little better when more characters are integrated but with the new looks I don't even care anymore.
I'm really sorry for Baal because I'm one of the few people that love the renpy version.

buff

May 29, 2017
I get why Baal wanted to move to unity, I really do, but I think he's going to find that a lot of his paying supporters prefer to play his games with mods to make the grind more reasonable. And since Unity mods are a lot rarer than RenPy mods, he's probably not going to have many (or any) generated by the community.... as the game grows, this is going to be a bigger and bigger problem. Baal's own "fuck the lazy" attitude has always been his worst enemy.

bstr2k2

Sep 27, 2017
From Ren'py to Unity? That's a bit uncommon, usually its the other way around as unity tends to be a bit difficult to work with. :unsure:
If he had stayed with RenPy i might have given this a try.

"Do we need stability and performance or can we use Unity ?"

DerPolygonianer

Jul 7, 2018
it just crashes the game out and never loads after being patched
Probably because it's for Version 0.50 and the new Version I assume you're playing is 1.02? Sometimes a little independent thinking might be in order. Also, if you want to get cash just use cheat engine.

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
Same protagonist? Just doesn't look like a mummified Aztec king anymore :D

wizyy

Nov 24, 2017
Crashes to main menu at the sister twerking at the start
EDIT: managed to get it working after I added whatstheirnames two non-family girls at the start

Last edited:

D4rkPMK

Sep 12, 2020
Everything is broken, there are a lot of dead ends, things that when you use them the game crashes and won't let you go back, and best of all, the save mode doesn't work...

Reactions: pbam
1.80 star(s) 10 Votes