Mod Ren'Py SuperPowered: Radioactive [v0.45.03-RA12] [T.Geiger]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

IdarksoulsI

Jun 26, 2017
Hi, I love your mod! But I can't use the "hints" system, I don't see this option anywhere, what am I doing wrong?
You need their phone numbers. Then in the tracking menu you'll find the hints button.

T.Geiger
When tracking Kelly obsessive progress got this error:

edit:

Found another one when playing Tamaras mischief scene:

Last edited:

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
would it be possible to add an advanced control to cover the wild oats supression and the familial ties into one
See Billy-Sexual feature in OP. Under Mind Control.

I get a "Checksum Failed" for 0.40.01 (Linux) with 0.40.01-RA1.
As I don't have a Linux system, this is not something I can check on. You might try checking the log file, as I write some messages there when the checksum fails.

Can you add a 4th level to the Sympathetic Link so that Gift of Gab always works on all interactions?
I am not interested in doing this. Sorry.

when i start the game it just goes to blackscreen and when i click anywhere it just goes to the "program stopped working" window. What am i doing wrong?
I do not have enough information to begin analyzing here. Attach a save and I will look into it.

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
Bugfix release.

0.40.01-RA2 (2020.08.08)
  • Fixed tracking errors for Kelly Obsessive and Tamara Mischief scenes.

When tracking Kelly obsessive progress got this error:
Found another one when playing Tamaras mischief scene:
Kelly's scene was missing an open bracket for her first color tag. Easy fix.

Tamara's was a bit more interesting. This is a standard scene, but she is not a standard character. Normally, mischief gets auto-added to any character with the correct label. Which Tamara has. But because she is not a normal character, she kicks out of the auto-add function before anything actually gets added to her scene list. Fix was easy enough though, just have to manually add it to her.

Reactions: IdarksoulsI
Aug 23, 2018
See Billy-Sexual feature in OP. Under Mind Control.

As I don't have a Linux system, this is not something I can check on. You might try checking the log file, as I write some messages there when the checksum fails.

I am not interested in doing this. Sorry.

I do not have enough information to begin analyzing here. Attach a save and I will look into it.
It fixed itself? Dunno what happened but after 4 tries it just worked. Thanks.

Aug 9, 2020
I am running SP on 10.15

and I run into this problem as well

pls help
How do you get it to start if it is displaying this error code?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 298, in script
    init -10 python:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 301, in <module>
    from content_storyline import *
ImportError: No module named content_storyline

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 298, in script
    init -10 python:
  File "/Users/Pharaoh/MEGAsync Downloads/SuperPowered_v0.38.00.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "/Users/Pharaoh/MEGAsync Downloads/SuperPowered_v0.38.00.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/script.rpy", line 301, in <module>
    from content_storyline import *
ImportError: No module named content_storyline

Darwin-18.7.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Mon Mar  9 01:49:29 2020

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
I am running SP on 10.15 and I run into this problem as well
I'm still able to run it on 10.14 without issue

1597278136600.png

So unfortunately I have the same advice as before.

I would try installing from scratch. Check to see if SP runs before you install Radioactive. If that fails, there's something else going on. If you proceed to install Radioactive, make sure to extract the mod to the autorun folder inside SuperPowered.

If base SP fails and you got the archive from the thread, it is possible they messed something up. There have been problems in the past with their version.

Aug 9, 2020
I'm still able to run it on 10.14 without issue

View attachment 770229

So unfortunately I have the same advice as before.

I would try installing from scratch. Check to see if SP runs before you install Radioactive. If that fails, there's something else going on. If you proceed to install Radioactive, make sure to extract the mod to the autorun folder inside SuperPowered.

If base SP fails and you got the archive from the thread, it is possible they messed something up. There have been problems in the past with their version.
i can run the base game but only fail after overwrite the game file

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
i can run the base game but only fail after overwrite the game file
Hm, this is very basic startup code (written by Baal) and should not fail. I can only guess that something is going wrong when the code compiles that causes the game to not recognize the content_storyline file.

Try extracting the attached file to the autorun folder of a clean install. (Extracting over the top of Radioactive might work, but may leave some artifacts like asking if you want to turn non-existent cheats on.) This is Baal's code for the files Radioactive uses. (Technically, this is still modified as all the callbacks have been removed.) It shouldn't look or act any different than the base game, we're just trying to see if it starts.

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
sorry but it seems to be the same error appears
Okay, that pretty well confirms that it is some sort of code compilation issue (and will probably apply to any RenPy project that distributes code). Unfortunately, without having direct access to your machine, that is about as far as I can diagnose the issue.

The only remaining suggestion I have is a long shot that I don't expect to make a difference. if the "/private/var/fold..." thing listed in the Full traceback is where you are storing the game (and not something the OS is doing on its own), you might try to put the game and mod into a shorter folder path. Like "/junk" or something. (My copy is running in a root folder on a network share.) Windows has been known to have weird issues when the path gets too long, and there's a vague possibility you might be running into a similar issue. (I have never heard of it being an issue on Mac or for RenPy specifically, but it might be worth a try.)

If that fails to work, I am not sure there are any other options available to you that would be worth your time. You might want to look at one of the mods that distributes a pre-compiled version.

Aug 9, 2020
Thanks for the effort , I had threw the game onto the desktop and try running from there, and still receive the same error . For now , I will just hope for version .41 could fix this

random78905

Sep 7, 2017
Are the unstable Polymorph combat skills locked for anyone else? I thought the mod disabled the anti cheat for them, but I'm still getting the "Cheaters don't get to use this power." message.

IdarksoulsI

Jun 26, 2017
The new version is out and I imagine it's quite some work to integrate everything. Changes to the cell phone layout and even new functions.

Razield

Nov 12, 2017
While i admit i have aproximatly zero clue as to how much coding is required, do you have a ETA for the mod?

Im not meaning to be impatient just asking for an educated guess from one who knows better.

Jake Masters

Nov 9, 2018
Thank you in advance for your awesome mod to make an already fun game a blast! While we'd all love to see your mod soon, I know that updating your mod after a game update, and this one in particular, is going to take a while.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes