K9

May 28, 2017
Weird. I get the error and click ignore. Then it goes on to Billy calling it in.

Have you tried a fresh install where you just copy the save game? Try no mod. Then fight and go to Billy's room. Save, install mod, launch and load.

Ren'py can be wonky. I know when I played Amnety Park (or whatever it's called), I got more errors than I've recieved from all Ren'py games I've ever played. Yet others did not get errors.

I get an error just when the enemy goes down to 0 hp. That's when I hit ignore.

Can you post the error? It's the only way to get a look at what's going on.
It's a fresh game on a clean install, no mod.

Here's the other error I now get at the end of every fight, this one can be ignored and is probably the same one you get.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm no coder, but it seems that either the screen calls for the background for the 'enemy defeated' screen in the wrong place, or the background is missing altogether. When I ignore it defaults to the screen before the fight while the text proceeds normally.

Since the log doesn't provide any context for who the person should be, it is difficult to say what might be going on here. You could try store.current_stat_person = None at the console to see if it will get you past. If that doesn't work, try player instead of None.

The skip-able error seems to be from a variable name that is only ever used in that one place, so it has no value.

I feel I should also point out that there is a (unrelated) value in the base-game's code that suggests this might still be a "test" build. It is unclear if this value was intentional, or an oversight on Baal's part. (Or possibly just doesn't mean what I think it does.)
I couldn't reproduce the error, I just got it that one time. Now I have the other one, the one I just posted. If I ever get it again, I'll try what you suggest, thanks (though my default answer to an error is to close the game and reload a previous save to avoid polluting my game).

Dank Quixote

Jan 1, 2019
Your default answer should be to click ignore lol
I haven't worked much in python or ren'py. What you posted is not enough information for me to understand what is going on. I don't have the energy to go through the code. I hope someone here can help you

VoidSite

Jul 6, 2018
mhhh Chelsea was in the Basketball Gym at the beginning of the game, I ignored her (like all girls) because I was busy grind my skills together. Now where I have these, there is just Nikki in the Gym, Chelsea never show up. Can someone say what I did wrong?

bbnn

Mar 22, 2018
mhhh Chelsea was in the Basketball Gym at the beginning of the game, I ignored her (like all girls) because I was busy grind my skills together. Now where I have these, there is just Nikki in the Gym, Chelsea never show up. Can someone say what I did wrong?
nikki is in track class, so you click wrong, or meet a bug

K9

May 28, 2017
Your default answer should be to click ignore lol
I haven't worked much in python or ren'py. What you posted is not enough information for me to understand what is going on. I don't have the energy to go through the code. I hope someone here can help you
Thanks, but it's not a big deal. I posted the error for the dev if he reads this thread, for bug tracking purposes.

QuadChroma

Donor
Jun 13, 2017
Its a bug then
Yeah, I had the same problem over and over. Even when I fiddled with various things in the code or variables, I kept getting a different character showing up. I wasn't able to force Chelsea to ever show. I started a fresh game and it worked after that. Kind of sucked actually.

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
I don't see anything in the Basketball Class code that should have a problem like that. However, Baal is using ch as an abbreviation for Chelsea's character and also just characters in general.

Go to the console and type in ch . If it says <Person: chelsea>, then there's something particularly weird going on with the class. If it says anything else, then Chelsea is getting overwritten somewhere.

There are a few worrying instances in the functions in the script.rpy file, but they are Python, and shouldn't be accessing the same copy of the variable. The most likely candidate I see at the moment occurs during the demerits investigation. Nope, tested okay. Actually, yes. See below.

VoidSite

Jul 6, 2018
I did a more thorough test of the investigation scene and it did overwrite Chelsea. Did you get investigated during your game?
Ah you mean the two supergirls raiding my home and put me into an interrogation room? Yes, got that.
And that was in the early game, so they dont find anything because I was to busy with grinding.
Thought that is what happens if you fap to often in public or have lower grades then you should.

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
Ah you mean the two supergirls raiding my home and put me into an interrogation room? Yes, got that.
And that was in the early game, so they dont find anything because I was to busy with grinding.
Thought that is what happens if you fap to often in public or have lower grades then you should.
It is. That is one of the places Baal is using "ch" to refer to characters generically, and it is overwriting Chelsea with one of the characters being interrogated. It was Nikki for you, Sis in my test.

Someone should probably mention this bug to Baal. It can affect all games and completely wipes out Chelsea's data.

Reactions: IdarksoulsI
May 21, 2017
Yo. How long does 'Call init_chelsea' need to work? cause when I type in 'ch' in the console it displays as '<Person: chelsea>' for me. And yet I encounter the error for the in game character image file. I typed in the command and then entered the Basketball court, got the same error then too.

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
did the saves break between v.29 and v.33 ? I try to load my save that I had carried from back in v.14 all the way to .29 and it doesnt work now, I get this error, and if I hit ignore it takes me back to the beginning of the game where your creating your MC and selecting his powers all over again..

3.20 star(s) 139 Votes