sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Anyone knows how to get a job in school. I started playing this game yesterday and Its quite difficult to understand what i have to do. I got my grades to 80 and now i want to get a job in school. it says i need permission from the Division. How do i get that?
Have you been called the the principal's office and received a letter? That should happen the Monday after month-end where you hit the 80+ grade.

Once that has happened, you need to go to Logistics office when school should be open (Mon-Fri, Morning or Day timeslot). The only way to get there is get a ride from mom. When she is home, open your map. The icon to ask for a ride is higher and a bit more central than the other movement choices. Getting a ride is a favor, so make sure she has at least 80 Favor.

I'd suggest at least glancing at my walkthrough -- it's in my signature.

Reactions: Cartageno

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Is it just me or is this game INSANELY grindy?
Not just you, but not exactly true grind either. Depending on your goals, it can take awhile to collect necessary resources, yes. There are tactics to limit the repetition/maximize rewards. Typically, I have all powers by March and most talent and stat increases by May.

You really don't need to to do any of that, really though. You really need Enhanced Senses, Flight, Mind Control, Psychosism, and Sympathic Link; I typically accomplish that by end of Jan. The other powers (Armor of Terra, Kinesis, Mercurial Speed, Polymorph) are nice but not essential. Among the talents, Concentration near max is exceedingly helpful and decent scores in Personality, Persuasion, and Reflex make situations possible/more reasonable. Natural stats-wise, Natural Mental and Natural Social near max are helpful.

For me, the worst aspect for grind is attempting to achieve enough random outcomes to accomplish some of the more esoteric events -- like getting Sophie comfortable enough to fuck you overnight when she crashes at your house or achieving enough critical successes at Globex to accomplish -- well anything.

hyfka

Mar 8, 2021
Not just you, but not exactly true grind either. Depending on your goals, it can take awhile to collect necessary resources, yes. There are tactics to limit the repetition/maximize rewards. Typically, I have all powers by March and most talent and stat increases by May.
I really feel like I'm missing sometheing. I am in late November now and there just isn't much to do except repitition.
What's the point of Favor? I have Mom and Sister maxed out on both Favor and love, and all I can do is get 4 influence or 40 money/week? It says I need to pay rent yet I never have to pay rent? I can go on neighborhood watch for +20 or -10 or +2 Influence but I need something like 300 to do the Discipline training?
Basically I have been through 100 cycles of the same "Go to school, train there, socialize, talk to mom and sister, study or go on patrol" without much to show for it except 3 stat increases and X-ray vision

Also, I get a crash whenever I ask someone to "Help with Training"

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I would consider the grind the type you should expect from a sandbox, which this is to an extent. As for the project itself, I don't see the cast being too large to be the primary issue itself, it was really an overall combined issue of a developer taking a project too big for one person solo and the complicated mechanics as originally planned would make this too big a task even with a smaller cast of characters just by the sheer complication. It was doomed to not make it all the way to the end of the original plan from day one.

That is not to say Baal did a bad job, on the contrary, he made an excellent game even with all of the difficulty in his way. This was an extremely difficult project and, honestly, I am pleasantly surprised he made it as far as he did in developing it.

I really feel like I'm missing sometheing. I am in late November now and there just isn't much to do except repitition.
What's the point of Favor? I have Mom and Sister maxed out on both Favor and love, and all I can do is get 4 influence or 40 money/week? It says I need to pay rent yet I never have to pay rent? I can go on neighborhood watch for +20 or -10 or +2 Influence but I need something like 300 to do the Discipline training?
Basically I have been through 100 cycles of the same "Go to school, train there, socialize, talk to mom and sister, study or go on patrol" without much to show for it except 3 stat increases and X-ray vision

Favor is the main stat needed to get something out of any character, especially sexual things. It sounds a lot like your game bugged out somewhere since that's not at all what my save is like right now and I was just playing a few minutes ago. Obviously definitely having bugs with the training, do you have the latest version AND the bug fix from the first post of the thread?

Last edited:
Reactions: Macfinn99

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019

Rent has never been implemented. Neighborhood watch is terrible, no guaranteed pay, only good to see the scenes.

As for influence: once you got their like scores high enough, ask girls to gossip about you all you can. Also do the syndicate jobs.

Get phone numbers ASAP, shower the girls with texts, especially in the evening when there's not much else to do.

As for money: pick up a job at school.

Point of favor is (a) you need high enough favor to get the love stat up, (b) many interactions with the girls cost favor.

Reactions: hyfka

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019

Favor is a sort-of threshold requirement. Focus on getting most women to >60 (>80 for professionals like principal and nurse) to allow gossiping -- an early and constant source of general Influence. A few large favours are necessary (examples include getting mom to drive Billy to Logistics, principal to remove demerits/grant school influence/replace Derek or Tamara in the club). Unlocking a woman's fetish also requires using favors to have more in-depth conversations with them. A minimum Favor is also necessary to engage in more physical acts like hugs and kisses.

Rent was never implemented. Ignore it.

Glance at the first couple of months of my walkthrough (more of a strategy guide, really). You don't need to follow the steps, but it should give a feel for effective game play.

Reactions: hyfka

Midas24

Sep 8, 2017
I completed all the clique missions under the current build. Assuming you've activated at least one other clique mission, you meet the basic requirements for Mary's. The biggest bug in the clique missions is only Samantha gets added to the nerd group to award extra influence when interacted with.

Common blocks:
  • Another school mission (clique or NCHDL) is active. For me, a common thing to check is I didn't accept a NCHDL mission that requires class attendance to progress and then forget about it. Some require morning class, others afternoon class.
  • The NCHDL story line has progressed to the point where Terrorstrike and Karma come to the school. All school side stuff (missions, NCHDL, and bathroom vignettes) stop.
Hmm, I also did all the other clique missions. As far as NCHDL goes, I'm still on the point where you're supposed to try and fail to tutor Derek, but that didn't stop me from completing the other cliques, Mary's simply won't spawn. Don't suppose there are any other known blocks?
Could one of the mods fudge it up? I'm using the Better Experience Mod, which has a list of events, and I noticed Mary's questline is listed under her specific event list, but not on the "school stats" which has all the other cliques listed.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Hmm, I also did all the other clique missions. As far as NCHDL goes, I'm still on the point where you're supposed to try and fail to tutor Derek, but that didn't stop me from completing the other cliques, Mary's simply won't spawn. Don't suppose there are any other known blocks?
Could one of the mods fudge it up? I'm using the Better Experience Mod, which has a list of events, and I noticed Mary's questline is listed under her specific event list, but not on the "school stats" which has all the other cliques listed.
Ah. You can't get Mary's mission until you've accomplished one of the major missions for NCHDL (Stolen Chemicals), and beaten up this bad guy's brother. Normally that's not a problem as getting 15 combat wins takes a lot of time compared to starting the club.

Also, Mary, Kelly, and Denise can't be under Wild Oats suppression.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Ah. You can't get Mary's mission until you've accomplished one of the major missions for NCHDL (Stolen Chemicals), and beaten up this bad guy's brother. Normally that's not a problem as getting 15 combat wins takes a lot of time compared to starting the club.

You mean if they are you cannot start this mission? Because they can easily be wild oated.

SirTwist

Nov 5, 2017
I have played Super Powered since Rags. before switching to Ren'py, the story line was fairly complete. The rest needed work, and some parts of the story did need fleshing out, but that would come with time. Since moving to Ren'py though, the project became less focused on the story, and more about the girls, at first. The story was being rewritten as time went along. I believe that give that the story could have been a bit more solid, the girls should have had a bit more variety in their makeup. Ok, not the pictures, scenes, etc., rather in their characteristics, etc. And the powers could have used some work. If it were me, I would have left out the combat system in the Ren'py, until I had the powers worked out fully. Then worked in the combat system, after I had the story, girls, etc. worked out. But hey, this is a decent game, and it is fairly unique for the genre, etc.

Midas24

Sep 8, 2017

Oh shit, really? So get to a point where I beat on some person's brother, then? Nice, thanks for that info, my silly robot friend! Then I at least know hope is not lost! I'll continue on that quest line then and see what happens!

hyfka

Mar 8, 2021
.Obviously definitely having bugs with the training, do you have the latest version AND the bug fix from the first post of the thread?
Yeah, now I'm getting an exception whenever the slutty friend comes over.

Btw is there a way to get the girl from the tutoring to talk to you again after she found out you are following her? Billy is some sort of mind controlling wizard after all

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Yeah, now I'm getting an exception whenever the slutty friend comes over.

Btw is there a way to get the girl from the tutoring to talk to you again after she found out you are following her? Billy is some sort of mind controlling wizard after all
Tamara is not recoverable without console commands.

Did you reduce Danni's inhibition level, by chance?

hyfka

Mar 8, 2021
Did you reduce Danni's inhibition level, by chance?
Not that I know of. I played that story out normally without using console (Femboy Freddy route). Now on mondays when Danni comes and asks to make out if I say yes I get an exception saying the body image could not be found. But I can ignore past that so it's not technically gamebreaking.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3.20 star(s) 140 Votes