Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I don't suppose it's worth begging to post the tech demo here?
There is a request forum. Though from what I heard it really isn't worth it and will probably lead to complaints of "no updates" if the real release really takes another couple of months.

Reactions: Mikey_Boy101

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
There is a request forum. Though from what I heard it really isn't worth it and will probably lead to complaints of "no updates" if the real release really takes another couple of months.
As far as I know, the dev is still on 2 months on SP / 2 months on Loser schedule so the next time we'll see something is a long way off.

Urruah

Jun 20, 2017
SP2 tech demo is just that. There's only one place you can go and like two characters you can interact with at all. Sex options are highly limited and difficult to reach.

Loser is pretty good. The biggest issue it has is that the beginning is very slow.

Reactions: wjrjbnjd

wjrjbnjd

Aug 6, 2016
haven't touch this for ages, surprised that it's completed. where does this game end? and carry on from SP2?

Mikey_Boy101

Nov 8, 2020
Gotta love these NTR Trolls. It's like puppies barking at the rain.

One of the main reasons I wanted the demo was to see more of these images that have posted as Sneak peeks, any idea if there are any/many in the demo that haven't posted here already?
I know some of the blowjob scenes as Billy in his normal state and Big Dick Polymorph haven’t been posted here as well as Billy Jean as a female and futa but with no Mind Control.

Reactions: Stil996

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
haven't touch this for ages, surprised that it's completed. where does this game end? and carry on from SP2?
The game effectively "ends" at graduation. There's no actual end in the game or sign that's the player is done and there's lots of "to-be-developed-later" signs you need to overlook. It's completed in the sense that the dev said he's done working on it in favour of different engine and didn't just walk away.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
SP2 tech demo is just that. There's only one place you can go and like two characters you can interact with at all. Sex options are highly limited and difficult to reach.

Loser is pretty good. The biggest issue it has is that the beginning is very slow.
My biggest issue is the game has no goal. It's a sandbox -- which I tend to like -- but there's nothing I as a player am trying to work towards. Game play is really just adjusting the people around you to see different scenes and/or change relationships. You can't develop a strategy without a goal.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
My biggest issue is the game has no goal. It's a sandbox -- which I tend to like -- but there's nothing I as a player am trying to work towards. Game play is really just adjusting the people around you to see different scenes and/or change relationships. You can't develop a strategy without a goal.
+1
I can get behind that, at the beginning it feels like you set your own goals, pick the character you want to be and build towards that, but there is no sense of time passing, nothing constraining you, no end, you just keep morphing yourself and those around you until you see all the available scenes. It makes it feel a bit empty.

SuperMaxo

Nov 3, 2017
I’ve tried SuperPowered many times over the years, but always blindly, without looking at any walkthough. And it always felt that I was running around in circles, without any sense of direction. I would abandon , but I always came back some months/ years later, would progress slightly further, then would abandon once more. It wasn’t until I read through SillyRobot’s guide that I actually understood whatever was really going on. Maybe all Loser needs is a good walkthough to start making sense to players

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I’ve tried SuperPowered many times over the years, but always blindly, without looking at any walkthough. And it always felt that I was running around in circles, without any sense of direction. I would abandon , but I always came back some months/ years later, would progress slightly further, then would abandon once more. It wasn’t until I read through SillyRobot’s guide that I actually understood whatever was really going on. Maybe all Loser needs is a good walkthough to start making sense to players
That's apples and baseballs (not even two pieces if fruit :p), Superpowered has a story and direction (that might get lost in the grinding but it's there), Loser is pure sandbox, it's got a very alternative approach with nothing to aim for except seeing what you haven't seen yet.

wjrjbnjd

Aug 6, 2016
The game effectively "ends" at graduation. There's no actual end in the game or sign that's the player is done and there's lots of "to-be-developed-later" signs you need to overlook. It's completed in the sense that the dev said he's done working on it in favour of different engine and didn't just walk away.
ahh i see ok, i'll try this out later tonight

Mikey_Boy101

Nov 8, 2020
+1
I can get behind that, at the beginning it feels like you set your own goals, pick the character you want to be and build towards that, but there is no sense of time passing, nothing constraining you, no end, you just keep morphing yourself and those around you until you see all the available scenes. It makes it feel a bit empty.
It only feels empty because there hasn’t been a lot of paths to go down with one character yet. Baal is going to make a new path for Gina to go down the stripper path but you have to go back to her Bartender AT to get to the new path.

I’ll admit i was a bit lost when I first started. I hit new game was thrown into my bedroom and I was like “uhhhhh what do I do???”. However I took the time to read up on the entire tutorial on the main menu and understood the gist of the game. A little trial and error along the way but nothing that got me upset About the mechanics of the game.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
It only feels empty because there hasn’t been a lot of paths to go down with one character yet. Baal is going to make a new path for Gina to go down the stripper path but you have to go back to her Bartender AT to get to the new path.

I’ll admit i was a bit lost when I first started. I hit new game was thrown into my bedroom and I was like “uhhhhh what do I do???”. However I took the time to read up on the entire tutorial on the main menu and understood the gist of the game. A little trial and error along the way but nothing that got me upset About the mechanics of the game.
Number of paths doesn't address my complaint though. It doesn't matter if every woman has 14 different end-states achievable via 28 interim choices if I have no purpose to adjust them except to see the scenes. I'm not a completionist in that sense.

I puddled around with the game on a few occasions and kept ending up going "What am I trying to achieve, anyway? There's a lot of effort (and grind) to... see a different set of clothes and scenes. Woohoo." By and large, I like sandboxes. But sandboxes work best for me when I have a long-term goal and can develop both a strategy to pursue and tactics to hone to achieve that goal. Loser offers nothing that can be seen as a goal save changing the characters' personalities and frankly, especially at the beginning, I don't care about them nor am I given any insight into why changing them is in anyway helpful. It's not helped by the game play being both obtuse and of limited enjoyment. If you are going to give a grind contest, at least make the individual matches fun and/or challenging.

Reactions: lostone2 and Troqu

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
So this is really completed? I haven't played it in ages and I mean ages but did enjoy it once upon a time, lost my saves in a PC issue and didn't feel like starting again. Since I see it completed, be cool to finally start it again and see where it ends.

good job to dev on completing it.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Na man, I think you missed my point, the game needs boundaries/direction to give it shape, it's not about how many scenes there are, there needs be a Start and Finish with a journey between them, it feels wrong that you can be the Jock clean freak in the same playthrough as the Nerdy Slob.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
So this is really completed? I haven't played it in ages and I mean ages but did enjoy it once upon a time, lost my saves in a PC issue and didn't feel like starting again. Since I see it completed, be cool to finally start it again and see where it ends.

good job to dev on completing it.
Completed can be read in a variety of ways. It's completed in that the dev says he's done working on it in its current form and it is playable from start to graduation. There's no ending per se -- basically treat the graduation party as a final scene if you like.

Large bits of the presented game remain aspirational -- 3 powers aren't added, the scenes wrt the Initiative are missing, the college courses are mentioned but not active, equipment was never added, several women weren't fleshed out, etc.

3.20 star(s) 139 Votes