Dragon Sins

Jul 27, 2017
Damn, that's a damn shame, I really liked the game's premise, too bad there'll be no more character developments.... :(

Urruah

Jun 20, 2017
Certain members of the cast are returning for SP2. Allie, Maggie, Steph, Sandra and Steph's friend whose name I can't remember are all confirmed. My guess is that most of the other high school characters probably won't be returning since iirc the overly large cast was one issue bogging down development of the first game.

The Unity engine and mechanics honestly feel smoother than the original game. Give it another few dev cycles and I think we'll have something pretty solid.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Yeah, I can see disappointment in SP2 if your favorite isn't included ... the selection makes sense though. Possible exception Allie, but since she's in my top 3, I won't complain ...

Reactions: ubblesnop

Urruah

Jun 20, 2017
I'm only going off who comes up in the character builder at the start of the game. The only other one I remember being mentioned at all is that Denise is in southeast Asia for an extended period of time.

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
Certain members of the cast are returning for SP2. Allie, Maggie, Steph, Sandra and Steph's friend whose name I can't remember are all confirmed. My guess is that most of the other high school characters probably won't be returning since iirc the overly large cast was one issue bogging down development of the first game.

The Unity engine and mechanics honestly feel smoother than the original game. Give it another few dev cycles and I think we'll have something pretty solid.
Of course it did, the dumbasses who insisted on "finishing" the school first killed this game years ago. The dev honestly kept doing everything he could to work on anything else because making 50 carbon copied classmates was a moronic decision.

Reactions: klang

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
Of course it did, the dumbasses who insisted on "finishing" the school first killed this game years ago. The dev honestly kept doing everything he could to work on anything else because making 50 carbon copied classmates was a moronic decision.
On another side nobody did force the dev to make a school ...

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
While I will agree that 9 schoolgirls (10 including Steph) was a bit much, I will argue against "carbon copies" - I think he did quite well to establish characters and fetishes suitably different. Unfortunately the sam can, in my eyes, not be said about the adults, probably due to lack of being fleshed out. While I do like the diversity, some middle ground possibly would have been helpful.

Reactions: kingkiller0297

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
While I will agree that 9 schoolgirls (10 including Steph) was a bit much, I will argue against "carbon copies" - I think he did quite well to establish characters and fetishes suitably different. Unfortunately the sam can, in my eyes, not be said about the adults, probably due to lack of being fleshed out. While I do like the diversity, some middle ground possibly would have been helpful.
Carbon copies was a bit far but the work needed was the same for each one. They needed same number of successful/unsuccessful interactions, they needed a fetish of some kind, they needed a few different changes of clothing depending on your changes to the school rules and how slutty you made them, and they needed fleshed out interactions with the phone. Technically that's true for every female npc he was eventually going to add, but there's only so much possible variety when most of their weeks are schooldays which takes up most of those days and it very much shows that he got bored with it. The more recent characters are a lot less interesting than the first few and let's be clear, he wouldn't have felt the need to start another project if he wasn't bored with doing the same shit over and over again. If he hadn't let people vote to "finish" the school he could have done it over time while he fleshed out other areas and systems, to the point where some of the shit he needed to do for Loser probably would have just been another part of Superpowered.

Urruah

Jun 20, 2017
I'm optimistic regarding SP2 because the issues with the whole school thing was A. too many character and too many potential variations and B. listening too much to patrons. There are less characters and more streamlined mechanics and in the Loser thread Baal already said he'd overrule patrons (indirectly by controlling poll options) who just want more of the same thing all the time even if it comes at the detriment of the game as a whole. Cause frankly? I really stopped liking SP at all after awhile and could not get back into it.

Reactions: Troqu

DraKeoniS

May 11, 2020
Hello guys, i use the Universal Ren’py mod with this game, do anyone know the name of the variants i need to change to be sure to trigger a critic succes everytime i go to class?

Urruah

Jun 20, 2017
Just use the better experience mod and you can alter all the variables you want to make the game actually playable.

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
I'm having a problem, hopefully someone can help me, I started a brand new game with this latest version 0.43.03, and am using the "radioactive mod" I have noticed that the sister/stephanie is not showing up at all... I am currently two weeks into the game, and have met everyone in school including the "Champions".

Yet still Steph/Sis doesnt show up either at home or at school.... did the dev change the game and she doesnt show up till a later point in the story, or is something else messed up ?

Oct 8, 2020
I'm having a problem, hopefully someone can help me, I started a brand new game with this latest version 0.43.03, and am using the "radioactive mod" I have noticed that the sister/stephanie is not showing up at all... I am currently two weeks into the game, and have met everyone in school including the "Champions".

Yet still Steph/Sis doesnt show up either at home or at school.... did the dev change the game and she doesnt show up till a later point in the story, or is something else messed up ?
If you didn't take the Good Brother perk during character creation, she goes to boarding school and will only show up at home during school breaks.

Reactions: Rythan25

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
... and it arguably is the reason it didn't work out. It's not much use that you (and I) liked it, if the dev cannot do it.
Is the biggest problem there were too many girls or that he felt like he had to give all the girls equal attention?
IMO he should have focused on story arcs and given girls different priority based on how they impacted the narrative, filling in the sandbox elements later when the creative juices aren't flowing as strongly. Trying to do a lot of similar elements one after the other has to be soul destroying. I'm assuming he is solo?

I might be Bias but Ms Jackson, Mom and Sis were the main stars, the rest merely nice diversions.
Someone tell me miss Jackson is still in the second part (If she isn't... Lie)

Reactions: Randeep44

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Is the biggest problem there were too many girls or that he felt like he had to give all the girls equal attention?
IMO he should have focused on story arcs and given girls different priority based on how they impacted the narrative, filling in the sandbox elements later when the creative juices aren't flowing as strongly. Trying to do a lot of similar elements one after the other has to be soul destroying. I'm assuming he is solo?

I might be Bias but Ms Jackson, Mom and Sis were the main stars, the rest merely nice diversions.
Someone tell me miss Jackson is still in the second part (If she isn't... Lie)
I assume by Ms Jackson you mean Ms Larson the principal and not the famous lady from the OutCast song? Might be hard to include her. Wouldn't personally be mad because she is the kind of MILF I consider overused and which bores me a bit, unlike Maggie. But yeah, she is more discernible than any schoolgirl, except for maybe Sandra.

I will miss basically any girl though, since I loved the unique models. In this game I never had the feel "Oh, this bartender, wasn't she the pizza girl in that other game? And of course my sister in this one?". Which made all of them special to me, even if only in a meta way. Except maybe Ivy, Nikki, and Kelly. (Love Nikki though, but by looks she's pretty standard for this game).

3.20 star(s) 139 Votes