Urruah

Jun 20, 2017
so hows the demo so far any major quailty of life changes
There's basically nothing in it. The only place you can go to is Maggie's house and the only person you can really talk to is Maggie. You can't really do much with her atm, at least not in any practical way since you only drop her willpower down like a hair at a time and it's on a five day cooldown to do so. So you can't really get her down to the point where you can actually suppress family ties.

It's really just a framework. I can see where he intends to build on it and I think it'll work out to play more fluidly than SP1, but for now there's just nothing in it.

Also so far it sounds like for high school characters only Sandra and Allie will be returning atm? Or maybe the others, if any, just won't be coming back anytime soon and thus Baal didn't feel the need to put in choices for them during character construction.

Edit: It's technically not accurate to say that there's no content at all, I guess, but it's very impractical to reach if it's there. Like you can MC Maggie to blow you in the morning seemingly but it seems to require a skill check you can't actually meet atm because there isn't really a way to gain stats.

Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
Every render I've shown is in the Tech Demo. Everything in the Tech Demo is accessible, but it may take work, or experimentation. For example, Supressing Wild Oates gives you access to a roll option called "You are Mine" for some actions, that reduces the difficulty of a roll by 3. And the fact that a character can have a temporary trait like "Familial Bonds Supressed" along side the supression trait "Supression: Wild Oats" means you can gain the benefits of both.
Also you should read the Tooltip regarding difficulty. The difficulty gets easier based on what kind of challenge it is. Most Mind controll difficulties are willpower challenges, so the difficulty is a number + 10% of targets willpower. So lower willpower = easier challenge.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Every render I've shown is in the Tech Demo. Everything in the Tech Demo is accessible, but it may take work, or experimentation. For example, Supressing Wild Oates gives you access to a roll option called "You are Mine" for some actions, that reduces the difficulty of a roll by 3. And the fact that a character can have a temporary trait like "Familial Bonds Supressed" along side the supression trait "Supression: Wild Oats" means you can gain the benefits of both.
Also you should read the Tooltip regarding difficulty. The difficulty gets easier based on what kind of challenge it is. Most Mind controll difficulties are willpower challenges, so the difficulty is a number + 10% of targets willpower. So lower willpower = easier challenge.
Is the tech demo & future releases coming to this thread? or are they getting a new one?

Urruah

Jun 20, 2017
Yeah that's why I walked back my statement a little by saying it's more impractical than impossible. It seemed like even with max available wits you had a less than 50% chance of reducing her willpower at all and if you succeeded it was only by like three points. It seemed like something that was meant to be done with higher stats than you have available to you and at a slow pace, indicating it's meant to be one of a bunch of things you work on at the same time.

I'll try again later maybe.

Last edited:

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
The tech demo is just for patron's right now right, not been released here?

Urruah

Jun 20, 2017
No, it hasn't been released here. I certainly won't upload it here and other people who normally would probably aren't interested enough yet or realize that there's like nothing to do anyway.

I take back what I said earlier, it's actually easier to get control over Maggie and reduce her willpower to decent levels than I thought. I have no idea how to meet the stat check for oral though but tbh I don't really care since I don't feel like there's a huge amount in the game to do.

By the way, bug report that I was tempted to keep hidden because it makes the game easier for me: If you super boost your stat to make a skill check and save, you can then load your save and do the super boost a second time and guarantee you make the check.

3.20 star(s) 139 Votes